• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm votingto ban metaknight because he picked on me in high school!

....I had a weird childhood!

Don't forget smash at my house, Bojo Send Off tonight. You may come as early as 3 if you like.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Metaknight sodomizes my snake. My snake likes to be the one sodomizing....!

Hey everyone. Today's Wednesday... which means....

[Chinese]50 SEN CHEEBURGAH. YOU GET TWO CHEEBURGAH FOR ONE DOLLAH. I NO JOKE. I SAY OKAY. WHAT A DEAL.[/Chinese]

Haha. I'll be going to Cameron's after I leave work. Who wants me to pick some up for them?

Also, the McDonald's on Harry and Hillside no longer has two big macs for two dollars.:( Four-Rice told me about the deal too late.

On a plus note, the same McDonald's is giving away coupons for FREE 12 packs of Dr. Pepper if you order a value meal after 9:00 PM.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
@Karma: When do you get off work? Perhaps I can get a lift with you after I get off work.

@Affinity: My reason was simple, I was frustrated at the time when I voted to ban Meta. However, my stance has changed. I'll explain later.

@Recorders: Can someone bring recording stuff? I want to start putting up matches of myself on YouTube.

@Inferno: I'll bring the last few vids tonight.

@@@@@@@@@

I like that symbol.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Argh!!!!! I'm so frustrated now! I can't go to Cameron's until after 8PM! Mr. Doom is so flabbergasted!

On another note, Metal Knight has a yellow banana. Only one person is allowed to have a yellow banana, and that's Ike. :chuckle: Diddy and his gangrene don't count, cuz he has banana peels, not bananas.

Mr. Doom will bring his recording software with him. Mr. Doom didn't record any matches at Kahoka, so Mr. Doom is still sad. :( Affinity, bring your gear too.

Edit:[chinese]MR. DOOM WANT TWO CHEESEBUHGAH. MR. DOOM PAY KARMACIDE WHEN MR. DOOM GET TWO CHEESEBURGER FOR ONE DOLLAH.[/chinese]

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
it's simple steven. my best chance (and everyone's best chance) for the MK matchup is to pick up MK himself. and apparently my MK is already decent although i have hardly played him at all. i think that's a little silly. it kind of ruins the cp system because it's degenerating to mk dittos. it might seem like an exaggeration now but we are talking long term here. years. i think more people will start to figure out that you are only hurting yourself by not learning MK and at least his ditto matchup. and hey, if there's a matchup or two that gives you serious trouble...go ahead and cover those up with MK as well. or just main him. logically, i don't see a reason why anyone shouldn't be playing MK, he's that much more viable than the rest of the cast. this isn't melee where you have a core of characters at the top that can compete against each other. and you learn all of those chars for your cps. that core is simply MK, your cp is simply MK.

he's not broken good as a character, but what he can do to the metagame could get to that level anyway.

fragbait

Smash Master
Me and Gotan will be over soon. Yes, AND Gotan. Let's all MM him! JKJKJKJKJKJKJK

Also, I propose we all go out to eat tonight. Somewhere decent, and we all do a sit down, I wanna get some footage.
Speaking of footage...
Tempest....
Cameron...

@Steeler:
So is the Ivysaur challenge based around the Single player, or the Ivysaurs? What IS the challenge? For the Ivys to win or for the 1p to survive the 3?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Wooooooow... Totally gay. It's the revenge of the marijuana plants...

Edit: Holms, lug the TV on over if Inferno needs sets. The green bag of goodies should have all the stuff, too.

Edit 2: Hey, Mr. Doom found this on his smasher wiki. Mr. Doom thinks this is funny.

"Mr. Doom usually writes in third person on the Smash World Forums."

Edit 3: I'm booooreeed... Anyway...

"Today, I was eating a taco salad outside on a restaurant patio. I accidentally dropped a meat morsel on the ground so I reached down, picked it up and ate it. Minutes later I noticed the same piece of meat on the ground. What the hell did I eat? FML"

Twilight_Warrior

Smash Cadet
G'Dorf tier? Ryan, you are catching big time **** for this one.
But Ed, this goes back to our old DoA mantra...
TIERS R 4 QUEERS!

I take no offense at that Japanese Tier list, seeing as tiers dont matter unless you and your opponent have the EXACT same amount of skill. When does this occur? Never.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
But Ed, this goes back to our old DoA mantra...
TIERS R 4 QUEERS!

I take no offense at that *** Tier list, seeing as tiers dont matter unless you and your opponent have the EXACT same amount of skill. When does this occur? Never.
tiers matter end of story. they dont determine matchups but determine who has the overall best chance of doing well at tournies. just because a char is low tier though doesnt mean they cant win.

Holms

Smash Ace
BoJangles should post his results from today's little event; who he went against, who they played and how much money he stole from them.

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
Results of the "BoJo Challenge"

Okay, guys, here are the full results of tonight's BoJo gauntlet challenge. Total, I played 39 (!) matches against 16 different people. Dang, that's a lot of gaming. Anyone with a green name lost their set against me, whereas anyone with a red name won their set against me. Wins (W) and losses (L) are from my perspective.

Overall, I feel I did a good job! Only three people (Domo, Karma, and Inferno) completely shut me out in the set; the rest I gave some trouble. :laugh: Against everybody, I felt I put up a really good fight; only BoRn three-stocked me at all tonight. I've definitely become better since NO KOAST, I can tell that much. Without further ado:

BoJangles (:yoshi2:) vs.
Fragbait (:falco:,:lucario:) - W, W, -
Goten (:samus2:,:pikachu2:) - W, W, -
Degyn (:lucario:) - W, W, -
Inferno (:pit:,:gw:) - L, L, -
Holms (:luigi2:) - W, W, -
Steeler (:pt:,:metaknight:) - W, W, -
Zeton (:fox:) - L, L, W
Domo (:metaknight:) - L, L, -
Karma (:snake:) - L, L, -
Affinity (:metaknight:) - L, W, L
KY (:pit:) - W, L, L
Tempest (:zelda:) - W, W, -
BoRn (:diddy:) - W, L, W
Mr. Doom (:ike:) - W, L, W
Clel (:marth:) - L, W, L
4RCE (:diddy:) - L, W, W

Total Sets Won - 9
Total Sets Lost - 7
Total Matches Won - 22
Total Matches Lost - 17
Money Made - $14.00
**Alright, guys, I should have $22. What's the deal?!?! I blame Karma; give me your money!
***And just in case you guys can't tell, I'm totally kidding with the above statement.​

Thanks for all of the games guys! I really appreciate you all setting this up for me, even if I had a headache from staring at the screen toward the end. :) I'd say more, but I have some 'shoutouts' planned; I'll post them some time this weekend. Oh, and sorry to Stealth Raptor; I completely forgot to AIM you and set up an online match. I would have had a lot of support too. Let's play soon, even if it's not part of the gauntlet.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Mr. Doom had fun with BoJangles. Mr. Doom wants to play BoJangles again sometime. Mr. Doom and the Wichita crew will miss you... :(

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
no! Don't Leave Us! I Was Kidding When I Said I Was Glad You Were Extinct!

:(

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Note to Self: Never hit the B button when mashing out of egg lay off-stage on your last stock lol

Our games were a lot of fun Joe. Can't wait to see you again after the Summer :)

Karmacide

Smash Lord
**Alright, guys, I should have $22. What's the deal?!?! I blame Karma; give me your money!
Whaaa? What'd I do that was worth 8 dollars? *Holds onto money* MY money!

Mr. Bangles, you've been an inspiration and I think you've changed many hearts and minds about how good Yoshimitsu can be when played with intelligence and precision. You've encouraged me to play patiently.

Wichita and myself will lament until your return.

JoBangles: BRB

Karmacide

Smash Lord
If Mr. Doom and Holms still needs a telly, here's a decent one for $50. It seems to have component, S-video and is flat screen. Seems portable too.
http://wichita.craigslist.org/ele/1158759288.html

For any and all interested in Netbooks: there's a really good deal this week for an Asus Eee PC 1000HA Netbook. The specs are on par with mine, so if you've used it you'll know what to expect. The major differences are this one has no bluetooth and much longer battery life.

Asus Eee PC 1000HA Netbook - Intel Atom 1.6 Ghz, 1GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, Webcam, 10" WSVGA LCD, 6-Cell Battery, Windows XP Home for $289.99 after rebate at Zip Zoom Fly.
Price will show as 339.99.

Use code "momday509" to get discounted price of $319.99 - $30 rebate = $289.99

Available in black or white.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10010251&prodlist=celebros
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10010298&prodlist=celebros

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Hey, exactly when is Genesis and where will it be held at? ( I have a friend who might make it possible to go to that event)

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Mr. Doom is about to get a DVR. Dazzle Platinum likes to desync the audio with the video.
Although I've never used a Dazzle, that's usually an issue with codecs and encoding. Not with hardware.

Can I borrow someone's Dazzle sometime? I'd like to test drive that baby myself and figure it out. I'm pretty good with tech stuff.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Mr. Doom is converting the files, now. The ones with Mr. Doom and Karmacide are ridiculous.

Edit: Karma, I'll let you borrow mine, but you'll need the cd and code and what not.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Mr. Doom is almost done with the conversions. Videos will go up later on, starting with those featuring Mr. Doom.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
OK guys i have gotten the official go ahead for gigabrawl on the 20th and 21st. i am making it two day so we can do brawl and melee, unless you think we can fit it into one. also i worry about the kc people trolling the brawl people (and vice versa [stares at fino]).

EDIT: if you guys get me stage lists for brawl, i can get the thread up. ill use the same rules from E52 for melee. the venue comes with 8 TV's, so wiis/GC stuff will be more important then tvs. also housing is VERY DIFFICULT for KC people, so that may be a problem.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
OK guys i have gotten the official go ahead for gigabrawl on the 20th and 21st. i am making it two day so we can do brawl and melee, unless you think we can fit it into one. also i worry about the kc people trolling the brawl people (and vice versa [stares at fino]).

EDIT: if you guys get me stage lists for brawl, i can get the thread up. ill use the same rules from E52 for melee. the venue comes with 8 TV's, so wiis/GC stuff will be more important then tvs. also housing is VERY DIFFICULT for KC people, so that may be a problem.
If I had to finalize a stage list for this tournament, I'd use the one that was used at Kahoka Me Your Moves without Green Greens or Luigi's Mansion.

Top Bottom