• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I'm off, expect to see this on 200 pages when I return.

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
expect this about 11pm EST, im guessing.

remember, 14 hour time difference between the East coast and japan, plus, they dont recognize daylights savings time.

BUM163

Smash Lord
right now sakurai laughin in hiz chair that motha sucka.he did the kilk from soul calibur-[puts the pole between our legs n hit us where we get extra happy n while we down on the floor he says........I GOT U]

DSB

Smash Apprentice
Can't they ****ing include a convential clock countdown instead of a vague day based one ?

Zodiac

Smash Master
Alright guys we on the pacific coast have to wait until 8:00 pm tonight for japan of tomorrow to reach noon.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Remember that afternoon means that 12 is the MINIMUM amount of hours we will have to wait. Its all the more likely that we will wait about 15 or something...

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Current local tim1e in Japan: 12:23 AM on Tuesday, May 22
What do you mean 12 hours longer to wait?if anything japan was awake before all of us here!

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
expect this about 11pm EST, im guessing.

remember, 14 hour time difference between the East coast and japan, plus, they dont recognize daylights savings time.
Daylight savings time is for the whole world. It's for farmers so they can get more hours in when it's daylight.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Daylight savings time is for the whole world. It's for farmers so they can get more ours in when it's daylight.
Wrong. It is not worldwide, nor is it for farmers. They get up when the sun does, changing the clock doesn't affect them at all.

CPB&

Smash Cadet
I can sense.....you are an NSider.
I can also sense that you don't play competitive smash.
I can also sense that you should GTFO *****
1. Nope
2. Yeah, I play on stages other than Final Destination.
3. I'm sticking around for the lulz.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Why isn't there any warnings or ban gave ? We know for sure the website won't launch right now but there still is pages and pages of hatred for no reasone except spam. Plus, there might be a new topic created as soon as we will gather all the new information displayed on smashbros.com

For everybody's sake, just lock this thread until the website IS launched.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Apparently not as many people read the news as I thought.

A couple threads were made, as well as a good chunk of posts, dedicated to finding out and proving if the "12 hour extension" were true. In reality, it isn't a 12 hour extension since an official time was never said. People just assumed that the site would open at 12 AM Japan time. NO EXACT TIME WAS EVER GIVEN. Since the site updated at midnight, people assumed the site itself would update at midnight Japan time, about an hour ago.

That was wrong. For everyone wondering "wtf no info it's broke" try looking for the threads/posts showing the information about the "extension." The western side of the world, USA included, is not the center of the universe. The world does not revolve around the west, it's just a part of the world. Knowing this, and knowing the site was being developed in Japan, common sense should kick in "Why would the site update at midnight in Japan?"

Makes sense to me why there's another 12ish hour wait. Release the site when your own nation is awake, not in the dead of night. Sure, some countries/continents get screwed over, but it is being released to coincide with Japan. So, there's the answer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Guys it's in the middle of the night atm in Japan... I don't expect news in less than 13 hours...

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Why isn't there any warnings or ban gave ? We know for sure the website won't launch right now but there still is pages and pages of hatred for no reasone except spam. Plus, there might be a new topic created as soon as we will gather all the new information displayed on smashbros.com

For everybody's sake, just lock this thread until the website IS launched.
Mostly because giving warnings when the website is crawling doesn't help. I started to, but when you have to go through 3 pages to give a warning, then another 3 pages for the response PM, it's better to just let everyone seethe in one topic for a little while.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
**** i have to wait till 8pm for the site to open but im at school right now then i have night school which ends at 6pm so 2 hours from then the site will open so i guess i'll watch a movie or play smash for 2 hrs :D

Freedoves

Smash Cadet
Plus, it's only video game news. Let's go have lives for a while, then come back and check. Ten bucks it's just the release date (which I think is the only news worth having). Vamoose!

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Our Sakurai,
Director in Japan,,
Halbred be thy plane.

Thy site be done,
teh noob clocks run,
all Earth as it is in Japan,

give us this day for daily thread,
and forgive us our wavedashes,
as we forgive those who wavedash against us,
and lead this day into information,
or may 60 ice climbers wobble you to 999%
or else you'll be swallowed by your son,
Kirby Christ,
and walked off the ledge.

RAMEN

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
The reactions in this thread are priceless.

As I (and others) was posting all last night, Nintendo's Japanese site specifically says the site will be updated in the afternoon. This could mean right at noon or it could mean later.

Mars-

Smash Champion
You guys need to realize it takes more then five minutes to upload a site. They are probably putting up all the other pages first, then changing the front page.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
"Starting Today"

*kecks undies*

The odour smells of "I actually can't wait". This will (hopefully) be worth the time i've wasted staring at the big, bold, multichromatic numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom