• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
The smash scene in NJ is great. They have tourneys often there, depends where you are located in NJ though.
Glad to hear it. I live in central Jersey, but I usually go to tourneys only at my college though, because of driving issues. People who go to those college weeklies include Keitaro, Eazy, teh spamerer, Inui, DM Brandon, and Yes if you know of any of them.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Snake is so lame, but if the only way to beat Snake is to pick Snake, then I'll have to be lame.
If you truly believe the only way to beat someone is by doing something like that, then you truly are average, learn your main instead of trying to counter others, use who your best with and expand them, make them your own

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I thought Pikachu was a pretty good character against Snake.

But Devil's right, I'm trying to find ways to beat some of Yoshi's toughest opponents (MK, Zelda, Wolf) and though I have been considering finding a new main, I'm going to try harder to just find ways around it.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
If you truly believe the only way to beat someone is by doing something like that, then you truly are average, learn your main instead of trying to counter others, use who your best with and expand them, make them your own
>_> *tongue bite*

Yeah, I'll keep practicing with Kirby. ^____^

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
>_> *tongue bite*

Yeah, I'll keep practicing with Kirby. ^____^
Tough love, I know (my word doesn't help when I use Snake XD) but I mean look at people like Beat, Ike is someone who has a major disadvantage against alot of opponents yet he's forged his own path with Ike, and has seen success with him, my advice is to watch other Kirby's, learn from them, and then forge your own style.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Glad to hear it. I live in central Jersey, but I usually go to tourneys only at my college though, because of driving issues. People who go to those college weeklies include Keitaro, Eazy, teh spamerer, Inui, DM Brandon, and Yes if you know of any of them.
Oh wow. Ok so your set. All of those guys are really good. Keep playing them and you'll get a lot better.

edit: somebody help me with my wifi i'm having problems :(

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
As I said earlier, Imitating it will not give you any real results
OMG. You don't understand anything.

For example. The reason why I had such a problem fighting Snake is because I never got a feel of his moves, so countering him was difficult. Ever heard the saying "know your enemy"? That is what should be put into play. Try to learn how to fight with the characters you have a hard time beating. I did it with Ike, Snake, and G&W.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
OMG. You don't understand anything.

For example. The reason why I had such a problem fighting Snake is because I never got a feel of his moves, so countering him was difficult. Ever heard the saying "know your enemy"? That is what should be put into play. Try to learn how to fight with the characters you have a hard time beating. I did it with Ike, Snake, and G&W.
I'm not saying knowning things such as a characters hit box and priority are a bad thing, hell thats essential, I'm saying is that any good player will have a style that will throw you off guard no matter what you try, and knowing how a few moves work together won't help in a real match. It would be like me trying to get good at Zelda, I may know her mechanics, but it won't help me against a good Zelda if my opponent knows how to adapt to the given situation, thats something I could learn by imitating her

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I'm not saying knowning things such as a characters hit box and priority are a bad thing, hell thats essential, I'm saying is that any good player will have a style that will throw you off guard no matter what you try, and knowing how a few moves work together won't help in a real match. It would be like me trying to get good at Zelda, I may know her mechanics, but it won't help me against a good Zelda if my opponent knows how to adapt to the given situation, thats something I could learn by imitating her
That was only basic information, Adam. No point getting all philosophical on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom