• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/10/09 MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S) Racine, WI

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Grrr...:mad: "May the fuel of my anger, intensify my urge to be victorious!!!"

The title of this tournament series has been changed (from M.P.S/Most Powerful Shinobi). It's real title has been revealed...lolz

Okay here we go...

What: MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI TOURNAMENT :mad:

Where: Paul's Video Arcade 5564 Durand Ave # B268 Racine, WI 53406 (1-262-554-1660)

When: October 10th 2009

Why: Grrrr...:mad: BECAUSE I SAID SO!!! SHOW UP OR ELSE!!! :mad:

Games played at this tournament: SSBB Doubles/Singles, SSBM Singles, Mario Kart Wii, and Naruto Revolution 2.

What time does everything start? Casuals/Registration start at 10AM. First tournament(s) start at 11AM sharp. NO EXCUSES! NO WAITING! NO PROBLEM (you guys read it here first)! See "TOURNAMENT TIME SCHEDULE" for details.

Venue fee: Is $4

PLEASE NOTE:
If you bring a full setup (t.v/system/game), THAT WE USE FOR A TOURNAMENT, you only pay $1 for venue fee. Full setups brought come on a "first come first served basis". So get there early and register your setup to get that discount. We are also in a need of having folding chairs donated to the arcade for tournaments. So if you bring them in you will get $2 discount off the venue fee. If you bring chairs in with a full setup, you pay ABSOLUTELY ZERO venue fee.

Entry fee for tournament games:

- SSBB Doubles: $5 per team mate/$10 for team
- SSBB Singles: $5 (community voted and there were more votes for the $5 entry)
- SSBM: $5
- Mario Kart Wii: $2
- Naruto Revolution 2: FREE

* NOTE: The Mario Kart Wii and Naruto Revolution 2 will ONLY be ran if Dark Kakashi is present and willing to run the tournaments. I have to focus on getting the Smash tournaments done on time.

Tournament Time Scedule:

* 10AM sharp - Registration for ALL tournament games
* 11AM - SSBB Doubles Tournament/SSBM Singles starts

PLEASE NOTE:
* That we WILL RUN SSBB Singles as soon as SSBB Doubles is finished. So there is NO SET TIME when SSBB Singles will start. We guesstimate around 2:30pm (considering SSBB Doubles starts on time).

* 12:00 NOON - Mario Kart Wii Tournament starts

PLEASE NOTE:
* That we WILL RUN Naruto Revolution 2 as soon as the Mario Kart Wii tournament is finished.

Rules For Tournament Games:

* SSBB Singles

Format and Settings:
Double Elimination
3 Stocks, 8 minutes time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals Best 3/5 Matches
Items set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List:

Neutral:

Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Island

Counter Stage List

Halbert
Norfair
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium 1

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!! :mad:

Set format:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match

PLEASE NOTE:
Double blind character selection may be called for the first match if needed. A T.O will come and keep track of what characters are used by players.

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. (Who starts will be decided by playing SHANKING FIST aka RPS). Then each player will alternate striking a stage until there is 1 left. That stage is played first round. THERE IS NO RANDOM UNLESS AGREED UPON.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter pick of the set.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Additional Rules:
*Stalling is Banned!
*If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries inbetween your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.
*In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by playing SHAKING FIST.
*No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
*If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
*Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
*If a game ends with Bowser's Suicide Claw or Ganon's Arial Choke Slam the player who performed the move wins!!!
*You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
*Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. Also, deliberately avoiding any and all combat is stalling, where as jumping on and off the ledge doing an aerial at your opponent is simply spacing.

So with this said...

* King DeDeDe's/Any standing chain grab is banned.
* Marth's hold release infinite vs. Lucus/Ness is banned.
* You are ONLY allowed 50 planks (catch edge. release edge. repeat) a game.

* SSBB Doubles/SSBM Singles

* We are using standard SSBB Doubles and SSBM Singles tournament rules

* Mario Kart Wii and Naruto Revolution 2 tournament rules will be ANNOUNCED AT THE TOURNAMENT

PLEASE EVERYONE, BRING SET UPS FOR THE TOURNAMENT GAMES YOU WANT TO PLAY!!! CHAIRS WOULD BE NICE TOO...:mad:

Thanks!!! :bee:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No Norfair! D:

**** there goes Link's best cp stage.

Anyways I can guarantee a set-up for any of the above games, except Naruto. Option two is probably good for people to come, if turnout turns to 40-50+ then option 1 would be more acceptable.

My vote is option 2 unless turnout changes.

Wafles

Smash Lord
lmao amazing tourney thread

I'm coming.
Is there a lockin for this?

Edit: Is this Oct 24th, or Oct 10th? Title says 24th, post says 10th...

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
no lock in
tourney on 24th
fixed
hope u guys can make it.
japes added
planking is 50 (i think it's a dumb rule tbh lolz)
mansion banned
tourney must stay 24th

someone please post ssbm rules so i can add them to the first post.

mike/D_K: what mkwii and naruto rev 2 rules u wanna use?

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
no lock in
tourney on 24th
fixed
hope u guys can make it.
japes added
mansion banned
tourney must stay 24th

WTF MANSION BANNED D:<

You will pay for that decision >:O

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I guess I'll go to this as well. <3

I will try to bring people other than Jonathan... hopefully I get more, maybe I can for Rev 2. I'll try to bring some Brawl/Melee comp though.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Gimmah Some Rev Wii Emmm Kaaay Wii Rulez Biatch!!!!
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 Singles Rules

Double Elimination
Best 3/5 Rounds
Best 2/3 Matches
All Finals Best 3/5 Matches
Default Time - 90 Seconds
Damage Setting - 2
Stage Select - Random
Winner Can't Change Character
All Control Set-ups Allowed
If using Wiimote make sure to remove your batteries from Controller or you will be DQ if it interferes with another Tournament Match!

Banned:
All Hand Seals
Kabuto Banned

If I win Revolution 2 I will be distributing the winnings I get to the next 3 placers. I just want to support the scene not make money of it it. ^_^

Wafles

Smash Lord
Anyone who thinks mansion should be legal is a fool

ARTY. 5 Dollar Money match at this!
Actually we'll probably just meet in winner finals again. Go falco!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
no lock in
tourney on 24th
fixed
hope u guys can make it.
japes added
mansion banned
tourney must stay 24th

This and the infinites you banned.

Why?

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Wisconsin doesn't do planking anyways. Well except lone jedi :)
And Ewok. . .. Also, change the rule as to not 50 exactly, only if the timer is within one minute of finishing the rule should be applied, thats how it works in bigger tournaments i heard, also what if ur jsut edgeguarding alot, should only go to time/75 w/time

EDIT: BTW im winning rev 2 and MK WII, and webster i was going to make you a picture that said Webster, shaped by daisies on mach bikes or one with M.A.S. in daisies on mach bikes, which one you want?

Arty

Smash Lord
Arty, wanna team? =D
I'm gonna see if Ryzen is going. If not then sure... I'll let you know in a couple days... but If we do team double Falco has to happen :p

If we're gonna have a planking rule, why not make it 25-30 ledgegrabs.
And Moving the date earlier would be cool

Wafles

Smash Lord
I'm gonna see if Ryzen is going. If not then sure... I'll let you know in a couple days... but If we do team double Falco has to happen :p
Yes, Double Falco would definitely happen. Get back to me on this.

As for the date, Oct 10th would be wayyyy better, because then I can go to No Koast too.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
I'll come to this most likely, but I'll need a partner. Not sure if I wanna do singles lol.

Anyone wanna team? >:3

Top Bottom