• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Yeah wtf items. what happens in vegas........Better stay in vegas.

And will people stop picking up G&W! Lol i kno he is god tier.... but seriously he ***** pikachus so hard. dont make me sic my olimar on you guys......

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Evo must have had a collective rash of *********** flooding through, that's the only explanation....or they've been getting tournament ideas from the guys who make the online ones at AllisBrawl
A little over a month ago Mr. Wizard, (the guy who runs shoryuken.com), put up a thread asking for peoples opinions on how the SSBB EVO ruleset should be and almost EVERYONE wanted items, especially smashballs; which is what led to the ruleset you see now. After a little while of people complaining about the ruleset the big boys of EVO claimed to have evidence that items were completely fair and balanced and went with the conclusion that if smashboarders couldn´t come up with good evidence that items made the game unbalanced or unfair that they just werent going to listen. Pretty ********...

i started to play G&W and am totally dominant with him so far. as soon as you get back affinity i will totally play against you!!!
Good, now you might actually give me a challenge :p

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
Good, now you might actually give me a challenge :p
heh, yeah...

funny story time!!!!...
i picked up G&W and beat pong and vlad all night... well.... pong did get a game or 2 but thats besides the point ;) when i did this transaction vlad picked up PT... not knowing that G&W DESTROYS PT's lol.... then i crushed his lucario with DK lol he threw my controler he was using at the GameCube, opening the lid to reveal that melee was inside lol... i play too much smash!!! 8D

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
How do you guys pride yourself in a game that's noobish as ****
How are you always such a douchebag?

Dark_EDGE said:
funny story time!!!!...
i picked up G&W and beat pong and vlad all night... well.... pong did get a game or 2 but thats besides the point when i did this transaction vlad picked up PT... not knowing that G&W DESTROYS PT's lol.... then i crushed his lucario with DK lol he threw my controler he was using at the GameCube, opening the lid to reveal that melee was inside lol... i play too much smash!!! 8D
lol that IS pretty funny. Can´t wait to play you when I get back to the states.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
We need to get some video footage up for us (and by us, we need stuff of me, because I like me so much), so everyone can totally bash us, the ungrateful heathens. What was up with the lag though from the system you were trying to use last weekend, Affinity?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Hey guys I'm back home!!! Next time we meet I have some funny stories to tell involving Captain Falcon, International Dancers, and Pesos :chuckle:

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
This story already sounds full of awesome and win.

BTW I meant when you tried to hook the system up through that splicer so you could record off the feed, but the control for us came out superlaggy.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
BTW I meant when you tried to hook the system up through that splicer so you could record off the feed, but the control for us came out superlaggy.
Ohhhh okay I remember now.

The splitter I was using can only connect composite cables and the TV Nynja has uses the other kind with blue and green cables (forget the name) to eliminate lag. So basically the choice was "Record while playing with lag" or "Don't record while playing lag-free"; hence why we didn't record.

EDIT: Ice Climbers are really starting to get me worried: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZm-En-8tSA

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Hey guys I just had great idea!

How fun would it be to have a Wichita vs. Derby Crew Battle?!

If you're interested let me know!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
we could but there is not really much of a crew...but anyway i wonder if karma will go to the brawl tournament in KC....if not then i could probably team up with you affinity ... i think it is just me and u that are confirmed to be going so far...

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
we could but there is not really much of a crew...but anyway i wonder if karma will go to the brawl tournament in KC....if not then i could probably team up with you affinity ... i think it is just me and u that are confirmed to be going so far...
Sure. Karma said he might be able to go though, and I think I remember Nynja mentioning that he'll be able to go.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
My only real problem with the Kansas City tournament is transportation there. If somebody didn't mind putting up with me, and hauling me there, I'd go, heh. Bah, Ice Climbers, it's a good thing their grab range isn't too great, just gotta **** Nana up early.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
playntrade looks pretty cool...that be funny if you convinced one to come here.

people on gamebattles are sooo good now a days geeze...

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright, so I talked to a rep of Hawthorne Suites and I really think we're gonna have to find another place to host our tournament.

She told me that the cost to rent the rooms is no less than $400. On top of that if anyone there is under 21, then we're required to hire professional security guards to be at the event. I'm not feelin all that...

EDIT: I talked to my dad about the situation, and hes allowing me to use his car lot for the tourney

BEFORE ANYONE BRINGS UP WHAT HAPPENED 2 YEARS AGO, he said we'll be able to use it at night (which was the main problem last time).

I'm still wanting to run it on a Saturday and he's allowing me to run it all day. It has more than enough room and will work perfectly.

Next time we meet I'd really like to talk about this before we do anything.

P

PK_Kid

Affinity, AttackStorm, whats up guys? I'm the shiek from the KS Mall Melee Tournament. You know, the one with the lame prizes haha. I've seen a couple of you guys' vids on YouTube. We should get together n play sumtime. I main Lucas and MK now. MK jus recently tho. So I know yall are goin 2 the KC tourney next saturday right?

EDIT
And I don't appreciate this site callin me a noob >=[

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
lol noobcheese. Get him!

Anyway yeah that sounds cool. I'm free all this weekend, just give me a call as per usual. If you need help organizing it or something, I'm a good guy to fall back on, since I'm probably the worst of us out of the lot at actually playing anyway. Heh.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Affinity, AttackStorm, whats up guys? I'm the shiek from the KS Mall Melee Tournament. You know, the one with the lame prizes haha. I've seen a couple of you guys' vids on YouTube. We should get together n play sumtime. I main Lucas and MK now. MK jus recently tho.
Hey whats up man. Yeah you should def come and smash with us sometime. We usually meet on Saturday afternoons; if you have questions then give me a call: 390-4741

Good character choices btw. Lucas was my first main; I can give you some good tips.

PK_Kid said:
So I know yall are goin 2 the KC tourney next saturday right?
Yep, the JCCC Brawl Tournament - Saturday July 26th: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179957

I'm pretty excited; the last one was awesome and pretty much all us Wichitans placed well. You should go; its gonna be sweet :)

My only real problem with the Kansas City tournament is transportation there. If somebody didn't mind putting up with me, and hauling me there, I'd go, heh.
You and PK Kid can catch a ride up there with one of us. No problem.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
I'll be at the JCCC Brawl Tournament this time, I need to train up against other players before I go though...

Ment

Smash Rookie
I've been training D3 up for the brawl tournament. I promise not to stall the whole things down, like some other D3s lol.

P

PK_Kid

I wish I could play you guys this saturday but I got a double at work so I'll be there all god**** day. I will be making it to the JCCC Tournament tho. I already have a ride, but thanks for lookin out Affinity.

So I was playin brawl today and realized... my Lucas sux now haha. I need practice. I'm like 10 times better with MK now which wasn't what I was goin for. I pulled off Minus' combo tho! =D

AND HOW THE **** DO I GET THAT n00b **** OFF?! It's pissin me off lol

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm good to go to Kansas City next weekend for right now, if anything comes up to change that, I'll let you know in advance. I'd really like to play in the doubles if one of you guys need a partner for the JCC. I think we should make it a point to play on some more of the counterpick stages this Saturday, notably some of the more ****ed up ones (Green Greens? You ****ting me?). I promise not to pick Random at the actual tournament lol

Edit: PK if you want to get the noob off, just post more, it changes with post count.....newb. :laugh: *laughs maniacally*

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
For anyone wanting to smash this weekend we'll be meeting at Nynja's place tomorrow, probably around 1 or 2pm. We're also gonna talk about how we're all gonna travel up to Overland Park next weekend.

In other words: If you want a ride up to the JCCC tournament be at Nynja's tomorrow!

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
unfortunatly there is a magic tournament tomorrow so we wont be able to join the n00b get together tomorrow... 8D

hutchinson will be there the 26th to PWN FACES!!!!!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
the melee tournament is this saturday :) hope to see you guys there!
well i wish i was up to snuff in both games but right now im incredibly rusty in melee. so ill probly hold off for following Saturdays brawl tourny.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Man, honest to God, I bet if I had to I couldn't even wavedash now anyway. My Pichu would look like it was having a seizure on the ground or something instead.....yeah I play Pichu STFU. JCCC sounds like it's going to be a blast, and I've been meaning to go out and do some more. I sit around too much...even if all this amounts to is sitting around in a completely different location.

Yeah The Dark Knight is just wow. I fully expect a Heath Ledger pity Oscar this coming round, but he deserved it. All the acting is just top notch and the writing is incredible.

Top Bottom