• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.B.A. MASTER: The New PT Video Thread

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Playing CPUs does help some players. For me personally, I can't stand it. Doesn't really help me improve at all because CPUs don't fall for mindgames, which are a HUGE part of competitive Brawl.

I don't have a Wii to practice daily, so instead I watch videos on Youtube either of other players or myself. Every week I hold a fest at my apartment, and I record the majority of my singles matches. Then between then and the next fest, I rewatch all my videos at least once; for harder MUs I'm trying to work on, I watch the same video 5-10 times in a week and see what habits I have and how I can correct my mistakes. I find that studying makes perfect.

It really depends on the kind of player you are.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I have to agree with Zig, I hate playing Cpu's, if I'm playing CPu's it's against lv 3's because what those "niners" do, it random bs. They would powershield PERFECTLY and punish accordingly and then fall bait to an fully charged Fsmash, it doesn't help your competitve game, it only helps fighting them to learn the game to it's fullest capabilities.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
well which is why I felt that facing Luigi and Zelda would be of the most benefit. Those two are reliable for being downright aggressive, will be harder to beat if you are trying to develop yourself and they do help to improve your reaction times. Especially Luigi when he is pouring on his aerial hits and you are left wondering how he was able to pull all those hits off. Plus Luigi has some moves that will take you out of your own attack animations. Those will be some of the best teachers to you AI wise. The rest don't hold up like they do. Another one to try, but not as effective is Samus (not ZSS). The keep away game of Samus at level 9 can be a bit of benefit to you to learn.

T-block

B2B TST
Playing CPUs does help some players. For me personally, I can't stand it. Doesn't really help me improve at all because CPUs don't fall for mindgames, which are a HUGE part of competitive Brawl.
more like they fall for really dumb "mind"games lol

well which is why I felt that facing Luigi and Zelda would be of the most benefit. Those two are reliable for being downright aggressive, will be harder to beat if you are trying to develop yourself and they do help to improve your reaction times. Especially Luigi when he is pouring on his aerial hits and you are left wondering how he was able to pull all those hits off. Plus Luigi has some moves that will take you out of your own attack animations. Those will be some of the best teachers to you AI wise. The rest don't hold up like they do. Another one to try, but not as effective is Samus (not ZSS). The keep away game of Samus at level 9 can be a bit of benefit to you to learn.
i don't play cpu's a lot, but zelda being good at being aggressive seems off to me o.o

Rizen

Smash Legend
CPUs learn from matches. My CPU Link jab cancels and arrow locks. I only play CPUs to shake off the wifi lag feeling before offline play.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
more like they fall for really dumb "mind"games lol

i don't play cpu's a lot, but zelda being good at being aggressive seems off to me o.o
haha yeah Icy's CPU falls for a lot of stuff. The Zelda CPU on Level 9 is aggressive for a PT player. I don't know about the other characters, but she will do various tactics seen in human gameplay styles, and she will see some moves at times you try to do and cut you off. She cheats a little, so that helps the PT player learn some things about strategy.

Marth Farth and Bowser Ftilt beats all CPU's

Fair* not frath.

I mean Farth.

Not farth, Fair.
You may have a point, but I don't know as I don't practice Marth. I used to play him in the early days of Brawl back when I was experimenting around with characters before settling on PT.
CPUs learn from matches. My CPU Link jab cancels and arrow locks. I only play CPUs to shake off the wifi lag feeling before offline play.
yeah true it does learn. I have seen that happen with Luigi. After a certain number of wins, his tactics change.
Well the matches were interesting, but you played pretty well with Squirtle and Charizard. Didn't see much with Ivy. Your are forceful with Squirtle and try to keep the pressure on. I would just say keep at it, and make sure you keep a defense mind going. I am kind of offense oriented and tend to get a little beat up sometimes unless I slow it down some and play defense. I don't play a lot of Olimar players, but that one seems to have a few tricks. I know some of the other PT players will chip in on what advice they have. I can't offer much here.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I agree with the others, watch your squirtle's defensive game, you're always hunting, hunting, hunting. In this case I could say that it worked with you and against you, you had some great combo's while reading him but your over-aggresive costed you to be hit by several pikmin and then pivot grabbed which racks up a lot of damage.

For Ivy Sh razorleaf and spice your game up with bair.

Rizen

Smash Legend

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Oh, yeah--I didn't know he put those up. We didn't save many, as we played for the entire day. He just wanted footage for a combo video.

I remember doing well and doing not so well, hah. I hadn't practiced in a month, since I was seeing my lady friend for winter break, but I'm sure I did alright overall.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
ok, I won't cringe.
That's exactly what I thought after I looked at my sentence again, heh...

I loved your Ivy's edge game reflex, that was really awesome.
I think it's largely unexplored, and potentially something really good about Ivysaur. If I practiced it more often, I wouldn't get gimped for doing it as often--Between two spikes, two incredibly large aerials, and Up-B, Ivysaur has so much to offer in the way of offstage play. If I made a video, I'd like it to be about that.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I love edgehoggin people with a welll timed upB, besides that how do you reflex feel about playing on ps2? or any other pt for that matter.

( we need a proper stage topic)

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Apparently somebody on youtube loves the last battle, Imma watch from the start though :) Diddy is a difficult match up for me.

Edit: that last battle, that last kill.
So good :)
Props to player 1 with the creative up-b tactics, sexy counterpicks to play on to.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
apparently it turns out that bowser and metaknight were supposed to be switched on this here current tier list. so zigsta it appears you actually main the best char in the game!

no but seriously bowser's pretty sweet. i would love to play you sometime. u ever play any good pit mains?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
apparently it turns out that bowser and metaknight were supposed to be switched on this here current tier list. so zigsta it appears you actually main the best char in the game!

no but seriously bowser's pretty sweet. i would love to play you sometime. u ever play any good pit mains?
The only good Pit I've played is Esca, who is definitely legit.

I've beaten all the other Pits I've played fairly easily, which frankly shouldn't happen because Pit is a very, very annoying MU for Bowser.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well i wouldn't disapoint as im the one who discovered pits walking regrab on people and that his DACG done after 2 walkin regrabs allows him to cg bowser and dk up past 60% and it is completely inescapable. no jkin around. my cg thread is stickied in teh pit boards and ive got some sweet vids. want me to post a couple of the more epic ones so that you can judge my skill for urself?

also when esca is out of the hospital me and him are having a few matches to see whose pit gets to stay in these here parts or so he says lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, Esca did that to me, haha.

Honestly the damage from a CG isn't what's so bad about the MU--Bowser's got a lot of MUs where he tacks on 60%+ at the outset. What makes it a pain is that Pit's arrows easily eat Bowser's jumps offstage.

But I digress. This is the PT video thread. If you wanna discuss how amazing Bowser is, feel free to VM me.

Top Bottom