• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2/11/06 Orlando FL SSBM Tourney

Mav

Furries For The Win
hey everyone, check out my tourney. There's a link to it just above my sig. There's gonna be a big turnout, big pot, and some of the best Smashers FL has to offer.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah! and a crew battle

C.FL. VS. .................wait.....

Never mind the crew battle thing...

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Unless something weird happens, I will be there.

Andrew might come as well. PWN u with his Pichu funkiness. lol

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
exarch said:
haha, crew battles it is! Derf Exarch DF and Fenrir and who else on others !!!
Wait.....who else is there???

That's pretty much the entire C FL group...

I guess that works, though. lol. Automatic win.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Dangman this will the be exact day I get back to Jville. I wouldnt be able to drive there fast enough. I thitnk the earliest I could get on the road is 2pm. IT would have been dope.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
hey mwarhead I don't see a time for this thing to start. so when does it start?

and co; forget jax, go straight to orlando, then drive me back to gville you know you've got a place to stay at my house. !!!!!TEAM TOURNEY BIATCH!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and all you CFL guys, we gotz to get together over the break b/c co is gonna be back in town. this includes orlando gville and the surrounding cities. all of you have to play his elite samus, fenrir's leet fox, my 1337 peach, and DF's "one three three seven" marth. (id include you other good cfl smashers but idk how else to type 1337. XD--you know who you are)

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I would skip jax but i dont think the pilot would take me straight to orlando. I think the ealiest I could be there is like 430.

derf

Smash Ace
yes i vote for massive smashfest over break. from what ive read, there are some players popping up in jacksonville. crew battles? i dont know where we could hold a big fest yet but everybody keep an eye out!

dark, roy ditto rematch? i havent practiced him in months so you know he'll be fresh

exarch

doot doot doot
lol pilot, right airplane... anyways this conversation was easier over aim...
mwarhead: is there any way you can move the tourney time to accomodate(sp) co_and_me? could you have the tourney start at 4:30/5:00? if not its cool.

Anyways to all you peeps that are gonna be there; you guys better hang around the tourney site till co_and_me arrives so we can get some good friendlies in(not with just him; but everyone in general). everyone ran off after the last tourney, and i didn't get to play a lot of you; so you have to stay and show off your skillz to all these other CFL smashers. I am talking specifically DF and crew (kenny, we'll be able to smash at your place afterward right?) meleeguy, derf, hozart, uuaa and pplz, and im sure Ive forgotten a few.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
just because i can and because i haven't been mentioned here in awhile......woot woot dec. 17th!!!!!!!!!hype hype!!!!!! but yeah the our crew will probably be there again (me, uuaa, vericz; well actually vericz is probably going to new york that day)

-hiroshi

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
YEA crew battle! me vs. the rest of central FL! Lets go! lol j/k

but anyway, yes, there will be a smash fest at kennys place again. so everyone be there!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Any word on when this thing starts???

Come on, Falchion, surely you can walk over and ask them, right???

Let me know.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
offtopic: where's the p.a.w.s 1 thread i can't find it and want to know the results? thanks. :)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
^^^^Look in "Tournaments Discussion" instead of "Regional Zones"^^^^
Once you're there, it's pretty easy to see...

I just looked and saw that the start time for the last SSBM tourney was 1. I'm assuming that this one will start at the same time.

Listen, Exarch, Falchion, everybody else. I will be there (unless something changes...) as close to then as I can. I can't leave Lakeland until 11:30 due to other obligations.
I might be running somewhat late getting there...it all depends on the interstate traffic, but I am coming. Please try to get them to hold the tourney a little bit if I'm not there right at 1.

I don't really expect this to be a problem as tourneys usually start a bit late, anyway...I'm just letting you guys know.

It looks like Andrew is coming with me...I still have to talk to him...

Anyway, just an update.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Altough I havent been training as much as I have when I heard about this tournament I'm still hype about it, and I hope my father will still drive me there like he promised he would, really this is just some kinda test for me, I just wanna have a real great time with whoever is going and just chill. Hope to see lots of you there. :p

co_and_me

Smash Lord
true good call derf. Anyway yeah fred and other cfl I was really thinking hard about hosting either a smash fest or maybe atourny. I havent said anything to mom yet but once we get moved into our new house there it should be a good enough sixe to accomodate a tourny. Anyway I know there are guys in jax that would prolly go. Also gville is like 2 hours away which isnt bad if u ask me. anyway I should be coming to this tourny after its over.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Sweet. Looking forward to seeing your Samus. Exarch really talks you up.

Exarch: wat?!?1? j00 think j00r ic's can ko mah 1337 focks??? breeng it awn, n00b!!! i taek j00 down ode-skool, boi. i am teh roxorz!!1!!!11!!!!

Ho-hum. Somebody really does need to bring a vcr. I might try to bring one, but I doubt I'll be able to......

I'd like to get some vids of myself and the rest of CFL....start making combo vids.....become famous....sounds cool.

exarch

doot doot doot
ROFLMAO!!

oh mang too good... naw actually i realized in miami that i will never be able to beat gay good foxes as peach... so icy's it is!!! (fenrir, your fox is not gay)

I don't have access to a VCR around here... someone else has gotta step it up.
co_ you know we'd come.

EDIT: (had to shower) N0 wai mang j00r fockz kann0t b33t mi Isea's!!!!oneoneone j00r fockszcs w1ll b3 pwn3d bi mi ICYSORZ!!!!shift capslockonehundredeleven[/smack]

but seriously I need fox experience at the tourney, so friendlies with all foxes!

EDIT 2: for the record: CFL SMACK talk>>>>>>>>>>>>SFL CACA talk

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm wondering if I should be offended or not....

You crossed out gay, and put good, and then you said my Fox wasn't gay................
So is that really saying my Fox isn't good??????

I've gotten better. Actually. I've been really working my skiddlz for a while now after taking a break from Smash. Looking forward to this one; I'm playing pretty well right now.

soooooooooo, j00r ics will take a b'ting like they ain't never had before. You feel lucky, punk N00B?!?!??!??

c ya later.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
yeah lol exarch might have talked me up too much. I kinda prefer my name not exist much before a tourny then people know me after I win. Seeing how i am not going to this tourny i guess it doesnt matter for friendlies. but seriously though I just hope I dont disapoint my self. I have gotten a little better but not much in the technical samus. Mind games up a little. Consistancy is way down though. I dont play with many good players her and i feel its made me worse.

Mav

Furries For The Win
What's up guys. Here's the downlow for this tourney. SFL is considering going to this. A few questions have to be answered ASAP.

1. How many people are showing up.
2. How much is the entry fee.
3. Singles and Teams?

Again, the sooner the better. Some of SFL has shown interest in this tourney, and have invited me along for the ride. I personally wanna know if we stan to make a profit if we go.

exarch

doot doot doot
No you don't stand to make a profit because y'all wont win!!!!!!

It would be awesome to have you. But Based on precedent from last time:
Last time it was an even 16 man tournament. don't expect anything special yet, there was no seedings last time. we might lose a few people from the last tourney (assuming they don't want to be clobbered again, although some will be joining the smash scene im sure.) I know Melbourne has talked about coming to this. IDK how much we might pull... but i think the pot could reach $1300 pretty easily (BURRRRRNNNNNN)
Tourney is $15 to enter, winnings divided 1st 40%, 2nd 10% (other 50% goes to gigabits, yes lame, but CFL will take what it can get) there's also other prizes for 3rd.--sixteen man tourney last time, I netted $81 bux with a first place. So now you must ask yourself: do we go for the smash or the money?
no teams last time, but if theres enough interest im sure mwarhead would let them happen

Meh Im just playin with you mav, no hard feelings mang.

derf

Smash Ace
oh i didn't know you could cross words out this is so cool. i can say evil things and people would never be the wiser.. bwahahahahahha.....

Exarch does not smell like butterflies!!!!! bwahahahaha

edit: sorry, im a ******

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Maverick: Like Exarch said, it really comes down to if you want money, or good smash...
We are turning this into an all-day thing last I heard. Lots of friendlies, etc.
There is some money to be made, but not sure how much....

derf

Smash Ace
I emailed them asking them to hold a team tournament, but apparently the email address listed on their site is for the parent company and i got a reply saying contact the local whatchamajig. I somehow doubt i could be persuasive enough over the phone....

Any ideas? Dark, any chance of you walking on over there?

exarch

doot doot doot
Fenrir: I was unspecific. There's a difference between good gay foxes and good foxes. It all depends on how much the fox camps. You, Lumbro, Rockcrock and Noucles (and a few others) have good un-gay foxes.

Yeah this thing will probably start a few hours before the tournament actually starts (like usual.) However, people are going to be staying afterwards at Gigabits, then the party is gonna move to someone's house in the area, (when there's enough left to fit into one house.)

Top Bottom