• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(04/11) PANHANDLE SMASH: We're not GIGS! (Tallahassee, FL)(Brawl/Melee/TvC/SFIV)

Zone

Smash Champion
I know that I can't get off work for this but I will try coming anyways. I have work at 12:30 am so I may have to leave early if Melee goes on too long and I'm still in >.<.
Hopefully they'll make both events of melee first thing.

Also bring more albany pple with you this time :D

WOOT I'm coming to this
not that anyone cares >.>
HELL YES, LET ME GET SOME OF DAT SAMUS.

@Awal - Boy I'm entering singles with Rice and Green Mario there. No excuses :p Don't get better not playing. It's only 5 dollars! wtfack

@Reflex - Are you entering Melee? your bowser is ****.

Ruse

Fox
Rice's super Asian immune system will not be effected.

Rice can solve Pi while beating everyone in Tally with his feet.

Zone

Smash Champion
Rice's super Asian immune system will not be effected.

Rice can solve Pi while beating everyone in Tally with his feet.
Then I'll just have to hire Rambo, he's killed plenty of asians.

EDIT: PS I'm half asian myself >.>

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Hey Drew, can we knock off TvC and SFIV tournaments? We have enough problems finishing on time without them, and we're gonna have a huge amount of players this time and it'll only get worse.

I don't think there are enough people for a tournament anyway, but even if there are, it's gonna make it difficult to finish on time.

Also, Melee Singles definitely needs to follow Melee Doubles. Not only will melee kids have to sit through brawl doubles with nothing to do, but we'll have to sit through melee singles :S

not fun
Nope im not dropping em,, i already promised that they would be there and alot of people are looking forward to it. ANd the only reason that im iffy about moving melee is that what are the brawl players supposed to do during all that time plus it gives alot more people more time to travel for singles since we're starting sdo early.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY TOURNEY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE OM ME RATHER THAN POST IN THE THREAD! THANK YOU
!:)

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
I finally read this monstrosity! :p

I vote that we put the melee's together and the brawl's together because:
1) It makes melee players wait
2) It makes brawl players wait
3) It makes dual players have to rapidly change mindsets more than once
4) There are no advantages to having the way it currently is

My insignificant view on brawl infinites:
1) Chaingrabs, tech chases, grabs into moves into grabs, all are fine
2) Wall-infinites are fine, walls don't move and you know where they are
3) Ice Climbers infinites are fine
4) Laser/jab-locks are fine, they have difficult set-ups from what I understand (havn't seen them done in a match in person ever though)
5) Non-IC's standing grab infinites are stupid and should be banned. Just **** them with a move after the grab, no need for retardedness.
6) If any of 1-4 is really that gay, then prove it in tourny before *****ing for restrictions.

Also, I can't wait for this tourny, seems like a LOT of people are coming to this in spite of whobo

edit: lol@drew posting that while I'm posting, my bad

D_B_S

Smash Lord
The new Set up maybe.......

Melee Dubs

Melee Singles

Brawl Low TIer Tourney(Depending on Everyone Interest)

Brawl Doubles

Brawl SIngles

Crew battle if anyone wanna

Sf4 N TVC Friendlies will go on during all events

and If yall really want a tourney let Fluxxed Up Crew know

so maybe we can organize it During Low tier

THAT IS ALL

Please change the front page

Also we are working on the Time

So it can be it will suit out of towners

Can WAIT ITS GONNA BE ****TY BOO BOO NUTTY BREAD

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
@Reflex - Are you entering Melee? your bowser is ****.
If I have money. In the few times I've played it lately, I switched to my original (and I do mean ORIGINAL; back when the game came out) main, Doctor Mario, but I do still play Bowser and G&W. $5 shouldn't be hard to come by, so you should expect me to enter for fun. :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Double-post for tournament schedule stuff.

I would very much like a SFIV tournament, even though I'm bad at it.

And I would like a TvC tournament, even though I'm mediocre at it and haven't played it in ages.

A low-tier tournament for Brawl sounds cool as well, since I've never entered one before.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Yeah we want it also but when u look at it realistic like its **** near impossible

SO like While Brawl Low tiers going on TVC n SF4 might go on as a tourney

No promises

also

Melee Dubs $5
Melee Singles $5 I think..... I would prefer $10 so pl can benfit for actually putting there money in
Brawl Dubz $10 each (20 per team)
Brawl Singles $10

Low tier $5 (working on payout to be suitable)

House Fee $5 dollars

and we working on a little pop and soda stand

:D

LIVE STREAMING N NUDE *******

Also I believe we might have a mic

which will make me probably the annoucer and Im not sure if we can cuss
I never been to this place but if we can I welcome All Names

Lizard

Smash Ace
Whoa whoa whoa.....

Lets all talk about it outside of the thread.

I'll admit that this time, some changes need to be made, (and i know you don't mean any disrespect, D, as stated in your post)

While we do need to talk to Drew about possible changes, lets tackle them outside of the thread. Topics up for discussion....

1: Brawl and melee scheduling- Needs to be together to accommodate the players
2: Low Tier should be offered- Don't care if its just giving reflex money :laugh:
3: Brawl doubles needs to be 20$. Seibrik, Afro, and the others are traveling way too far to merit a 10$ doubles.
4: TvC and SF4 timing. Should they be offered after all of Brawl and Melee?

Any other topics are welcome for discussion, but this should have been done right the first time. I understand that it was rushed, but some of these problems just didn't make sense

No hate coming from any side of the debate.

We will update with any changes soon!

Lizard

Smash Ace
Well, it needs to be solved sooner than Sunday.

Lets all just get together, and get Drew on the phone?

Or use the Fluxxed up back room

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i think he meant 10 per person for doubles, which is 20 total. or at least i think he meant that

you could just hold like SFIV during Melee doubles or singles, and TVC during brawl doubles or singles. You really only need 1, maybe 2 setups for each, as it wont have that many entrants

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the 11pm+ finishing time for Brawl Singles ain't cool. I'd like more emphasis on a speedy tourney that moves through the whole thing quickly leaving an assload of time for friendlies afterward. Instead of the TO's playing friendlies for an hour delaying the start time. <____<;;

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the 11pm+ finishing time for Brawl Singles ain't cool. I'd like more emphasis on a speedy tourney that moves through the whole thing quickly leaving an assload of time for friendlies afterward. Instead of the TO's playing friendlies for an hour delaying the start time. <____<;;
This comment is lol . Dawg, we din play any friendlies in our last tournement until the tournament was over. please get ur facts right, it took too long because it was nicks house. it was xtremlly small, and we were tryng to figure stuff out, its not easy making 4 different brackets at the same time, when people arrive late, or are still setting up...and when we have to keep addin up people into diferent events since no one really gets there at the time its being asked, we allways wait for people who come from out of town, and if they say they are gona b 30 minutes late, and they are in a car with 5 people.. we are gona wait for them... im sorry ur mom wants u to be back by 11. but dawg we cant really be speedin things up that fast.

BTW the tournament was done at 10:30, i think u could have still made it home on time.

Im not posting anything back, please dont post anymore ilogical comments.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
OK guys here's whats going down,

As it says in the first post, the schedule is tentative, meaning that a final schedule is not finished, I was just putting somehting out there to give people an idea.

anyway, if you have a complaint about time, PM me, don't post here.

so just so everyone is clear GO WITH THE SCHEDULE ON THE FIRST PAGE FOR RIGHT NOW!

though brawl and melee will probably be switched up like people we're saying. its really hard to talk to people with a restricted internet time and all by myself in daytona, so thats why i haven't been able to do much or talk to anyone.

Also for those who are worried, TvC and SFIV matches don't take anywhere near as long as brawl matches, keep that in mind.

EDIT: what JSSN said!

KBM

Smash Ace
This comment is lol . Dawg, we din play any friendlies in our last tournement until the tournament was over. please get ur facts right, it took too long because it was nicks house. it was xtremlly small, and we were tryng to figure stuff out, its not easy making 4 different brackets at the same time, when people arrive late, or are still setting up...and when we have to keep addin up people into diferent events since no one really gets there at the time its being asked, we allways wait for people who come from out of town, and if they say they are gona b 30 minutes late, and they are in a car with 5 people.. we are gona wait for them... im sorry ur mom wants u to be back by 11. but dawg we cant really be speedin things up that fast.

BTW the tournament was done at 10:30, i think u could have still made it home on time.

Im not posting anything back, please dont post anymore ilogical comments.
maybe YOU didn't play friendlies buuuuuut.....

I totally agree with groceries. This is the tournament thread. let's talk about the tournament.

Sorry about that post that almost repeated what you said DBS, we posted at like, the same time.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Hmmmmm it seems like there are too many cooks in the kitchen. I'm getting mixed information from the 4 people who sound like they are in charge.

john john john john, wtf is this thread for? XD I suppose this thread is strictly for "I will 4stock you, get@me" hype and not for actual discussion. It is my opinion that if the current TO cannot log onto the thread frequently enough to keep things organized, then a new one should be assigned. Just sayin'
I vote to give DBS all the tournament power. With Steve and KBM as advisors.

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
I say Drew still keeps the tourney power, he's been doing a fine job as is. We just gotta stop QQing about the little things.

DBS and KBM as advisors sounds good and mehbeh some other peeps.

Top Bottom