• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 1.1.6 Patch Notes/Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
No Bayonetta can't be it. Call me crazy or something, but 1.0.6 had 42 megabytes of changes for a variety of characters. One character can't simply be worth 60+ megabytes!

1.0.6 was 42 mb and it featured a plethora of changes, so to say that Bayonetta could be the only character could be misinformation!

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_updates_(SSB4)/1.0.6_changelog
I mean look at this monster! Bayonetta's changes aren't even a third of this!
RTB ran a diffchecker on all the files in the game and Bayonetta's files were the only one that showed up with differences.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Bayo changes are in OP.

Flebale

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flebale
Don't forget everyone who needed nerfs
*cough*Rosalina*cough*
Nah Rosalina is fine in my eyes. She has a strong defensive game but a small mistake will mess her up. I just wanted to see characters with lesser options get buffed/fixed.

Blue-Mage

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4785-5688-3636
Not to sound like I don't appreciate Payonetta getting unbelievably nerfed, but where exactly is this info coming from if the patch hasn't even been released yet?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Not to sound like I don't appreciate Payonetta getting unbelievably nerfed, but where exactly is this info coming from if the patch hasn't even been released yet?
The files are on the server, which was datamined.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I was under the impression a simple datamine couldn't give such elaborate information. Was I wrong? This all seems a little hard to believe before the patch has even been released.

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
No Bayonetta can't be it. Call me crazy or something, but 1.0.6 had 42 megabytes of changes for a variety of characters. One character can't simply be worth 60+ megabytes!

1.0.6 was 42 mb and it featured a plethora of changes, so to say that Bayonetta could be the only character could be misinformation!

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_updates_(SSB4)/1.0.6_changelog
I mean look at this monster! Bayonetta's changes aren't even a third of this!
It's because the way the patch system works. patches don't only contain updated files. it contains ALL stage files, ALL character files, etc etc. if a single char's moveset file was changed, ALL char moveset files are in the patch even though they're untouched

But yes it is indeed just bayo i ran diffs on the whole patch myself to confirm what RTB said. The only other thing changed was that they decompressed a few files in palutena's temple and stadium

Last edited by a moderator:

Luig

Confused
I was under the impression a simple datamine couldn't give such elaborate information. Was I wrong? This all seems a little hard to believe before the patch has even been released.
long story short, basically the patch is up on the nintendo update servers, so you can access it, but not through a wii u, as they can't download it yet.

Megalopunny3

Smash Cadet
If Nintendo knows people datamine why do they put it on their server? Idk this just seems kinda fishy, or I don't wanna believe it's just Bayo

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
If Nintendo knows people datamine why do they put it on their server? Idk this just seems kinda fishy, or I don't wanna believe it's just Bayo
Can't avoid it, it HAS to go onto the servers ahead of time so they can launch it. Blame how Nintendo runs their patches.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
User was warned for this post
Well it finally shut the babies up from complaining but this man is really sad.

Didn't even place in Top 8 multiple times, hasn't won a major, at most dominated the Top 32 and has bad results and got nerfed HARD.

I still say this fanbase is babies but atleast the 0-Death is gone and I can finally play Bayonetta without the SDs and crying and the mean looks

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
All of the patch notes threads up to this one have been done entirely through datamining. And every single time, they put the update on their servers before the update actually drops. sometimes it's only an hour or few before drop. you can use my moveset editor to diff them the same as everyone else is if you don't believe it matey

Megalopunny3

Smash Cadet
All of the patch notes threads up to this one have been done entirely through datamining. And every single time, they put the update on their servers before the update actually drops. sometimes it's only an hour or few before drop. you can use my moveset editor to diff them the same as everyone else is if you don't believe it matey
I believe you but I don't wanna believe it. Good for the game balance wise, but I also wish other characters were changed. Oh well can't have everything

Last edited:

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Witch Twist:
All hitboxes SDI multiplier: 1 -> 2
The thing is, this alone might have actually been enough for at least the competitive scene, but the remaining wall of nerfs strongly indicates they wanted to make sure absolutely no one has anything left to complain about.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
I'm copying the 1.1.6 patch files to my sd. I'll mess around with it and try to get some data on her new side b and when it combos. I'll just test on mario.

What's FSM?
frame speed modifier. It controls how fast 1 frame of an animation goes by.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
She got MK/Luigi'd hard, see you in the next world Bayo users.

Scratch that she got no buffs as compensation.

Last edited:

FightingPolygon

Smash Cadet
NNID
MasterGames1975
3DS FC
1246-8764-0707
Reminder that when people datamined the Cloud patch it only had a few of Cloud's voice clips and only one of the two mii costumes, and no balance changes... Until the actual full patch was released later on, after the direct. This might not be the end.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is almost too much.

Goodness, I guess this is what happens when people don't shut up about something.

Spikezillian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spikezillian
I'm pleased to see that Bayo was nerfed, as yes, I do think she was very difficult to deal with.

But when are we going to get a G&W, Duck Hunt or Jiggs buff? (A relevant buff, mind you. Unlike Duck Hunt's previous buff, KBG increase for smashes that still barely connect)

Last edited:

Megalopunny3

Smash Cadet
Reminder that when people datamined the Cloud patch it only had a few of Cloud's voice clips and only one of the two mii costumes, and no balance changes... Until the actual full patch was released later on, after the direct. This might not be the end.
There is hope?!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
We will hand out large infractions and/or temporary bans to those who stifle this process of patch note exploration & future patch discussion.
Some examples include, but are not limited to:
1. Posting false changes or future patch news, good intentions or not.
2. Asking if anything has changed when the patch notes are there for you to read.
3. Immature behaviour and complaining over the patch changes.
Reminder this thread isn't for posting reaction images/gifs/memes, rants, or otherwise goading people on with "your tears/salt" posts.

This includes people replying to posts the violate any of the above.

Luig

Confused
The SDI multiplier nerf to witch twist seems really significant. You can really mess up her spacing.
DABK doesn't combo into anything until around 150 if they di in.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Bayo will still be fine though.

She's got some nice tools.

I just hope that some of her old combos still work.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
I'm surprised they didn't touched Witch Time.

But yeah, it's labbing time for Bayo mains once the patch is out, I'm sure she still have tricks.

Though should be more fun (to put it that way) to battle against her.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Any changes for lucario?
So far, the patch only applied changes to Bayonetta and some stage elements. No other character was changed. Also, your avatar is way off center.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The fair3 FSM seems to be resulting in the autocancel and FAF both being 1 frame later.

FAF: 36 -> 37
Autocancel: 32> -> 33>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom