• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**2/07 UPDATE AGAIN LAWL** Dogy Videos - Comment/Suggest/Insult Me. (seriously)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Rules are still the same, come comment, suggest things, laugh at me (seriously, i wont get mad, i make some garbage moves).

**Update**

So yeah, i wonder if people still care about melee anymore. XD I've updated this page like, 3 times since the last time i posted an update; so there are a slew of new videos up. Most of me going to jx31's house and playing him.

So feel free to look around and laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Dogysamich

There ya go, and you can go watch them at your own leisure.

I think im only going to update this page with tourney matches
>.>

**double update, oh snaps**

So iori finally rendered his tape from like, last month i think.

And he basically sat around scrubbin people all day with his mew2.

Yup, i got some too. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPSPzNwqP2Q&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vzqif_Wr6g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBA7et0mKnk

-laughs-

PB&J

Smash Hero
i already seen every video except for the ones with u and alpha and i will say ur getting better and better each match

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Haha, just finished watching your videos. Very sexy. I really enjoyed the doubles matches. All my commentary, as usual, is posted on the videos. I did less critquing and more just enjoying the videos ^_^

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Hey man--I just watched your duel with Laijin on battlefield--Eeyah, that was some nice maneuvering! I've gotta say you've got some of the nicest spacing and movement of any Doc. I've seen.. and i really sympathize with the whole crazy young link combo thing; my main practice partner plays a psychotic young link and does the same thing to me. You handled it really well though, and i've gotta tell you im really impressed. Good stuff! One thing i would like to see more of is use of the jab and F-tilt for starting up combos or stopping his.

Gea

Smash Master
Alright, I really enjoy your Doc (it actually is about on par with mine, just a few differences here and there).

Two things I noticed from watching a few matches:

1. You fair a bit *too* much. Especially from the ledge. Sometimes it really pays off but in certain matchups you can get your *** handed to you for it. (basically if you get hit out of the ledgehop you're almost always dead. :< )

2. GREAT use of ftilt to edgeguard. I also loved your WDes out of a shield and your jab game.

3. However... you need to get a bit better at jab -> grabs. Sometimes you gotta jab twice so they get sucked in close enough. You had real problems with your grab game in general (not grabbing enough) and plenty of whiffed grabs you got punished for.

4. Well.. uairs. First off if you are on a stage like Yoshi's story (any 3 platformed stage) try shuffling under them instead of fulljumping them. Your foot will hit on the platform without exposing the rest of you. Actually to me it looks like you use the control stick to shffl aerials. Well I do too. However, its still possible to do falling/rising uairs and they can really be useful. The spacing is kind of strange for falling ones but I'd suggest trying to practice putting some more into your game.

5. Be a bit more agressive in edgeguarding. Relying on the cape can suck sometimes. Try to use some more bairs and edgehog to force high recoveries. Also the fsmash can be very useful sometimes, don't forget about it.

Hmm... other than that... looked pretty **** good.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Annnnnnd, your b-air edgeguarding on the final destination one was -awesome-. So BOB$ style. Incredibly well done.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
vs Menthol on pkmn stadium

right then. I think your approach game is very good. WD forward to jab combo for instance was put to good use. I think you could have bair edgegaurded more though. Against Marth it's easy if you jump out for it. Perhaps more bairs in general would have helped on the stage. shbair - dj bair is good against marth and shbawds. Uair approaches and edgeguarding would have helped as well. Overall though: very good I give it a 8/10. Marth hurts :(

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
I just say use your pills more, you hardly pill at all. And instead of punch to down smash try punch and grab then you can make more combos out of that. D-air is also good to grab out of.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
flipin **** that Y. Link spamed like no other!11111!!!!! :mad:
Oh well, nice Doc. You had that 2nd match just made some HUGE mistakes at the end.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i pretty much agree with Gea, as far as advice can go...
more importantly though, you have a really awesome doc. You have great spacing, a great shieldgame (loves those sex kick counter attacks bustin' out) good pill usage, u use all his move really well, nice recovery, etc, etc, etc.

i like ur solid play style against marth. the falco could have given you more trouble if he was a little more technical, but X2X is deffinately pretty pro.
Samus in general is an annoying fight against doc. I think you were a little too aggressive against her..techincally you could make her come to you, if u wanted since u have pills and cape...or at least force her off the defense a little. You Jab-D.smash-attempted her alot too, which got you D.smashed instead. only real suggestion i'd have is to just shield when u get in close...samuses tend to d.smash out of habit if your patient, then you can wd grab.
But all that "critisism" is just be being anal, u really do have one of the best doc's i've seen on this board. =)

Edit: ****..that young link is a beast. nice comeback on FD...but young on battlefield is def a hard matchup..his pixie jumps and projectiles rly dominate on that level..soon as i saw it appear from the random i said "...ew"

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
First and foremost, thanks for the compliments. Im probably not gunna talk about alot of them, cause I like discussing comments (They help everybody, ya know?)

_______

Alright, I really enjoy your Doc (it actually is about on par with mine, just a few differences here and there).

Two things I noticed from watching a few matches:

1. You fair a bit *too* much. Especially from the ledge. Sometimes it really pays off but in certain matchups you can get your *** handed to you for it. (basically if you get hit out of the ledgehop you're almost always dead. :< )

3. However... you need to get a bit better at jab -> grabs. Sometimes you gotta jab twice so they get sucked in close enough. You had real problems with your grab game in general (not grabbing enough) and plenty of whiffed grabs you got punished for.

4. Well.. uairs. First off if you are on a stage like Yoshi's story (any 3 platformed stage) try shuffling under them instead of fulljumping them. Your foot will hit on the platform without exposing the rest of you. Actually to me it looks like you use the control stick to shffl aerials. Well I do too. However, its still possible to do falling/rising uairs and they can really be useful. The spacing is kind of strange for falling ones but I'd suggest trying to practice putting some more into your game.

5. Be a bit more agressive in edgeguarding. Relying on the cape can suck sometimes. Try to use some more bairs and edgehog to force high recoveries. Also the fsmash can be very useful sometimes, don't forget about it.
1). Yeah. I never really thought I f.air'd too much till I watched these videos, but yeah, i do it WAAAAAy too much. The only defense I can say to this is when I went against soft, he kinda stood there and ate them, so i wasnt going to change my strat. As for the other ones, i usually put myself on the bad end by missing l-cancels and whatnot, so I can agree with you there.

3). And on this inverse of the last one, i thought I jab-grabbed quite a bit (Although X2X told me i probably shoulda did it more a few hours later, so that got shot down real quick). I dont think i tried to jab-jab-grab, i think i may have just hit z too early to grab and the 2nd jab came out (yeah i use z grabs)

vI think you could have bair edgegaurded more though. Against Marth it's easy if you jump out for it. Perhaps more bairs in general would have helped on the stage. shbair - dj bair is good against marth and shbawds. Uair approaches and edgeguarding would have helped as well. Overall though: very good I give it a 8/10. Marth hurts :(
Marth's easy to jump out against? I might have to try that next time; i was always scared of getting f.aired if i went after him.

I just say use your pills more, you hardly pill at all. And instead of punch to down smash try punch and grab then you can make more combos out of that. D-air is also good to grab out of.
I have to work on my pills in general. I have a bad nack of trying to jump at somebody and throw a pill, and i usually get punished for it cause the pill hits them too early, or i dont account for them attacking through the pill.

flipin **** that Y. Link spamed like no other!11111!!!!! :mad:
Oh well, nice Doc. You had that 2nd match just made some HUGE mistakes at the end.
Yeah, Laijin spams pretty hard. That's how he plays Y.link. It works, so I cant talk bad about it, lol.

You're gunna laugh when you hear this. I've been playing this game for i dunno how long, and until a few days after this match when I was watching videos at home, i never realized you're supposed to ROLL up a frickin ledge to edgehog people.

i like ur solid play style against marth. the falco could have given you more trouble if he was a little more technical, but X2X is deffinately pretty pro.
Samus in general is an annoying fight against doc. I think you were a little too aggressive against her..techincally you could make her come to you, if u wanted since u have pills and cape...or at least force her off the defense a little. You Jab-D.smash-attempted her alot too, which got you D.smashed instead. only real suggestion i'd have is to just shield when u get in close...samuses tend to d.smash out of habit if your patient, then you can wd grab.
. . . That's funny, cause when I watched the vidoes, I saw myself not being aggressive enough (although some of my aggression was sloppy). I kinda figured that if I stayed away, i would just have to contend with missles all day and i wouldnt get alot of progress since he was missle cancelling. That actually why i didnt take him to FD (which i wanted to), cause most of the projectiles I got hit by were either tech chases or missle cancels that I couldnt react to. I didnt think taking platforms away would change the outcome too much.

Quick question...can you reverse cape a sweetspotted recovery. like if fox used over b right to the ledge?
I think you can, but I honestly think that's a question better directed at $mac (specially when he gets his AR up and running)

Again, thanks for the comments and compliments.

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
Sorry didnt read anyone elses posts...PILLL!!!L:!L!L!L!L!!!
All i watched was the first minute of the first matcgh...and im sad
PILL!

sk8tinGam0r

Smash Cadet
Me and $mac loaded up the AR and the backwards cape dont come out faster or have a bigger hitbox so foward cape is better but the backwards cape is like the up-b cancel LOOKS AWSOME!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Zomgaz, I do like your signature BigRick. Haha.

Really, sk8tin? That's rather disappointing... I tried backwards caping a couple times with my friend a few days ago... he proceeded to up B the **** out of me, heh.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't wait to watch these.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Oh god.

I better go get some lube cause something tells me you're gunna rip me a new one. :/

..... and so is everyone else. BUT THAT'S THE POINT!
LOL Don't worry I will be gentle. XD

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
When you've got a Falco grabbed, and you up-throw him in attempts to chain throw, and you realize that he might have just too much %, you could always up-tilt him. During the first match, it seemed like you were able to grab him, throw and grab, throw and.... ah too far. Y'know?
Or you could upthrow and then shffl some uairs i dunno. >.>"

During the third match, it felt like you *wouldn't* edgeguard him off of the ledge. When falco is charging up his up-b, you might have been able to sneak in a bair if you would have kept chasing him. Maybe just watch the match again, and whenever Falco is off of the ledge, see what you could have done. In the other matches you were on key, so maybe it was just this one, i dunno.

Oh, and you're shielding and the Falco decides to full jump shine combo instead of pillar, you can always Up+b out of shield when he is coming at you. In fact, when you find yourself shielding and he ends up *behind* you so you can't shieldgrab, you could either wd out of shield the other way, or you could reverse up+b out of shield at him!! mwahaha :laugh:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
During the third match, it felt like you *wouldn't* edgeguard him off of the ledge. When falco is charging up his up-b, you might have been able to sneak in a bair if you would have kept chasing him. Maybe just watch the match again, and whenever Falco is off of the ledge, see what you could have done. In the other matches you were on key, so maybe it was just this one, i dunno.
Everybody's been telling me that, and i've been trying to fix it.

I have a horrible habit of refusing to edgeguard. I'll just stand on the ledge and try to keep them from grabbing the ledge.

I'm just extremely cautious and fearful of getting gimped.

/me shrugs. I dunno how to describe it, im just real paranoid.

Gea

Smash Master
Practice edgeguarding a Luigi and you'll be fearless after awhile of learning to OH **** A MISFIRE! *reaction time cape/bair/fsmash/at least teching*

Seriously, no joke. When you are confident enough to edgehog and the luigi is green missling... you have balls. Or you're just dumb.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Practice edgeguarding a Luigi and you'll be fearless after awhile of learning to OH **** A MISFIRE! *reaction time cape/bair/fsmash/at least teching*

Seriously, no joke. When you are confident enough to edgehog and the luigi is green missling... you have balls. Or you're just dumb.
LOL w/e. You just say that because of tobias. Luigi's are easy to edgeguard.

Gea

Smash Master
Samus: Utilt. Its over.

Tobias doesn't have an awesome Luigi, but misfires teach you how to be **** careful. I never said Luigi was hard to edgeguard at all. Bairs, cape, pills... Doc alone has tons of options. But misfires happen, and after getting stagespiked by a few you start to get wary of them.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I'm an FL Doc.
Impressive doc you got there dogy. Good job placing 3rd on teams at the gigs tourney.
Your doc looks fun as hell to play agaisnt, i'm looking forward to playing doc dittos with you.
Are you going to LTEC?

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
Nice new vids but you had a couple of opportunities to cape yet you didnt...you need to take advantage of that against a falco...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'm an FL Doc.
Impressive doc you got there dogy. Good job placing 3rd on teams at the gigs tourney.
Your doc looks fun as hell to play agaisnt, i'm looking forward to playing doc dittos with you.
Are you going to LTEC?
Yeah i remember you man. :p

My bad for not playing ya saturday. After the finals were done, half the tvs and cubes were gone so i was like "eh, lets roll".

'ppreciate the compliments.

And yeah ima be at LTEC, i have no choice. I'm closer than most of FL. :-D

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Your signature makes me laugh my *** off, Dogy.

Anyways, nice videos. As usual, my commentary is on the video itself. Falco is kind of a tough one, especially when you don't have a good Falco to practice and play often *looks at Smashmac*. Haha.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
K i am watching them.

1st match: It seems like you weren't really trying...you just kinda stood still a few times. Stop using ftilt to edgeguard so much. It can be useful but in those situations you should of grabbed the edge and baired. You played way to reactive to a falco. You need to stay on him more.

Good things:
Good job abusing his stupid jumps. And you played pretty smart..for the most part.

2nd match: Using wavelanding more could really up your game. And yes I noticed you did at the end. After those upthrows you really should have fsmashed >_>. Falcos will DI it horribly a lot of the time because they want to avoid being chaingrabbed.

3rd match: mm I will get to these later.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
you abuse the fair alot. i personally dont like it because the startup time is slow and i sometimes miss L-cancels due to the lag of hitting the enemy but hey what do i know. ^_^

Simplex

Smash Rookie
When I watched this clip, it was actually the first time I really saw how to put your name in a regular match above your character.
Maybe it is very stupid of me, but it was nowhere to be found in the manual,
delivered with the game. And because I did not look for fora about Smashbrothers online,
I had no idea how to do it. So thank you for that.

And about the clip: I are not so skilled with any character (accept Falco).
As i said I just registered to this site, mostly to see all of those special techniques,
which I first have to practice alot before I think I could argue about this clip.

So, my not very much adding post; just thanks for showing me how to select a name :grin:

Top Bottom