• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.B.A. MASTER: The New PT Video Thread

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Thanks alot kith man....honestly I know watergun camping is the answer, your right though I get very impatient with squirtle just knowing the arsenal and speed I have. I have to listen to mata too because he's right I need to air dodge and jump more to get around nades. The biggest prob was these are sets from 3:45 am so I wasn't the most awake but no johns.

Also thanks for all the knowledge about snake on the edge kith man I always grab him next to the edge and think I can just grab release -> jab and smack him before he does anything but jump -> air dodge wins overall so an empty short hop to see what he does is a really good answer. I guess zard can do the same thing here to, but overall my zard has done pretty well against ryko I just have to watch out for d-throw tech **** and all the traps.

Overall Im working on Ivy but its been one of the hardest things I've encountered in my entire smash history, I know Ivy is good but god-**** man its such a task at playing Ivy correctly. Either way thanks Mata and Kith I think in a few more friendlies with ryko I can start winning the sets overall.

Kith

Smash Ace
Just try to think about the patience thing more than anything. If you ask Mata, he'll probably tell you Charizard is better. I'd say Squirtle is :-P. It doesn't matter who you're more comfortable with, all that matters is you get that patience down. I've really felt like I've overcome this huge plateau I've been at for a while now, just because I started playing a lot more patiently.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Just try to think about the patience thing more than anything. If you ask Mata, he'll probably tell you Charizard is better. I'd say Squirtle is :-P. It doesn't matter who you're more comfortable with, all that matters is you get that patience down. I've really felt like I've overcome this huge plateau I've been at for a while now, just because I started playing a lot more patiently.
Yea kith man I deffinitly hear you I feel like I have deffinitly come of a plateau too of just my noobish tendencies. Im finally noting what I'm doing wrong and Im actually taking advice because I need it.

Im really really comfortable with squirtle just not with camping so I have to get better at that. My aggro and combos I have down it's just my defensive point of view that needs alot of work. I need to learn when to approach, when not to, seeing patterns and overall breaking a player down.

Im getting charizard down the most though and I feel like he's been my motivator. I make alot of good decisions with him. I actually took Lain's snake to last stock because of my grab release mind games. I read him so hard that he actually ended up making a comment to me about how well I read him.

Overall I think you and mata are both right though, Squirtle and Zard can really handle snake. Its just more or less snake being such a high tier character that makes it seem otherwise. Zard is mainly at a disadvantage because of the limited options out of D-throw. Squirtle really is the best starter here because his only problem is his weight which you can get around as a player with watergun camping and good DI. Squirtle does better than Zard but zard lives longer so overall its more opinion based as to who to start with.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
exactly what kith said, doesn't matter who you choose charizard or squirtle :p its all about playing smart.

Yeah with charizard you really gotta be patient and not run in expecting to get a grab off or you'll get pivot grabbed. use your jumps wisely with him pushing the nades away with flamethrower. he wont motorslide into that. once you're in close predict his ftilts and grab him. and then when you grab him near the edge fthrow him to get him out more horizontal and start to attack then.

even when he's above the stage you have multiple jumps so use your up airs to keep him at a defense. You can usually grab them when they are falling because mostly all snakes will pull the grenade and switch the other direction.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Alrighty, I've taken control of this thread. Expect a massive rehaul of the OP within the week.

T-block

B2B TST
yo vic

why do you keep creepin' on my boards

<3

edit: btw, i didn't intend to keep my vid there lol... i was thinking we actually use the hall of fame and do something like the PTBR with a featured video once in a while

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I figured I'd get some help with my PT since I need it. Dunno if it's one of my best matches, but it was one of the few I was able to save the replay of. I apologize for the quality.

It's a WiFi match between myself and Allied. He can vouch for it, because I know you can't see the tags, but obviously he's Luigi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJa8Qba69kU

T-block

B2B TST
That was pretty good man. I think the Luigi could have played it a little better, but it's kay. I liked that your Squirtle was pretty patient in the beginning... maybe getting a little too aggressive towards the end of his time, but I guess it did get you the kill. By the time you got that kill you were already at full fatigue though, so there wasn't all that much pressure to get the kill. Just something to think about.

Good call switching to Ivysaur when you did. As for Charizard, don't use d-throw. It only does 6% total, and the knockback at low percents isn't useful for anything. D-throw should only be used to KO at 180+%, or to knock them far enough away to switch (like...80+%).

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
That was pretty good man. I think the Luigi could have played it a little better, but it's kay. I liked that your Squirtle was pretty patient in the beginning... maybe getting a little too aggressive towards the end of his time, but I guess it did get you the kill. By the time you got that kill you were already at full fatigue though, so there wasn't all that much pressure to get the kill. Just something to think about.

Good call switching to Ivysaur when you did. As for Charizard, don't use d-throw. It only does 6% total, and the knockback at low percents isn't useful for anything. D-throw should only be used to KO at 180+%, or to knock them far enough away to switch (like...80+%).
Thanks!

I feel like my Squirtle was a bit slow throughout the match. I guess I got aggressive just to switch it up since I was playing a tad defensively earlier and because he seems to get a bit more close, combat wise, because he wanted to get the kill, too.

The Ivysaur call ended up working out better than I thought. I was hoping to do a bit more damage and allow Squirtle to recover more in case Charizard didn't work out, but still, just the switch in general was beneficial. Glad you pointed that out.

I've always used the d-throw for Charizard because I've tried to follow up d-throw with Rock Smash or F-Air, even his dash attack, but see what you mean.

Again, thanks again for the comments.

T-block

B2B TST
B-throw/f-throw tend to set up for moves better than d-throw. Even u-throw works better if your opponent's character is susceptible to juggling. There really isn't much reason to use d-throw outside of high percent KOs and to get the switch.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
B-throw/f-throw tend to set up for moves better than d-throw. Even u-throw works better if your opponent's character is susceptible to juggling. There really isn't much reason to use d-throw outside of high percent KOs and to get the switch.
Alrighty, sounds good. Maybe I just liked the novelty of breathing fire on a pinned opponent as a big dragon thing, lol.

But seriously, that's good to know. I'll try it out.

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
Hey, I had a huge family emergency that caused me to disappear from the interwebs for a bit. I have returned to my video thread to see that the author has been changed to a moderator (although the posts are all in my exact words) and my video post somehow got deleted due to the switch.

Soo....not only did my vids get screwed but my posts are gone too, with not credit to me for setting this up (even though the main thread post is still my exact code and my exact words).

I understand switching the authors - that is a logical decision especially due to my absence, but could you at least credit me in the original post for setting this up (since you are still using my format)? And, as soon as I get all my videos posted again (since you guys deleted them by switching authors) could I please have my link fixed in the main post? =D

Thanks!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hey, I had a huge family emergency that caused me to disappear from the interwebs for a bit. I have returned to my video thread to see that the author has been changed to a moderator (although the posts are all in my exact words) and my video post somehow got deleted due to the switch.

Soo....not only did my vids get screwed but my posts are gone too, with not credit to me for setting this up (even though the main thread post is still my exact code and my exact words).

I understand switching the authors - that is a logical decision especially due to my absence, but could you at least credit me in the original post for setting this up (since you are still using my format)? And, as soon as I get all my videos posted again (since you guys deleted them by switching authors) could I please have my link fixed in the main post? =D

Thanks!
Scroll down a bit--you'll still find your videos. If some of the links aren't working, I'll fix it soon. I have a film project I'm working on for the next few days, so I haven't been able to get to it yet.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
good stuff magik. you rolled a lot, i'm surprised ally didn't take advantage of it as well as he could have.

i would have liked to see you two play on a neutral.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Magik, you airdodged way too much early on, and Ally started punishing with nairs. But you did a good job of realizing your habits and correcting them. Very nice use of Zero Switching.

bigman40

Smash Master
Reflex from HERB 3. Took a while for VGBC to start doing brawl, but w/e. The vids saved on the wii aren't done either. There should be a crapload of matches on that Wii.

Loser's Finals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn6IcpZjVl0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vD3od_5KbA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fM3_fnvbM4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsZ7bm8Q-jo

Grand Finals (Set I)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3SNmCTGzu0

Grand Finals (Set II)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inJmru2pF9Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DChlXBJkSxQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx8tEay3JF0

~Mieu

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
nice reflex, i think you had a lot of missed opportunities for ledge grabs.. you got up early get ups and let them come back on.

rocksmash more!!!!

but i enjoyed them very much. lots of nairs :)

Kith

Smash Ace
I saw Reflex playing today, and I've come to the conclusion that his Ivysaur's vines are longer than mine. O.o

Asa

Smash Hero
Reflex gives his ivysaur high-quality pokéblocks to increase vine length

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
consider this:

no fatigue squirtle is banned from tournament play

not even MK can claim that

it really does depress me though when i play as solo squirtle...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
like, before the game came out i was pretty anxious about how good squirtle would be, and he IS really good...but people can just plank/run away/whatever so it doesn't even matter D: when people say "man, if you could only play squirtle in tournament" i'm like ":[". oh well, train ivysaur and charizard!

Kith

Smash Ace
Lol I'm a fool! After watching some of Reflex's videos I just came to the realization that his vines aren't really longer than mines...he dash grabs! He dash grabs a lot more than I do out of shield. I usually shield something, and drop shield and grab (and miss)....my god the most simple things sometimes don't even occur to me -.-

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I got a whole lotta friendlies in with the Olimar main from Austin a few weeks ago. We lost track of time and played doubles till midnight and realized we hadn't gotten any singles matches recorded, so you'll see me do some dumb stuff due to becoming increasingly tired, haha.

vs. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar) 1

vs. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar) 2

vs. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar) 3

vs. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar) 4

vs. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar)5

vs. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar) 6

vs. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar) 7

vs. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar) 8

vs. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar) 9

vs. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar) 10

vs. SkyPirateCoud (Olimar) 11

I'll make a post today containing all my videos and clean up the OP a bit. Gotta write some cover letters first.

Buuda

Smash Apprentice
Me.

VS DLA (Ganon) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXT9pOjzpHo <-- Old and I roll and spot-dodge WAYY too much. Still, I beat DLA, lol. I dun care if he's Ganon, I think he's f'ing incredible.

VS Sponge (Lucas):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3I9dbmU8gI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkfM1-PYWEU

VS Shawreck (Luigi):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phwq3mY2-qM

VS KenniSPAM (Ness):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jMhcSTkxp0

(gotta get moar replays. And better ones. lol. I'd say The one with DLA is most entertaining. And the ones VS Sponge because of all the Water Gun shenanigans. XD)

Check out dis spams Flaco:
VS KenniSPAM (being cocky thinking he can win as CF lol) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHp_bBibM44

Top Bottom