• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

∫unk

Smash Master
icy's mk is not even >___> more like 70:30 (this isn't my opinion, this is like fiction/tkd/etc.. ppl that really know the matchup)

whoever said that is dumb

when you have multiple jumps and can tornado to a platform safely its way easier than what marth has to do

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Lol, yea how the **** do people think Marth does better against the ICs than MK?

Seriously

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
You guys might aswell crush this semi feud lol

let's see if I can bring him out *cough cough* erhm... Neo what's your next tourney? *looks around*

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I've played good Metas and good Marths. I have an easier time fighting Meta Knights. I simply stated my oppinion that Ice Climbers do better against MK than Marth, and an oppinion is what one person thinks, not something that is debatable. Meta Knight requires the Ice Climber user to be a top level Ice Climber due to certain factors, and yes, in my oppinion, Ice Climbers are better against MK than against Marth at the top level. At lower levels they would be better at fighting Marth.

Edit: If you wish to believe that Marth is worse against them than MK is, then that is fine and it is your oppinions.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Lol, yea how the **** do people think Marth does better against the ICs than MK?

Seriously
Our IC boards matchup thread is a joke, srsly, we're a soft counter to Falco, we have an 7:3 advantage to olimar and we go even with wario.... =.=

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I've played good Metas and good Marths. I have an easier time fighting Meta Knights. I simply stated my oppinion that Ice Climbers do better against MK than Marth, and an oppinion is what one person thinks, not something that is debatable.
I would guess it's his size, but in all honestly MK has better tools, speed, and camping ability. But you viewpoint is most definitely welcome.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I've played good Metas and good Marths. I have an easier time fighting Meta Knights. I simply stated my oppinion that Ice Climbers do better against MK than Marth, and an oppinion is what one person thinks, not something that is debatable. Meta Knight requires the Ice Climber user to be a top level Ice Climber due to certain factors, and yes, in my oppinion, Ice Climbers are better against MK than against Marth at the top level. At lower levels they would be better at fighting Marth.

Edit: If you wish to believe that Marth is worse against them than MK is, then that is fine and it is your oppinions.
This is one of those "God.. that's so annoying..." opinions.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

This is one of those "God.. that's so annoying..." opinions.

∫unk

Smash Master

This is one of those... wait nvm this is too homo

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Like...four people here know enough about ICs/Marth/MK to make any judgment on any of the matchups. >_>

Give it a rest.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've played good Metas and good Marths. I have an easier time fighting Meta Knights
Probably not equal, anyone can come off as ok or good as MK, doesn't mean that they've practiced and studied as much as other character mains(usually they haven't).

For that matter a lot of MK's are over aggressive and won't camp even if they know it would help.

edit: and odds are you know the MK matchup better too, aside from experience he's been taken apart more in public than anyone

gallax

Smash Hero
hey marths, i posted some vids in your critique section and would appreciate some feedback. i wold like to have a respectable marth.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Why are people trying to start arguements with me? I've foughten Infinity's MK before, and RoyR's Marth before, out of the two I'd say MK was the easier of the two to fight, though by a small margin. It's just an oppinion, if you don't agree with it then you don't have to, I never said anyone here does. The Marth boards are so unfriendly to outside oppinions...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Why are people trying to start arguements with me? I've foughten Infinity's MK before, and RoyR's Marth before, out of the two I'd say MK was the easier of the two to fight, though by a small margin. It's just an oppinion, if you don't agree with it then you don't have to, I never said anyone here does. The Marth boards are so unfriendly to outside oppinions...
Elitism, son.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
No we aren't, we just don't like seeing posts where people say "this is what I think" with nothing to back it up.

MK clearly has more options in every scenario and way better camping ability than Marth does.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
My original post wasn't supposed to be an arguement or anything though, it was a simple post to try to make Marth sound more positive instead of a "we're 100% outclassed" character... I was just trying to help ;-;

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
That's fine, but we're pretty much convinced our character is garbage cus MK exists.

It's all too late~

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Well yeah, MK tends to make a lot of characters useless :/ But it just seems like if you could find some strengths in Marth that MK doesn't have then it could help instead of just saying that MK does everything better than Marth (sorry if that's not what the general oppinion is, it's just what I gathered from what people said). I wanna help the Marths out if I can in some way :D

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Steel we only came by because you don't visit us anymore. What happened to the pika thread love ;_;

Also don't argue with marths about anything involving MK guys, lol, seriously. Its an emotional subject.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
We just know he won't be winning any tournaments that mean anything, and that goes for almost every character yeah.

Also there's no "new strengths" to find lol, we figured Marth out in a few months. This game is pretty simple.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Naw, when you look at marth vs. MK, you literally say, "why bother", with some rare exceptions.
A lot of marths quit the game/switched to MK.
A lot of the remaining ones for the longest while are/were pro-ban.
Maybe I'm overgeneralizing, but I too felt it, and switched b4 I got emo about the MU.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
lol famous, come on now.

@gallax

i watched the one vs toon link earlier. you have no pressure game whatsoever and so toon link just threw **** at you the whole time. you need to work on more efficient zoning and more dtilt usage. get closer to him and limit his options.

Top Bottom