• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2010! The generation of the new Snake player.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Now that it's 2010....and everyone is probably sober.....and awake. I was wondering....
What is everyone's New year's resolution.....as a Snake Player?

Mine: To become better as a snake player (get better at anti-juggle) and keep up w/ school at the same time.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
well now that i switched my main to snake from wolf and the fact that my state has no snakes on our PR or are worth talking about for the most part i have to make his name a household one up here in the evergreen state, my plan: going to tournies and owning face with him

xMPDx

Smash Cadet
have a good placing a pound 4:) who knows maybe win;) lol just time will tell.

oh btw i've posted some videos at the snake video thread, i would like if you could see them, any advice is greately appreciate. thanks!

napZzz

Smash Hero
place better at out of state tourneys and go to more of them period. My placings at minnesota tournaments are extremely solid outside the very occasional slip up, but who's perfect. I wanna place high at something big that matters though : )

My new years resolution is to improve to become higher and TO BECOME THE BEST!

Unless I battle a guy that has a name called "nappy" or "ally", they would make the resolution of being the best hopeless since their too good. Lul

Nope, that's not all.

Also, I'm gonna start training on offensive/approach, but I'll still use defense/camping more

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
Improve fundamentals like di and powershielding and play in some tournys and try my best.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Tournament wise! I want to get better with both Snake and game and Watch. I hope to place well in tourneys as well! I'm sure it'll go well!

@Yume, d'aw! Really? What about the Brawl community? D: Although, I hope things go well for yah!

ErikG

Smash Ace
My problem with Masschusetts tourneys, they're all at the middle or east side of the state, starting at 9ish. I go to bed at about 4-6 in the morning. And my friend who would be my ride works until 7 in the morning.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
WOW! I think you should go to bed earlier....Erik. If I know a tourney is the next day I go to bed at 11. So I can get at least 9 hours of sleep if the tourney start at like 8:30ish. Cause you do know if you don't have enough sleep you will not be able to play well.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah I got wrecked at a tourney today, I need some major training from high level players before I can even think about placing well.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Nvm, I thought this was a snake player finder (title threw me off) cause I just made a player finder but for wi-fi :)

Wasn't there a player finder thread years ago???

Well it's about time we got a new one though I don't use wi-fi :p

ErikG

Smash Ace
My resolution is to learn how to ****ing d-throw techchase consistently.
Yell at them to do something. Find out if they're intimidated and do it, or instead will ignore it. Either way it narrows down their options, and yelling is always fun.

edit: I kept telling my friend that if he rolled behind me I would regrab or F-smash; he kept rolling behind me. The one time he didn't roll back I predicted it. I took a full stock from a D-throw tech chase into F-smash.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Like Goldenadept, I also recently switched my main from Snake to Wolf. I guess my New Year's Resolution is to learn all of the matchups with Snake and maybe get some more tournaments going in my hometown.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yell at them to do something. Find out if they're intimidated and do it, or instead will ignore it. Either way it narrows down their options, and yelling is always fun.

edit: I kept telling my friend that if he rolled behind me I would regrab or F-smash; he kept rolling behind me. The one time he didn't roll back I predicted it. I took a full stock from a D-throw tech chase into F-smash.
If your friend buffered the roll behind he can just powershield your f-smash, so it wont work.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Like Goldenadept, I also recently switched my main from Snake to Wolf. I guess my New Year's Resolution is to learn all of the matchups with Snake and maybe get some more tournaments going in my hometown.
muhahaha, i'm stealing all the wolf players XD its a great combo, i suggest some of the snake mains try alting wolf for a while, he's too rugged even for snake

RATED

Smash Lord
mine in smash : to improve with snake and since I am not going to Pound 4 then just try to win tourneys in PR( Puerto Rico ).

IRL: continue my studies , continue my " routine of fit" and get to know new people.

Top Bottom