• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.B.A. MASTER: The New PT Video Thread

T-block

B2B TST
FFFFFFUU- who won frigate orpheon?

You seem to jab less with Squirtle than you used to, mostly against NL. Is that because you know NL knows how to SDI out of it, or is it a Diddy thing or what?

How does Waterfall interact with Diddy's up-b? If you're hogging the ledge and he's charging up-b below you, how would a ledgedrop up-b work?

What are your thoughts on Ivy vs. Diddy? If you were on a stage like Castle Siege (2 and 3), do you think you would have been more inclined to use Charizard?

8:07 was painful to watch lol

Why the f-smash at 11:26?

Do you ever try air dodging out of a Baton Pass?

Super entertaining though... when was this?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You seem to jab less with Squirtle than you used to, mostly against NL. Is that because you know NL knows how to SDI out of it, or is it a Diddy thing or what?

How does Waterfall interact with Diddy's up-b? If you're hogging the ledge and he's charging up-b below you, how would a ledgedrop up-b work?

What are your thoughts on Ivy vs. Diddy? If you were on a stage like Castle Siege (2 and 3), do you think you would have been more inclined to use Charizard?

Why the f-smash at 11:26?

Do you ever try air dodging out of a Baton Pass?

Super entertaining though... when was this?
In order--

Diddy Kong goes further than most characters from a grab-release, so that if he inputs even one bit of SDI back, he's out. A lot of people accidentally do this with Diddy.

I believe Waterfall would knock the barrels off of him, but any hits afterward would negate the "oh no, I'm falling" thing.

I don't think Ivysaur vs. Diddy Kong is so bad if you're especially patient. My Charizard is not so great, and I hate that matchup, so I doubt it; someone needs to show me how to use Charizard.

I'm starting to make use of timing the super armor on F-Smash more often, and it's surprising how often you can make it hit, especially since most people don't expect a Smash attack coming from Squirtle. Looking back, though, there were definitely better options, hah.

I really don't ever airdodge out of a Baton Pass, but I should do it more often.

These matches were from early October.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Afterwards, I think you need to use rock smash more with Charizard. Don't spam it but, you'd might want to use it more then 3 times over 6 battles. Still doesn't take away that you've done way better against those pro's then most of us can ever do.

T-block

B2B TST
Oh I meant just jabs in general, not just jab combo out of grab release. Although maybe I'm just crazy and it's not a significant difference. Good to know about Diddy though.

Yeah air dodge out of Baton Pass would have saved you from a couple of n-airs I think.

That definitely looked like Ally's first time playing against PT =P

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Yeah I was laughing at that too, I think it's because he was expecting a jab combo so he was trying to di to get out of it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro

Tesh

Smash Hero
Dang reflex , that set was amazing (even with the wrong commentary) against ICs. Squirtle just beating up little kids left and right. Makes me wanna use Squirtle alot more.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Reflex, is it just a habit of yours to DI Snake's uptilt forward instead of back?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The move sends you at about a 95-100 degree angle from the ground(towards Snake a little), so optimal DI is towards him as far as you can go.
Yes, I know.

If you mean why I DI away from Snake, yes, it's just a reflex.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Well here I have some videos of Friendlies to share with you critique them XD

Joker (Pokemon Trainer) Vs. Xel@ (Olimar)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HZ8_c9egR4

Joker (Pokemon Trainer) Vs. Xel@ (Olimar) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAe5J9JeFr0

Enjoy them
Alright, I'll try to give you some pointers. I've seen both good and bad things.

squirtle: I think this is your best pokemon, apart from the very obvious shell shifted Usmash it was pretty decent to watch, nice jabs and I like the pressure game. Tips: try to not go for the obvious usmash shellshift all the time, mix them up with the others and if you don't master them yet, please do so.

Ivysaur: A lot of dash attacks, I don't know how you manage to hit 3 in a row.
tips: change the Dash attack into a spaced bair, switch the standing still razor leafs with short hopped ones.

Charizard: Over the top aggresive, apparently the olimar didn't know how to punish Rock Smash, since you actually spammed it, I saw some nice jab/grabs in between the rock smashes. tips: try doing those things more and stop spamming rock smash.

femmetriforce

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'll try to give you some pointers. I've seen both good and bad things.

squirtle: I think this is your best pokemon, apart from the very obvious shell shifted Usmash it was pretty decent to watch, nice jabs and I like the pressure game. Tips: try to not go for the obvious usmash shellshift all the time, mix them up with the others and if you don't master them yet, please do so.

Ivysaur: A lot of dash attacks, I don't know how you manage to hit 3 in a row.
tips: change the Dash attack into a spaced bair, switch the standing still razor leafs with short hopped ones.

Charizard: Over the top aggresive, apparently the olimar didn't know how to punish Rock Smash, since you actually spammed it, I saw some nice jab/grabs in between the rock smashes. tips: try doing those things more and stop spamming rock smash.

Thanks for the comments, I'll upload more videos =D

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Heya Joker, I didn't know you played PT, too!

On a side note, I'll be updating this either this week or next week. Just waiting for school to clear up a bit.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Just saw your set with Ally, Reflex. I don't have much advice, save for this:

Be wary of attacking Snake when he's on a platform and you're at high percents. I know you're one to take risks, but in my mind, going for an aerial on a platform against Snake when Squirtle's over 100% means you're gonna get uptilted, especially if Snake powershields your hit. You died twice on Frigate to this and once on Smashville.

I say this because your Squirtle in general did a GREAT job of pressuring Snake. It really sucked to see him get KO'd by a simple tilt after all that hard work. :(

Just something to bear in mind. :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Just saw your set with Ally, Reflex. I don\'t have much advice, save for this:

Be wary of attacking Snake when he\'s on a platform and you\'re at high percents. I know you\'re one to take risks, but in my mind, going for an aerial on a platform against Snake when Squirtle\'s over 100% means you\'re gonna get uptilted, especially if Snake powershields your hit. You died twice on Frigate to this and once on Smashville.

I say this because your Squirtle in general did a GREAT job of pressuring Snake. It really sucked to see him get KO\'d by a simple tilt after all that hard work. :(

Just something to bear in mind. :)
Yeah; I kept cursing the dumb mistake every time it happened. \"Am I just going to keep letting him do that?\"

I do need to watch out for that. I just get a little overzealous sometimes.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
reflex do you use zard usmash out of shield often?
I\'ve been using U-Smash more in general lately; it\'s a solid out-of-shield option, and it\'s good straight out of a dash, since many people will just try to grab you first if you grab often, so it\'s a nice mix-up.

Top Bottom