• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

06/20/09 - SC Bi-weeklies - TRC!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
No, I'm not going to North Carolina, that'd be an even longer drive for me, because I'd have to drive an hour to pick you up, turn around, drive 2 hours to Charlotte, turn around drive 2 hours to take you back home, then another hour before I could get in my bed.

The Director

Smash Lord
Just to put my two cents into all this since Brandon asked last night...

I will def. NOT be going to Charleston this Saturday for Smash. This weekend is my first time off (sans being sick) since like, the middle of April, and the last thing I want to do is drive 3 hours to get my *** kicked at Smash.

Now if somebody wants to come to my place to drink and play Smash Saturday night, that might be possible... :chuckle:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Just throwing it out there... but I belive Adam and JMan are good for Saturday :)

If adam gets a new whip... He's driving. If not, im trying to get Neydi (Marlene's older sister) to drive marlene to work Sat so i can take our car.

But uh... if the turnout is going to be THIS poor... why not go to the NC tourney??? its like an hr from Rock Hill, right??? No BACKTRACKING and nonsense, but... is it not HELLA closer??

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I mentioned this tourney to you like 50 times.
And i think Dr. PP told me this tourney is melee only.

Edit: the one in Charlotte is melee only.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
My name stays

I play Brawl, I play Sonic, and iI'm in my n region...

?For over a year, its been JMan8891, its my standard...

Drop it, or change yours. You are pestering like a butthurt child.

Srsly, stop it.

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Well, balls. It was brought to my attention that this falls on a Sunday as opposed to a Saturday. It doesn't matter much to me, but I'm sure my parents would not be very pleased with me missing church to go to a gaming tourney ><
Any chance we could either do this Saturday or move the time back on Sunday so I can attend?

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Nah, it's always been on the 21st.

Area, I'll be picking you up some time around 12'ish, so just make sure you're ready.

It's a three-hour drive, we split the gas money five way—if L' comes.

So, bring ten bucks, five for there, five for back—it might not even cost that much, if it doesn't, yay for you!

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
OH LAWD! i gotta take money out the bank :( and i live in the boonies i'll try and get a ride to Mario's house but proally wont one back

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Nah, I can pick you up on the way.

I'm hoping Mario will stay over here the night before, I don't want to have to pick both of you up.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
well you going to come to my house?

If so cool.

Edit: i wont be doing dubz. too much money

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Jman is cool ****. he deff knows to much bout sonic.

But that oli grab **** just ***** sonic OH LAWD

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Jman is cool ****. he deff knows to much bout sonic.

But that oli grab **** just ***** sonic OH LAWD
Quoted for truth....

It wrecked my **** pretty fierce... worse than ANYONE has EVER done to me...

i had to really re-evaluate myself after that tonight.... i SHOULD have got 3 stocked it was so bad... Sonic literally had no answer...

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
None

Oli was talking to his pikmins while he was ****** you.

Oli: hey um you guys wanna watch this idiot?
Sonic: YOUR TO SLOW!!!
Oli: i am? why did you just get grabbed?

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
JMan, I didn't think you did that badly. =(

Your Sonic is pretty good, only one I've fought ofline, but still good nonetheless.

Hope we get to play again sometime. I guess I can help you more with Oli's grabs. =)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No... its literally one of Sonic's top 3 matchups... :(

Trust me.... i did realize what was going on. But your the first "camp" olimar i've seen. You space well, and make minimal mistakes to capitilize and punish upon. You did quite well.

However... your pivot grab increases your range, while simultaneously decreasing the lag.... all while slightly retreating. In a frame perfect world... i could at BEST either A:) Spin through and HOPE i spaced it so as the attack JUST misses the grab, read your DI properly, and combo off of it B:) Run in, and get grabbed (you can throw in another grab b4 i can close the distance, that, or throw a pikmin/punish me regardless... :/ or c:) try to ASC towards you, but then... its predictable: i'd eat more Usmash for jumping above you with Sonic's terrible aeiral speed and that is a COMMITTED aproach.. i can't quite cancel that junk... well... i can... but its still GRAB TO ****...

In effect.. .your pivot grab singley owns Sonic... he HAS to approach... and you can outcamp and pew pew dmg me till i do get close... and sonic is quite risky in the close range due to the pivot, and slower up close moves. BAD matchup... :(

Top Bottom