• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% Juice - The best things in life are free.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
yo guys

i quit my job....
That job sounded like *ss, even though it payed well.

Play WoW with us? I'm trying to craft Shadowmourne. ME WITH SHADOWMOURNE WOULD BE ********. YOU DON'T WANNA SEE ME GET THE PUMP, ACT UP, YOU CAN END UP WRAPPED UP IN MY ***** TRUNK!

I kinda feel like playing that TvC.

Allied

Smash Master
been waiting on my server transfer cooldown give me a bit man :DD

pumped

btw in SSF4

Maining

Ibuki
Cody
Cammy

GET

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
I have room for ONE more in my car group to *Pound* 4. Whoever needs the ride has to meet 2 qualifications though. I have to know you and you can't have any problems with S.W.R and we're all good. PM meee.

Allied

Smash Master
Guys I'm pumped for SSF4 too! Except for those "counter ultras" or whatever that garbage is that they're giving Cammy and Fei Long.

I just wish I was better at Street Fighter =-/. The amount of links I can't do under pressure is ********.

Yeah i understand what you mean but i think alot of easy regular SF play people like like ultras on counter, i mean its prolly going to take alot of skill to get off and also that improves the defense a little bit of extremely offensive low tier characters for certain matchups ex. cammy vs defensive pokey bison the counter ultramay comein handy

i mean i can't say much but i think its a well placed improvement

i'm actually a little excited to see how juri's 2nd ultra using the (i forget what its exactly called i think it was used by yun in sf turbo) fei sholng engine? idk but it look really deadly but it shouldn't be too deadly due to combo damage decay

It definitally mixes up the game a bit also with the game being geared towards offensive play i'm really pumped to see how the tier list kinda comes out i mean i expect no big chances but none the less i expect some changes and less gay matchups (ex. zangief timing out akumas to win, camping when other person has ex bar + ultra to avoid the setup because they have no better options)

I see street fighter 4 alot like brawl in this way because theres alot of situations where camping is just plain better option than a more risky approach which is way alot of extremely agressive characters are lower tier (not meaning their bad)

So just give it a chance buddy:]
Boring game. Play Marvel :)
I acually was going to buy that but my xbox just recently broke on new years so i'm down to play it though just you would have to let me get decent then we can do some good old practice online and teach me some matchups

how is the tournament scene in that game?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I acually was going to buy that but my xbox just recently broke on new years so i'm down to play it though just you would have to let me get decent then we can do some good old practice online and teach me some matchups

how is the tournament scene in that game?
Unfortunate to hear about your 360 but I'm cool with playing online when you get it up and running. To be honest I have no idea what the tourny scene is like. I've only seen EVO(Marvel's biggest event I think) footage. I can't really judge. I'm not tourny quality anyway, just decent. I don't think matchups are THAT big of a deal since you can switch fighters during the match(3on3 if you dont know). Then again 2 characters(Blackheart, and Magneto) give me enormous problems regardless of the other players skill and since I always pick the same team I could be wrong. I still don't know a lot about the game even though I play it a lot.

Allied

Smash Master
Unfortunate to hear about your 360 but I'm cool with playing online when you get it up and running. To be honest I have no idea what the tourny scene is like. I've only seen EVO(Marvel's biggest event I think) footage. I can't really judge. I'm not tourny quality anyway, just decent. I don't think matchups are THAT big of a deal since you can switch fighters during the match(3on3 if you dont know). Then again 2 characters(Blackheart, and Magneto) give me enormous problems regardless of the other players skill and since I always pick the same team I could be wrong. I still don't know a lot about the game even though I play it a lot.
thats actually really cool i'm really like the little 3v3 preview you are giving me, and yeah the 360 situation sucks i'm just getting a refurbished one anyway soon its like only like 120dollars for the core system + i get extra wires + controllers and i can acually sell the wires back to gamestop for like 80 dollars i checked so its a steal really

i'll definitally give it a try i'm going to try to do a little research before getting it just to see what i'm dealing with

is the online good?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
thats actually really cool i'm really like the little 3v3 preview you are giving me, and yeah the 360 situation sucks i'm just getting a refurbished one anyway soon its like only like 120dollars for the core system + i get extra wires + controllers and i can acually sell the wires back to gamestop for like 80 dollars i checked so its a steal really

i'll definitally give it a try i'm going to try to do a little research before getting it just to see what i'm dealing with

is the online good?
Glad to hear you're getting a new one.

Yes the online play is very good. It's 360 so you don't have to worry about garbage Wii wifi connections. I've played roughly a 1000 matches since I downloaded it and have only had lag in about 10 or so, which would of course be caused by one of us.

There is definitely a lot of gay **** in the game. There's no denying that. A basic overview of the game since you sound like you haven't played it. It's 3 on 3. You have 1 character that you control at a time. You can call in one of your 2 other characters during the fight to do a move then leave(you decide the move before the match when you pick the character), or you could simply switch to that character. You win when the other 3 characters are dead and they can do infinte combos(depending on the team) and other bull****. Still, even with nonsense like that it's still extremely fun. I'll try to show you as much as I can when we play soon

Allied

Smash Master
Glad to hear you're getting a new one.

Yes the online play is very good. It's 360 so you don't have to worry about garbage Wii wifi connections. I've played roughly a 1000 matches since I downloaded it and have only had lag in about 10 or so, which would of course be caused by one of us.

There is definitely a lot of gay **** in the game. There's no denying that. A basic overview of the game since you sound like you haven't played it. It's 3 on 3. You have 1 character that you control at a time. You can call in one of your 2 other characters during the fight to do a move then leave(you decide the move before the match when you pick the character), or you could simply switch to that character. You win when the other 3 characters are dead and they can do infinte combos(depending on the team) and other bull****. Still, even with nonsense like that it's still extremely fun. I'll try to show you as much as I can when we play soon
i'm definitally down and this game can you a stick too? because if so that would make it even a better experience

Allied

Smash Master
yeah i'm starting to prefer a stick for most of the fighters its really clean cut and good for on reaction inputs compared to controllers

i mean either one works thats just my opinion i just really like controllers for competitive shooters like mw2,gears,halo3 etc XD

i really wanna start trying other fighters ever since street fighter i just get mad discouraged to buy other games when i hear so much negativity for it but if its fun i'm definitally down

btw have you tried tekken 6?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I haven't tried the new Tekken. I can't stand any of the Tekken games and find them to be extremely boring. Same with SF4. The only fighting games that are actually competitive that I care about are Brawl, MvC2, Guilty Gear(even though I barely play it and am bad), and the Dead or Alive series(4 in particular).

I'd like to use a stick but I don't wanna spend the money. It'd prolly be much easier to use and I wouldn't make so many mistakes but I just deal with it for now.

Allied

Smash Master
I haven't tried the new Tekkan. I can't stand any of the Tekkan games and find them to be extremely boring. Same with SF4. The only fighting games that are actually competitive that I care about are Brawl, MvC2, Guilty Gear(even though I barely play it and am bad), and the Dead or Alive series(4 in particular).

I'd like to use a stick but I don't wanna spend the money. It'd prolly be much easier to use and I wouldn't make so many mistakes but I just deal with it for now.
yeah i understand with you mean tekken is extremely confusing it looks like it would take me years to master the juggling system they have and not only that i would have to master matchups for 40 characters!!!

because apparently character matchups is BIG in that game >.< and + the tier list for tekken 6 is a little ********

they have like

SSS tier this guy

S tier (notice they skipped like the SS tier LOL) like 2 people

A tier like 4 people

B tier like some more

etc

etc

Kind of like brawl but like SSS tier guy is retardedly good apparently and also i dont know how to configure my stick to Tekken 6 controls because its different so i gave up until i quit my job so i may tinker with that soon enough

Street fighter i got into because to me its simlar to brawl in alot of aspects which i enjoyed and is very technical too

i do have some complaints though because they made the reversal window for like shoryukens retardedly big so if your doing a combo and maybe make a mistake the shoryuken will come out for reserval immediately and everyone online since it lags has troubles connecting legit combos some times

Also they made ******** shortcuts for shoryukens

Instead of Up Down Diagonal Left
You can just Spam Diagonal Left Twice and it will still come out which is ******** because like i said with the back reversal window and mad stupid kids playing ken online spamming shoryuken

Its like impossible to get anything done XD also sagat is like broken XD even tho i'm getting better at the matchup but i forgot you dont play so you kinda dont know what i mean XD

also i watched some guilty gear footage it looks fun hows that fighter?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
yeah i understand with you mean tekken is extremely confusing it looks like it would take me years to master the juggling system they have and not only that i would have to master matchups for 40 characters!!!

because apparently character matchups is BIG in that game >.< and + the tier list for tekken 6 is a little ********

they have like

SSS tier this guy

S tier (notice they skipped like the SS tier LOL) like 2 people

A tier like 4 people

B tier like some more

etc

etc

Kind of like brawl but like SSS tier guy is retardedly good apparently and also i dont know how to configure my stick to Tekken 6 controls because its different so i gave up until i quit my job so i may tinker with that soon enough

Street fighter i got into because to me its simlar to brawl in alot of aspects which i enjoyed and is very technical too

i do have some complaints though because they made the reversal window for like shoryukens retardedly big so if your doing a combo and maybe make a mistake the shoryuken will come out for reserval immediately and everyone online since it lags has troubles connecting legit combos some times

Also they made ******** shortcuts for shoryukens

Instead of Up Down Diagonal Left
You can just Spam Diagonal Left Twice and it will still come out which is ******** because like i said with the back reversal window and mad stupid kids playing ken online spamming shoryuken

Its like impossible to get anything done XD also sagat is like broken XD even tho i'm getting better at the matchup but i forgot you dont play so you kinda dont know what i mean XD

also i watched some guilty gear footage it looks fun hows that fighter?
Tekken is slow and boring, I like none of the characters, and it's not something I'd spend money on. It's just a waste of money for me.

GG is something I enjoy. I don't play it a lot but it seems like a great game. I know Inui is good at it. His opinion and views about it would be more helpful to you. I still like it though.

Marvel has a very stupid tier list too, but accurate imo. The 4 characters in God Tier are incredibly good and the few in top tier make a majority of the cast(43 characters) completely useless in compeitive play. I can only go on what I see though so I could be wrong

Allied

Smash Master
Tekken is slow and boring, I like none of the characters, and it's not something I'd spend money on. It's just a waste of money for me.

GG is something I enjoy. I don't play it a lot but it seems like a great game. I know Inui is good at it. His opinion and views about it would be more helpful to you. I still like it though.

Marvel has a very stupid tier list too, but accurate imo. The 4 characters in God Tier are incredibly good and the few in top tier make a majority of the cast(43 characters) completely useless in compeitive play. I can only go on what I see though so I could be wrong
yeah idk i didnt do research on the buy because yes! was hyping it up and i trusted him i see how wrong i WAS!@!!! XDD

and yeah i mean i would ask inui but i think he still hates me because i troll him too much i hope he still knows i'm still friends with him i just hate to see him argue on the boards sometimes to the point of actually hating other smashboards members when hes actually a very intelligent guy whos mad nice in person no matter what he says on the boards XDD i think he just needs to control his views on things some times and accept other peoples opinions (inb4 inui posting how none of this is true ;3)

and yeah what are the best team combinations i can only imagine there are insanely gay ones and is the a tournament standard everyone follows for that game ? idk if any characters are banned would be nice to know XD

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lmfao Kai and I have different opinions :(

I for one love my characters in tekken xD

Kai likes simpsons, so I wouldn't trust what he has to say :laugh:

for mvc2 a good team always has storm/sentinel on it.

Allied

Smash Master
yes! has joined the chatt XD

yeah i mean tekken 6 definitally has hot characters as you've shown i still have to tinker with that game some more and we gotta definitally start chilling soon chris (both chrises wasn't really directed at anyone XD) because i quit my job

YOU PUMPED?!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Tekken is trash to put it simply.

As far as I know none of the infinites are banned in competitive play for Marvel and none of the characters are banned either. There is cheap stuff but keep in mind brawl nonsense is MUCH easier to do than most of the stuff in Marvel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9FLu3fzC40

Watch this and pay attention to 1:15 to 1:32. The guy performs Cable's infinite. This is the most common thing I go for when I play(I use Cable on my team). It's not too tough to do and as you can see is VERY useful

Edit: Yes! is right. A good team has Sentinel or Storm on it. They are the top 2 characters. Magneto and Cable are the other 2 god tiers.

Allied

Smash Master
WOW cable seems really insane is it very technical to get that off constantly like that i dont know but it seemed like he stopped (or died?)

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
WOW cable seems really insane is it very technical to get that off constantly like that i dont know but it seemed like he stopped (or died?)
His special only lasts for 2 seconds but you are able to jump and repeat it as long as your special gauge has power and if you time it right there is nothing they can do about it. I can always juggle them twice but timing the jump to get that high and be fast enough is some times tough for me so I get the full inifite about 60% of the time. That guy is much better than me so he has no problem. I have a 360 controller to work with though....not a stick. Most of the game is more technical rather than thinking. Once you know all the combos and things that work the rest is all performance.

Allied

Smash Master
His special only lasts for 2 seconds but you are able to jump and repeat it as long as your special gauge has power and if you time it right there is nothing they can do about it. I can always juggle them twice but timing the jump to get that high and be fast enough is some times tough for me so I get the full inifite about 60% of the time. That guy is much better than me so he has no problem. I have a 360 controller to work with though....not a stick. Most of the game is more technical rather than thinking. Once you know all the combos and things that work the rest is all performance.
thats actually pretty sick idk why but i think i got the wrong impressions when you said infinies and stuff like that due to my tainted mind from brawl so i was like thinking

Gay ice climber chaingrabs and metaknight tornados 0 - death XD

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
thats actually pretty sick idk why but i think i got the wrong impressions when you said infinies and stuff like that due to my tainted mind from brawl so i was like thinking

Gay ice climber chaingrabs and metaknight tornados 0 - death XD
No, the infinites in Marvel take timing and are more difficult than just throwing someone back and forth in brawl or downthrowing them over and over :laugh:

As you can probably tell there is more to pay attention to as well.

Zucco

Smash Master
New episode of Naruto was amazing, and it covered about 5 chapters all in one go. Unfortunately now they are doing a filler arc about the 6 tail beast.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
New episode of Naruto was amazing, and it covered about 5 chapters all in one go. Unfortunately now they are doing a filler arc about the 6 tail beast.
Naruto anime is bad, except the fights.

Was there a fight? I stopped watching after the fight between Naruto and Deidara.

Only anime I'm considering watch (again) is NHK ni Youkoso.

Zucco

Smash Master
Naruto anime is bad, except the fights.

Was there a fight? I stopped watching after the fight between Naruto and Deidara.

Only anime I'm considering watch (again) is NHK ni Youkoso.
it was the entire fight between Sasuke and his team vs Killer Bee.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
We're makin' 'dat money like M2K in WoW.

Oh, I might have to check out that Killer Bee fight. I'm extremely behind on Naruto anime, haven't watched it in over a year.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
We're makin' 'dat money like M2K in WoW.

Oh, I might have to check out that Killer Bee fight. I'm extremely behind on Naruto anime, haven't watched it in over a year.
Just watch the anime for Bleach/Naruto again in a few years, it'll have covered all the chapters up to 6 months prior to the episodes, and you can skip all the filler!

Top Bottom