• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 poor for Genesis thread

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
So Genesis is this weekend and I'm sure it will be a success, but this thread is about all the broke mofos out there who won't be going. So share your story as to why you can't or choose not to go.

Edit:My reason for not going is that welp I had plan to go, but I had a surgery not to long ago that prevented me from working which cut into my funds plus summer classes just started for me which cut into more of my funds -_-.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i had to house sit for my sis/watch her 5 animals LOL

i was broke too but not i'm getting paid.... :)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
XIF SUCKS DAWG
lol jk <3
uhmm i can't travel across the country by myself
and i don't want to go with my mom + she probably wouldn't want to go either
i don't really wanna go with my dad either <_<

PB&J

Smash Hero
i love when people use poor with the internet at there hands..none of u are poor..u just dont have the money to go so stop saying it please

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
i love when people use poor with the internet at there hands..none of u are poor..u just dont have the money to go so stop saying it please
It's not like we're saying we need fvcking welfare. Just like we don't mean someone is actually forcing their ***** into our bootyholes when we say we are getting *****, it's an exaggeration to an actual problem.

Not all of us feel comfortable living off the benevolence of others.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I have no income, no insurance, less than a grand in the bank, and no place to live except my parents' house.

Maybe this will change in months to come, but yes, I'm actually poor.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
my reason is my mother simply hating the fact that i play video games....The fact that she lets me go to local tournies is a blessing from God...

vZakat

Half Genie
I have no income, no insurance, less than a grand in the bank, and no place to live except my parents' house.
That's pretty much me in a nutshell. I have other reasons too though. I'm saving up my money to buy a vibraphone. Oh yeah.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I was really baked and bought a ticket to Cambodia instead of California

-_______-
NEW best john in the thread.

I'm not going because I don't have any money in the bank. A grand would make me piss happiness.

And in the grand scheme of things, on an existential level, going is pointless.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I was visiting Alpha's folks.
Tell them to stop calling my folks for money XD.
how are you going to tell us if we poor or not?

I was really baked and bought a ticket to Cambodia instead of California

-_______-
new best john in thread LOL

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I didn't think it was worth the money.

But life also gave me like, three other reasons not to go, so I'll take those as signs

Top Bottom