• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2020 US Presidential Election Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minix0

Smash Apprentice
There's a politics thread on here...??
Well, that's fine I guess. But if I'm gonna contribute anything to this convo its that I hate politics. People are so tribalistic and love to stick to their guns without ever hearing anyone out. That doesn't mean you gotta agree or change your take, but people in general won't even try to understand the other side, treating them like animals. This goes for people outside of politicians too. Everyone sees themselves as the intellectually gifted. Its like, people can't even comprehend someone having a different perspective on something.
I don't mind debating but man, its just corny Twitter one liners and attacks now. I can't even express support for one candidate without fear of being a vile human being.
This makes me look like a moderate but I'm far from. I just hate how toxic politics are and how its injected into every single portion of my life. The person in the White House only affects so much.
...Hopefully that doesn't sound like a rant haha. That's pretty much all I have to say on the matter.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Given they did 3 recounts in Georgia and fund no discrepancies, I think it will be Georgia to decide the victory.
Actually, they managed to find 5,000 votes for Trump in those recounts, removing ~1/3rd of Biden’s lead, and that’s WITHOUT even the signature verification that everyone wanted.

Oh, BTW, now that MSM has admitted to lying to you all about the Hunter Biden scandal, how does it feel to support a puppet of communist China because “Orange man bad”?

One wonders how long after the inauguration it will be before they admit to the massive fraud. It’ll be a great excuse to get him out and put Kamala in place.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Actually, they managed to find 5,000 votes for Trump in those recounts, removing ~1/3rd of Biden’s lead, and that’s WITHOUT even the signature verification that everyone wanted.

Oh, BTW, now that MSM has admitted to lying to you all about the Hunter Biden scandal, how does it feel to support a puppet of communist China because “Orange man bad”?

One wonders how long after the inauguration it will be before they admit to the massive fraud. It’ll be a great excuse to get him out and put Kamala in place.
If Hunter was going to be president, I would care more. How does it feel to have a family that stole money from children with cancer?

Also,

Let me guess. Fake news and Trump is pure right?

One more thing
106 House republicans need to be charged with sedition and violating their oath of office.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

I thought there was a signature recount of a portion of ballots? I believe they should have done this if not because it hurts the credibility of the Georgia 2020 election.

As for Biden's son I'll wait to comment until this recent development plays out. But here's a fairly non biased summary for anyone interested.

link2702

Smash Champion
Well. Its over unless the crazies try a coup.
don't put it past them.

They've shown time and time again they will ignore reality and don't care about actual law and order despite their claims. They will believe any sort of bull**** that spews from their cult leaders mouth, no matter how ridiculous. They've also shown they're more than willing to get violent. All they're waiting on is their leaders order. And as we get closer to January 20th, when all the cases he's tried to make are finally thrown out, and reality sits in that he's the loser, he'll snap and start to order his cult followers to riot and attack every and anyone who didn't support him.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
don't put it past them.

They've shown time and time again they will ignore reality and don't care about actual law and order despite their claims. They will believe any sort of bull**** that spews from their cult leaders mouth, no matter how ridiculous. They've also shown they're more than willing to get violent. All they're waiting on is their leaders order. And as we get closer to January 20th, when all the cases he's tried to make are finally thrown out, and reality sits in that he's the loser, he'll snap and start to order his cult followers to riot and attack every and anyone who didn't support him.
Not sure what they think they will gain. I doubt the military will sit idly by.

link2702

Smash Champion
Not sure what they think they will gain. I doubt the military will sit idly by.
The same thing Many Germans thought they'd gain when they gave Hitler and his Nazi party their unwavering support in the 1930s-40s.

A lot of people in the military are also fairly right-wing in their political views and many of the younger ones enlisted are the far right conspiracy theory driven ones. We're about to see where their true loyalty is, with their country, or for one man. Let's hope the majority is for their country...

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
The same thing Many Germans thought they'd gain when they gave Hitler and his Nazi party their unwavering support in the 1930s-40s.

A lot of people in the military are also fairly right-wing in their political views and many of the younger ones enlisted are the far right conspiracy theory driven ones. We're about to see where their true loyalty is, with their country, or for one man. Let's hope the majority is for their country...
Even if the crazies joined the military, they are trained to follow orders. Not think. The brass at the top are where we should be looking. And from what i heard, they hate trump.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Alright let's try to reel this in a bit.

This is not a great source. It's free to view once or however but eventually like a nytimes article you have to pay. They are also not hiding the fact they are Anti Trump.

But to be fair, searching google turns up little mainstream hits that aren't old. And what does show up is more hits for The Atlantic. ..... A Boston publication. Sigh.

Not looking good for big Tech not looking good for many reasons actually.

So let's put this bed. It's obvious that big news and big tech are both interested in one thing getting bigger and that means markets and that is econmics. So talking about a military coup in reference to the US 2020 Presidential Election is poor form to say the least and outright forbidden except for this one blue publication. Or tons of smut that's been barred from me apparently because I have kiddie Google or something.

More about background than anything but The Pentagon has remained quiet.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I don't like how many in the media are doing the whole "both sides thing". This whole thing about being non bias is what is doing the most harm because it normalizes Trump and the GOP's corrupt tendencies. This is bad because it makes the American people more susceptible to manipulation by corrupt politicians.

Look at what is going on in Georgia. Senator Perdue trades the most stock in the Senate, sits on many company subcommittees and has access to confidential information being a member of the Senate. That is just a powder keg of insider trading. Yet he is just a few points behind his opponent. You know what that means? It means that a lot of voters don't care how corrupt their politicians are as long as their side wins. This fire was set long ago by Newt Gingrich turning American politics into a gladiator sport and now we have a GOP that is so aloof to the suffering of the people because they know that they have little to worry about because their voters don't care enough about politics to hold them accountable thus allowing corruption to flourish.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Dear republicans.

I thought you guys were better then antifa?
What happened?

Where is the other side right now? Saying these things were only antifa?

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Dear republicans.

What happened?
They know that the party is nearing an end and want to get out as much of their discord out as possible before Trump and Bill Barr leave office, because once those two do, these ruffians won't have Trump and Bill Barr's protection anymore. Its going to be eight more years of democrat control and they know it will force them back underground again.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Dear republicans.

What happened?

Where is the other side right now? Saying these things were only antifa?
Actually, you'll notice that we didn't burn down any cities. Also, the four stabbings that happened at that event were all perpetuated by your buddies.

But what happened is that you taught Republicans that playing nice and playing by the rules doesn't work, and that violence, terrorism, and riots are the way to get what you want. That the law means nothing, that it won't be enforced, etcetera. You taught conservatives that there is nothing left of America to conserve. The system is broken beyond repair.

So they're playing by your rules now. I hope you're having fun, because it's only going to get worse.

They know that the party is nearing an end and want to get out as much of their discord out as possible before Trump and Bill Barr leave office, because once those two do, these ruffians won't have Trump and Bill Barr's protection anymore. Its going to be eight more years of democrat control and they know it will force them back underground again.
Oh, you sweet summer child. You can't possibly be this naive, can you? First off, Barr doesn't "protect" anyone on the right at all. Literally all he's done his entire career is protect the establishment. Second, however, you are operating under a delusion that the right is going to go away without Trump. I know that CNN and MSNBC have told you that Trump is the source of all the world's problems, but he's actually just a symptom of your corrupt and hateful ideology treating anyone who disagrees with you like complete crap for decades. They are tired of being backstabbed by their politicians and told what to do and think by the most insane bunch of lunatics on the planet. They are not going to go away, even if Trump does (and he won't). Your ideas are deeply unpopular. Oh, I know, you're going to point to the rigged Presidential election (which even 30% of your own party admits to thinking was fraudulent) to say that you won, ignoring that you didn't flip a single House seat and lost several. But no one likes you.

Yes, the Republican party is going to die in the midterms. It will have almost no one voting for it and it will collapse utterly. And no one on the right cares any more. In fact, we're happy to see it. The right despises that party of pathetic non-entities who only ever serve as controlled opposition to your authoritarian aims.

But if you think that means the right is going to vanish, you have absolutely no idea how anyone on the right thinks.

Biden has no legitimacy. Over half the country (75% of Republicans, 40% of Independents, and 30% of Democrats) admit to thinking the election was fraudulent, and those numbers are probably growing as the Dems continue to refuse to cooperate with investigations and more and more evidence comes out that there was major fraud involved. Even the media is no longer claiming that there's no evidence of fraud, or even no evidence of "widespread" fraud, they're now just claiming that it wasn't enough to flip the election.

The country, and especially the right, doesn't believe Biden won legitimately. They aren't going to obey him. They aren't going to follow his edicts. When he comes out and demands a mask mandate against the law, the science, and the Constitution, the right is going to tell him to go **** himself. Half the country has already directly challenged the results and were told their complaints couldn't even be heard. Those states are not going to give a damn what the illegitimate Biden says. Those states will just declare themselves "sanctuary cities" and ignore the non-laws passed by an illegitimate government.

Meanwhile those who have had their lives and businesses destroyed will take a lesson from your playbook, and go out and riot. And those riots will only get worse the more you try to crack down.

If you think this is going away, you have absolutely no understanding of the human psyche. Buckle up, the fun has only begun.

Oh, and while the right is purging its political party of the worthless do-nothings, we're also going to be laughing at the Dems who suddenly realize that sitting back and letting the Dems who twice cheated them out of an election cheat their way into power isn't working out well for them at all. BLM has already started complaining that they're being completely ignored. Biden is selecting a bunch of establishment figures, Wall Street corporatists, globalists, tech oligarchs, and war hawks for important positions. A major Dem on the House Intelligence Committee was revealed to be sleeping with a Chinese spy who fundraised for him and basically launched his political career. Watching the radical left be kicked to the curb by the establishment that they praised is going to be absolutely hilarious.

No, none of this is going away. It's only going to get bigger, louder, and more violent. This is what you wanted, so try to enjoy it.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Actually, you'll notice that we didn't burn down any cities. Also, the four stabbings that happened at that event were all perpetuated by your buddies.

But what happened is that you taught Republicans that playing nice and playing by the rules doesn't work, and that violence, terrorism, and riots are the way to get what you want. That the law means nothing, that it won't be enforced, etcetera. You taught conservatives that there is nothing left of America to conserve. The system is broken beyond repair.

So they're playing by your rules now. I hope you're having fun, because it's only going to get worse.

Oh, you sweet summer child. You can't possibly be this naive, can you? First off, Barr doesn't "protect" anyone on the right at all. Literally all he's done his entire career is protect the establishment. Second, however, you are operating under a delusion that the right is going to go away without Trump. I know that CNN and MSNBC have told you that Trump is the source of all the world's problems, but he's actually just a symptom of your corrupt and hateful ideology treating anyone who disagrees with you like complete crap for decades. They are tired of being backstabbed by their politicians and told what to do and think by the most insane bunch of lunatics on the planet. They are not going to go away, even if Trump does (and he won't). Your ideas are deeply unpopular. Oh, I know, you're going to point to the rigged Presidential election (which even 30% of your own party admits to thinking was fraudulent) to say that you won, ignoring that you didn't flip a single House seat and lost several. But no one likes you.

Yes, the Republican party is going to die in the midterms. It will have almost no one voting for it and it will collapse utterly. And no one on the right cares any more. In fact, we're happy to see it. The right despises that party of pathetic non-entities who only ever serve as controlled opposition to your authoritarian aims.

But if you think that means the right is going to vanish, you have absolutely no idea how anyone on the right thinks.

Biden has no legitimacy. Over half the country (75% of Republicans, 40% of Independents, and 30% of Democrats) admit to thinking the election was fraudulent, and those numbers are probably growing as the Dems continue to refuse to cooperate with investigations and more and more evidence comes out that there was major fraud involved. Even the media is no longer claiming that there's no evidence of fraud, or even no evidence of "widespread" fraud, they're now just claiming that it wasn't enough to flip the election.

The country, and especially the right, doesn't believe Biden won legitimately. They aren't going to obey him. They aren't going to follow his edicts. When he comes out and demands a mask mandate against the law, the science, and the Constitution, the right is going to tell him to go **** himself. Half the country has already directly challenged the results and were told their complaints couldn't even be heard. Those states are not going to give a damn what the illegitimate Biden says. Those states will just declare themselves "sanctuary cities" and ignore the non-laws passed by an illegitimate government.

Meanwhile those who have had their lives and businesses destroyed will take a lesson from your playbook, and go out and riot. And those riots will only get worse the more you try to crack down.

If you think this is going away, you have absolutely no understanding of the human psyche. Buckle up, the fun has only begun.

Oh, and while the right is purging its political party of the worthless do-nothings, we're also going to be laughing at the Dems who suddenly realize that sitting back and letting the Dems who twice cheated them out of an election cheat their way into power isn't working out well for them at all. BLM has already started complaining that they're being completely ignored. Biden is selecting a bunch of establishment figures, Wall Street corporatists, globalists, tech oligarchs, and war hawks for important positions. A major Dem on the House Intelligence Committee was revealed to be sleeping with a Chinese spy who fundraised for him and basically launched his political career. Watching the radical left be kicked to the curb by the establishment that they praised is going to be absolutely hilarious.

No, none of this is going away. It's only going to get bigger, louder, and more violent. This is what you wanted, so try to enjoy it.

It's really not that dramatic. Shoe is on the other foot, now, is all. But notice the subtle differences. Trump was recognized as president elect by Anti Trump protestors despite the whole russia junk.

Did the Dems waste too much time on trying to prove he cheated? Absolutely.

Will the Republicans make the same mistake?

Nope. 2024 isn't far. And as we've learned over the years successful 8 year administrations get more done not just because it's a longer time but because it takes that long to make meaningful advances in all sectors. So wasting time isn't an option. Especially these days.

Let's do this.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Ahh yes. those really angry signs at the church were really out there taunting them. weren't they. And no. The country believes Biden won. Only people that cannot follow 51 loses and no real proof cannot believe he won.

A mask mandate against science? Science has said they work.

It is not my playbook when the links all point to Republicans doing it. I sense projection.

for you last paragraph, sounds very un-american and uninformed. Post proof. Real honest proof that there was fraud. Not "boston bomber" proof. Where arm chair detectives said they found something, but were just chasing the wind. I want real solid evidence that has been verified by officials that can be used in the court of law. Because so far nothing like that has been given, which is why 51 cases, 2 of which were supreme court, were tossed. I cannot sit here and go "There was fraud. I just feel it" because I can say the exact same thing about the moon landing being fake. I just feel it was not real. that we never went to the moon. but at the end of the day, I can still prove we did. the rest was just angry project at the party that had literally no power the last 4 years. Trump was running everything with a majority for most of his tenure and it all still got worse. He could have done anything, but he failed at that also.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Skyblade12 Skyblade12

Bill Barr does protect the right by doing Donald Trump's bidding and protecting his false narratives, When Bill Barr had those protesters at the white house gassed and then lied about not knowing that tear gas is a chimerical agent banned by the Geneva convention. He showed the public he is willing to lie to carry out Trump's orders and cover for him. Bill Barr protected Trump's Rioters and Looters claim so they could try to make BLM and Anitfa terrorist groups.
These actions emboldened the Right Wing to believe that Bill Barr and Trump are on their side which they are.

Bill Barr has been eroding the DOJ ever since he stepped into office. He believes that the Executive branch is absolutely immune to accountability and consequence.

I never said the right is going to go away they are going to go back underground because they don't have Trump and Bill Barr to embolden them anymore. They can't be as openly clownish as they did during Trump's term. They will still be there they just won't have as much leeway as they did during the Trump years. Trump let the opportunistic and fringe elements of the Republican Party run amok without a care for four years. Without their golden calf those same people are going to have a difficult time cooing the Trump base to vote for them.

I use to be center Right I know how the right thinks. Its all about power for them. Their steadfast supporters are dying year by year. The electorate is changing. Americans are more open to socialist ideas now than in the past. Reaganism the tether that kept the GOP alive is weakening. No longer can they bank on small government, "Family Christian Values" especially after Covid where small businesses were slaughtered by the thousands by foreclosures yet Big Businesses got trillions in bail outs. So much for being pro small business.

I already know that Trump is merely a symptom of how backwards and outdated our political system is.

Globalism is a good thing, it brings more jobs to the economy. Trump killed many jobs with his trade war to save a few dead end jobs. Trump has a degree in Economics he should know that Automation was the death knell of the Automotive and steel workers. Automation is more cost effective and produces more goods than manual labor. But those machines need people to operate them, coders, electric and machine engineers to keep them running smoothly.

Trump should have been honest with blue collar workers that those jobs were not coming back and should have tried to lower the cost of tuition or invest in trade schools so those workers can find a new career. When I hear people complain about Globalism it tells me they don't have a good understanding of the business field. Or if you are a politician you manipulate workers who don't understand how business principles work into voting for you.

I took a lot of Business and marketing classes in HS so I have a personal loathing of Trump and the GOP's economic policies. They are just sleight of hand card tricks to fool the working class and appease their wealthy donors.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Dems are guilty too; as you say Alicorn Alicorn the whole system is broken. My personal solution has been to ride the wave and choose my investments wisely. It didn't start off great but these days my wife and I are truly blessed to have careers and generally upward trajectory.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Dems are guilty too; as you say Alicorn Alicorn the whole system is broken. My personal solution has been to ride the wave and choose my investments wisely. It didn't start off great but these days my wife and I are truly blessed to have careers and generally upward trajectory.
The reason why I'm not as hard on the Democrats because I see them actually willing to change not as fast as I would like but they are making changes. If they can win the Senate then they can pass the 400 plus bills that Mitch McConnel let languish in the Senate all these years.

Trump has been kind to those with stock portfolios, its a whistle to his donors to keep supporting him and spend money at his tacky resorts and golf courses. I sadly passed up the chance to take Accounting and Finance so I don't know much about economics out side of Business and Marketing, so I don't know much about investments. I mean I do know about Donors, capital, stock by back, bull market, bear markets and the like but not the hard numbers.

I hope you and your wife continue to prosper.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Economically Speaking Reaganomics or the ideology behind trickle down wealth boils down to spending your life in some form of debt or assistance program. That is unless you're stacking wads or camping in the wilderness. Those with loads of money got that money from old or new places. Old tends to be insanely huge at the serious level with billions in Cash Assets. So it falls to everyone even middle America to choose their spending. We'll see what this new government's idea of spending will be. Can't wait to shed that student loan I've been carrying for 20 years.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Reaganomics I use to believe in that but then came to the realization that it is nothing more than pretty words to make those in the Reagan era feel less like suckers by believing innocently that if the top one percent do well then it means America as a whole does well. Its that kind of thinking that drew me into the Right wing rabbit hole by appealing to my understanding of Business and Marketing principles. But I then learned that this system Reaganomics didn't make any sense; it was basically a charity. Billionaires and Millionaires could invest in communities and help them grew but that's if the Billionaire or Millionaire was generous enough to do such a thing thus making it a charity. Reaganomics is what is happening in China and we all know how shifty the China market is when it comes to foreign competition.

Reaganomics is a failure and Nancy Reagan should have been called out for pushing the idea to Reagan. Reaganomics its a nightmare to the working class because it widens the wealth gap, allows Businesses to dictate policies by lobbying politicians to support anti union and pro business policies. Have you ever wondered why despite all the complains businesses have with China the government doesn't do anything about it? Because Business lobby politicians to look the other way.

Red States are hit particular because of the low taxes thing. Low taxes mean less money for schools and social projects that can make those states better. But due to the red scare and gutting of America's safety nets with reckless tax cuts the people of those states have a harder time getting ahead. (Though oddly SSI is something that the GOP refuses to cut due it being popular with the Boomer Generation who also so happen to make up their most value voting block despite the fact that they are taking out more than they put in)

In the 80s Collage skyrocketed because some people in congress at the time believed that raising tuition would stimulate competition thus producing better students...boy were they wrong. Racism also played a role barring minorities from pursuing a higher education because as you said the Old money (cash from home equity) allowed families to afford to send their children to collage and university.

It is a very sick system built to keep wealthy people in power. But the good news is its changing people are a lot more aware of the wrongs in society than they were in the past. This is most likely due to Civics becoming more mainstream and the protest and Police Brutality hitting the news more. Civics is important to understanding how Government works and it should be a requirement for students to have if they want to Graduate High School.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just curious, what are the chances this situation could devolve into a civil war? I think the chances are slim and, if it does, it would be the far-right and far-left trading blows while the rest just watch. Still, as someone who doesn’t have a foot in either fight, it concerns me.

Im moving my family from Japan to America in April after successfully getting my wife’s immigration approved but I would rather not have to be dodging bullets after we arrive.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Just curious, what are the chances this situation could devolve into a civil war? I think the chances are slim and, if it does, it would be the far-right and far-left trading blows while the rest just watch. Still, as someone who doesn’t have a foot in either fight, it concerns me.

Im moving my family from Japan to America in April after successfully getting my wife’s immigration approved but I would rather not have to be dodging bullets after we arrive.
The chance is very low because many people don't have the nerve to pick up arms at the cost of losing not only their jobs but freedom. The far right and left won't really do it unless they have support which they most likely won't get. Though the ones who will act will be in too small a number to start a civil war.

If a Civil War does happen it would lead to the collapse of the South and American Conservatism. The amount of lives lost on the right will be difficult to replace because Not many people in the world believe in Reagan era conservatism anymore. Even the new Conservatives think that government should play a larger role in society. Long gone will be the days of "Drowning Government in the Bathtub."

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

Lol basically Republican models for the perfect society.

Oh yeah Skyblade12 Skyblade12 my fault I forgot about you but when I compare the US in metrics for advancement (which Reaganomics did and does provide for just not ideally) I am referring to the information gathered by social progress dot org.

Hmm I wonder how Hungary ranks in clean water... Heh it IS a haven for Republicans! Great everything except one step further. No weirdos allowed. And if you're unclear it's in their"Constitution."

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
As I've said many times before there will be no Civil War, coup, or other interesting event, and certainly not from something as lame as a culture war over an inherently rigged process to select the next oligarchic puppet. There was always going to be outbursts from fringe groups, but there is no actual movement towards an uprising. Conservatives have proven to be just as cucked as liberals in being an instrument of the oligarchy and they won't do much more than whine and posture the same as liberals did in 2016. The fact that the complaints are about the outcome and not the process itself shows that both sides still believe in the system. Something that isn't really conducive to a civil war or coup.

Those tend to happen when there is a major breakdown in the system. Something like a collapsing economy and a broken and apathetic government for instance. So it could still happen down the line, but it's not going to happen from Biden winning the election, which proves the system is working as intended, which is to keep the establishment in power.

On the subject of election rigging there seems to be a misunderstanding here. Elections in America aren't rigged by manipulating already submitted ballots, but by hampering the ability to submit those ballots in the first place. An example would be when the Democrats would deliberately reduce polling locations in Bernie friendly locations to force five hour lines and suppress the number of voters. That combined with other things like purging voters from the rolls for no reason and the usual media shenanigans tends to add up to just enough to sway otherwise close elections.

But the legitimacy of the establishment is dependent on the perceived legitimacy of the election process. They know that they have no real support among the public and that means they have to depend on the public's continued belief in the electoral process in order to maintain their power. So long as the public continues to believe in electoral politics, no matter how they may grumble and claim fraud, they will eventually have to accept the result. Otherwise, the establishment will have no ability to retain power.

And that's why, no matter how much effort they expend to rig the process otherwise, they won't touch the ballot totals themselves, as that would be tantamount to suicide. If the total numbers say Biden won then I have no reason to believe otherwise. And the proof of all of this is that despite claims that Russia rigged the election in 2016 Democrats still allowed the result and I don't see any reason to believe Republicans won't now either.

If you want to blame/praise anyone for Trump's defeat, blame/praise McConnell for tanking any sort of stimulus bill. Biden's ineptness allowed these margins to be so thin that Trump would have likely won had he got any stimulus passed. McConnell is too shrewd to not know what he was doing and likely stabbed Trump in the back as his buddy Biden is more conducive to his agenda whereas Trump keeps throwing a wrench in his plans and has outlived his usefulness after gifting McConnell a conservative majority in the Supreme Court.

TheNewbLu

Smash Rookie
:195::195::195: Politics on smash boards!? When did this happen? Hi all! Biden is a moderate republican who’s going to be president because he won the election. The gop is probably going to argue over its identity as you have the mitt Romney types and trump types who seem pretty incompatible. All this while the dnc tries to do what it can to suppress more left wingers like AOC from coming up through primaries and causing problems for dem leadership in Congress. This first 2 years is gonna be a big nothing, especially because Biden has already said he’s not going to do everything he can through executive order. The Georgia senate run offs matter to an extent but say the senate does get a democratic majority I still doubt we see votes on house legislation that was hyped up like $15 min wage, legal weed, etc. I’m pretty pessimistic about most politicians anymore they never do anything that helps people....unless big business gets a fat blank check. We got money one time but corporate America got to loot the treasury. I’m kind of just ranting in a pretty unfocused manner here sorry guys really I just wanted to say hiiii! I’m a 26 year old political science major seeing a politics thread on here was sicc.

TheNewbLu

Smash Rookie
Biden needs to fix the environment issues. If not, nothing will matter.
I mean at the very least it’ll be hard to do worse than Trump did! I’m expecting Biden to get back in the Paris climate accord and care more about the looks and aesthetics of that as opposed to actually doing something to help move us off of fossil fuels.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
It definitely starts with cleaner energy. Once you figure out how to cheaply and safely feed clothe and shelter your masses the rest is window dressing.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
As I've said many times before there will be no Civil War, coup, or other interesting event, and certainly not from something as lame as a culture war over an inherently rigged process to select the next oligarchic puppet. There was always going to be outbursts from fringe groups, but there is no actual movement towards an uprising. Conservatives have proven to be just as cucked as liberals in being an instrument of the oligarchy and they won't do much more than whine and posture the same as liberals did in 2016. The fact that the complaints are about the outcome and not the process itself shows that both sides still believe in the system. Something that isn't really conducive to a civil war or coup.

Those tend to happen when there is a major breakdown in the system. Something like a collapsing economy and a broken and apathetic government for instance. So it could still happen down the line, but it's not going to happen from Biden winning the election, which proves the system is working as intended, which is to keep the establishment in power.

On the subject of election rigging there seems to be a misunderstanding here. Elections in America aren't rigged by manipulating already submitted ballots, but by hampering the ability to submit those ballots in the first place. An example would be when the Democrats would deliberately reduce polling locations in Bernie friendly locations to force five hour lines and suppress the number of voters. That combined with other things like purging voters from the rolls for no reason and the usual media shenanigans tends to add up to just enough to sway otherwise close elections.

But the legitimacy of the establishment is dependent on the perceived legitimacy of the election process. They know that they have no real support among the public and that means they have to depend on the public's continued belief in the electoral process in order to maintain their power. So long as the public continues to believe in electoral politics, no matter how they may grumble and claim fraud, they will eventually have to accept the result. Otherwise, the establishment will have no ability to retain power.

And that's why, no matter how much effort they expend to rig the process otherwise, they won't touch the ballot totals themselves, as that would be tantamount to suicide. If the total numbers say Biden won then I have no reason to believe otherwise. And the proof of all of this is that despite claims that Russia rigged the election in 2016 Democrats still allowed the result and I don't see any reason to believe Republicans won't now either.

If you want to blame/praise anyone for Trump's defeat, blame/praise McConnell for tanking any sort of stimulus bill. Biden's ineptness allowed these margins to be so thin that Trump would have likely won had he got any stimulus passed. McConnell is too shrewd to not know what he was doing and likely stabbed Trump in the back as his buddy Biden is more conducive to his agenda whereas Trump keeps throwing a wrench in his plans and has outlived his usefulness after gifting McConnell a conservative majority in the Supreme Court.
I didn't hear anything about Democrats suppressing Bernie Sanders voters. Bernie Sanders brought into his own hype. A lot of those Bernie Sanders voters online were just actors meant to sow discord because Foreign adversaries know that Bernie Sanders was the weakest candidate. Bernie Sanders has great ideas but he sucks at promoting them. The thing you have to understand is conservatives have spent decades selling the narrative that Socialism = Communism. Boomers are scared stiff of Bernie Sanders so of course they would vote for Trump. The thought of sharing is just that toxic to them after years of believing a certain narrative.

You also have the Cuba and Venezuelan community that lived through a twisted version of socialism or heard of it from those who lived it. (Though a lot who fled were the wealthy middle and upper classes so they are more likely to be conservative). So Bernie Sanders was a shackle to Joe Biden in Florida, he didn't mean to but the association along with Trump's aggressive ground game in the Latinx community made Biden lose Florida

Power is being kept in place because of several elements, the EC, Gerrymandering, and the Senate.

The Electoral Collage gives Republicans a near monopoly on the Senate because low populated states are overrepresented. If the EC was repelled the Democrats would win most of the time due to the most populous states being Democratic. It would also force Conservative Red States to try to branch out because they would need to boost their population thus making them invest in the state to attract more people in stead of resting on their laurels and wither in complacency.

Gerrymandering gives Conservatives too much power, through packing and cracking making States seem redder than they actually are. I feel ashamed that such a scoundrel hailed from my home state of NC..,but hopefully Democrats get to redraw the maps this time. There have been attempts to ban Gerrymandering but it usually ends in a 5-to 4 decision. Conservatives know that Gerrymandering is what gives them power so of course the Conservatives on the court would keep an old relic.

The Senate is basically the fuset of the government. Water cannot flow if the fuset if its closed. So whenever I hear Kelly Loffler complain that the Democrats are holding up the relief It makes anyone me cringe because her party holds the majority in the Senate they are the ones strong arming government to appease their donors. Holding their heel on the throats of the American people for selfish reasons.

Also Racism: The people in power are able to dupe people into acting selfishly. You can see this play out when Trump was raving about the Caravan, his Muslim ban. He was using the fear of the outer group to force voters into submission. Trump is more on the nose with it older politicians used dog whistles. Reagan's "Welfare Queens" nonsense was an excuse he made up to get people to act selfish and vote against social welfare. Not understanding that back in the 40s when the GI bill was ratified people were able to go to school thus being able to generate wealth for the nation. Social programs actually benefiting America as a whole. But time and again "Poor people" are seen as a blight upon society not an investment.

TheNewbLu

Smash Rookie
I didn't hear anything about Democrats suppressing Bernie Sanders voters. Bernie Sanders brought into his own hype. A lot of those Bernie Sanders voters online were just actors meant to sow discord because Foreign adversaries know that Bernie Sanders was the weakest candidate. Bernie Sanders has great ideas but he sucks at promoting them. The thing you have to understand is conservatives have spent decades selling the narrative that Socialism = Communism. Boomers are scared stiff of Bernie Sanders so of course they would vote for Trump. The thought of sharing is just that toxic to them after years of believing a certain narrative.

You also have the Cuba and Venezuelan community that lived through a twisted version of socialism or heard of it from those who lived it. (Though a lot who fled were the wealthy middle and upper classes so they are more likely to be conservative). So Bernie Sanders was a shackle to Joe Biden in Florida, he didn't mean to but the association along with Trump's aggressive ground game in the Latinx community made Biden lose Florida

Power is being kept in place because of several elements, the EC, Gerrymandering, and the Senate.

The Electoral Collage gives Republicans a near monopoly on the Senate because low populated states are overrepresented. If the EC was repelled the Democrats would win most of the time due to the most populous states being Democratic. It would also force Conservative Red States to try to branch out because they would need to boost their population thus making them invest in the state to attract more people in stead of resting on their laurels and wither in complacency.

Gerrymandering gives Conservatives too much power, through packing and cracking making States seem redder than they actually are. I feel ashamed that such a scoundrel hailed from my home state of NC..,but hopefully Democrats get to redraw the maps this time. There have been attempts to ban Gerrymandering but it usually ends in a 5-to 4 decision. Conservatives know that Gerrymandering is what gives them power so of course the Conservatives on the court would keep an old relic.

The Senate is basically the fuset of the government. Water cannot flow if the fuset if its closed. So whenever I hear Kelly Loffler complain that the Democrats are holding up the relief It makes anyone me cringe because her party holds the majority in the Senate they are the ones strong arming government to appease their donors. Holding their heel on the throats of the American people for selfish reasons.

Also Racism: The people in power are able to dupe people into acting selfishly. You can see this play out when Trump was raving about the Caravan, his Muslim ban. He was using the fear of the outer group to force voters into submission. Trump is more on the nose with it older politicians used dog whistles. Reagan's "Welfare Queens" nonsense was an excuse he made up to get people to act selfish and vote against social welfare. Not understanding that back in the 40s when the GI bill was ratified people were able to go to school thus being able to generate wealth for the nation. Social programs actually benefiting America as a whole. But time and again "Poor people" are seen as a blight upon society not an investment.
Hey friend I take contention with Bernie being the weakest candidate of the primary . We got new reports out of Iowa that make that primary even more fishy than it looked at first site too. I’m at work rn but I’d love to talk to you more about this today :) too keep it short, the field narrowing the day before Super Tuesday was what did Bernie in, he was campaigning against a split field that consolidated instantly before he could do much about it. I have several problems with bernies campaign but too say he was the weakest candidate is just plainly false. I do tend to agree with you about most other stuff you said tho :p

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Bernie Sanders was the weakest because Trump and conservatives could easily rally support against him. There was a reason why Trump appeared sympatric to Bernie Sanders, Trump knew that Bernie Sanders divided the Democratic base 4 years ago and was trying to do the same this year. Trump knew Biden was the hardest one to take down because Biden has a strong support base and was a former VP in a two term administration. So Trump and his conservative allies tried to boost Bernie Sanders because of how controversial Bernie is. Also if Biden dropped dropped out Mike Bloomberg would have gotten the lion share of the votes. As you said when the field narrows Bernie loses showing how limited his reach is, moderates who want to beat Trump would vote for someone other than Bernie because they knew Bernie Sanders was going to have a hard time against Trump and the conservative media.

If Bernie won the democratic nominee Trump would have went full Red Scare McCarthyism on Sanders. Sanders would unwittingly fall for the bait because Bernie Sanders isn't one for soft words. Bernie says what he means and means what he says. Normally that is a good thing but again you are dealing with an electorate were the most active voting blog is Evangelical Christian Boomers. They drunk Reagan's Reagaism broth so Bernie Sanders scares them. The reason why the Boomer Generation is such a landmine is because Civics was put aside in the 70s and a greater empathize was put on Math and Science. Also it was easier to make a living back then with just a HS degree so many Boomers don't have a higher education so you have an electorate that doesn't know much about how government functions and are fed lies by politicians looking to score cheap political points. All of this combines in making it hard to sell socialism to them because you are asking a population to change a way they have been thinking for years.

It is humbling to speak with someone who majors in the field. I'm honored.

TheNewbLu

Smash Rookie
Alicorn Alicorn you ever hear trump being recorded behind closed doors talking about how he was glad about not having to run against Bernie? He fills stadiums and he backs all the most popular policies. Look at public opinion polling on m4a something like 80 percent of dems and even some republicans want m4a, even when you give it the bad big guberment framing!
Also that’s what they did to joe, who’s a moderate republican... full on socialist mcarthyism, hell there’s rebulicans who think Fox News is too liberal now! Crazy times! I’m not trying to say Bernie would of or could of done better I’m just saying that against the field he was far and away one of the stronger candidates running, people like Kamala Harris, Amy, and Pete weren’t going to do nearly as well as he would of.
Edit: it’s really not a big deal to be a poli sci major lol, just lots of reading about gov and understanding how statistics work.

Last edited:

TheNewbLu

Smash Rookie
I actually think Bernie could of clinched it ( the dem non) or at least done a little better but he wouldn’t go hard on joe, for fear of being blamed that him pointing out joes flawed was why he lost. Really if joe won, any dem probably would have, almost everyone I know that voted for him voted because the were tired of trumps diet fascism not because they were excited about joe. 2024 is gonna be wild really curious if they’re gonna let Kamala just take the nom or if we’re gonna see both parties run primaries.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Alicorn Alicorn you ever hear trump being recorded behind closed doors talking about how he was glad about not having to run against Bernie? He fills stadiums and he backs all the most popular policies. Look at public opinion polling on m4a something like 80 percent of dems and even some republicans want m4a, even when you give it the bad big guberment framing!
Also that’s what they did to joe, who’s a moderate republican... full on socialist mcarthyism, hell there’s rebulicans who think Fox News is too liberal now! Crazy times! I’m not trying to say Bernie would of or could of done better I’m just saying that against the field he was far and away one of the stronger candidates running, people like Kamala Harris, Amy, and Pete weren’t going to do nearly as well as he would of.
Edit: it’s really not a big deal to be a poli sci major lol, just lots of reading about gov and understanding how statistics work.
Bernie Sanders was deemed the easiest because he had too many weaknesses that could push indecisive voters to Trump's side. Not because they like Trump but because they like his policies (even though Trump's tax cuts are harming America). Its why Mitch McConnell went after the Green New Deal he knew voters weren't read it so he would cherry pick it to scare Fiscally Conservative voters. (Though these Fiscally Conservative voters said nothing when Trump ran up the debt with a dumb trade war which he started and a dumb Wall who's funders have been linked to embezzlement leading to arrests.)

As for Trump's comments behind closed doors, you have to understand Trump is very reactive his actions speak louder than his words. We know Trump fears Biden more because he went as far as getting impeached to take Biden out the race and refuses to accept that he lost the election to Joe Biden. Trump made fun of Bernie Sanders and even propped him up because Trump knew he could take Bernie.

I know a little of government from my Civics class, getting the highest grade in my Class period. But since you have a formal education in it. You have better insight on the subject than I do.

TheNewbLu

Smash Rookie
I know a little of government from my Civics class, getting the highest grade in my Class period. But since you have a formal education in it. You have better insight on the subject than I do.
please don't misunderstand I'm still in school 😅 anyways this was a good talk and I'm glad we can talk politics on here! I feel like we could keep going in circles so I'm gonna stop now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom