• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/10/09 MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S) Racine, WI

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
we will see. I probably won't take that MM since there might be people trashtalking me and I might lose a game that I would of surely won otherwise. That's my only problem thus far, if I can play concentrated with NOBODY talking then I have a good chance of placing top 3 at this tourney, but if people are yelling trash talk at me then I won't even make it out of pools.

To the TO, you should institute some sort of silence rule when tournament matches are being played, that way everyone gets a fair chance to concentrate on their matches and not have to listen to unnecessary distractions.
Aight, I like what your doing here, and I'm gunna let you finish but i'd just like to say, KAIN WOULD SHIT IN YO *****.

BTW: Now im just going to yell and yell, only time i find it gay is coaching

KTOWNMK OUT NEGROS!

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
kennispam: i don't wanna sound like a douche, but please try to cool it with the multiple posting. it's kinda annoying for people new to this tournament series to browse through this thread and read alot of b.s. not saying what u post is unimportant, just saying that we need to keep this thread clean and on topic.
http://i34.tinypic.com/23ijxw3.jpg Webster, this explains everything

peacock50

Smash Rookie
I can most likely come to this might play brawl doubles but i know ill be in singles for brawl/melee and if i get bored i might play naruto .-.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I demand that Arty is placed behind ChitownWolf at all times, that'll sort him out.

And this time MKW will be different.... I has ben practicin!

EDIT: Also there needs to be a Sago, Hunger, Webster, 18spikes "party" on at the tv next to him.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@sago: it's not that great unless you can get them on sv or fd

chances are you're NOT going to try to get a grab on MK near the edge on BF (the only other conceivable stage you're taking MK to as sheik, since CS is bad for Sheik, Halberd is relative suicide [this is debatable] as well as Delfino...Norfair lol, Brinstar no, PS1 MK >> Sheik on every other transformation), you're going to either ftilt them or use your mobility to escape on the platforms from being ledge trapped since sheik on the ledge is terrible. at the edge most grabs are achieved through shield grabbing...if mk is playing the MU right your shield will be basically dead from tornado and dtilt pressure

also @kenni your playstyle should be able to adapt any one of sheik's techniques lol, there's no specific "playstyle" associated with the dacus, unless you're referring to a "technical" style which even then isn't accurate since there are sheiks out there that are hardly technical and use it

hunger if you encounter kenni in bracket go marth, lol. put him on the ledge, sit about 2.5 marths away and then don't do anything, react to what he does. he has 0 options. he rolls he eats a grab or db, he does standing getup he's the one who has to do something, not you (plus you're at the range where he can't challenge marth unless he uses needles but he can't really follow up unless you hold the shield too long), he does a full jump off the ledge you fair/bair or if you think he's going to airdodge from the ledge with the full hop you **** him with bair, he drops off jumps up and does a cute little aerial or airdodge just crouch low and use dtilt to poke him back off. easy way to get 30-50% damage on a sheik given that 3 iterations of this trap will give you 9% each assuming you get a dtilt or if you get a fair/bair even better (13, 16%). not that you should be worried about sheik v. wario that much, it's not bad for wario at all.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
@sago: it's not that great unless you can get them on sv or fd

chances are you're NOT going to try to get a grab on MK near the edge on BF (the only other conceivable stage you're taking MK to as sheik, since CS is bad for Sheik, Halberd is relative suicide [this is debatable] as well as Delfino...Norfair lol, Brinstar no, PS1 MK >> Sheik on every other transformation), you're going to either ftilt them or use your mobility to escape on the platforms from being ledge trapped since sheik on the ledge is terrible. at the edge most grabs are achieved through shield grabbing...if mk is playing the MU right your shield will be basically dead from tornado and dtilt pressure

also @kenni your playstyle should be able to adapt any one of sheik's techniques lol, there's no specific "playstyle" associated with the dacus, unless you're referring to a "technical" style which even then isn't accurate since there are sheiks out there that are hardly technical and use it

hunger if you encounter kenni in bracket go marth, lol. put him on the ledge, sit about 2.5 marths away and then don't do anything, react to what he does. he has 0 options. he rolls he eats a grab or db, he does standing getup he's the one who has to do something, not you (plus you're at the range where he can't challenge marth unless he uses needles but he can't really follow up unless you hold the shield too long), he does a full jump off the ledge you fair/bair or if you think he's going to airdodge from the ledge with the full hop you **** him with bair, he drops off jumps up and does a cute little aerial or airdodge just crouch low and use dtilt to poke him back off. easy way to get 30-50% damage on a sheik given that 3 iterations of this trap will give you 9% each assuming you get a dtilt or if you get a fair/bair even better (13, 16%). not that you should be worried about sheik v. wario that much, it's not bad for wario at all.
You obviously don't main Sheik.
A. Sheik is great on halberd and decent on cs.
B. Needle camp marth? Lol. But really marth is a decent matchup for me even though I don't camp
C. If you're going to this, MM me wise guy

hunger!

Smash Champion
if i run into kenni. ill just go mario or jigglypuff or ness or anyone from the cast and beat him

i dont need any advice vs a ******** useless character like sheik =P thanks though and ill try to come to the next mw:e circuit event

clowsui

Smash Legend
LMAO I second Sheik, ******

Halberd vs. MK as Sheik isn't fantastic, especially since you have no real way of stopping him from just planking the **** out of you. In most cases the MK will ban Halberd anyways, out of instinct. Halberd is good for Ftilt Usmash and getting random tipper USmashes on transformation one but on Transformation 2 the ledge structure is bad for any sort of wall jump tricks. Similarly MK has a little bit of room to avoid GR->DACUS thanks to the platform and can escape needle zoning with the platform. However since it's flat it's good for Sheik, so w/e. MK still destroys your shield, and has a nice platform to retreat to so Transformation 2 is even.

CS Transformation 1 is garbage for Sheik because it's sloped. Needles lose all their effectiveness on there, for one. For two the ledge structure makes it so that ledge trapping is 1000x worse. The advantage that you DO get on there is wall jumping, but it's not like Marth or MK won't just dtilt you anyways or use one of their **** *** aerials. Position of the platforms aren't that great either.

CS Transformation 2 is okay for Sheik. HOWEVER the flat part which is the BEST for Sheik in that stage is not as great vs. high aerial power characters like Marth and MK who can navigate from platform to platform just as fast as you can. You don't have the range OR options to counter a Marth constantly changing his horizontal movement patterns and just double jump airdodge DI away whenever you come up and you're about to get him with UAir or something. Sheik has to try and trick Marth or Metaknight, esp. from below. With Marth it's less of an issue since his Fair swings down and your Bair goes up and at him horizontal-northeast/west, so you're more likely to hit him, but it's still hard as **** given his excellent and amazing option of reverse shield breaker and decent airdodge/aerial mobility.

CS Transformation 3, tilting ruins needles, also makes escaping from juggle traps that much harder...grab traps on here are extremely ineffective unless the stage goes horizontal (since the stage will make it harder for you to move or they'll land sooner). Edges are okay, but tilting still makes it annoying as **** to escape from the edge. Not that great.

I've THOROUGHLY done thinking on this stage with Falco, with Sheik there's similar reasons to why its bad because all forms of her stage control are destroyed.

B. Needle camping doesn't work. I didn't even suggest it in my post, lmao. You can just avoid needle camping by proper shield spacing and jumping on platforms. You can throw needles all you want but as soon as Marth gets closer...Sheik has no real answer. She's got the tools to punish him though, which is why it isn't ****.

C. I come to Wisconsin maybe like once per YEAR and that's during Thanksgiving weekend or Spring Break. I don't know how likely I am to make it this year since I'm traveling a lot but if I ever see you I'll destroy you in a 2/3 1$, lol (I'm 16 and broke, whaddya know.)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Haha I used to live in WI. I've encountered hunger on multiple livestreams and I like to make fun of Sago/encourage him to come to Ohio because he got beat up by Infern's Snake real bad. I post in random threads sometimes because I like to procrastinate and stuff. Sorry if I'm bothering you guys XD; I'll leave if you wish.

I have no significant achievements in tournament, before you ask. I'm one of the last place people that get out of pools and then do bad in bracket because they're a 4th seed, and it's what you expect to happen since they get hard opponents.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL considering I don't own the game and I play it once a month, and not guaranteed to play it with good people either...I think I'm pretty good.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The most practical use for Sheik's DACUS is grabairreleasing Mk into a sweet spotted Usmash.

Or for Surprise, which I've rarely seen work.

Stage wise, just take him to FD, more room to needle camp and platforms won't get in the way with Grab-->DACUS.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
The most practical use for Sheik's DACUS is grabairreleasing Mk into a sweet spotted Usmash.

Or for Surprise, which I've rarely seen work.

Stage wise, just take him to FD, more room to needle camp and platforms won't get in the way with Grab-->DACUS.
Mk can shuttle loop out of it

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Mk can shuttle loop out of it
Your not doing it fast enough then.

I'm looking at frame data and it is 100% guaranteed from a GR if you do it right.

trust me, it work. Everyone Shiek vs MK debate involves this and is one of the main reasons MK avoids getting grabbed.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seems that my parnter from last time cant make it, so if anyone wants a doubles parnter give me a shoutout.

Also I believe now is as good a time as any to unveil my new sig...

Behold!

Top Bottom