• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

♫ Lucario Interview Thread ♫ - Junebug

Jar.

Smash Cadet
Is your real name John?

Edit: Like LoZ?

Excited for Skyward Sword?

Thoughts about WiiU?

Crayons or Markers? :3

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
why did you stop at 6
Real talk, when I was making this username, it was originally going to be John12345, but for some reason I thought it'd be cool if I made it look like I couldn't count, so I just made the change from 5 to 6 and left it at that.

Keep in mind I was, like, 12 when I made up that username.

Is your real name John?
No, it's Lucy, and I'm actually a girl. :awesome:

Edit: Like LoZ?
Actually, I never really did get into the Legend of Zelda series. I played through Minish Cap and the DS games, but I never really bothered to play through a legit Zelda game.

Excited for Skyward Sword?
I intend for this, along with the OoT remake for the 3DS, to be my proper introduction into the Zelda series. I hope to enjoy it.

Thoughts about WiiU?
OMGF SO MUCH HYPE, although it really is just the Wii with some extremely useful gimmicks thrown in, such as the streaming capabilities.

Crayons or Markers? :3
Neither. Crayons have horrendous accuracy and markers make that squeaky noise on paper and it makes me go DSGDFHFDSDGH

I actually draw stuff for another site, and whenever I have to draw on paper, my sister has fine tipped colored pens, and they're really good for coloring precisely without worry of backlash from squeaky noises and ****.

How is your state?
NY is one of the best Smash states around, imho. First off, we don't have that much of a MK problem here; maybe 5 or 6 such users, although they do still tend to win tournies... >___>;

And keep in mind, it's New York! You're gonna find the most varied, exciting, and overall friendliest bunch of people here at Smash tournaments.

NYC also has a ton of different landmarks, sure to please audiences coming from any of the 4 corners of the world. Definitely worth seeing at least once in your life, if you know what I mean.

How come you don't like to travel?
Mainly because I'm lazy, and I prefer to be conservative with my money and stuff.

Penta, how is he?
MISTUH PENTA SALAD

Can't even handle Snake's booty
dat ***

Real talk, he's an aight player. Needs improvement, kinda like I do.

Pokemon black or white?
Black. For some reason I'm the only person in the world who thought Reshiram looked cool.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
There are so many things Lucario has that works IRL but should theoretically get ***** on paper. I guess he's good in that people still fall for stupid **** like that, lmao

Oh, and Aura is an absolute ******. I get a kill when I'm at 150% percent, then I tack on another 90% on the guy's next stock after hitting him two or three times. Aura also serves as an immense scare factor for the opponent, and taking advantage of that can really put a match into your favor.

The problem is Lucario takes a ridiculous amount of patience to use. I see too many non-pro Lucarios just rushing in when they really need to take their approaches and waits a lot more... strategically.

Lucario's good, better than the average character, for sure, but I think a lot of people aren't conditioned to use him correctly...

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
My sister bought it already

I haven't played it yet, and I'm probably not going to, but I did play the first Alice on the PC a looooong time ago...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ok I'll start.

Many people consider you the best Lucario right now, you think this is true?

You hate the snake MU like many others do, you even said Lucario vs Snake is the freest MU in the game. How do you feel about it nowadays?

What are you major strengths as a player?

What was your favorite tournament?

I heard M2K went mad aggro on you recently, wanna tell the story?

junebug

Smash Journeyman
Many people consider you the best Lucario right now, you think this is true?

You hate the snake MU like many others do, you even said Lucario vs Snake is the freest MU in the game. How do you feel about it nowadays?

What are you major strengths as a player?

What was your favorite tournament?

I heard M2K went mad aggro on you recently, wanna tell the story?
1. mehh. trela and i both have individual strengths and weaknesses. for example, his tech skill is gdlk while mine is abysmal. i've SDed at least once at every tournament i've entered. thankfully its in the early rounds or friendlies so it doesn't matter that much. everynow and then though, i SD in an important tourney match. in general, trela is also very fast and aggressive while i slow things down and try to camp. doesn't always work unfortunately. :( but trela told me a couple days ago he was slowing down his gameplay, and playing much better because of it. so i guess its my turn to play faster. i try to talk to trela as much as possible, so he can point out things in my gameplay and vice-versa. we can all learn a bit from one another.

2. lucario vs. snake... actually, i did play a local lucario named Dank in the lucario-snake matchup. at first it didn't seem bad. he was actually beating my snake for a while. then i decided to vomit moves. and walk away. the sad thing is it worked. basic snake beats lucario. snake's complain about it because they're so used to using advanced techs to deal with high tiers. in actuality, walking away, shielding, f-tilting, and dash attack could be used to beat most lucarios.

3. major strengths... i have good reads occasionally? i don't really have any major strengths. i should probably work on that.

4. Apex 2, without a doubt. so many people, so many friends, so much hype, and i did pretty well at it. well, in doubles. :) i also met trela. he's a troll irl. (smirk)

5. ugh. idk what happened. i just got *****. it's all a blur.

How badly will you **** me if/when we play?
you'll probably win a few. ;)

I want to Lucario, teach me how
cross up side b.

Steam

Smash Hero
Getting the spacing for crossup sideb is a paaaaaiiin.

Also I saw your force palm flame kill on anti's mk. I love you

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Yo June, next time we meet in a National

let's remember to actually do the money match, k? ;p

junebug

Smash Journeyman

RT

Smash Hero
NNID