• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.B.A. MASTER: The New PT Video Thread

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Ok guys gotta man up and apologize for not updating this since I gained control of it, but the etags in this have me baffled and I do not fully know how to update this. I will be asking zigsta and making sure that I figure out how to update this. Reflex, T-block, or anyone else who knows etags or w.e you call the commands within posting if you free please lemme know so I can get this updated.

Also there are gonna be about 5 replays of me up soon I hope everyone can critique me on because I deff need some critiques along with some kind of material for you guys to see what I am working with!!

They will be Me playing against Raptor, Jash, and Chibo.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm almost never on AIM because I don't like getting stuck my computer. If you see my on SWF, tell me to get on AIM.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I'll take a look at a few matches today since I have some time and I deff will critique you, but in this case if your playing against ADHD you may also want some input from T-block since he's a Diddy major :p

CoonTail

Smash Lord
KITH WTF WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!!!

<3 x 90000000000000000000000000000

YO EVERYONE GET OVER HERE KITH CAME BACK FROM MOUNT SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Damn kith watching those old vid's started a spree for me but really good stuff pissing MVD off that much LOL.

I would love to provide some critiques but the vids are old LOL.

Once I get my replays up I hope I get some Kith critiques!!!

Kith

Smash Ace
Damn kith watching those old vid's started a spree for me but really good stuff pissing MVD off that much LOL.

I would love to provide some critiques but the vids are old LOL.

Once I get my replays up I hope I get some Kith critiques!!!
I just got myself hyped by watching those vids lol. Those were pretty old videos even at the time when I disappeared though. I like to think I'm a little more patient than I was back then. I still believe that once Snake is off the ledge though (with water gun), Squirtle can cover damn near all of his options just by jumping and waiting to see what he does.

I'd love to critique your vids. Let me know when they're up!

Edit: Also, CoonTail, do you mind putting up my tutorial vids on the main page? I think they're relatively useful and I want to encourage people to use hydro-shenanigans

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
****, you're not bad. Most things I say would fall under that category of, 'you already know that', or, 'That's obvious'. Nice last stock as Charizard. I was about to say something about gimping Yoshi but then I remembered his up-b has lift in this game lol. I really like the switches btw.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Nice PT!

Some advices (you can consider them or not) :
- @1:50 : Wow that switch was risky! I'm not sure you wanted to switch but the Yoshi should've killed you.
- @2:00 : Razor Leaf would've secured the ledge for your Vine Whip. Use RL a lot when recovering, it really really helps.
- @3:05 : You should've stayed Charizard to tank the stock. Squirtle is just too weak at medium-high %.

And I think that's all.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
That Myo I have to agree 1:50 was risky but the thing is I wanted to show this to see if this is true because if we can down b out of yoshi CG to get to Ivy, then we have a way to escape being 0-death as squirtle.

I wanted to razor leaf but I made a mistake in paying attention to my second jump, I usually like to d-air first then use my second jump but I messed upa and paid for it.

Your right squirtle does die at mid to high % rather easy but I got lucky early in the match with ghost platforms preventing the 0 to death, so I wanted to make sure that last stock I used to Ivy to Zard battery to prevent an early loss.

I like the critiques thus far, cmon guys I know a few more of you still have critiques!!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Well no it's not a matter of that we have invincibility frames on the down b so the difference is his grab will never connect if we can down b. If we jab whether or not it is frame one grab armor will still net yoshi the grab and the grab release.

T-block

B2B TST
Don't hydrograb gimp Yoshi. He tends to footstool you way more often than you footstool him for some reason.

That down-b only works because of the slope. I do it a lot accidentally at lower percents if I try to mash out of the grab =(

You fish so hard as Charizard lol

2:55 should have been OoS b-air =)

d-throw won't kill yoshi until like... 170 =(

**** f-smash at the end though <3

CoonTail

Smash Lord
^this

All taken note of and like I said T the whole matched seemed really frantic but Imma work on it.

Hydrogimp totally doesn't work so thats good to know.

Glad you liked the F-smash at the end I thought that whole stock was pretty sexy :)

Myollnir

Smash Ace
I can't understand how you "break" your grab while hydrograbbing. I do it once by accident but I don't know exactly how.
Can someone explain me? :)

@**** : You should keep DThrow fresh for the kill with Charizard. There is no reason to use it before except if you wanna switch : no true combos after, and it only deals 6%.

Btw, I'm going to a tournament on October 22th/23th. I think I'll use PT as often as my ICs.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeWkQ9Ge_QQ&list=PL645DBD4A2AA27C35&index=12

This is actually somewhat recent ha. I think all my vids besides this are from 09. I went dair crazy for some reason in the second match.

the beginning of this matches went well ha. to bad i can't be charizard forever :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBi5Yi1vvBE&feature=related

random doubles...

SO FUN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANs8Tg514UM&feature=related

Second match is beast mode.. 3rd match is lack of stage picking experience ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYGFiaDV1ak&feature=related

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Why would you start Squirtle against DK? He does the worst in the MU out of the 3, and starting Squirtle just puts you the farthest away from Charizard.

I also wouldn't recommend GRing DK.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Ok zig I hear ya but honestly I didn't see it in the matchup. Care to expand on that short post?
In my experience, Charizard's always done the most work against DK. Back when I played PT, the Charizard-DK MU was literally my favorite MU in the game. I mean, you almost reverse 3 stocked Will with Charizard ALONE game 3. I haven't played PT seriously in forever, so I'd get bodied by like every character in the game, but the Charizard-DK MU's pretty easy.

Squirtle gets outranged pretty hard by DK, and messing up can really cost you. His fast tilts also pose a problem for shellshifting. Charizard's heaviness lets him live much longer if you mess up against DK.

And I wouldn't recommend GRing DK because his jab comes out fast. Bowsers don't even GR DK because of his jab.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
In my experience, Charizard's always done the most work against DK. Back when I played PT, the Charizard-DK MU was literally my favorite MU in the game. I mean, you almost reverse 3 stocked Will with Charizard ALONE game 3. I haven't played PT seriously in forever, so I'd get bodied by like every character in the game, but the Charizard-DK MU's pretty easy.

Squirtle gets outranged pretty hard by DK, and messing up can really cost you. His fast tilts also pose a problem for shellshifting. Charizard's heaviness lets him live much longer if you mess up against DK.

And I wouldn't recommend GRing DK because his jab comes out fast. Bowsers don't even GR DK because of his jab.
Yea the whole Zard Dk MU is pretty silly, so word thanks for the advice Zig.

As far as squirtle goes though I found 3 things
1) Frame 1 jab beats DK jab everytime so I dont mind GR'in DK since DI'ing back out of jab combo is much hard for him.
2) Hydroplaning aint great unless it's a slight mixup but reverse shift's bait the crap outta DK, also hydrograbs are fast enough to really throw DK off when mixed in.
3) The bottom of squirtle's D-air hitbox(AKA the turtle tail/****) beats out DK's Up-b as long as only the tail enters DK's Up-B

So I hear you about squirtle having a rough time with DK but I don't think it's that aweful. Outside of some bad choices and spacing I did pretty well against will with him outside of Game 2 LOL.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, Squirtle's jab comes out faster than DK's, but if shields the second or third jab, Squirtle gets grabbed. I personally prefered upthrowing and juggling DK over the chance of him shielding the jab.

DK doesn't take a dump on Squirtle, but Charizard just does SO well in this MU that Squirtle pales in comparison.

Top Bottom