• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Which do you think is more likely to happen next with Pokémon? A second version of sword and shield, be it a combined edition, a sequel, or whatever Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were; or Diamond and Pearl Remakes?
I'm expecting "Ultra" style games that fix a lot of the game's technical issues (like that terrible draw distance), add more pokemon to the dex (including maybe some new legendaries), add a few more features and change the story a little bit. Knowing GF they'd probably be called "Max Sword" and "Max Shield". Don't know what they'd do with them story wise.

If they do add that route I hope they add more postgame content this time rather then just some silly Mantine surfing minigame that you play a couple times then never again. I have a hard time imaging stubborn old GF bringing back the Battle Frontier in this day and age but I can still hope.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
What characters could yous guys see yourself removing from Smash if you had the power? Or at least would want to but would never do due to other people?

For me it would probably be Lucina, Chrom, Peach, Daisy, Bowser Jr and Wolf.

And Palutena for good measure.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
What characters could yous guys see yourself removing from Smash if you had the power? Or at least would want to but would never do due to other people?

I wouldn't remove anyone unless absolutely necessary.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Welp, last night was fun if only because I've never been to the Outback Steakhouse (we were originally going to the Longhorn Steakhouse, but they were too packed and it would've been an hour wait). Enjoyed the Center Cut Sirloin though it did fill me up enough that I couldn't finish the potatoes I got with it so it's currently in a take out box in my fridge

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'd harness the power to remove everyone who suggests this from existence. Also Banjo

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
gee... I wonder what 90% of people's first answer to this is... :drsad:

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Welp, last night was fun if only because I've never been to the Outback Steakhouse (we were originally going to the Longhorn Steakhouse, but they were too packed and it would've been an hour wait). Enjoyed the Center Cut Sirloin though it did fill me up enough that I couldn't finish the potatoes I got with it so it's currently in a take out box in my fridge
Outback Steakhouse <3 That's my favorite restaurant chain of all time. I always love eating there.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I'd harness the power to remove everyone who suggests this from existence. Also Banjo
I'm simply wondering which characters people value so little that they would rather save hardware space than have them in game.
Why Banjo?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'll be mourning the Fox X-Men universe. I never got into the Marvel films outside of a few (e.g., Doctor Strange, Civil War, Infinity War). The only thing that gives me hope is Deadpool's continuing, and I'm curious how they'll handle that. Outside of the Dark Knight trilogy, my favorite superhero films have been First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool and Logan. No Marvel film is in the same league, given my tastes, outside of Infinity War. I'm hopeful, but not optimistic. :awesome:

Still, no matter how good or bad X-Men becomes, I'll still be able to watch those, and that tends to be my philosophy whenever a series goes into a new direction.
Deadpool will probably just merge into the mcu. Still Ryan Reynolds. Still a continuation of 1 and 2. Just in the MCU now. Because Deadpool is really the only character that could pull that off. I really hope the opening sequence is Deadpool in Disneyland. For the symbolism. Or better yet, the entire movie is “Deadpool in Disneyland”.

As for Fox’s X-Men, I never really got into them. I tend to be more of a fan of cosmic stakes and absurd power levels in comic books. It’s why I’m a DC gal. And while X-Men occasionally CAN scratch that itch, the movies certainly never did. Heck. Many of the Marvel movies don’t either.

I did an experiment. I had noticed that after having watched Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam, all really good movies with characters I really care about, that I just couldn’t get any lasting enjoyment from the Marvel movies that have come out sense. Be it Captain Marvel, Endgame, it Far From Home. It’s like, after almost a decade of settling for movies with characters I was Ambivalent towards, I finally got a taste of what everyone else was getting all these years with the Marvel movies (seeing their favorite characters lovingly and masterfully adapted to the big screen without turning into a gritty edgelord with a chain smokers voice) and I just can’t settle for marvel anymore. I don’t need too.
I'm expecting "Ultra" style games that fix a lot of the game's technical issues (like that terrible draw distance), add more pokemon to the dex (including maybe some new legendaries), add a few more features and change the story a little bit. Knowing GF they'd probably be called "Max Sword" and "Max Shield". Don't know what they'd do with them story wise.

If they do add that route I hope they add more postgame content this time rather then just some silly Mantine surfing minigame that you play a couple times then never again. I have a hard time imaging stubborn old GF bringing back the Battle Frontier in this day and age but I can still hope.
I like the idea of either Pokémon Armor Version, or Pokémon Sword and Shield “reforged”.
Maybe at a Nintendo direct within the next two weeks?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

None of them, even tho I dont care about banjo, I wouldnt get rid of him

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Probably mostly the extended Fire Emblem cast. Maybe keep Marth and Ike and add a new one from a new title and have that slot change every game. I’d probably do the same with Pokémon. Keep Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokémon Trainer and MAYBE Lucario, and then have the last slot be whatever Pokémon from the newest gen their pushing heavily.

I’d also probably drop Piranha Plant.

Cause the only good thing of that franchise is Click Clock Wood and it isn't even in Smash, what's the ****ing point
Okay. You know your pretty much alone in thinking that. Take the lesson you all drilled into my head and don’t state your opinions as facts.

TripAway

Smash Cadet
NNID
StrangeTripAway
Switch FC
7969-9375-2382
Last weekend, i went with a friend to a Smash Bros Ultimate tournament, which was to help finance the trip to USA of 2 great competitive Smash Bros community players (Polo and Braixen) representing Chile in the Glitch 8-Missingno tournament.
I lost in the first round of both brackets. (winners and lossers).
Well, at least, i meet some new people.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Discussing the removal of characters is a taboo.

So I'll spoil my answer.
:ultdoc::ultincineroar::ultlucina::ultpichu::ultpiranha::ultdarkpit::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsheik::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzss:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I remove everyone.
Good luck playing as no-one

TripAway

Smash Cadet
NNID
StrangeTripAway
Switch FC
7969-9375-2382

Fire Emblem characters.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
every character has a fan, even the more controversial ones. The thought of even cutting somebody as divisive as Dark Pit or Piranha Plant is still bound to tick some people off

not sure why we're even mentioning the thought of cuts when the main appeal of Ultimate is that "Everyone is Here". This'll probably never happen again, so can we just relish this for a little bit longer before even bringing up the chopping block?

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
In Connecticut, a pickle is not considered to be a pickle unless it bounces. If it doesn't bounce, then it is a cucumber.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The inevitable reboot is only gonna have like a third of the cast and that's being generous so it doesn't matter what you want because you will almost certainly not like the cuts regardless.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
The only character in the entire game I'm meh about and actively didn't want was Incineroar (because I wanted other Pokemon reps and also don't really find his design very interesting nor understand why Litten had to evolve that way even if I understand the intent behind it's characterization), so ... yeah

Give me Decidueye or Hawlucha you cowards

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
gee... I wonder what 90% of people's first answer to this is... :drsad:
I'd remove that weeby anime shill pick swordfighter that no one asked for.

That's right get out of here :ultlink: no one likes you. And take your stupid little red plumber friend with you.

Disclaimer: I'm joking obviously.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I will be very shocked if the week has no direct at all.

I can’t see fighter five being shadow dropped out of nowhere although it would be cool.

I still think we open on the fighter five reveal and end on the first last character and then a big game like odyssey 2.

But with the deadline for fighter being a little under a month they need advertisements for it soon. That way they can try to pick up any additional pass sales in case anyone wanted to wait for it in full( although most probably have it). As well as sales for this character even if a lot of people have the pass there will always be individual buyers.

So a direct this week with the reveal and a release later in the month maybe or early February would be a pretty good time to amp up the smash atttention

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So who’s ready for a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tourney?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Who I'd pick

:ultcorrin::ultdoc::ultlucina::ultpichu::ultdarkpit::ultrobin::ultchrom::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:

:ultzss:and:ultsheik:goes back to being the same as:ultsamus:and:ultzelda:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So who’s ready for a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tourney?

2500 gold points?

****, I'd actually join if I had MK8D.

D

Deleted member

I finally figured out how to register my damn Konami id card!
good grief, that took forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So another trailer for New Mutants came out.

LMAO only a matter of time until that film gets delayed again. May as well shelve it or put it on stream because we've seen this before.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Brewelfin is being covered in this video as a topic and they are out here trying to say a Nintendo America employee messaged them and said don’t talk about Ryu hayubussea and smash.

insert doubt.png because uploaderwwont work.

If your gonna make a claim like that you better post pics. No employee is about to violate their Contract and go out of their way to confirm a smash character to a random youtuber whose leak was literally forgotten about overnight.

This is new levels of attention seeking right here

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I will be very shocked if the week has no direct at all.

I can’t see fighter five being shadow dropped out of nowhere although it would be cool.

I still think we open on the fighter five reveal and end on the first last character and then a big game like odyssey 2.

But with the deadline for fighter being a little under a month they need advertisements for it soon. That way they can try to pick up any additional pass sales in case anyone wanted to wait for it in full( although most probably have it). As well as sales for this character even if a lot of people have the pass there will always be individual buyers.

So a direct this week with the reveal and a release later in the month maybe or early February would be a pretty good time to amp up the smash atttention
Just a reminder that Joker came out of nowhere, it's not out of the question they'll do that again.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I don't see a reason to remove anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom