• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20 New Fire Emblem Characters

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Hmmm, there aren’t enough Fire Emblem characters in Super Smash Bros. Let’s add how about, 20 new ones. Which ones would you pick?

1. Tiki: Tiki would be good as a semi echo of Corrin since they’re both Manakete. And by the way, I’m not just saying it because Tiki is an assist trophy. She would be more unique then Corrin though due to her lack of a sword. Speaking of assist trophies:

2. The Black Knight: Perhaps as an echo of Ike, I really was hoping for The Black Knight (I was joking about the not enough Fire Emblem characters, though). The Black Knight is definitely the best Fire Emblem villain by far and it’s really shocking how we haven’t got any villains yet. I was satisfied with his inclusion as an assist trophy.

3. Anna: Fire Emblem Heroes isn’t excluded as a game. I was hesitant to include her since Fire Emblem Heroes is an app and also non-canonical, but the reason I decided to is the fact that there is a FEH music track in the game. Anyways, she would be interesting due to her character, and something about seeing apps treated as real games just makes me excited for some reason. Weird, right?

4. Lyn: Of all the FE characters, Lyn is the most likely due to her placement on the popularity polls (even if I do think she overrated). While her assist trophy does use a sword, she is a bow fighter and that will probably carry over to her moveset, making her at least somewhat different then a sword fighter.

5. Barst: Barst carries short axes, which he could even throw similar to the Belmonts. It’s sure to be great at setting his character apart and will make for an interesting fighter. Gee, I sure do have a bland idea of interesting, don’t I?

6. Draug: Another older fighter, Draug is slow and heavy, which is a character type I generally prefer. Wow, I had no idea how long I made these descriptions until now.

7. Edelgard: If they ever make another Smash game, Edelgard will practically get in for sure. We gotta give representation to the new guy.

8. Eliwood: Eliwood is very closely related to Roy which could make him a semi echo, but if he does get in I’m hoping he’s carrying that huge sword he has. It could be practically buster sword size!

9. Jagen: What if we had a FE rep who rode on a horse while fighting in a battle against other Smash characters? It would be weird, huh? Fortunately weird is just what I want in Smash at this point.

10. Wrys: Another old man from an old game. I know I’m sorta going over board with Shadow Dragon characters, but Wrys really would be pretty fun due to the fact that he’s a cleric, and thus pretty much only a healer. And also, for the record I have so many Shadow Dragon characters because that’s the only FE game I played except Heroes. I would have a lot of Awakening characters if I had made the rational decision and bought it for 30 bucks at that expo. I love telling strangers about mistakes I made.

11. Hector: Hector may not do much to set himself apart from other characters, but his personality and fighting style is pretty great and I would love to see how he looksz

12. Peri: Yeah, it’s a pretty strange choice, but that hair with HD graphics is 95% why I decided to put her. Peri is obsessed with murder which would put her in a great psychopath competition with Villager. My moneys on Villager, though.

13. Fjorm: Another FEH rep, Fjorm could use ice attacks in her moveset similar to how Roy uses fire. She’s also debatably the main character in her game, and her style would translate quite nicely on the battlefield.

14. Saizo: Saizo is a ninja, stealth type but the thing about him is his anger. This would actually be kinda funny in fights, and I would just love to have a character in Smash fighting out of anger instead of just staying cool like most other characters.

15. Lilina: A heavy magic user, Lilina would be more interesting then Robin due to her lack of a sword and magic more focused on fire.

16. Young Roy: One Roy (and his best friend and his dad one AND other character with his exact moveset) isn’t enough! Roy’s our boy! Young Roy and One Roy, Try saying that five times fast! Anyways, similar to how there is a different younger Link from another game, Roy appears younger in other games which could make for interesting match ups.

17. Tharja: Like Lilina, Tharja really wouldn’t be seen using a sword without changing her drastically. She is a pure magic user, but unlike Lilina she uses dark magic which is would be a little odd during battle.

18. Man, I’m getting sick of thinking about so much Fire Emblem. I dunno, how about Seliph. That’s sure to not make memes about how every FE rep is similar to Marth.

19. Morgan: Morgan as an echo of Robin. Pretty much just black hair small Robin.

20. The owl from FEH.

Arrei

Smash Lord
-opens thread-

Whooo-WEE, that's a heck of an odor! I think you need to throw out this joke, it's been sitting around way too long!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I was afraid that the Fire Emblem general character support thread might devolve into a flame war once the virulent anti-FE portion of the fanbase caught wind of its existence. (I won't provide a link because the last thing I want to do is help them find it and start making a mess.) This thread, on the other hand... it's only a matter of time before it degenerates into a cesspool.

DynamicMoves

Smash Cadet
NNID
DynamicMovement
3DS FC
4485-0297-2818
Fire Emblem has a some great potential for echos. Or characters like Bowser Jr., getting 8 different characters into one slot.
That said, we have mostly all sword users. FE has used a weapon triangle for a long time, I think it would be nice to see some axe and spear representation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd literally just pick my twenty favorites that aren't already in. I already have my number one :ultchrom: and number five :ultmarth:. So 2-4 and 6-22 it is. :p

Virion
Celica
Merric
Caeda
Silque
Tobin
Frederick
Ogma
Hardin (either version is fine)
Tiki
Lena
Mae
Saber
Minerva
Julian
Cain
Palla
Valbar
Camus
Sumia

My highest-tier favorites come from Awakening, Shadows of Valentia, and the Archanea saga, so there's more than a bit of bias in that regard. For the record though, Hector, Pent, Gerik, and Yukimura almost made the cut.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Virgin "We didn't need a 10th Pokemon" vs. the Chad "We need way more FE characters"

Vic Viper [FR]

Smash Rookie
Fire Emblem in Smash has TONS of potential, but it's way underused.

We have Archers
Anima/Elemental Mages
Dark Mages
Light Mages
Bishops
Knights & Fighters/Warriors using axes
Soldiers & Halbardiers using lances
Cavaliers & Paladins using multiple physical weapons
Wyvern Riders & Pegasus Knights
Honking Dragons and furries Laguz/Beastmen
ETC. (Especially Tom Cruise)

And what do we get?
6 Sword lords (I'd count Corrin out if they had tried to put more emphasis on their dragon powers) including 2 echoes, and 1 Mage/Swordman hybrid (or Tactician).

Laaaaaame.

Celica could've been a perfect candidate for hybrid as well, with a different fighting style, and her remake was released barely a year and a half ago.
Hector is super popular and would've made a perfect axe guy.
Lyn, even if she uses a sword, would've been much more original than the others. Most popular FE character in the fandom.
Micaiah, light mage lord, she would've been perfect had she been there from Brawl.
Ephraim, cause Mary-Sue lance user.

That's only counting some of the main characters in modern Fire Emblem games, I would be totally down for characters like Soren, Jill, Professional Recruiter Shiida/Caeda, Daddy Fuga, hell even Azura, it would've been interesting to see how these characters would work in Smash.

I raged when I saw that Chrom got in, not only because I really dislike Awakening as a game, but by 2018-2019 and with 2 reps coming directly from that episode, we should've moved on from Awakening's overhype and exposure (Smash 4 was probably the only moment I would've accepted his inclusion), and he isn't even an original fighter, which could've been his only redeeming factor in my eyes! (then again, when in his own game he shares the exact fighting style as Lucina... it would've been hard for him not to be the echo of someone, although an echo of Roy was unexpected, Chrom should've straight up been an alternate skin of Lucina)

Last edited:

Nepht

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4207 3323 3722
I avoid permadeath games like FE but If you look at the Fire Emblem series there are a LOT of epic looking characters. The thing is when it comes to Smash the devs pick the most boring characters possible. Nintendo missed a trick here as putting some of the more oddball Fire Emblem characters into Smash might get more people curious about that franchise. Shoving nothing but blue haired sword wielders in are giving people the wrong idea about Fire Emblem.

FerrousFarron

Smash Cadet
Joke's been beaten into the ground to the point where we're now just punching the ground where it used to be before it withered away into dust, but...

None of the above.

Henry for Smash. Unironically.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I honestly wouldn't complain if Black Knight was added as an Ike echo and if they added a FE boss.

I'd be pissed though if they got any more unique fighters.

Vic Viper [FR]

Smash Rookie
I honestly wouldn't complain if Black Knight was added as an Ike echo and if they added a FE boss.

I'd be pissed though if they got any more unique fighters.
I'm very iffy on the idea of the Burger King being an Ike echo.

While they had the same master and swing their sword about the same way, Ike in his games is incredibly nimble (his criticals and Aether animations involve tons of unreal flippy stuff), while Burger King is a slow walking tank.

My bitchnerd sensors trigger whenever Burger King as an AT is able to jump.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened (they already nerfed Ike's nimbleness from his games), but within context of their games, I think BK would look very ridiculous pulling off double jumps & Aethers (which isn't one of his skills, it's Eclipse)

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Edelgard
Lyn
Anna (Bow Wielder)
Tiki
Azura
Camus
Caeda
Felicia
Ephraim
Micaiah
Hector
Black Knight
Alm
Celica
Sigurd
Seliph
Leif
Eliwood
Eirika
Itsuki

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Was this thread made just to spite me

Here goes:
Lyn
Celica
Edelgard
Hector
Black Knight
Alm
Caeda
Eliwood
Anna
Tiki
Azura(?)
Tharja
Camilla just to spite all of you

I can't think of anyone else.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The ****?

No Cordelia?

Preorder cancelled.

Troykv

Smash Master
Fire Emblem in Smash has TONS of potential, but it's way underused.

We have Archers
Anima/Elemental Mages
Dark Mages
Light Mages
Bishops
Knights & Fighters/Warriors using axes
Soldiers & Halbardiers using lances
Cavaliers & Paladins using multiple physical weapons
Wyvern Riders & Pegasus Knights
Honking Dragons and furries Laguz/Beastmen
ETC. (Especially Tom Cruise)

And what do we get?
6 Sword lords (I'd count Corrin out if they had tried to put more emphasis on their dragon powers) including 2 echoes, and 1 Mage/Swordman hybrid (or Tactician).

Laaaaaame.

Celica could've been a perfect candidate for hybrid as well, with a different fighting style, and her remake was released barely a year and a half ago.
Hector is super popular and would've made a perfect axe guy.
Lyn, even if she uses a sword, would've been much more original than the others. Most popular FE character in the fandom.
Micaiah, light mage lord, she would've been perfect had she been there from Brawl.
Ephraim, cause Mary-Sue lance user.

That's only counting some of the main characters in modern Fire Emblem games, I would be totally down for characters like Soren, Jill, Professional Recruiter Shiida/Caeda, Daddy Fuga, hell even Azura, it would've been interesting to see how these characters would work in Smash.

I raged when I saw that Chrom got in, not only because I really dislike Awakening as a game, but by 2018-2019 and with 2 reps coming directly from that episode, we should've moved on from Awakening's overhype and exposure (Smash 4 was probably the only moment I would've accepted his inclusion), and he isn't even an original fighter, which could've been his only redeeming factor in my eyes! (then again, when in his own game he shares the exact fighting style as Lucina... it would've been hard for him not to be the echo of someone, although an echo of Roy was unexpected, Chrom should've straight up been an alternate skin of Lucina)
Micaiah it would be so great!

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I'm very iffy on the idea of the Burger King being an Ike echo.

While they had the same master and swing their sword about the same way, Ike in his games is incredibly nimble (his criticals and Aether animations involve tons of unreal flippy stuff), while Burger King is a slow walking tank.

My bitchnerd sensors trigger whenever Burger King as an AT is able to jump.
>Black Knight was secretly the Burger King this whole time

headcanon accepted.

Lyn
Celica
Edelgard
Hector
Black Knight
Alm
Caeda
Eliwood
Anna
Tiki
Azura(?)
Tharja
Camilla just to spite all of you
Replace Tiki with Anna, Cordelia and/or Micaiah and this is 10/10 perfect list.

Also,

Camilla just to spite all of you except for @FirestormNeos who unironically wants that lady in smash for some bizarre ****ing reason
FTFY

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
20 Fire Emblem characters? This is actually quite easy.

1. Lyn. Due to her being the most obvious popular character missing. Her moveset writes itself, and she'd be a perfect fit for Smash.
2. Hector. Yes, the big powerhouse is also there. Ike has been sped up, so he can take the role of super tank of the Fire Emblem cast. Lots of super armor on his moves I would imagine, big hitboxes, bad recovery, kind of like Incineroar but with a disjoint.
3. Black Knight Zelgius. Complete with Zelgius as a alt, because why not. Errr, Hector isn't the only powerhouse now obviously. Uses some attacks from the AT, because yeah.
4. Alm. Because he would be easy to create out of his animations in Shadow of Valencia. Give him a tipper, just like Marth. We obviously need another Falchion boi.
5. Celica. Another mage, but she has Pichu-like gimmicks on her Magic attacks. Kind of a glass canon.
6. Takumi. Has a bow that can also be used close range. He would make the most sense as a archer type Fire Emblem character. So that's why he's there. He's also important in all the routes of Fates.
7. Azura. Graceful, featherweight, lance fighter. 'You are the ocean's gray waves...'
8. Anna. Primarily would use a axe, like in Heroes, but also Staves, and some random tomes. Would also use Robin's mechanic because she's always so involved with items.
9. Edelgard. Obligationary new character.
10. Tiki. Because she also has a AT and appears a lot in the franchise.
11. Pegasus Sisters; Palla, Catria & Est. Caeda is also a alt. Why? Because it would be crazy and unique.
12. Protagonist of Fire Emblem 3 Houses, that one mage-like tactican dude.
13. Seliph, who's more or less another Marth Echo.
14. Leif, who's more or less a Echo like Seliph
15. Tharja. A full mage character who doesn't uses swords. Magic attacks only.
16. Micaiah. A full blown mage character like Tharja, but focussed more on healing and buffing other fighters. Basically useless outside of Team Battles.
17. Sothe. The token thief character. He's there to celebrate Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn's remake of course.
18. Camilla. Because, well...
19. Eliwood. Cause am running out of legitimate ideas. Can use his horse for all I care. He's still gonna be terrible.
20. Caineghis. **** it all. He said in the ending of Radiant Dawn that he wanted to fight Ike, for fun. We never saw what happens, and wouldn't we all wanna play as a huge LION!? I would. No Incineroar doesn't count, that's a tiger bro.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
1. Lyn: speedy sword/bow
2. Hector: slow but powerful axe
3. Celica (Robin echo)
4. Black Knight (Ike semi-echo)
5. Tiki: promote her from AT
6. Anna: based on as mix of her playable appearances, so fights with lance, bow, and axe

With the obvious/most requested ones out of the way...

7. Micaiah: pure magic user
8. Ephraim: strong lance user
9. Takumi: pure archer
10. Azura: lance and water attacks
11. Caeda: somehow
12. Jaffar: ninja/assassin
13. Sothe (Jaffar echo)
14. Zephiel (Hector echo)
15. Lilina (Micaiah echo)
16. Ranulf: cat fighter
17. Naesala: raven fighter
18. Tibarn: hawk fighter
19. Arvis: armoured mage
20. Leif: rumour has it he was replaced by Roy in Melee; have him join with the Light Brand! (magical sword/long distance light attacks)

That was easy. Can I add 20 more?

FE is so badly represented in Smash. I would gladly cut some of the recent additions and replace them with anyone on this list.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I was afraid that the Fire Emblem general character support thread might devolve into a flame war once the virulent anti-FE portion of the fanbase caught wind of its existence. (I won't provide a link because the last thing I want to do is help them find it and start making a mess.) This thread, on the other hand... it's only a matter of time before it degenerates into a cesspool.
yeah I was pretty sure that's what I was getting myself into as well lol

Now on to taking this joke post seriously because I can probably come up with 20 FE characters I'd love to see!
  1. Black Knight as an Ike semi-clone
  2. Lyn
  3. Tiki, young and old as costumes
  4. Odin/Owain as a Robin echo
  5. Sothe
  6. Garon as a big axe wielder with partial transformations like Corrin
  7. Ranulf
  8. Anna
  9. Tibarn
  10. Rayson, could have a weird singing and transforming moveset
  11. Hector
  12. Leon
  13. Xander somehow using a horse
  14. Azura
  15. Ninian
  16. Veronica
  17. Ephraim
  18. Takumi
  19. Ashnard
  20. Arvis
No attempt at hiding my bias lol

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
1) Camilla (blatant bias)
2) Ephraim
3) Lyn
4) Takumi
5) Black Knight (Ike echo)

Hector could replace Camilla as an axe-wielder, but I think Camilla would break up the blue-haired monotony more. Tharja being like a more mage-like Robin would also be interesting, and Azura having water attacks is also something I wouldn't mind.

People I'd cut:
1) Chrom
2) Lucina
3) Corrin (replaced with Camilla for a Fates rep)
4) Maybe Roy.

I'm not too into Fire Emblem so I couldn't extend this out into 20, sorry.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
20 more FE characters for Smash? Sure...Though at that point you might as well just make it a Fire Emblem fighting game instead.

Serious Chance
  1. Anna
  2. Hector
  3. Azura
  4. Tiki
  5. Celica
  6. Alm
  7. Black Knight
  8. Camus
  9. Caeda
  10. Eirika
For Fun
  1. Owain
  2. Linde
  3. Reinhardt
  4. Takumi
  5. Xander
  6. Leo
  7. Elise
  8. Kaze
  9. Felicia
  10. Elincia

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Yeah and they should all have counters too. That's 2 things Smash doesn't have anywhere near enough of, Fire Emblem characters and counter moves.

KatKit

Smash Lord
1-19: Anna and 18 of her sisters (who are all named Anna).

20: The mysterious Hee-ho Mart shopkeeper from Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Easy.

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
With the addition of Chrom I'm 110% content with Fire Emblem's representation in Smash. That said, would love to see Hector get in, and thanks to his popularity from Heroes, he's got a better (albeit still very very slim) chance of getting in than a couple years ago.
Hector would:
A) be the first character in Smash to use an axe exclusively, setting himself apart from the much-bemoaned "anime swordman" archetype, especially with the Fire Emblem fighters
B) be slower and heavier than the other Fire Emblem swordsmen thanks to the size and weight of his axe Armads, and because of his heavy armor.
C) have an incredibly dope moveset thanks to the Armads's lightning powers. Some things I've thought of:
Neutral B: Charged Swing: Can be charged, swings Armads in an upward sweep that can be used to gain some height and a little bit of lateral movement in the air. Can recover out of it. Electric damage.
Side B: Distant Counter/Hand Axe: Throw Armads in a boomerang motion where it circles back to him. Weapon damage.
Up B: A whirlwind of axe swings around him, taking Hector not quite as high as Link's but not quite as far as Donkey Kong's. Somewhere in between the two.
Down B: To further differentiate him from his sword-wielding peers, no Counter move. Instead, smash Armads into the ground Thor-style and summon down a bolt of lightning. Like Pikachu's, except faster (instant lightning strike after startup animation) and no meteor effect.
Final Smash: Either just another Critical Hit (I would try to avoid another one of these, but I absolutely love his crit animation from the Gameboy, also used as his Legendary killing blow animation in Heroes), or Ally Support, where Eliwood or Lyn will appear (50/50 chance of either of them showing up) and they help Hector take down his enemy.

DLC package:
New Challenger: Hector (duh)
Stage: Dragon's Gate: the dull green, crumbling, underground ruins where the final chapter of Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade takes place. Parts of the map could fall away after being hit too many times, and the Fire Dragon could emerge from the gate in the background and breath fire at the fighters.
Music:
- Friendship and Adventure (Hector map theme). Faster-paced, electric-style remix.
- Light to Tomorrow (Finale theme, also the theme shared by the game's three protagonists Hector, Lyn, and Eliwood). Orchestral remix.
- Companions (Eliwood map theme 2). Orchestral remix.
- Softly With Grace (Four Fangs battle theme). Electric-style remix.
- Campaign of Fire (Fire Dragon final boss theme). Orchestral remix.

Spirits(?) Who knows if the DLC fighters will bring any Spirits with them? If they do, Hector would probably (of course) bring important characters from Blazing Blade:
Lloyd: Legend Primary. Undamaged boost.
Nergal: Legend Primary. Boosts power of shadow attacks (like Robin's Nosferatu and Ganondorf's attacks).
Linus: Ace Primary. Critical-health boost.
Ursula: Advanced Primary.
Jaffar: Ace Support. Critical Hit chance.
Nils: Ace Support. Reduced landing lag.
Uther: Advanced Support. Trade-off 30% boost.
The other 19? Uh... more main/important characters who don't use swords. Celica? Micaiah? Sothe? Ephraim? Lilina? Gharnef, just to throw a villain into the mix, with Nergal, Lyon, and Validar alternate costumes? Tiki? Nailah or Skrimir, cause a laguz fighter would be cool?
Okay, that's 13... uuuhmmm...
I'm opposed to Anna cause she's a cameo character, but the way the FE fanbase is going she's probably a popular pick
Alm as an echo of Chrom with tippers, just to see how much further we can take Marth's echo tree?
The Black Knight, cause he's actually pretty cool, even though he'd look a bit odd leaping around doing aerials in that bulky armor?
Athos is pretty neat and unique, I guess?
I like Zephiel...
Erm... Cain & Abel?

...Shanty Pete?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I feel im one of the few who unironically does not hate fire emblem as a whole and wants more fire emblem newcomers.
bow fighter for smash
You've bumped just about every thread relating to Fire Emblem. These opinions are outdated. Most are okay with a Three Houses newcomer right now honestly.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I think we should be getting a pokemon trainer style 3houses main character with the 3 lords and the main character himself all playable. With four complete movesets of course, for the price of one character. Anything less I would consider a personal affront from Sakurai.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think we should be getting a pokemon trainer style 3houses main character with the 3 lords and the main character himself all playable. With four complete movesets of course, for the price of one character. Anything less I would consider a personal affront from Sakurai.
That is still the time and resources of 3 characters...

It doesn't even make sense to begin with considering the 3 Houses lords never even cooperate to begin with.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
You've bumped just about every thread relating to Fire Emblem. These opinions are outdated. Most are okay with a Three Houses newcomer right now honestly.
Honsetly fair. I'm just hoping to see fire emblem discussion here that isn't toxic.

This is a really not making sense idea. Pokémon Trainer's switching out only works with a variety of franchises, and fire emblem is not one of them. I just can't picture it working.

Top Bottom