• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 15 minutes of Evo 2014 moments, highlights, clips, and feels

Status
Not open for further replies.

polypuff

Smash Rookie

Hi guys, I made a 15 minute highlight video for evo 2014. I worked pretty hard on this so it would be a ton for me if you could comment / like!

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Thanks a lot for this. Allows me to re-live the event having been there in person. Great video :).

Nontoxic

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot for this. Allows me to re-live the event having been there in person. Great video :).
I saw you at EVO facing Lucien. Entertaining match, hope you had fun! I hope to play at EVO too one day, once I get better at Smash.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I'm still watching this. Just want to say, you did a GREAT GREAT job! I couldn't believe i was only 8 minutes in! I love how you showed the brackets, showed the brackets update per win, showed the Melee menu screen for build up, and showed each stock in the later rounds.

Also REALLY important: You gave enough context for each stock so I felt like I was actually watching a shortened version of the matches. I feel an easy trap as a creator would be to start a cut a couple seconds too late so that the viewer doesn't have time to "get into the situation" since the creator understands since he's already familiar with the situation while the viewer isn't. And you also avoided the trap of letting the cuts be too long. They are like the perfect length!

Again thanks a lot for the video, it was really well done!

TreK

Is "that guy"
Great job man !

If anyone here's interested in the other games featured at EVO, FGC Youtuber Maximilian has done a top 5 and it's worth your time

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Great job man !

If anyone here's interested in the other games featured at EVO, FGC Youtuber Maximilian has done a top 5 and it's worth your time
You know, I have a hard time saying any of those five moments shouldn't be in the top five, but I was sorely disappointed that SonicFox's comeback from losers and then total domination in both Injustice and the MK9 side tournament certainly deserved to get a montage put in there. His dominance in the grand finals for not one but two tournaments had me in awe.

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Anyone know where to find evo vids? I can't find any but a few stray here and there on different random channels...

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Wow, I was watching the other fighting games' highlights, but I just couldn't get hype! Of course I'm biased, but I just don't see a lot happening in those videos to be impressed by, where Melee gives you both the movement & fighting options. But maybe I'm not informed enough to see exactly everything they do in those other games.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Wow, I was watching the other fighting games' highlights, but I just couldn't get hype! Of course I'm biased, but I just don't see a lot happening in those videos to be impressed by, where Melee gives you both the movement & fighting options. But maybe I'm not informed enough to see exactly everything they do in those other games.
I always wonder if the other communities see melee the same way.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I've been hoping someone would make a vid like this!
Wish there was a bit more emphasis on that match where Pikachu 4 stocked that guy in less than a minute, but most of the video was footage that I hadn't even seen and I cant believe I missed that much hype sh#@.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom