• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/5/09 MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S.) : Broken Chairs Edition - RESULTS!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
16 Man Bracket / 21 Entrants
13. Mundungu :yoshi2: / :dk2:

Really? If so, good stuff. What happened to ganon/fox?
Haha sort of. I played a yoshi ditto against spikes first round, and a DK ditto against Sago second. I lost them both :(

I probably would have gone ganon after that though.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Aren't you the one that seeded brackets :psycho:
Yeah, apparently some people overlooked the byes.
I have no problem with DLA + Level 9 cpu getting a bye in winners bracket, because most people did, but the bye was arranged in the wrong place and ended up giving him a double bye in losers bracket as well. =\

I have a feeling whoever looked over doubles bracket just made sure that hunger/sago, arty/quik, and grimace/fatboy weren't all on the same side of the bracket, and then just left it at that, effectively ignoring this whole issue.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Awesome tourney, guys! This was the best M.A.S. (to me, at least. LOL) yet! I'll do shout-outs this evening or tomorrow. XD

YoshQ, I have a bunch of matches on your wii that went all weird on my SD Card when I watched them. If they don't randomly suicide on your wii, would you mind uploading those for me? Just upload all the Kirby replays that are there; I think I was the only Kirby there this time XD

folk!

Smash Apprentice
Awesome tourney, guys! This was the best M.A.S. (to me, at least. LOL) yet! I'll do shout-outs this evening or tomorrow. XD

YoshQ, I have a bunch of matches on your wii that went all weird on my SD Card when I watched them. If they don't randomly suicide on your wii, would you mind uploading those for me? Just upload all the Kirby replays that are there; I think I was the only Kirby there this time XD
thats cuz they could be brawl plus. on regular brawl brawl+ relays r all crazy and do random stuff, and vise versa.(regular replays look all crazy on b+). if u have any captan falcon vs sonics there me and frank. shout outs later.

yoshq

Smash Master
YESSSSS Upload that ****, akashi was doing some awesome stuff in that match =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA4cKy7ZA5g

and there's like 20 other vids that were saved on my wii up, too lazy to name them yet
http://www.youtube.com/user/yoshq7#p/u

they're up here

they had no tripping on that's why they desynced

oh and 3 of the dubz gf are up, they iz taking longer tho

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Ohh! That makes way more sense, now! XD Thanks for uploading them, YoshQ!

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Like, for example, me and yoshq won a match in winners, but due to janky seeding, we actually got last place.
**** makes no sense at all.

. . . . . What??
thought you did all the seeding

wafles = janky?

GOD ****ING DOUBLE POST

anywho,

YOSHQ YOU JACK *** NO MODIFYING HACKS EVAR

ONLY TEXTURS/Music/REPLAYZ

Xyless

Smash Master
i always put no tripping on my setup

i could argue about it with you guys why it would be legal but I thought it was in the first place... i can take it off if it's a problem

So you're telling me we had an illegitimate Brawl, then.

Xyless

Smash Master
Because it's part of the game. Any direct modifications of the physics of the game makes it a different game. It's like in football: if they remove the 2-point conversion, it might not make a big deal at some points, but it might completely change the game in just one instance.

yoshq

Smash Master
lol.......... it's not at all like a 2 point conversion in football. it's closer yet still pretty far from related to random combustion in football. who says tripping is necessary, honestly. if it wasn't random, i'd agree. i want webster's opinion on this...

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
leave the game as it is

remove tripping and you might as well play b-brawl
play b-brawl and you might as well play brawl+
play brawl+ and you might as well play melee :laugh:

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
well I made the melee bracket by hand and changed a lot of stuff around. First Chris was playing his friend just by the seeding, then I switched someone and john was playing someone from his pool, then I switched someone and scythe was playing someone in his pool, then I switched someone and everything was perfect, or at least as good as it was gonna get (iirc my only possible opponents 1st round were quaz, mundungu, sago, or someone from my pool :ohwell: ). I think location/redundant bracket problems are legit, and I encourage people to ***** about the bracket before it starts because otherwise we'd have to put up with more fbt6 style post-tourney *****ing. At least try to look at possible switches next time!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
ok i honestly thought nobody cared but i'll take it off - i still want to know what webster thinks though :)
Tripping is ******** and should have NEVER BEEN IN THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE. :mad:

I wish all brawl setups had tripping removed. And it SHOULD have been an option to turn it off (if it absolutely HAD to be in the game) from the very begining.

Also...

play brawl+ and you might as well play melee :laugh:

Wafles

Smash Lord
how is tripping important?
Okay, now I'm pretty pissed.

Punishing trips are part of brawl, like it or not, that's the way it is, and it's completely unreasonable for you to make a decision by yourself on whether or not tripping should be in the game. It's part of the game, and absolutely no modifications are to be made for regular brawl tournaments.

Do it again and I'll talk to webster about not allowing you to bring setups again, because you had absolutely no right to decide whether or not a no-tripping setup should be used in tournament play.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Tripping is ******** and should have NEVER BEEN IN THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE. :mad:

I wish all brawl setups had tripping removed. And it SHOULD have been an option to turn it off (if it absolutely HAD to be in the game) from the very begining.
If it were in the game itself, then it'd be fine, but it's not, and it changes the way the game is played. Like it or not, punishing trips is part of the game, talk to me on AIM webster.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
leave the game as it is

play brawl+ and you might as well play a good game melee :laugh:
Changed where I found appropriate.

Good **** guys, had alot of fun, maybe I'll use my tag next time rather than my actual name...haha

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Tripod is a dumb website, NEVER upload ANYTHING ON IT. :mad:

This is the real "THIS" smile:

just thought i'd throw that out there.... :)

Lokeloki

Smash Apprentice
Okay, now I'm pretty pissed.

Punishing trips are part of brawl, like it or not, that's the way it is, and it's completely unreasonable for you to make a decision by yourself on whether or not tripping should be in the game. It's part of the game, and absolutely no modifications are to be made for regular brawl tournaments.

Do it again and I'll talk to webster about not allowing you to bring setups again, because you had absolutely no right to decide whether or not a no-tripping setup should be used in tournament play.
I think this is an over reaction, however i agree that the game should not be modified in ANY way, tournament set-ups should never be run though home brew period, because you just don't know what else is on there (like no tripping). I have always felt this way and with often refuse to play on any set-ups with textures. I like the game in its pure form.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice

edit: Posted by Akashi :D SHOUT-OUTS BY BOTH OF US TONIGHT, PROMISE

Akashi

Smash Lord
Shout-out time!

Arty - You're amazing, and I'm glad I could teach you one of your flaws. Our $MM was close, just don't let me mind game you into choosing G&W :p. We're too beast!

Fatboy - Nice seeing you like always, good job on your placing. You did awesome in low-tiers!

Quik: Haha, thanks for the kind words... I'm glad I'm a formidable opponent to you. I seriously thought you had me during our match, but I guess I clutched it. You're so quick (lol no pun intended) on your reflexes that it's really overwhelming, so I can see you destroying me in the near future. ;)

Hunger - You're awesome Jacob, and I always enjoy hanging with you. The main trait that I enjoy the most is your sheer honesty. You're a great guy, thanks for the pride matches!

Sago - You're sooooooooooo chill, Sago, I love you! And stop rubbing your nipples at me when Meneil is around... she may get jealous! Lol, gg's on our pride match, I can't believe I beat you @_@;. We should friendly next time, so you can get more Snake MU experience. You definitely have one of the better MKs in the MW... imo the best WI has to offer (no offense FB :o )

Grimace -I'm glad you see me as an equal, even though I think you're still better :p. Our Snakes are so different, yet imo they compliment each other at the same time. You're also much like hunger: kind, thoughtful, and honest. I love WI so much because of people like you.

Fade - You're so humble when I talk to you - don't change that. You're such a good support player (specifically talking about you and hunger), and your adaptive ways is going to help you succeed in beating some big names. Impressive as always!

DLA - Great job at low-tiers, and LOL @ your doubles XD. I'm glad you realize my humor is in light fun, and you don't offense to it. <3 you Tom

Wafles - I got my revenge in the pokemon battle! Lol, now you'll probably only choose MK against me :( but it's all good. You're a great MK/Falco, keep at it.

Ook - Ook, you're amazing. I love you. 'Nuff said

Scythe - I'm banning Delf next time, and I'm going to $MM you as well - I feel like I should have won, but no johns. :p

Meneil - You're sitting right in front of me, but I <3 you.

Akashi - you suck

YoshQ - Lol you're an awesome Falcon and Luigi, and I'm glad I could help you in the L. vs. S match-up! Honestly I've never played a good Luigi before so... you helped me as well. :)

Kappy - You're ever improving, keep at it. Also gg's the day before, and gj taking a match off Meneil and I during dubs.

Brian - I didn't talk to you much during the tourney, but grats on getting out of pools! Keep at it:D

Xyless - Make it out of pools next time :(! You did have an amazing set against Mel though, so props to you!

Oro - YOU'RE A **** :D. <3 Oro

DevilDigimon - I won't say much here, but thanks so much for supporting the community with your everlasting help and determination. You're truly an inspiring person, and I'm extremely grateful that we (WI/IL) have someone who will cope with us. Thanks again, Webster.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Arty - you changed your playstyle a lot since our MM, it took me by surprise! Congrats on getting first though. gg's in pools

Sago - Apparently you're named after a Mexican plant? ...I think I'm going to need to bring this up in every shout out from now on. But congrats on buying Akashi off with a root beer float... oh, and first place too, I guess.

Fatboy - nice seeing you again!

Hunger - So we keep our tourney-playing streak yet again! I swear I've played you every single tournament since... the last two tournies of Play N Trade, now that I think about it. o.o But if I had to play someone repeatedly, glad it's you. gg's

Quik - thanks, I think I will try to pick Pit up as a serious secondary, it's fun to fly around with him, and I love the reactions I get just by Wing Refreshing. Nice seeing you again.

Grimace - err I haven't played Akashi in a tournament match, ever, and we stopped doing pride MM's lol. If you were referring to KenniSpam's comment, I think he meant that I placed higher than Akashi in brackets. Lucky seeding my part?

DLA - Thanks for the ride! So many people love you DLA, that they just have to let the world know how much you love God. =) gg's in brackets, although Sago told me some tricks to fighting DK... I'll try them out next time, maybe they'll work lol

Ook - I got knocked out of brackets by two DKs... but I don't mind if it's you and DLA lol. Gg's, I always love playing you. Nice seeing you again, watch out for the Burger King man wearing a sombrero =)

Scythe - cool to see you entering brawl tournaments again, we should friendly sometime.

Akashi - Oh hi, why you are indeed right behind me. o.o

YoshQ - gg's with the few random friendlies we played!

Kappy - congrats on your second tournament, you did well. gg's in pools! And thanks for having us over on Fri. =)

Brian - can I convince you next time to go to SV now? lol ;) but gg's, congrats on getting out of pools!

Xyless - it sucks that you didn't make it out of pools because you got knocked out by two DePaul people you normally play. :\ sorry. Our matches were close though, gg's

Moozle - gg's, I had fun playing you, next time don't panic after a spike!

Zwarm - you kind of got a death pool, but I'm sure you'll make it out of pools next time, you are getting better.

DevilDigimon - Thanks for hosting, it was a lot of fun, let me or Akashi know if you need help setting things up for future tournaments, we'd be glad to help. =)

SpongeJordan - the most fun I had in pools was playing you on Spear Pillar, no lie. gg's!

john!

Smash Hero
Wafles, wouldn't you say that removing tripping makes the better player win more often? Is that a bad thing? I am all for tripping of course, the sooner people switch to Melee the better.

Also, shoutouts to Sago, Mundungu, people I used cheap tactics against, the Docs I always seem to barely beat, my self-proclaimed "rival" who actually has a ways to go, the people who placed above me, Joey Tight Lips, and anyone else I missed.

Xyless

Smash Master
john, that's not the point. If any of us had it our way, we would have tripping off. The thing is, tripping IS in the game.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
SpongeJordan - the most fun I had in pools was playing you on Spear Pillar, no lie. gg's!
Ike's got some zany **** on that stage, no joke. Next time, we're going to a REAL stage, like Port Aero Dive!

lol then Wafles and Xyless are arguing for something they don't even want on a matter of principle...
Correct. I don't like it either. However, I don't like MK, yet I don't want him banned.

Sometimes you just gotta deal with it and play the game as it was originally made.

Top Bottom