• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
yea so they dumbed downed the game to make it easier and boring to the more hardcore players

The casuals are taking over !! as marth would say

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Hey guy's I know I don't post in the Marth boards all that often, but I just got back from a tournament(30+ entrants) and made 2nd place in Singles, and 1st in Doubles.

Through my whole bracket I had to face an MK every set. I made it through the endless walls of MK pretty easy, it was just annoying that everyone was going MK on me because of the obvious advantage's he has.

Anyway, I ended up losing to a good friend's Snake, however we don't play all that much and his Snake is pretty insane. I want to know what your opinions are on actually dealing with Snakes. Hopefully the set's will be uploaded soon so I can link all of you. I can admit that by the end of the day I was feeling extremely tired, but no johns.

I tried keeping him in the air, but honestly I felt that my juggling and spacing wasn't as A-game as it should of been.

Going to another tournament tomorrow, hopefully I'll snag first this time around(The same Snake is coming to this tourney, we're teaming for this one also. If I didn't mention before, we teamed and took 1st place).
To answer your question:
Step 1: make sure your Snake buddy has Port Ad. This is actually a good thing for Marth (if you didn't know this)
Step 2: make sure that you play SAFE. This is an obvious one, of course, that means space well. your d tilt and fair are really useful in all matchups, and make sure you don't get directly above him, marth is really bad at stopping opponents from juggling his a*s.
Step 3: punish his up+B when he's recovering. its really easy to do.
Step 4: use grab strings, they own Snake
Step 5: the most obvious of all, make sure that you are unpredictable, especially against someone who you know, because he will be anticipating what you'll do better than most opponents
hope this helped!

Junk DGH

Smash Apprentice
him having port advantage is good? you mean like a lower port number? i thought it was higher # buti dont even consider it that important for a weak grab game like marths.

and d tilt isnt that good vs snake spaced f air is better in almost eevery situation d tilt presents the possibility of getting f tilted the best marths game involves never landing in front of the opponent which most marths do fine until they see ddd or snake it limits your options but it limits the opponents way more. thats how mikehaze plays and went to the ranks of elites

Tennet

Smash Champion
If snake has lower port priority then he can set down a grenade grab you and he doesn't get hurt, if you are lower than him it will hurt him instead.

fix'd

Junk DGH

Smash Apprentice
lmao is this just for marth socal always goes for port 4 vs snake im pretty sure you want higher port vs snake and lower port vs everyone else for grab priority

that would be really funny if u guys dont even understand ports vs snake due to lack of exp but i hope i just read it wrong or maybe some of the best in socal are stupid

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
lmao is this just for marth socal always goes for port 4 vs snake im pretty sure you want higher port vs snake and lower port vs everyone else for grab priority
its not just grab priority, though. There's a lot of stuff that goes into it. Where was that thread I saw... Hmm... be RIGHT back

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

that would be really funny if u guys dont even understand ports vs snake due to lack of exp but i hope i just read it wrong
Tennet had it wrong, but I think Zeus was saying "make Snake have port advantage (make Snake have a lower port)."

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Yeah Spirit Tracks looks so stupid...

A train??
Really????
A train to run you over. DUH.

that would be really funny if u guys dont even understand ports vs snake due to lack of exp but i hope i just read it wrong
Yeah I'm sure higher port (P4) to nullify grab to projectile shenanigans against Snake/Link/TL, and lower to have higher grab priority (P1).

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*

that would be really funny if u guys dont even understand ports vs snake due to lack of exp but i hope i just read it wrong or maybe some of the best in socal are stupid
these guys summed it up and i couldn't find that thread. just... take port disad agaisnt snake and ad vs all others (=

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*

I really don't take kindly to those that insult me, so I will clear things up.

To answer your question:
Step 1: make sure your Snake buddy has Port Ad. This is actually a good thing for Marth (if you didn't know this)
this seems very clear to me. The person with port advantage has the lower port. It's good for marth if snake has the port advantage. I don't see how you could have read it wrong.

him having port advantage is good? you mean like a lower port number? i thought it was higher # buti dont even consider it that important for a weak grab game like marths.
Weak grab game? Marth has one of the highest rnage pivot grabs in brawl. Marth has insane grab strings. Marth can grab-release like a b*tch. Marth can Dthrow>Fsmash tipper most characters from 0%.

In summary: don't insult people before you do some research or thinking about what you're reading, it makes you look like an idiot.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
That isn't Junk.

And btw, Marth's grab game is NOT weak, just his throws. And furthermore having port priority over snake is better from what I remember.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
this seems very clear to me. The person with port advantage has the lower port. It's good for marth if snake has the port advantage. I don't see how you could have read it wrong.
You're the only person I know who says port advantage is lower ports. Advantage and disadvantage are terrible terms to use when talking about "Port Advantage" because it's subjective and match-up based. "Port Advantage" in the Snake match-up is having a higher port, which you coin "disadvantage."

That's extremely confusing and also misleading, and wrong use of the terms. It's better to just say higher or lower port. That way there's no confusion and no need for you to explain yourself (unless you just like to practice guaranteed set-ups for BARLW by doing +1 post count follow-ups).

That isn't Junk.
hes right thats junk bro from norcal geez ppl

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I really don't take kindly to those that insult me, so I will clear things up.
In summary: don't insult people before you do some research or thinking about what you're reading, it makes you look like an idiot.
I'm not seeing the insult here, unless you live in SoCal while pretending to be in Virginia.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Man, the Endgame is ridiculous, if I had more than just one warp, this would be a piece of cake, but I don't, I just have to get Marth and Wolf to Medeus and I can own the stupid Earth Dragon... If I can just survive the intital onslaught and get the first two doors closed I can make life a lot easier.

It is inevitable, people must die today....

And personally I think that Marth's grab game is the bomb, (but it's not an H-bomb like the IC's meh heh heh...)

Mintzsquee

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm playing Marth dittos right now...
I'm winning most of them, but I noticed I'm always wearing dancing blade dry, is that bad?
I also never jab, nor try to break out of grabs, then dolphin slash which gets ps'ed and i get punished.

He plays really offensive, and is always fairing, i don't see him nair as much as I do.
Any tips?

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
using db a lot is fine... most do.
turn his offense around and bait him into strings/smashes or use your counter when he comes at you with those fairs
ds oos when he tries to shff you too, that's always fun.
i ahte dittos though =\

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
darxmarth, that mk ban group is a joke >.< no one posts there at all.
My top three posters have all disappeared. I checked their profiles. They have all been gone for quite a while. Without them we are totally powerless. Besides, a backroom for this subject is going to be in order soon.
For now, you can just forget about "Viva la Revolution."

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
sad face =\ make sure u vote on the link i posted there, though
Bro that poll has been there for over two weeks. Its quite hard to miss. And I have voted, and debated my *** off in the thread. I shot down numerous anti ban ideas. Its no use though. Too many idiots to debate and not enough supporters. So far we are losing.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
saaaad faaaaace

what do you guys think of an AiB vs SWF tourney! take the top 64 from each and have it out to decide the best of the best!

Sieguest

Smash Master
Hey, I was Anti-ban fool... but I'm not going to bring war in here, darn't, now I have to say something about marth.

Do you think his favorite food is chicken?

Top Bottom