• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
1. I thought diddy kong's spot dodge was 2-20 / 22

2. Marth's jump has 5 frames start up (he's in the air frame 6, fair oos is frame NINE. (so frame 1 of it is frame 6)

3. Shield drop is 7 frames.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
where are our four light blue namers with their wealth of information?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Its official, ive picked up marth as my 2nd and soon to be main. I currently main Samus(im the best one in the usa) and im SICK of losing to lesser people due to samus unwinnable MUs vs olimar and DDD. I played marth for 7 years in melee and already know the basics of brawl marth so I just need some practice and ill catch on quick. Plus, i have RoyR to play every day so i think i will be ok.

I have a few questions though:

1. Who all can Marth CG and how many times till they escape?

2. Does each slice of dancing blade refresh/stale? Meaning if my UP+B is completely stale, does it take 2 full dancing blades to almost fully refresh the UP+B?

3. Olimar vs Marth. Gimmi the low down.

Any and all help will be appreciated to the max. TGM is back, baby!

Xyro77

4. playing marth because your former character was unviable is like bringing a knife to a gun fight because you were sick of using your bare hands
Cept im actually GOOD at this game as well as melee and now that im totally focusing on marth i will not be held back by my character. ill slowly regain my correct place.

TGM COMBO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzZvR6CouV4

PS: thanks for the info btw! it really helps out.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Meet Metaknight. I think you're already well aquainted with DDD. They both say hi.

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK is everyone's problem but actual good characters like diddy, falco, and ice climbers are significantly less burdened than marth

don't you ban MK at half your events anyway? marth could work lol

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Laurel this is what he meant by the light blue names(points at my name)

diddy's spotdodge is what pierce calls the "sacred spotodges" like falco, link (toonlike as well iirc) and someone else have extremely good sptododges.
its something like20-22 for lag

marths is 20-24
and everyone elses is like 20-25

or something close to it.

Marths is randomly better by one frame. I will go look up this detailed information now to verify this for you guys.

and if bengalz says something to the contrary your best off believing him

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Marth
+5 up B oos(JC)
+6 Grab
Jab +11 (OoSD)
Foward Tilt+14(OoSD)
UpTilt+13(OoSD)
Downtilt+14(OoSD)
Forward smash +17 (OoSD)
Upsmash +12(JC)
Downsmash +13 (OoSD)
Nair+11 (OoSJ)
Fair+9(OoSJ)
Bair +12 (OoSJ)
Uair+11(OoSJ)
dair+11(OoSJ)
DB+11(Oosd)
Shield breaker+26 (OoSD)

OoSD-Shield drop
OoSJ-Jumping out of shield
JC-jump cancel

hopefully this will help a few of you calculate how much time you need to perform some moves on block but you will also need to remember spacing

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Thought I would introduce myself here. I'm Haptic, also previously known by the tags Rofl Pwny and Kirin. I played Marth in Melee and at the beginning of Brawl, and was active on this board back then, but haven't been here in a while since I've switched mains a lot over Brawl's lifetime. I'm back now though, and am looking to become half-decent with Marth again.

I've been analyzing videos of Mike, Neo, Roy, etc. for a while now and will hopefully have some videos of my own up soon for critique!

Xyro77

MK is everyone's problem but actual good characters like diddy, falco, and ice climbers are significantly less burdened than marth

don't you ban MK at half your events anyway? marth could work lol
I used to but i found better ways to restrict him without down right banning him.

I think you mean Ledge Camp.
Stalling is by definition, banned. :p
No. Cause what i do does not break any rule made.

Xyro, you will be EDUCATED.
??????????????????????????????????????????wha?

Can anybody take marth's green costume and replace the green parts of it it with lime green? The green that i am using to type is the perfect green. Can any body make that texture?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I also want a lime recolor! using grimmroth for green marth atm though and that's pretty cool

Top Bottom