• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's a Increasingly Verbose thing I did here:
Everyone: "What are you doing in my swamp?"

Me: "I hereby ask you with uttermost urgency, unascertained passerby whom I happen to have found trespassing in the general proximity of the location that I currently inhabit and of which I am in possession of in the sense that any person present within this territory is to be viewed by myself as a most unwelcome sight to be beheld, to explicitly declare and clarify in this very instance the rational basis for your remaining within the bounds of this locality as well as what the intended behaviour you wish to bring about in this moment in this low-lying uncultivated area with numerous bodies of water of relatively small size inhabited mostly by rodents, fish, and insects that I reside in is."

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Who knew an ice monkey could be the scourge of an entire region?
Didn't GF say that when trying to transfer pokemon to Sw/Sh from home, you'd get a message along the lines of "the climate of the region is too cold"?

I thought that was ridiculous, but now I get it. Turns out Articuno and friends just aren't willing to deal with Gorilla Tactics Choice Band Icicle Crash.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
the movie isn’t bad, but most of it feels like filler...and seizures for days (which is an oof)
That sounds pretty bad for a supposed final. The sequels haven't been able to remain consistent among themselves, let alone the whole series, and now they just wanna introduce more questions?
Isekai's are legit one of the worst genres to spring up in the past decade IMO. VERY few of them do anything interesting with it, and they always devolve into "Lol look here guys, living in this world is like mah RPG vidya gaemz! Good thing I was an EPIC GAMER back on earth!" and then every woman in the nearest vicinity wants to have the main guy's babies.

Granted, as I previously said, there are a few that have done good stuff with the idea (mostly comedies that don't take themselves seriously), but I straight up am sick of the genre.
The worst part imo is that the genre has a lot of potential. Why do we always get killer trucks and videogames, when we could get a commentary about life itself. Does everyone reincarnate? If not who and why? What kind of worlds could you reincarnate into? How would you cope for it? What lessons from your past life can you use in the new one and what are now obsolete?

I read the first manga of the slime Isekai. It doesn't take itself seriously and actually does something interesting with the body he inhabits.
Here's a Increasingly Verbose thing I did here:
Everyone: "What are you doing in my swamp?"

Me: "I hereby ask you with uttermost urgency, unascertained passerby whom I happen to have found trespassing in the general proximity of the location that I currently inhabit and of which I am in possession of in the sense that any person present within this territory is to be viewed by myself as a most unwelcome sight to be beheld, to explicitly declare and clarify in this very instance the rational basis for your remaining within the bounds of this locality as well as what the intended behaviour you wish to bring about in this moment in this low-lying uncultivated area with numerous bodies of water of relatively small size inhabited mostly by rodents, fish, and insects that I reside in is."

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Smash Newcomer reveal in a nutshell:
Step 1: People get their hopes up for their wanted fighters.

Step 2: Said character ends up being a character that gets in instead of requested fighters that everyone whines for.

Step 3: Smash fanbase gets mad and salty.

Step 4: Smash fanbase never learns, rinse and repeat back to step 1.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Good morning everyone and how is everyone on this fine day? Is the new year and decade going good for all of you so far?

This week is gonna be an exciting one for me. Joker comes out on disc tomorrow, gonna start getting back at working at my house so I can move in by May, the possibility of FP5 and an Nintendo Direct and then going to the theater again after 3 months since Gemini Man and Joker to go see Underwater on Saturday.
Woah, Laika Studios finally won an award.

It won best animated picture at the Golden Globes with Missing Link.
Woah really!? That made my day never expected the film to win anything. Definitely deserves it! :grin:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's pretty normal. Most people tend to get wiped at their first tournament. Lots of tournament goers are regulers who are constantly practicing to get ahead of each other, so it can get really competitive. There's also tournament nerves which can make you play a lot worse then you usually do, and can take a long time to get used to.

Don't let it get you down.
What’s really ironic about my losses is that every single damn time I lost because I bricked so hard even the heart of the cards couldn’t save me.
And then my opponents beat the **** out me me with 3k+ beaters each time, forcing my surrender.

On the plus side I got a **** ton of cards, made a decent amount of cash($50 in hard cash, around $20 in store credit via selling cards to my locals)

I then spent almost all of it(minus $5 I need for the tourney fee) on more cards lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Good morning everyone and how is everyone on this fine day? Is the new year and decade going good for all of you so far?

This week is gonna be an exciting one for me. Joker comes out on disc tomorrow, gonna start getting back at working at my house so I can move in by May, the possibility of FP5 and an Nintendo Direct and then going to the theater again after 3 months since Gemini Man and Joker to go see Underwater on Saturday.

Woah really!? That made my day never expected the film to win anything. Definitely deserves it! :grin:
Morning, I'm doing great.
Just been doing stuff on Reddit and now I have 1.5k Karma.
(In Australia, it's night time/midnight.)

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Happy New Years! Oh crap, 40 pages have passed by now. :rotfl:

I'll probably be on a lot more now that my adventures with work and the holidays are over now. Also, at most one month until Fighter #5*!

*assuming nothing has changed in the intervening time and fighter #5 is still supposed to be out by February.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Looks like I got 5 movies out of my 10 I'll be seeing next year. Still gonna wait out for more movie announcements for 2021 until I make my official list.

Mortal Kombat
Fast & Furious 10
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Jurassic World 3
Black Adam

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy New Years! Oh crap, 40 pages have passed by now. :rotfl:

I'll probably be on a lot more now that my adventures with work and the holidays are over now. Also, at most one month until Fighter #5*!

*assuming nothing has changed in the intervening time and fighter #5 is still supposed to be out by February.
hello there, my friend.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah. I meant like, was there any evidence saying there would be one soon, or...?
Gamestop SKU’s. Usually a bunch get added to their computers soon before a direct happens, and a bunch just got added. So at the very least, a bunch of announcements are going to happen in the near future. Most likely via a Nintendo direct.

Or it could be a State of Play. There’s that option too.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Gamestop SKU’s. Usually a bunch get added to their computers soon before a direct happens, and a bunch just got added. So at the very least, a bunch of announcements are going to happen in the near future. Most likely via a Nintendo direct.

Or it could be a State of Play. There’s that option too.
according to someone that knows about that stuff, those skus have been there for a long while before that person made a tweet about it

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm probably gonna get the MUA3 DLC at somepoint. At the very least, I'll mess around with the Marvel Knights characters, because I can see myself running Punisher and Morbius with Spider-Man and Venom, but I'll get said DLC a little bit later.

Until then, I'll just work towards beating NG+ and getting Symbiote Spider-Man eventually. But I'll need my team to be at like lvl 90 to make the challenges easier.
definitely get the X-Men dlc, cause Phoenix is all about that good **** (then get the Gwenom costume when that update comes out)
That sounds pretty bad for a supposed final. The sequels haven't been able to remain consistent among themselves, let alone the whole series, and now they just wanna introduce more questions?
don't worry...there’s more answers than questions (tho you would prefer there being more questions than answers with how disappointing some of the answers are)

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Absolute worst case, we don’t hear anything till E3 because Nintendo are the kings of left field.
I doubt it’ll be that long since the first fighter pass is supposed to finish by February. I think a January direct is pretty likely.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can live without a direct. I'm pretty happy with the recent news we got.
What news?
New Mutants is still a thing

It's the original cut, no re-shoots or overhauls.
Weird. I guess at this point the movie is made so there’s no reason to not release it. But I’m kind of ready to see the fox x-men world end. Heck, I’m ready for Marvel to take a substantial break from anything and everything X-Men related.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Which do you think is more likely to happen next with Pokémon? A second version of sword and shield, be it a combined edition, a sequel, or whatever Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were; or Diamond and Pearl Remakes?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Which do you think is more likely to happen next with Pokémon? A second version of sword and shield, be it a combined edition, a sequel, or whatever Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were; or Diamond and Pearl Remakes?
better be Diamond and Pearl remakes and they better be good

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Weird. I guess at this point the movie is made so there’s no reason to not release it. But I’m kind of ready to see the fox x-men world end. Heck, I’m ready for Marvel to take a substantial break from anything and everything X-Men related.
I'll be mourning the Fox X-Men universe. I never got into the Marvel films outside of a few (e.g., Doctor Strange, Civil War, Infinity War). The only thing that gives me hope is Deadpool's continuing, and I'm curious how they'll handle that. Outside of the Dark Knight trilogy, my favorite superhero films have been First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool and Logan. No Marvel film is in the same league, given my tastes, outside of Infinity War. I'm hopeful, but not optimistic. :awesome:

Still, no matter how good or bad X-Men becomes, I'll still be able to watch those, and that tends to be my philosophy whenever a series goes into a new direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom