• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

06/20/09 - SC Bi-weeklies - TRC!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
The Right Controller

This tournament is dedicated to TRC—since he's leaving us—and also, to all of those who have either lost, or left a tournament without the right controller.

Why is it so hard to keep up with your own controller? Mine is able to slide snugly into my pocket, why can't you make yours fit? Why do you take that custom green one with neon blue strobe lights, when you know the one you came with was silver? Or was it black? You can't remember, doesn't matter, though—all is fair game when you suffer from TRC.

*sigh*

I, too, am a victim, as well as a suspect of TheRightController Syndrome. This past weekend at TRC's final tournament, I lost two controllers... but, when I got home, I noticed TRC's was in the cupholder of my car. How do these things happen?! Who put that there?!

Points of Interest:

#1 -- No spectators, space is limited. Don't bring your homies if they're not competing.
#2 -- There will be a door fee of $1! This is to keep the non-playing homie count down, so everyone will be paying.
#3 -- I will be providing drinks and snacks, which people will be able to purchase. Since I'm not trying to make money, they'll be cheap—like a dollar for chips & a drink, or something.
#4 -- TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF!

2025-H Miller St. -- Apt. H
Lancaster, SC 29720

Schedule:

Registration starts at 11:00 a.m. -- run late and risk not being in the tourney. Call me if you're going to be late, or else I'll assume you're not coming.

Brawl doubles — 4:00 p.m.
Brawl singles — 5:00 p.m.

Fees:

—$1 door fee.

—$5 for singles.

—$10 for doubles ($5 each).

Prizes:

Singles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Doubles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Rules:

~BRAWL~

Double elimination.
3 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.
All items are off, no smash balls.
MK is banned.

Stage Selection:

Neutral

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter picks

Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium I
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd

Banned

ALL OTHER STAGES

Additional Rules for Single's Play-

- Any games ending in time running out will be decided by stock and then percents.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on unless agreed upon by their opponent.
- If a game ends in a Bowsercide (Kirby, Dedede, Ganon, etc.), the sudden death will be ignored and the match will go to the player who initiated the move.
- If two players meet twice during a double elimination bracket, then the second set will be best of seven continuing on with the previous set. Finals are excluded, best of five remains.
- Double blind character pick may be called before the start of the first match of a set.
- First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed above using the striking procedure.
- Advanced slob picks in effect.
- Dave's stupid rule in effect.
- At the start of each set, each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the duration of said—after character selection, but prior to a random stage being picked.

Additional Rules for Double's Play-

- Life Stealing is allowed.
- Team Attack is set to ON.

Notes:

If you get lost/need more information -- 803-235-8145.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
hm...mk banned...thanks for the heads up

I'll have to let the MK main in my crew know.

but if I'm off, count us (4-5) there.

TheGreatBo

Smash Apprentice
I, too I'm a victim of the TRC Syndrome, it was a Gray controller without rubber on d-stick and faded in the back. You know its sad day when you can't trust a fellow smash player!

last seen: Beside a TV and a Wii and someones nasty looking sandwich.

If found please call : www.smashboards.com.

P.S: I hate Meta Knight.

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
I've only been a victim of TRC once, and that was when he took advantage of me I took my friend's controller instead of my own by mistake. Luckily, it was an easy fix.
...What? Surpressed memories? Of course not, what are you talking about?

I'm planning on coming to this. Gotta check my work schedule. If I have work that day, I'm requesting off, screw that.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I've lost like 7 controllers this way. Sometimes I lose them at people's houses who are housing me. Who the hell would steal from the person's house who is doing them that favor? lol

Also, thieves in the smash community need to gtfo :[

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
So far, I have used the same controller at every tournament, and I always keep it in one hand. Occasionally, my Pichu doll is in the other hand. Both of them are so important to me that I don't let them go.

Sadly, I can no longer use the controller that has been faithful to me since the first Gamer's Edge tournament that I've been to due to C-stick troubles.

I'm not gonna be able to come to this, as much as I want to. Sorry guys.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
okay i am a victim of TRC syndrome. its a silver controller with a black X on the back.

if found please send pm.

thank you.

also does anyone know who i get in touch with about getting my name changed?

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Yay told me that Kevin had his changed for him.

Something about hacking smashboards from an alternate IP address through a backdoor, or something.

Oh, did I mention he did that from his car, while orbiting Mars, because he modded it so that it can withstand space travel.

Kevin's a pretty cool dude.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
i actually saw yays old profile on the MARF thread. haha.

but bo was telling me something about messaging an admin and getting it changed.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I heard he didn't stop with the sword.

He's the one that gave him wings, too.

**** you, Redbull, you ain't got **** on Kevin.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he's always been banned at these.

Ever find out if you guys left with extra controllers?
no, every controller we have are the ones we left with...=/

except...

okay i am a victim of TRC syndrome. its a silver controller with a black X on the back.

if found please send pm.

*sends PM*

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
SUCCESS.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(the sound of Dudley dying in SF3 3rd Strike)

anyone else find it funny I named my tourney "Corkscrew Blow" (Dudley's super) yet we didn't even have SF3 played at all the entire time? har har har

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So.... i got the 13th AND the weekend of Your tourney off Devin!!!

So... hit me up bout transport. Im goin to both...

ADAM?!?!?!

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
jman can get my seat, im being forced into a trip i want no part of. ill see you guys late july.

im sorry but ill be missing my summer of smash.... =[

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
No Snap

No

You Can't Go

I Won't Let You

Who Else Am I Gonna Sing "i'm On A Boat" With!? ;____;

EDIT: What the hell? That was in all caps o_o;

Top Bottom