• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
How were doubles circuit points distributed for teams that broke up during the circuit for the MW-W circuit?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I used the previous circuit system where teams were granted points only for that particular team. Any new partner started your points over. Overswarm came up with a new way of doing it.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Overswarm came up with a new way of doing it.
How Team Points Work said:
Teams points are for your team. Should you change team members, your most used team for the circuit will get exactly one fourth points for your other placements added to your total score. Your other teams cannot be considered for prize money and are effectively "disbanded". If you have a different teammate each time, your most recent teammate will be used.

This rewards consistent teammates, but doesn't punish you harshly if you have to have a random teammate.

For example, a player that gets first for 3 events (40 points) but changes teams every event would have 20 points to add to their final score of 40 at the champs for each event.

40 + 10 + 10 + 10 =70 points from that one player. Assuming his teammate got 3rd at each event prior, (5 + 5 + 5), they'd have 85 points total.

30 + 30 + 30 + 30 =120 (a team getting second each event)

As you can see, this does not allow you to team with a different person every event and make bank at the end. If you happen to team with someone random due to missing an event but got 1st with your teammate every other time, it would look like this:

10 + 40 + 40 + 40 = 130

Thus allowing you to miss a grand total of one event and beat a team that gets 2nd every time with consistent teammates!

To sum it all up for you without examples:

You may only receive prize money for one team at the end. The most played (or most recent if the teams all had the same number of events) will be used and that team is effectively disbanded and cannot be included in the rankings.

If you change teams mid-season, you will get 1/4th the points from your previous events added to the team being ranked.

All teams points are used for seeding for the championships.
This is what Overswarm has, for those too lazy to look it up. It's interesting to say the least

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
It requires more work, but in my opinion, it's more fair, especially for a circuit in an area as big as ours that requires lots of travel so sometimes players can't make it to everything.

((Edit: Wave of new Black and White pokemon were revealed for those of you interested, check them out at Serebii.net))

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Mass Effect, Fable series, FF13, Fallout. No particular order.

[[I assumed that the FPS games could go without saying]]

Depster

Smash Champion
So I'm gonna be in Wichita this afternoon just hanging out so I guess if anyone hosts today I'd like to be texted about it. 316-323-3041. Please give me the address, who's hosting, the time, and who you are if you text me, and please don't spam up my inbox lol, I don't like texting very much besides my monthly texts being limited in number.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yeap i'm planning on getting ssf4...maybe forza motorsports? i heard it's a good racing game. borrowing left for dead 2/gears of war 2/ff13 from a friend.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
STFU STEVE!!!

Halfway thinking about playing brawl again. I still hate the game, but I miss the tournies and the people. Maybe I'll start goin to tournies with ssf4 or bb side events... idk tho.

Did anyone here like Loz from Advent Children?
I did =]

Karmacide

Smash Lord
I'm sorry. I retract my statement.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is the pinnacle of fighting games and Native American Indians are indeed "almost Mexican".

STFU STEVE!!!

Halfway thinking about playing brawl again. I still hate the game, but I miss the tournies and the people. Maybe I'll start goin to tournies with ssf4 or bb side events... idk tho.
Haha everytime Kyle says he's gonna start playing Brawl again, it just takes one night of playing it to change his mind.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey guys, I'm going to need your help with housing. Nebraska says that they'll bring 2-4 people, and MJG needs housing as well. I'm pretty sure Missouri and Iowa will need housing for SLAST as well, but they haven't made any posts yet. So who can help house these guys?

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom