• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.B.A. MASTER: The New PT Video Thread

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
tyrant doesnt care what people on the internet think about him lol

he wins

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You're fullhopping around way too much, most noticeably with Ivysaur. Double jumping onstage is the last thing you want to do with Ivysaur, as if you get knocked offstage, you'll want that second jump to aid your recovery. Ivysaur also has a very slow jump speed. You're better off not performing empty jumps onstage.

Overall, your playstyle confuses me. You play very passively, yet you're not trying to run the timer and camp.

Squirtle needs more ftilt and jabs on the ground.

Ivysaur needs more shorthopped bairs.

Charizard needs more Rock Smash.

Don't jump into your opponent when they're holding up their shield. Around 3:15 of the second match, your Squirtle fairs Kirby, only to get grabbed.

Your Squirtle needs more shellshifting to make him unpredictable. As of now, you laregly use empty fullhops to attempt to keep your Squirtle unpredictable.

Don't get greedy and go for an upair against Kirby when you're near the upper blastzone. You'll get Stoned every time, as you did in match 2. Just play it safe and maintain your lead.

Take more care covering Charizard's blindspot: directly beneath him. You lost almost your entire stock in match 2 because you weren't able to get off the platforms above Kirby.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
You're fullhopping around way too much, most noticeably with Ivysaur. Double jumping onstage is the last thing you want to do with Ivysaur, as if you get knocked offstage, you'll want that second jump to aid your recovery. Ivysaur also has a very slow jump speed. You're better off not performing empty jumps onstage.

Overall, your playstyle confuses me. You play very passively, yet you're not trying to run the timer and camp.

Squirtle needs more ftilt and jabs on the ground.

Ivysaur needs more shorthopped bairs.

Charizard needs more Rock Smash.

Don't jump into your opponent when they're holding up their shield. Around 3:15 of the second match, your Squirtle fairs Kirby, only to get grabbed.

Your Squirtle needs more shellshifting to make him unpredictable. As of now, you laregly use empty fullhops to attempt to keep your Squirtle unpredictable.

Don't get greedy and go for an upair against Kirby when you're near the upper blastzone. You'll get Stoned every time, as you did in match 2. Just play it safe and maintain your lead.

Take more care covering Charizard's blindspot: directly beneath him. You lost almost your entire stock in match 2 because you weren't able to get off the platforms above Kirby.
Thank you for the advice. I haven't played Brawl for so long, I nearly forgot all the things I was suppose to do in the match.

Do you think I should FastFall more often?

When you mean I play "passively", do you mean I play defensivly? As for Charizard, your saying I should Dair when I'm on the platform?

Also, where did you find match 2?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Thank you for the advice. I haven't played Brawl for so long, I nearly forgot all the things I was suppose to do in the match.

Do you think I should FastFall more often?

When you mean I play "passively", do you mean I play defensivly? As for Charizard, your saying I should Dair when I'm on the platform?

Also, where did you find match 2?
You should definitely fastfall more often. Right now, your movements are just too slow.

When I mean you play passively, I mean you're not being aggressive. That said, you're not playing defensive, either, because your opponent is easily hitting you.

As for Charizard, dairing every now and then as a mixup is good, but your main priority is to just get off that platform as fast as possible.

Match 2's the second half of your Youtube link.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
lol

you really like to fsmash :3
I remember us playing and me being like "Roll? No, that's not Fortress!" and typh always hating PS1's lips.

We laughed at the end of pretty much every match, haha.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Hey, total noob here. Could you tell me why, in the first video you didn't kill squirtle with your side b at like 20 seconds or so? Was it because they were friendlies?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hey, total noob here. Could you tell me why, in the first video you didn't kill squirtle with your side b at like 20 seconds or so? Was it because they were friendlies?
Whatever player has the lower percent has the most control over the DI of Bowser's Klaw. So in this case, I had roughly 70% more than typh's Squirtle, do he had the most control over where Bowser would land. He picked the stage, haha.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
i thought bowser has an advantage over PT? =P
Pssssh, these are just friendlies. :p

We had longer and less silly matches, but we didn't have the infinite replay code to save them. XD

The 5 PT ditto matches are being uploaded to Youtube now. They should be ready between 5 and 6 hours.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i know it's just friendlies

but i don't think i've ever seen anyone squirtle juggle quite as well as typh does

Top Bottom