• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 1.1.6 Patch Notes/Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luig

Confused
I got my hands on the 1.1.6 files, and I'm messing around with it. I do think that bayo mains are going to find some new things, but I'm pretty sure most of her zero deaths are gone. At least all the ones that involve downwards afterburner kick.

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
I mean, this is the first time we got this loud and far with a ban since:metaknight:

The big changes are dABK angle, Witch Twist SDI and Witch Twist(2) kbg. All the rest is extra

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'm a little sad that Witch Time wasn't changed, but I'll certainly not complain about this one.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Witch Time is still the best counter in the game (and then some); her having the entirety of her kit also be very very very well above the norm/average was what highlighted witch time's extemes; something like "she gets ALL OF THAT and Witch Time too?"

She can likely still get amazing witch time combos despite all the changes, and still has an up smash that will kill you from it at around 80%.
She needs something good, and I suppose that was Nintendo's decision for what should stay very good.

9B Ryu hype though~

Last edited:

Charoite

Smash Journeyman
Witch Time is still the best counter in the game (and then some); her having the entirety of her kit also be very very very well above the norm/average was what highlighted witch time's extemes; something like "she gets ALL OF THAT and Witch Time too?"

She can likely still get amazing witch time combos despite all the changes, and still has an up smash that will kill you from it at around 80%.
She needs something good, and I suppose that was Nintendo's decision for what should stay very good.

9B Ryu hype though~
Witch time only works if the character has big damage and is fresh, this is ignoring that aside from smashes, she now needs reads to kill not only that,her kill confirm in D-tilt to up-air became worse, and even if WT is the best counter is punishable, not to mention that her horizontal combos got hit too because of fair, and her damage output is much worse.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Witch time only works if the character has big damage and is fresh, this is ignoring that aside from smashes, she now needs reads to kill not only that,her kill confirm in D-tilt to up-air became worse, and even if WT is the best counter is punishable, not to mention that her horizontal combos got hit too because of fair, and her damage output is much worse.
Let's not forget there are some moves that aren't single hit either, which the counter could be countered in the end.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I think all of these nerfs are more than deserved. At least until I see it in action an am proven wrong. Bayo did better in tourneys in her first week than most characters have done in the whole lifetime of Smash 4. Her 0-death combos, amazing recovery, Witch Time, Witch Twist that pretty much beats everything, easy set-ups... I'm so glad this happened.

Now I'm really curious about how much this SDI change will affect her Twist combos. Also that video of the knockback/angle change on her downwards Twist was... surprising. Looking forward to see her in action now.

Yeagerzard

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gojira1999
Switch FC
SW-3342-8188-7804
User was warned for this post
From the 1.1.6 Bayo scripts @A_Kae provided:

:4bayonetta2:
  • Dtilt
    • Hitbox sizes 3.5 -> 2.8
  • Fair
    • Hit 1 damage 3.8 -> 3
    • Hit 2 damage 2.8 -> 2.2
    • Hit 3 KBG 82 -> 68, x1.2 frame speed multiplier added to frame 29 (presumably means 1f later autocancel/2f later FAF, but these don't always translate to ingame as expected)
  • Dair landing
    • KBG 140 -> 135
  • Afterburner Kick
    • All hitboxes: SDI multiplier 1 -> 2
    • Early hit KBG: 40 -> 50
    • Middle hit KBG: 30 -> 38
    • Late hit KBG 100 -> 112
  • Afterburner Divekick
    • Damage 8 -> 6.5
    • Angle 80° -> 60°
    • Hitbox size 6.5 -> 4.5
    • SDI multiplier 1 -> 2
  • Afterburner Divekick landing
    • SDI multiplier 1 -> 2
  • Witch Twist
    • All hitboxes: SDI multiplier 1 -> 2
    • Early middle hit
      • Upper hitbox KBG/WKB 100g/160w -> 97g/140w
      • Upper hitbox Ypos 24 -> 21
      • Both hitbox sizes 8 -> 7
    • Middle middle hit
    • Late middle hit
      • Lower hitbox WKB 160 -> 135
    • Last hit (first use)
      • KBG/BKB 105g/50b -> 80g/55b
      • Hitbox size 9 -> 8.5
      • Y'pos 20 -> 19
    • Last hit (second use)
      • KBG 30 -> 50
      • Hitbox size 9 -> 8.5
      • Y'pos 20 -> 19
THE NERFS R SO WORTH IT!!!!! The reign of Bayonetta has ended!!!

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Reminder that when people datamined the Cloud patch it only had a few of Cloud's voice clips and only one of the two mii costumes, and no balance changes... Until the actual full patch was released later on, after the direct. This might not be the end.
So is it still entirely possible that there could be more character changes when the patch actually drops on Wii U/3DS?

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
So is it still entirely possible that there could be more character changes when the patch actually drops on Wii U/3DS?
Well if the file sizes would be relatively the same 60 or so megabytes, on BOTH versions no less, then there has to be other character balance changes. I mean, the re-arranging of one character's moveset should be nearly nothing at all, and if the patch is at least 40 or so megabytes large on the 3DS version, then it's bound to be more characters.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Well if the file sizes would be relatively the same 60 or so megabytes, on BOTH versions no less, then there has to be other character balance changes.
So basically, what you are saying is, judging by how big Nintendo stated the patch size was, there has to be more than just Bayonetta changes?

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I think the reason they didn't nerf Witch Time it's because they want us to use it more. I mean, her neutral is quite lacking, she's based on reads and the move compensate for guessing right or reading Your opponent over extending.
However, I guessed ABK angle nerf long time ago. We'll see how Bayonetta metagame will evolve from here.

Byzantium97

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicFireFlash77
It's unlikely but we won't know for sure until the patch is out. It seems a bit silly to me to create an entire new patch just to nerf one character, but Nintendo has done stranger things before.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
It's unlikely but we won't know for sure until the patch is out. It seems a bit silly to me to create an entire new patch just to nerf one character, but Nintendo has done stranger things before.
Like adding Corrin into the game.

Anyways, if the file size of the game on both versions stand-alone is relatively the same, then surely there's more than Bayonetta changes.

Last edited:

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
While Witch Time hasn't been directly nerfed, it's less efficient now at low % because WT and ABK could kill at low % combined with Witch Time at that time.

Now it will really be useful only when you're at kill % against smash attacks

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm starting to think she was nerfed too much.

Not much of what was fun about her in the first place.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I'm starting to think she was nerfed too much.

Not much of what was fun about her in the first place.
Hey guess what. It's called balance.
It's what makes the gap between the top and bottom tiers shorter and shorter every day.
Unless your :4jigglypuff: this little ****.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey guess what. It's called balance.
It's what makes the gap between the top and bottom tiers shorter and shorter every day.
Unless your :4jigglypuff: this little ****.
Yeah, but good balance keeps the fun parts of the character while toning them down.

Bayonetta no longer has her fun parts.

AkiraGr

Smash Cadet
NNID
AkiraGr
3DS FC
3480-2533-5239
Good job people,,, I am going back to play casual again after this patch. The developers balance team proved that cared about social media outrage rather than push the crybabies to get good at the game... Pretty sad that my favorite character got destroyed because of witch hunts.

One patch to destroy one character... Is this what new players enjoy today... Cripple the gameplay of a character because of mob mentality on the internet.

Whatever rocks your boat.

DABK got destroyed, a command input special, which other character kill with one backthrow(unavoidable) like Ness.

Witch twist nerfed because people can not SDI properly so let's destroy the move by not combo anymore with more knockback and raise the SDI multiplier for even slowpokes get away with it.

Dtilt add frame because it started combos, which resulted in a fair, let's remove them...

Reduce hitbox, reduce damage...

I should ask my money back because this character is now broken...

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
User was warned for this post
Good job people,,, I am going back to play casual again after this patch. The developers balance team proved that cared about social media outrage rather than push the crybabies to get good at the game... Pretty sad that my favorite character got destroyed because of witch hunts.

One patch to destroy one character... Is this what new players enjoy today... Cripple the gameplay of a character because of mob mentality on the internet.

DABK got destroyed, a command input special, which other character kill with one backthrow(unavoidable) like Ness.

Witch twist nerfed because people can not SDI properly so let's destroy the move by not combo anymore with more knockback and raise the SDI multiplier for even slowpokes get away with it.

Dtilt add frame because it started combos, which resulted in a fair, let's remove them...

I love the tears. Cry moar.

These bayo nerfs seem really big not really sure what the character is supposed to do now.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
...and here's the knee-jerk "my character sucks now!" reaction that happens after every nerf.
I'm also 90% sure you're going to get a warning/infraction because of rule 3.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven

If you view it from the non bayo mains side it's not fun to play a character that has guaranteed kills. Like people in my region say, " I'm fine losing to the player, but when a character carries someone so hard, I'm losing to the character, not the player." There's a difference between skills and pressing three buttons.

Last edited:

valtykeaton

Smash Cadet

There's 57 other characters for you to play around with if this slaughter of a nerf is too much for you to handle. Alternatively you can be like most character loyalists and stick it out through this nerf and push the new Bayonetta meta.

Last edited:

OFY

Sonic main since 08'

This is not unique to smash. Other fighting games like MVC3 had Sentinel nerfed because of public outcry. Even more recent is MKX nerfing DLC characters as a result of the public outcry. This patch will destroy old Bayo, but it will force players who want to keep playing her to adapt and advance the meta for her, like many other characters who have fallen to the nerf predicament.

Schnizzle Fits

Smash Cadet
If you view it from the non bayo mains side it's not fun to play a character that has guaranteed kills. Like people in my region say, " I'm fine losing to the player, but when a character carries someone so hard, I'm losing to the character, not the player." There's a difference between skills and pressing three buttons.
Clearly none of them ever played Brawl. It was just something you had to adapt to.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I can remember last patch when people were losing their **** over Sheik's nerfs, stating she is no longer a relevant character any more. Sure, they removed her arguably most dominating trait (her 50/50), but after a week or so, people discovered that actually, Sheik is still a good character.

I think it's far too early to assume Bayonetta is no longer relevant.

However, I use Bayonetta myself, and judging from first impressions, it looks like these changes could have a rather big impact on her. Again, I'll re-iterate "first impressions", but this doesn't look like it will end up like Diddy or Sheik's nerfs where they remain some of the most dominant characters in the game. It could be a Luigi situation, where the character goes from one of the best, to just a solid character. I can't wait to see what people come up with.

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
Well if the file sizes would be relatively the same 60 or so megabytes, on BOTH versions no less, then there has to be other character balance changes. I mean, the re-arranging of one character's moveset should be nearly nothing at all, and if the patch is at least 40 or so megabytes large on the 3DS version, then it's bound to be more characters.
Like i said, the patch doesn't just contain changed files. that's not how their system works. If a single fighter is changed, they must include ALL current fighter moveset files. If a single stage is changed they must include ALL current stages. even if the others haven't been touched at all.

Im not saying they couldn't add more later, im just saying that the patch doesn't just contain bayos files. it contains pretty much every file that was changed last patch too. The patch download itself for just the localized files is actually 208 mb. That's far past their 60 MB. So size of the patch doesn't really disprove much at the current junction

Petroklos

Smash Cadet
Good, I can finally play Bayo without feeling covered with cheese. Still hoping for some more changes, especially low tier buffs.

As for the 3DS' larger patch size, it might be textures and/or models for optimization.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Before all the patches began, Sakurai said he hadn't intentions to do balance patches, unless something broken was discovered and that necessary patch would have fixed only that problem.
Then they instead did several nalance patches, but probably in their intention 1.1.5 had to be the last. So a last "fix-the-broken-character" patch (and not a real and complete balance patch) would be perfectly fine and fitting with their vision.
In this case I guess we won't have further patches later, for the WiiU&3DS version.

But let's wait and see! Maybe surprisingly there will be other characters adjustements in 1.1.6

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
The ride never ends, does it? Welcome to the official thread for version 1.1.6. This thread not only contains the patch notes, but also the discussion for it.

Because the only changes made in this patch are to Bayonetta, we do not feel it is necessary to have a separate thread for patch notes and patch discussion. The changes to Bayonetta will be catalogued here.

Previous Patch Notes:
1.1.5 - March Update
1.1.4 - February Update
1.1.3 - December Update

Character | Last (CDT) | Changes | Progress
:4bayonetta: Bayonetta | 02:00|
  • Dtilt:
    • Hitbox Size: 3.5 -> 2.8
    • FAF: 36F -> 38F
  • Fair:
    • First Hit Damage: 3.8 -> 3
    • Second Hit Damage: 2.8% -> 2.2%
    • Third Hit:
      • KBG: 82 -> 68
      • Autocancel Frame: 32> -> 33>
      • FAF: 36 -> 37
  • Dair Landing Hit KBG: 140 -> 135
  • After Burner Kick:
    • Upwards Kick:
      • All Hitboxes SDI Multiplier: 1 -> 2
      • Early Hit KBG: 40 -> 50
      • Normal Hit KBG: 30 -> 38
      • Late Hit KBG: 100 -> 112
    • Divekick:
      • Damage: 8% -> 6.5%
      • Angle: 80° -> 60°
      • Hitbox Size: 6.5 -> 4.5
      • SDI Multiplier: 1 -> 2
  • Witch Twist:
    • All Hitboxes SDI Multiplier: 1 -> 2
    • Early Middle Hit:
      • Upper Hitbox:
        • KBG: 100 -> 97
        • WKB: 160 -> 140
        • Hitbox Y Position: 24 -> 21
      • Both Hitbox Sizes: 8 -> 7
    • Middle Middle Hit:
      • Upper Hitbox Y Position: 24 -> 21
    • Late Middle Hit:
      • Upper Hitbox Y Position: 24 -> 21
      • Lower Hitbox WKB: 160 -> 135
    • Last Hit (First Use):
      • KBG: 105 -> 80
      • BKB: 50 -> 55
      • Hitbox Size: 9 -> 8.5
      • Hitbox Y Position: 20 -> 19
    • Last Hit (Second Use):
      • KBG: 30 -> 50
      • Hitbox Size: 9 -> 8.5
      • Hitbox Y Position: 20 -> 19
| 90%
There is no way in hell people will whine about Bayonetta now, and I'm happy with that.

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075

Or you know, you could just find more combo's with your main and actually get better with her. This patch shouldn't be a reason to drop your character. Actually go back in the lab and git gud.

RedMarf78

Smash Cadet
Welp, another character potentially down the the drain. Personally I don't feel that nerfs this massive were necessary but I'm not surprised given the track record of the balancing team.

Silvanus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Silvanus92

RIP BAYONETTA :)

No buffs for mid/low tiers? Too bad :(

I think 1.1.6 is the last patch.

Last edited:

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
Welp, another character potentially down the the drain. Personally I don't feel that nerfs this massive were necessary but I'm not surprised given the track record of the balancing team.
This makes it sound like the balance teams track record is bad. I STRONGLY disagree with that notion

RedMarf78

Smash Cadet
This makes it sound like the balance teams track record is bad. I STRONGLY disagree with that notion
Sorry for making them sound worse than they are but you have to agree that they've definitely made some questionable choices in the past (nerfing Dedede's air speed for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom