• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2/11/06 Orlando FL SSBM Tourney

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
hmmmm..i haven't posted in a while so i'm am posting something. i dont know what i am posting but i am posting......yeah...er...ok. ummmm............well yeah it would be awesome if sfl came to cfl. that would just make the pot to go up and there would be just more friendlies and matches and garbage like that.

completely and utterly off topic: how do you cross out the words like that???

-hiroshi

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys a few updates. Sorry for not getting this to you all sooner.

The tourney will be starting at 5:30 pm this time instead of 1pm like last time. We have been asked to hold the finals for another console event for Xbox on the same date, which will occur earlier in the day. Also some of the players requested it to be held later in the day, so I think this will work out.

The admission will be $15 just like last time.

I am still working on the prize distribution, I haven't gotten everyone in management to agree on whats going on yet,

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Well if i speed enough I can be ontime for this lol. I am going to do everything i can to make it to the tourny. Course I will be rusty and feel stupid for loosing when i shouldnt (peaches i should beat. glares at GA peach) . Anyway I am glad it got moved back I just hope to God my mom is cool with me leaving the minute i walk in the door.

DooDah333

Banned via Administration
yea ill come and whoop some orlando booty but hey mwar could u post who all is coming? and is there a door fee besides the 15 dollar tourney fee

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
DooDah said:
nvm i am not going........50% of the pot?!!!!!!!???? wf?!?!?!?!? thats so un l33t.... thats why u charge a door fee people
They are charging door fee.

Door fee: $7.50

Tournament entry fee: $7.50

heh heh. If you live anywhere around here, you should come. Good Smash. I guarantee it.

***EDIT***
Oh, and sweet on the time. I'll definitely see you guys some time before then. Are you going to be able to hook Smash up before then, like @ 3:30???
If not, I guess we could all crash somebody's house before the tourney...

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
you guys are all more than welcome to come to my place. i have a pretty decently sized t.v. in my game room and could hook up one or two more. I live about 15 minutes from U.C.F. and you guys could come here and play as early as 2-3 p.m. i'm almost 100% sure my parents will be cool with it but i just gotta make sure first. let me know what you guys think.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
If I can manage to get off work and my buddy gets off too, you can expect 2 or 3 more from melbourne :)

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Here's the complete info:

http://www.gigabitslan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=53&Itemid=2

I am not sure when the prior tournament will be over. It is supposed to be over by 5, so I am not sure the availability of practice before 5.

For those of you that don't know at GIGABITS we have 3 real sweet HDTVs that we will be holding the tournament on.

Also since I have already made the February date how about a team tournament in February?

-edit-
-I have added both events to the calendar-

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Mwarhead said:
Here's the complete info:

http://www.gigabitslan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=53&Itemid=2

I am not sure when the prior tournament will be over. It is supposed to be over by 5, so I am not sure the availability of practice before 5.

For those of you that don't know at GIGABITS we have 3 real sweet HDTVs that we will be holding the tournament on.

Also since I have already made the February date how about a team tournament in February?

-edit-
-I have added both events to the calendar-
Do they allow people to get close to the TVs? cause I kinda have bad eye sight :p

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
GodMeowMix said:
Do they allow people to get close to the TVs? cause I kinda have bad eye sight :p
Wasn't expecting that to be a question. I guess that depends on how close, you can sit fairly close. BUT Not so close your obstructing your opponents view.

--------------------------------

BTW if you guys need to contact me or GIGABITS for some reason you can send me an email at crippey@gigabitslan.com iGames is a membership organziation for lan centers they hold tournaments and ladders that unite lan centers and use the power of over 600 lan centers to help lan centers get discounts on software licensing (we can't just install normal copies of most pc games) and for mutual gain purposes.

derf

Smash Ace
dang yo, you only have 3 tvs for smash? can we bring some more? ive got like 2 in my car that haven't moved in a month

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
derf said:
dang yo, you only have 3 tvs for smash? can we bring some more? ive got like 2 in my car that haven't moved in a month
3 Nice HDTVs ;)

Thats what we held the last one on and it was fine. We also have a LCD TV, but becuase of the hassle of hooking anything to it we don't generally like using it. Plus most gamers don't want anything to do with LCD or Plasma screens and gaming because of their lower response time then their CRT counterparts (loved watching a 46 inch plasma screen ghost playing Halo at Best Buy, thats a real strong selling feature :laugh: ) We will see what the turnout is.

derf

Smash Ace
im sorry, but what i meant was that more free play is always better because it gives people an opportunity to stay warmed up throughout the tournament and gives people who have been eliminated something to do.

in kissimmee a couple of weeks ago they had 4 tvs for 25 people and it was a struggle to get warm-up matches in. besides, smashers are more than accustomed to carrying tvs and cubes with them, so it wouldnt be too much of a problem from the supply end...specifically, as i said i would be willing to bring 2 tvs/cubes and would take responsibility for them (i cant imagine anyone stealing a tv)

what do you think? would that be ok?

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
derf said:
im sorry, but what i meant was that more free play is always better because it gives people an opportunity to stay warmed up throughout the tournament and gives people who have been eliminated something to do.

in kissimmee a couple of weeks ago they had 4 tvs for 25 people and it was a struggle to get warm-up matches in. besides, smashers are more than accustomed to carrying tvs and cubes with them, so it wouldnt be too much of a problem from the supply end...specifically, as i said i would be willing to bring 2 tvs/cubes and would take responsibility for them (i cant imagine anyone stealing a tv)

what do you think? would that be ok?
We will have to figure out a place to put them, but I think it will be allright.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
woot, its about 90% gauranteed that 2 peeps from melbourne will be there. Expect to see ness, y. link, and IC's at this tourney ya'll :)

EDIT:Actually make that 3 or 4 people

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
hiroshi, we got back from paws at 4:00. 12:00 shouldn't be an excuse.

Icy's gonna be there anyways. Glad to hear youre coming though. Look forward to playing you guys and having you remember a few of CFL names after the tourney hopefully.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Angry I saw you play husband at MLG ORLANDO. Ness will be there in part lol. Look out exarch and I might have to have a team battle with someone just so we can unload our new team.!!! Anyway I just hope I am playing well.

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
co, ive heard about this new team, and ill take it on with brandon"aka linkslayer" if he goes (hed better, cuz hes prolly better than me now). this is gonna be a fun tournament, so everyone should go.

p.s. im taking money matches if anyones up to it

derf

Smash Ace
mwarhead: thankyou. thats very accomodating of you. will you be running the tournament as well? if not, could you pass on the tv request?

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunetly like last time I will be unable to actually hold the tournament myself.

Last time I had to run an event with iGames and this time I am forced out of town, so the same guy as last time will be running it- My coworker and GIGABIT's Local Tournament host Neil.

I will chat with him before the tourney.

exarch

doot doot doot
HYPE

hey, i should be in gville the day beforehand. Derf, can you give me a ride down there? I think i can help with gas.
SOOO broke... don't worry bout me though, christmas in two tourneys. Oh yeah and we need to get this whole presmashfest thing down. Ppl from melbourne want the 1337 CFL friendlies.

Edit: DF if you give me 25 cents, i'll mm you for a quarter.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Exarch r u crazy why not $20. I would MM him if he lets me borrow $20. Why stop there. DF if we are playing you and brandon we might have to stay old school team. COG FTW.

exarch

doot doot doot
I didn't ask for a ride back...

Wheres the HYPE yo?

Im guessing we pull 20 or more for this tournament. HYPE THIS ISH UP!!
Goin for a count:
Me, Co, Derf, Hozart, DF, Kenny, Brandon, Fenrir, Fenrir friend, Uuaa, Hiroshi, Vericz, Meowmix, Capehater, Melbourne(4), Random others who haven't posted??
So thats 18+random others. Lookin to be a good size tourney.

mwarhead: next tourney you should do round robins for seeding. that would be sweet.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
So there isnt going to be a round robin it sounds like...is there going to be double elimination?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Exarch: Call me. Sometime before the tourney would be preferable. heh heh.

DF: I will so take all j00r money!!!!!!!!!!!!! I challenge you to a 1 cent money match!!!! Marth ditto. Can you handle the fear of being beaten by your own character???? If not, then I'll take Link, or Falco, or Fox, or the fury!!!! SHEIK!!!!!! You up to it?
(Yeah, ignore my sig for this one. I mean, it's a penny. I really don't have moral issues about gambling a penny...)roflol

Anybody else for a 1 cent MM? I will completely wreck you for a penny. Pretty good deal, if you ask me...

*EDIT*

On a side note, this is the last time I'll be posting here before the tourney. I won't be on the net until the new year, so c ya guys there.

Exarch: I need you to call me if something changes, or if we're gonna have a Smashfest, or anything else. Basically, just call me before the tourney, ok? We'll check up then.

C ya guys. Merry Christmas.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
do you have to be signed up on that registration page to participate? or can i just show up and register?

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
meleeguy!!!!! i accept your challenge!!!!!!!! one whole penny!!! lmao

capehater-last time, u were aloud to sign up at the tourney, so i dont think u have to sign up in advance.

zoro-where do u live?

money match list:
angrylobster-$5
angrys friend-$5
exarch-quarter
meleeguy-A WHOLE PENNY

anyone else wanna money match????

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Angry I would be willing to go MM $5 but only if I have the money and it will have to be after the tourny. I will be getting there like right at the start of the tourny. Plus I dont know how I feel with a MM if we play during the tourny...I havent done a MM so I always am hezitant. Anyway if we do I am thinking best of 3 MLG rules.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
oh yeah, df. If its possible, melbourne had another change of plans and if you guys are still willing could we get housing on friday? My friend is getting off so we'll all be able to make it on friday w00t :p

exarch

doot doot doot
6 oclock on friday is the earliest i think...might not even start at 6, but yeah 6oclock is the earliest... DF is the one who can say otherwise--if its otherwise. But yes I do believe we have housing for melbourne for friday, DF can verify that too though.

I'll be leaving for home soon... means I'll be online a lot less.

Top Bottom