• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I love spicy food, if that counts.

Also for the record, I have nothing but love for Sylarius

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Snake is a fun match-up. Our favor. Don't run into explosions and tilts that sound like explosions and you'll be fine.

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
today, i had that epic mindgame moment where i broke my opponents shield and then the lag on wifi messed me up and i missed the punish. So i started charging another shieldbreaker, he came out of shieldstun and instinctively held shield, and i broke it again =)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Get the grab and then infinite to death. Should never lose that mu.Mainly cuz the infinite isn't the only problem. It's just just a big *** cherry...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Don't jump if ness is above you (unless you're good at the mu [as in, similar to G&W, bair and uair will **** the living shizzles but if you're slow on the reaction, bad at the right spacing/etc, you're gonna get romped])
down tilt is amazing.
counter beats recovery options

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
@Kuro- I wanna actually know the MU, not just grab him over and over, lol.

Fair beat out like everything I did and I was dumb and kept trying to hit him while he was doing it. I'll remember that for next time tho

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Now I know, all too late, lasdfksl.

On a positive note tho, because the turnout for the tourney went well, the owner will let us start having tourneys there more often, probably monthlly, so FINALLY coastal bend will start having a legit scene

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I see Marth players still hopelessly overrate their match-ups and remain delusional about their character. No wonder the only ones that are actually successful with the character have more modest evaluations of his MUs but what's new.

:059:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Gheb, go away. That post offers absolutely nothing constructive to this social. Reporting for trolling.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
U mad?

The post has a point but ofc you only ***** about somebody bursting your bubble. You all make up theory BS about Marth "beating Snake", "beating Olimar" and countless other BS, that's just lying to yourselves.

Average Marth thinks Marth beats Snake. It's even but random Marths don't listen when the ones that know about it speak up.
Average Marth thinks Marth beats Olimar. It's even but random Marths don't listen when the ones that Know about it speak up.
Same for Kirby, Sonic, Pikachu, Fox, Falco ...... there's a whole bunch of characters that fit that description.

Stop fantasizing about match-ups supposedly being in Marth's favor when they're not anywhere near that. You're all ****ing blinded and should not lie into people's faces who want to understand the Snake match-up [or anything that people ask here]. Especially when you don't know **** about the match-up. Or this whole game, really.

Edit: Like seriously, somebody asks about the match-up vs Ness and the best advice he gets is that "Marth should never lose to Ness" - something which is absolutely not true at all? It's no wonder this character has stopped making major progress when people like that spread fairy-tales.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Snake IS +1 Marth.

Olimar is probably even, if not slightly Marth's favor.

Nobody plays Kirby.

Sonic/Marth is debatable, but very rarely happens at high level. I personally don't believe it's even from my somewhat limited experience with Espy, and would turn to Nike's opinion here.

Pikachu is DEFINITELY +1. Esam is notorious for overestimating his character (something you accuse us of), and I play this match-up constantly. There are some situations where it is even, but too often I find the Pikachu I play raging that he can't get in.

Fox I can see an argument for even, I lack experience here.

Falco I can also see as even. The discussion on this match-up the last time more or less boiled down to "It's even, but Marth has a really gay CG Spike that happens frequently enough not to be dismissed. Does that make it +1?"

Furthermore, you're basing the comment in your edit off of the fact that Kuro (ONE PERSON) said we shouldn't lose it, when Shaya in fact went and gave constructive advice, and I'm sure CJ would too.

You are here purely to incite flames, Gheb, and I won't stand for it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
CJ is also a smart poster and one of the few regulars of the Marth boards who isn't obnoxiously stuck in some superiority-complex mindset [or a troll like Chair].

And lol @ you saying ESAM "is notorious for overestimating his character" when most Marth players have been like that since 2008. Oh and ALL the people who have experience in the match-up [which also includes MH and Leon] say it's even so that case doesn't even apply here.

Keep living the dream tho.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Just because I provoke doesn't mean I'm trolling. I'm bringing up a legitimate concern but apparently it's not possible to talk to a Marth main about his character's match-ups being terribly overrated without being a major troll.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Haha, Olaf you never fail to make me laugh XD

[You should add me on skype ntw, my MSN has been janky for a while now].

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I see Marth players still hopelessly overrate their match-ups and remain delusional about their character. No wonder the only ones that are actually successful with the character have more modest evaluations of his MUs but what's new.

Gheb, don't even try to pretend this was a post designed at "talking".

Everything about this post is inflammatory. I highlighted the particularly inflammatory parts just for you.

Laem

Smash Champion
I think you're wrong Gheb bout lots regarding Marth. What u gon do? I'm no marth mainer.
Also Leon has pika experience and an actual opinion on the MU? Sure gheb, sure.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, don't even try to pretend this was a post designed at "talking".

Everything about this post is inflammatory. I highlighted the particularly inflammatory parts just for you.
All backed up by facts fyi. I know the truth hurts though so I'll stop now.

Edit @T: He played a MM vs ESAM and he thinks it's even.

MasterOfGalaxies

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely nothing was gained from posting in that manner in the first place Gheb. =( I understand that you believe what you're saying, but even if it is true, there was no reason to say it while insulting Marth mains. It would have been easier and more productive, and just nicer and better, to say something like,
"I believe that many of you overestimate some of Marth's matchups. Some top-level Marths claim Marth is even in many matchups that other Marths believe are in his favor. Examples include etc. etc."
If you stated your point like this in the first place, perhaps Raziek wouldn't have immediately dismissed you as a troll, and something productive could be gained from this.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I've been on these boards for a while. People don't understand it unless you're rubbing it into their faces =/

Top Bottom