• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

05/24/09 - SC Bi-weeklies - BOHICA!

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, Dev @ subway...hahahaha-sorry lolz

ummmm DAM Jman your SUPER DEEP.....ummmm lolz

Crio, Crio, Crio and Jman -- $500 - $1600 WTF do you guys ****ing do to earn that kind of bill-age SHIZNIT!

Well now I officially feel like **** for comparing - I'm still a momma's boy, I guess I should enjoy it huh? I will for sure try!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yea, never take being pampered for granted, seriously....

when your own racist mother calls you an N***** and kicks you out as a sophmore, thats ****ty.

When your father kicks you out before you start ur senior year due to not wanting that responsibility, its ****ty

Needing to work 2 jobs and school full time sux balls... Kinna been my story since my senior year. Im poor, xD. And Marlene's school loans/car/rent/computer/credit cards/interent/anything else you can think that an average house/family has to pay, were paying. Btw, 1600 is lowballing like a mofo... food for thought...

And come fall when i start full time... i **** near will come close to bankruptsy/evicted for a good year till i can get situated financially again. Yep yep.

But yea... urs is bad too, xD. I at least have a wonderful fiancee to show for it :p

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I have a $300 car payment

two $50 a month school loans

A credit card that is owed like... 150 buckskies.

$180 a month due to car insurance + phone.

On top of those, I owe my sister and my mom both like... a thousand dollars.

I work at HomeGoods, as the bedding coordinator.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
i make 0 dollars a month.

i spend 20 of the 0 on smash tournaments....usually.

and then i spend 25 on phone bills.

then i spend 15 on wow.

something dosent add up. sauce.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
What?

It promotes camping—not to mention the by-chance advantage the fish god/river can give a player.

SBR doesn't even have it under Counter / banned. It's one of the few actual stages that promotes actual counterpicking. It is advantageous to a few characters, without at ALL making them broken. There's no reason at all to ban it.

but it's a terrible marth stage.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
but it's a terrible marth stage.
Ouch—cheap shots >_<"

I haven't played Marth since I banned JJapes, anyway, strictly D3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxgOkRyG3ho

The SBR isn't some governing body, there isn't anything they release that you must follow, everything is simply recommendations. They banned Corneria because the wing promoted camping, I banned JJapes because the outside platforms promote the same concept.

They banned Big Blue, but left JJapes—both of these stages have similar mechanics, minus the moving platforms and plus the clap-trap—but, which is worse? It's their opinion, and the things they release are just that, opinions, not laws.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No, i love jungle japes

ppl who kill almost exclusively vertically don't. I for one, love it. Lots of mindgame/death feats with the fish god/ under stage shennanigans. And its actually good for my main, as side KO's are simple enough, and i can survive forever there

I'd say unban, i didn't even know it WAS banned

Btw. anyone going to that tourney tom? Wherever it is??? For some odd reason, im off tomorrow, and if anyone's going, i may* go with/tag along/be the driver

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I love it when I play Pit (one of my new secondaries) But I mean, I don't really care fo stages besides neutrals, They are my favorites.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
crio do you think you could show me some cool SHDL ****? i mean i know how to do it standing still but i phantasam every ****ing time i try to do it. i mean really. i know how to laser lock too. just found out how to do that yesterday.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
It's almost completely about finger speed, especially on the left hand. Playing Falco in melee for some time helped enormously.

Turning, retreating SHDL, just remember your finger needs to either be off the analog stick or reset to the neutral position before you press B.

Like(AWESOMEDIAGRAMTIME111) <- X(Jump) ->, Release analog stick, b, b.

I'll show you some fun **** if I can make it to this.

edit: Laser lock is pretty pointless, because you'll rarely, if EVER pull it off in a match.

double edit: Actually, I lied, there is one really awesome way to do it, if the stage isn't banned.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
It's almost completely about finger speed, especially on the left hand. Playing Falco in melee for some time helped enormously.

Turning, retreating SHDL, just remember your finger needs to either be off the analog stick or reset to the neutral position before you press B.

Like(AWESOMEDIAGRAMTIME111) <- X(Jump) ->, Release analog stick, b, b.

I'll show you some fun **** if I can make it to this.

edit: Laser lock is pretty pointless, because you'll rarely, if EVER pull it off in a match.

double edit: Actually, I lied, there is one really awesome way to do it, if the stage isn't banned.
I can do that with Melee Fox. I practiced it so much that I turn Pikachu/Pichu's neutral B all the time without intending to. Five times out of four, it leads me to trouble.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I can do it with Falco but my timing is a bit off. Firstly: My lazzers usually go over my opponents head no matter who it is. Second, when I try to retreat SHDL I stop moving, other than that, my Falco is pretty solid.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Kack, i was trying to play you WI-Fi last night for hrs.. i think you deleted me. Add me again SON!!!

Second... everyone bailed on today. And im not driving 2 hrs for a 5 man brawl tourney, and risk over drafting without breaking even.

Can't wait till next sunday, xD

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Lol yeah I deleted you a couple months ago :p. I'll be on tonight and I'm adding you again.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Kack, i was trying to play you WI-Fi last night for hrs.. i think you deleted me. Add me again SON!!!

Second... everyone bailed on today. And im not driving 2 hrs for a 5 man brawl tourney, and risk over drafting without breaking even.

Can't wait till next sunday, xD
Well your just picky, I would ELIMINATE AND ERADICATE to go to a 5-man toruney!!!!

--But I agree with the overdraft part! lolz

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
i should be able to ACTUALLY come to this one :D
my B-Day is like a day before too so it'll be a good weekend.
also... is there any way that i could be allowed to smoke outside and play the tourney while high?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'll be able to get alot more actuve come the last few weeks of school. It's finally almost over.
@Jman, I'll be able to play you at like 4:00 PM-about 10PM If your on. But at 6:00 I have an online tourney to play in so that might take about an hour or two.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
yo Devin I think you left a black cord thingabob here, I'm coming to this thing so I'll bring it

melee or not I'll just come hang out with you guys

JMAN DIDN'T SHOW UP TO MY TOURNEY
SO I OWE HIM A YOUNG LINK BOOT TO THE FAAACCE
RAGE CAGE
:D

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Dude, I was just coming online to message you for that thing—I needs it bad, so don't forgets it.

In JMan's defense, we weren't going come either, but I forgot I told Snap he could ride with me.

So, he showed up at my door sometime after lunch and we sped all the way there—can't let my lazy ruin another man's Smash.

Top Bottom