• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungMoney702

Smash Cadet
like the way u introduced urself Heartz; I guess that's y so many people checked it out and many wanted to challenge u right away. Thanks hope to see u around the threads

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Easily gimped and easily put down are two entirely different things.

Ike's not so predictable as you would like to think-if you played an Ike who just pursues and attacks, then of course he's predictable.

Ike is a mix.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
true, in the end it really depends on the player, I mean i'm still learning Luc's things and i'll admit i come off semi predictable at times, but thats just new main jitters, i'm sure your great with ike beat if you have played him for a while

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
If I'm facing a good enough person, they won't even let me grab them. When I'm facing better people, I barely even pick the Ice Climbers for that reason alone. I can use them without CGs but it's not as fun.

If I'm facing someone good, I'll stick with Diddy or Lucario.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I agree with everything there Beat, except for Dedede being under paint drying, and the Ice Climbers not being at the top. D:

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
lol, good fix, though I think root canal should be before Dedede

Edit: You do realize thats not all Lucario's do, they also combo you for a good 30 seconds and send your *** flying away

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Very true. Interesting that you choose Luc-after finally learning that at a higher level of play, Ike just dies...I decided to take up Luc tonight. No snake and no Ice climbers, etc...I don't main broken characters, just good ones. :p Snake's too strategic for my taste.

I do love mindgaming with Ike, though. Noob or pro, everybody fears his power.

I wouldn't say I'm great, but I've got a decent Ike. :) He's my main main.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Iceys aren't broken. Go for the dumb one. And out of all of the Ice Climbers mainers, about 40% can do all of the "broken" techniques.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Sorry. He was using Bowser and I love fighting him for some reason. I forgotten about you guys...XD
Ahem, he is a she ;) he's not really my best character but hes my favorite the most fun to use so I'm workin my arse off to try and improve him. My brawls with you will definitely help.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Sadly has 3 near identical moves. A GOOD Sonic is unpredictable. I am not one of those Sonics yet. I still need much practice. Sonic is difficult to kill with and I haven't practiced off stage manuevers enough.
I fell right into beat's attacls sometimes....XD

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
I know separating them is the key to winning...People protect them, though. :( Of course, this opens up options for the other players, but still.

I haven't really faced a good set of IC, so it's tough to say, really. However, simply "going for the dumb one" is not so easy as you make it sound.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
****it.

First the wii gets jacked and then, once I think I can play again, in goes the movie "Anastasia." Looks like I won't be playing you guys, unless you stay up 'til 1:30 or so. xD

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Well tommorow, you can face a good pair of ICs, headed by me. ^^

I'm one of the 40% that knows those dangerous techniques. I don't really like using them though.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Well, seeing as my main (and best) character right now is Ike, this could be painful. xD

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Well I'm done playing for the night, so you can find some ways to counter the Ice Climbers until then.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah. XD

I got it from someone in this thread.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It's honestly amazing advice. The person who said it must've been some kind of genius, and possibly the world's strongest millionaire.
Nah. It's actually pretty obvious stuff. Alot of people don't think about doing it though.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Are you there? We were disconnected. A few more matches than I'm going to sleep too.

And the honor by far is mine.

Well he left I guess. Thanks for the tips Beat. My Sonic will hopefully be less boring next time,since I'll have more oppurtunity to practice.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
...Thanks for deflating my ego (since I was the one who mentioned attacking the cpu Climber). Deh... Poor Beat...
No problem. I like to think of deflating egos as my job. :p

Beat

Smash Ace
Are you there? We were disconnected. A few more matches than I'm going to sleep too.

And the honor by far is mine.

Well he left I guess. Thanks for the tips Beat. My Sonic will hopefully be less boring next time,since I'll have more oppurtunity to practice.
Desu. I left the room intentionally, we'd played like 20 matches, and that hour-long Marth/Sonic fight took all my patience away.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Not you Beat,devilwillcry. XD Me and D got dissconected.

Sorry Devil,Wiif is being stupid now and I'm too tired to put up a good fight. So I guess we'll postpone it untill tomorrow. Good night

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
good matches super, you have a pretty good sonic, but a few words of wisdom, use your other airs, i don't recall seeing either Nair (semi understandable with sonic) and fair, one of his best aerials, also mix up your charges something you can do to play games with your opponent is using your side b and then jummping straight up, which can lead into different things, stutter stepping is great, and save your homing attack for gimping and possibly recovery depending, though for what you did you were pretty good.

ya man i'll cya tomorrow

Beat

Smash Ace
Gotta catch some rest, PM me some love or some good luck for tomorrow's tournament... Oh, and for fight requests. I think I'm brawlin' wifi tomorrow night.

-Beat

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Hehe my thumbs were being as dumb as the wifi. Couldn't tilt,or air for crap. XD Stutter stepping is too precise for wifi most of the time. I'll show you a much better Sonic tomorrow if I get the chance after much needed sleep. Running straight into full charged aura ball was just stupid on my part.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Thats true. They are no troublemakers and flamers here so it makes it more user-friendly. Good morning to you as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom