• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0 Days US Brawl is Here!!! Free Brawl Desktop Countdown! Updated 2x Daily.

The Director

Smash Lord
Well, it took two nights of work but I really like how these came out. Character sprite credit goes to Abyss Wolf. Kickass sprites, man!

Enjoy!

A little bit different from the other ones, but they're...colorful. Enjoy!

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Wow Director, those are nice. Very unique style you used. Did you get all those old school versions of the characters from one source? Or did you hunt them down.

Its been a long time since I have made a skin =/. With all this moving I have been doing, the most I have been able to do is just log on and check in on you guys really. Soon, that will change though! I may be uploading a new skin tomorrow and if not then....lets hope for the day after ^^.

As for .bmp files if you don't mind I am going to keep all mine as .jpg. Smaller files then .bmp and like I said I cant see the quality difference on images this small even when I look hard. One last thing that I want to add is that...if you want your files saved as .bmp your going to need to use something other then Photobucket to host the image. The up loader converts .bmp and .tif to .jpg.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
To DarkDeoxys26: I'll reupload your skins w/ .bmp later tonight.

To The Director: Awesome skins, you've outdone yourself.
-Are those the same sprites used in the Smash flash animation? http://uploads.ungrounded.net/413000/413257_smashkingdom.swf I loved that, my most favorite funny smash video ever.
-What custom.txt are you using? the same one as your other set?

Times New Roman
0 0 0
110 52
150 52
186 52
222 52

I was about to post it up, but its hard to see w/ black txt. So tell me and then I'll post it up right away. (Aw.. I was ready to post it)

To Hitaku and other skin makers: Eh... forget what I said about bmp. Use what ever format you want as long as it works. If bmp is better for you use it if not then not. No official format.

Edit:

To everyone: Hey! the first simple white skin on the front page's download link doesn't work. How come no one told me? I fixed the download link just now. Well, maybe no one wanted to download it, but:

If there is a problem w/ the downloads or anything, feel free to complain and it would help me and others.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Wow Director! Those are just.... *drools* Sorry. But dang man those are made of snazzy.

I really need to get back to making some. Hopefully within the next day or so once my English grade isn't an F. (My english teacher hates me. No joke. I literally think she TRIES to make me fail. plus my schools abnormal grading scale doesn't help)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Anyone have a skin with Olimar on it? I will not accept any other character on my countdown-to-brawl icon! (Except maybe K. Rool :))

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I just bought a new computer and its a mac, however, I play a lot of games so I will often be on the XP side of bootcamp. Because of that, I will still be making skins =). However, for my next project... I am going to try and make a dashboard widget for this countdown...using a skin. I've never really done anything like this so it may take me a little, but I am tired of mac users only having one option. I get my mac in about 5 days so I will start right away on it.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Hey! My lucky number. This isn't the first time I've seen "57" in the countdown... maybe it's a sign... lol.

And if you really want to make it easy on yourselves, go by the Japanese countdown. We're going to get everything you want to know, anyway.

The countdown's in my sig.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
57 Days 2 Go!!! or 40 Days 2 Go!!! <-- for Japan release.

Thinking of the Japanese release does help blayde_axel.

I don't think 57 is bad now, b/c I remember it was like 70 days left then they changed the date and then it went up to 100 something. So sad... At least we're making progress now.

Hitaku: Boot Camp for what? Joining the Army?

One option of Mac users... heh funny to me somehow. Yeah we need more Mac countdowns.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Man, I remember it was down in the fifty's when the countdown went back up to 120! I was so mad!

But, we're back in the fifty's again... so it's going to fly by... promise, you guys.

Thanks for all the help too, tennis. The Phantim3 was a great idea. lol.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Yeah what's up with Boot Camp? If it's for the military I applaud you; I sure as heck wouldn't stand for being told what to do by "The Sarge".

I'm not having any trouble waiting for characters because Link is already in. =P I'm a cheater. Only caring about my favorite character. lol.

A Mac really? X_X I can't stand Mac's. Not enough user interface available, unlike how I can tinker with the coding of almost anything on PC. Ohwell, preference is preference. =]

Edit: I dance now. This is post 200 for me. =]

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm not having any trouble waiting for characters because Link is already in. =P I'm a cheater. Only caring about my favorite character. lol.
Same here. I got Diddy, and he's basically all I wanted. I don't really give a crap about any of the other characters...I got my fav. one, and that's all I need.

...but Geno would be nice. :chuckle:

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Same here. I got Diddy, and he's basically all I wanted. I don't really give a crap about any of the other characters...I got my fav. one, and that's all I need.

...but Geno would be nice. :chuckle:
*coughMegamantoocough*

Yep. =] lol

I'm trying to think of a skin to make just for the heck of it. I'm thinking I'll go and make one of the requested ones that I shamefully never got to. *slaps self* Bad Blubba. I'm disapointing fellow Brawlers.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
lol Boot camp is the program used to run windows on a mac. =P

This is how I justified getting a mac for myself. With Boot camp and I run both osx and windows...because of that its really the best of both words. Also macs are better for video editing and thats something I am interested in.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
^What?!?!! Omg.... boot camp.... not real boot camp.... stupid....

Hey guys, I just realized that Brawl isn't that far away now. Today is December 15, Japan release is January 24th!!! only a month away!!!!! 56(american release)-17= 39 Days until Japan release!!!

Edit: I just realized something else, the internet is a dangerous place, you can say anything and people will believe you.

The Director

Smash Lord
I just realized something else, the internet is a dangerous place, you can say anything and people will believe you.
Ridley's in Brawl!! Everybody believe me and freak out!!

But seriously, 39 days till the Japanese launch? The game needs to be seriously close to completion by now. When do you think it will go gold?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ridley's in Brawl!! Everybody believe me and freak out!!

But seriously, 39 days till the Japanese launch? The game needs to be seriously close to completion by now. When do you think it will go gold?
I actually think it'll be gold in about twenty days.

19 days seems pretty darn long to produce some CD's. And the game was already near-completion, anyway.

I can't believe it's so close, though. Seems like only last week we saw the first trailer for the first time.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
54 Days 2 Go!!! 37 days if your counting for the Japan release NEXT MONTH!!!

Heh... we are finally back down to 54, the # of days when I first made this thread and posted the first skin:

I can't believe it's so close, though. Seems like only last week we saw the first trailer for the first time.
Now that you mention it, it does feel really fast now. For me it feels like 2 months ago when I first saw the first brawl trailer and last week when we experienced the E3 demos.

The Director

Smash Lord
LOLOLOLOL The first trailer? Ok, that feels like a long, long time ago to me...

But since the delay, time has flown. To think on Oct. 12th we were 120 days away...

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
^I don't think your being serious but:

I don't expect or want this thread to live forever. That would suk if the date gets pushed back again. When I get Brawl I want this thread to Die!!! don't ever want to remember this ever happened. I'll probably take a week or 2 away from the world (internet, family, friends) just playing Brawl.

Stay with us until it hits the big ZERO!!! Yay!
This thread can't really die until then, last 10 days I'll be posting like:

10 Days 2 Go!!!
9 Days 2 Go!!!...
1 Day 2 Go!!!

This thread can die all it wants afterwards.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
^I don't think your being serious but:

I don't expect or want this thread to live forever. That would suk if the date gets pushed back again. When I get Brawl I want this thread to Die!!! don't ever want to remember this ever happened. I'll probably take a week or 2 away from the world (internet, family, friends) just playing Brawl.

Stay with us until it hits the big ZERO!!! Yay!
This thread can't really die until then, last 10 days I'll be posting like:

10 Days 2 Go!!!
9 Days 2 Go!!!...
1 Day 2 Go!!!

This thread can die all it wants afterwards.
Ha. I want to see it locked at 12:00 AM that morning. lol.

50 days left (I think). 33 days left for the Japanese release.

Wow... 33 days. That sounds so awesome. Little more than a month, and my boy Ness will be back.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Yeah this place should probably be clsoed after release. But it won't be a shameful close. It will be honorable and celebratory! Only 49 days, 22 hours, 36 mins, and 06 secs to go!

I'm going to NA release date. Because, you know, that's when I actually get to get it.

M.K

Level 55
So if I wanted to contribute some skins, can I just DRAW them (and by draw, I mean create) on MS Paint, or is there some special process I need to fulfill? Thanks!

Top Bottom