• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/22/2008 - GameBreakers - One Fall Brawl

Ruuku

Smash Lord
On Saturday November 22nd 2008, GameBreakers and Team DAMD/FIU will be hosting a Super Smash Brothers Brawl tournament.

3700 SW Davie Road
Davie, Fl. 33314

For directions:
-GameBreakers
(786) 303-4232
thegamebreaker@hotmail.com
Or simply look it up on mapquest/google

Additional information:
-Ruuku or Luc
(786) 269-7897
AIM: haitianhomey1012

Schedule:
-signups begin at 2pm and end 5 min. before each tournament begins
-doubles tournament will start at 3pm
-singles tournament will start as soon as doubles are over (no later than 5:45pm)

Door fee:
- contestant will have to pay a $10 door fee (all of it going to GameBreakers) if entering both singles and doubles

Or

- contestant will have to pay a $7 door fee (all of it going to GameBreakers) if only entering doubles or singles

Or

- contestants will have to pay a $5 door fee (all of it going to GameBreakers) if bringing a tube TV and a Wii (all of it going to GameBreakers)

Tournament fee:
- $10 fee per attendee for singles (all of it going into the pot)
- $20 fee per team for doubles (all of it going into the pot)

Prizes:
1st=70% of pot
2nd=20% of pot
3nd=10% of pot

General rules:
- When it's your turn to play, you will be called ~3 times. If you are not present in this time or we do not hear from you as to where you are or what you're doing, we will attempt to run another match before yours. However, you risk being disqualified if there are no other matches in that round to be played.

- This is a “bring your own controller” (BYOC) tournament. We have no obligation to loan controllers, so come prepared. We're not responsible for you not having anything to play on. However, we do have rental controllers available to use for the price of $2.

Tournament rules, settings, and duration:
- Double elimination
- 7 minutes and 3 stocks
- Items turned off
- Team attack on
- Ties broken by %
- Sets of 2/3 matches
- Sets of 3/5 matches for Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals
- First stage agreed upon or random
- Loser chooses stage-> winner picks character-> loser picks character
- Each player is allowed to ban a legal stage at the beginning of any set once characters have been selected

Neutral stages - Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville

Counterpick stages - Frigate Orpheon, Delfino Plaza, Pokemon Stadium (Melee), Brinstar, Luigi’s Mansion

- Any infinite chain throw can only be done until 150% further use will be considered stalling
- Please refrain from using excessive stalling tactics (those cannot be stopped without losing a stock or forfeiting the match). After one warning, further use will result the automatic loss of the match

I will consider your opinions on all rules and legal stages so please read them carefully and let me know what you think.

Miscellaneous information:
- the entrance fee allows you to play at GameBreakers after the tournament.
- GameBreakers has Wii’s, PS3’s, Xbox 360’s, and computers to play on
- GameBreakers also has beverages and snacks for sale.

Please let me know if you will attend the event, even if uncertain. I need to keep track of the number of potential attendees. Don't forget to let me know if you can bring anything. What I need is TVs+Wii setup (game with all characters and stages). If you only have a Wii setup, you can pair up with someone that you know can bring a TV. $5 entrance will be waived for the entire setup, meaning that each person will pay $7.50 instead of $10. Bring whatever you can.

TVs:
1. Ruuku
2. Ruuku
3. Ruuku

Wiis:
1. GameBreakers
2. GameBreakers
3. GameBreakers
4. Ruuku

Attendance:
1. Ruuku
2. 8-Bit
3. Izzy
4. Tommy G
5. Champ

Life After Death

Smash Champion
this is the day of linguinis toruney. take this **** off plz. and no one is gonnna come cuz last oen was horrible. all laggy tvs. jesus we got more than enough brawl tourneys already.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
this is the day of linguinis toruney. take this **** off plz. and no one is gonnna come cuz last oen was horrible. all laggy tvs. jesus we got more than enough brawl tourneys already.
I can't fulfill your request of canceling this tournament if other people want it to happen. Especially on the basis of someone else hosting a tournament for a different game. As for TVs, I am personally bringing 3 and GameBreakers is considering purchasing 4-5 cheap tube TVs. I've also let potential attendees know that bringing setups will enable them to get a discount for their entrance fee. The TV setups will be placed in a different larger room. Thank you for the feedback.

Equi

Smash Ace
Agree with lambchops (not the burn in hell comment), dont host this on the same day as guinis tournament.

Especially if the tourney is going to be in a closet again...

At the very least, respect Linguini's attempt to keep melee going.

--Afro

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Agree with lambchops (not the burn in hell comment), dont host this on the same day as guinis tournament.

Especially if the tourney is going to be in a closet again...

At the very least, respect Linguini's attempt to keep melee going.

--Afro
I'm confused as to why I shouldn't be hosting Brawl on the same day when the majority of the people on Linguini's attendees list don't play Brawl or at least don't go to tournaments. Also, the last Saturday of the month is when I would usually do it but Gigabits took that date. But if enough people are against me hosting this due to conflicting issues then I'll reschedule. I'm not hosting this tournament for myself.

Also, Linguini spends his time bashing Brawl anytime he gets a chance to do so. Not only have I hosted Melee tournaments in the past but I was even willing to start hosting Melee and Brawl tournaments FIU starting next year. So you have no place to tell me anything about respect.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Melee is a horrible game....get at me.

I still respect others opinion on liking it though.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
all I know is I'm gona be at linguinis melée tourny and I play both. Problem with trying to conflict tournies is that melée tournies don't happen as often. Least that's why I'm goin anyway. It'd be cool if I didn't have to miss this though.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
all I know is I'm gona be at linguinis melée tourny and I play both. Problem with trying to conflict tournies is that melée tournies don't happen as often. Least that's why I'm goin anyway. It'd be cool if I didn't have to miss this though.
See, I've already mentioned the fact that I'm not hosting tournament for myself. LAN centers may try to compete with each other but I'm not a LAN center. The only thing I'm getting from hosting this is potential fun times and tournament hosting experience. So if this is conflicting with something else that most Brawl players want to attend, I can reschedule. But some people like Chops can't seem grasp that concept.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
lol, woah woah. Let's discuss this like gentlemen. Alright, Ruuku let me ask you. Would you be willing to change the date for another saturday? The thing is; there aren't as many melee tournaments happening recently and Linguini is pulling in all the stops to make a change. (He's the Barack Obama of Melee imo lol) And I don't think Linguini is going to change the date and because people have been aching for Melee; so for sure people aren't going to pass it up. (Acknowledging what Seibrik said) It might kill your attendence like HB said. =/ I just personally think it'll benefit you and Game breakers to just host on another day.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
lol, woah woah. Let's discuss this like gentlemen. Alright, Ruuku let me ask you. Would you be willing to change the date for another saturday? The thing is; there aren't as many melee tournaments happening recently and Linguini is pulling in all the stops to make a change. (He's the Barack Obama of Melee imo lol) And I don't think Linguini is going to change the date and because people have been aching for Melee; so for sure people aren't going to pass it up. (Acknowledging what Seibrik said) It might kill your attendence like HB said. =/ I just personally think it'll benefit you and Game breakers to just host on another day.
I've already said a bunch of times that I'm not hosting this for myself. I have nothing to gain or lose. I was even planning on hosting a Melee tournament at FIU in January. Anyways, I'll talk to the owner of GB to see what he wants to do. I'm not including you when I'm saying this but some of the people in both the Melee and Brawl community are becoming quite annoying. Even in a situation in which you're trying to do something for them. I've hosted countless tournaments for other non smash related games and I've never been in this situation. Thank you for your feedback though.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
o wow, i thought ruuku cancelled this cause of all of the sfl backlash

nevershootme

Smash Master
o wow, i thought ruuku cancelled this cause of all of the sfl backlash
nah he's still gonna make it happen regardless. it's simply up to the player to decide if he/she (pfft rarely) wants to go.

Hell i'd hit a lan center during a brawl tournament at a known place instead and rack the cash.... nowadays it's just people profiting off other people's money. a grown mans way of taking your money just like in elementary school.

Top Bottom