• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Omnath

Smash Ace
lol. I have a hat that's almost like number 2... I actually like number 1 the most. If I wear it with my trench coat I can look like a German WWII Officer!
Actually, I would have taken number 1 too. Especially since you said military outerwear. Looks more suited to what you said.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
an ASIAN german WWII officer?
It could work! The Americans had an ALL ASIAN (Mostly Japanese) unit fighting in Europe!

The 442nd Infantry Regiment also known as the GO FOR BROKE Regiment.
Wikepedia said:
The unit became the most highly decorated military unit in the history of the United States Armed Forces, including 21 Medal of Honor recipients, earning the nickname “The Purple Heart Battalion”
Asian Overachievers!

Karmacide

Smash Lord
ill repeat. an ASIAN GERMAN WWII officer?
LOL. Why not? You racist or something?! Oh wait... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

While on the subject of Military: I really like reading about Military BADASSES.

Jack Churchill

Jack Churchill was a British WWII soldier known for going into battle with a bows, arrows, bagpipes AND A ****ING CLAYMORE. Not a land mine! A SWORD!

He was the only British Soldier to kill an enemy with an Arrow during WWII.

In 1943, he and another soldier under his command infiltrated a town under the cover of darkness and took 42 hostages... using HIS ****ING CLAYMORE.

Once, his unit was surrounded and as the German forces advanced, the Germans threw grenades at him and his unit killing his comrades, but only STUNNED Churchill. Churchill had run out of ammo and had resigned himself to death when the Germans advanced and was PLAYING HIS BAGPIPES when the grenades hit him.

When the war in Europe was over, he was being deployed to the Pacific theater only to have the Atom Bomb end the war before he got there. His reaction? "If it wasn't for those **** Yanks, we could have kept the war going another 10 years!"

An eccentric until the end, Churchill tossed his briefcase out of the window of the train he rode home every day shocking other passengers not knowing that he was throwing the briefcase into his own backyard. It saved him the trouble of carrying it all the way home from the station.

That's Jack on the far right. WITH HIS ****ING CLAYMORE.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Why would you want to be in something called the Purple Heart Battlion? that's like advertising "Everyone in our unit gets shot and/or killed."
I don't think they WANTED to be there. :laugh:

The unit had 3,000 soldiers in it... the group received 9,486 purple hearts. Each guy was wounded an average of over 3 times!

They once liberated a French Town. The French freaked out and initially thought the Japanese were invading!

Another Badass!

Hiroo Onoda

A Japanese Intelligence officer deployed to the Philippines. He was ordered to never surrender or take his own life and was told that the Americans were cunning and would use trickery to try and get him to surrender. The war ended in 1945 and leaflets were dropped to inform him that the war was over. He didn't believe them. He continued guerilla warfare on the island until 1974. He ignored the islanders and information as propaganda and believed that WWII was still going on... for almost 30 years after the war was over.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
loooooooool at andy's two war heroes. especially the last one. if you have any more stories like that, keep em comin!

Omnath

Smash Ace
lol This is something I should tell my old history teacher. He always gets a kick out of telling insane war stories. Like this 65 year old man during the 1800's who was shot 6 times, took out 6 British soldiers and STILL lived.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Why do I do this: search through the thread and post "epic win?"

We need to deal out this stuff at NO KOAST. Squirtle approves.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
From these past few posts I'd think Karnacide is waiting to shoot up an entire village.
No! I'm a pacifist. I just like stories of wartime heroes or eccentrics. These men were both haha.

I'm glad you guys like these! These guys are just fascinating to me.

Simo Häyhä

There's nothing funny about this guy, he was pretty much just a badass Finnish sniper.

Nicknamed "The White Death" because of his completely white snow camo. During the Soviet/Finnish Winter War he had 505 confirmed sniper kills (about 550 if you add unconfirmed), the highest number of kills for any sniper ever. He also had about 150-200 kills using a submachine gun bring his kill count up to at least 705.

Working in temperatures between −4 and −40 degrees, he preferred to use an iron sight rather than telescopic sights to present a smaller target (the sniper must raise his head higher when using a telescopic sight), to prevent visibility risks (a telescopic sight's glass can fog up easily), and aid concealment (sunlight glare in telescopic sight lenses can reveal a sniper's position).

He would eat snow to conceal his breath.

All of Häyhä's kills were accomplished within 100 days, prior to injuries caused by an enemy bullet. That's about an average of 5 kills per day. The winter's day was about 5 daylight hours long so he killed about a guy for every hour of daylight that he had.

Before his injury, the Russians tried several ploys to get rid of him, including counter snipers (killed them all) and artillery strikes (he survived being carpet bombed).

He was shot in the face with an exploding bullet and his comrades remarked that he had "half his face blown off". This stopped him... for a week. When he regained consciousness he demanded to be sent back to the front lines, however, he had regained consciousness on the very day peace was declared.

Can you imagine this guy playing Call of Duty? I can just see it.

"Every time this guy SIMO_ HAYHA[FIN] signs on to the server I get no-scope killed!"

A lot of people criticize his record because of the Soviet tactics of "Human Waves", Häyhä had plenty of targets to shoot at. The Soviets pretty much just threw a whole bunch of ill-equipped poorly trained soldiers at a problem until the numbers won out. They pretty much ZERG RUSHED. :laugh:.

The Soviets won the war, but the difference in numbers were amazing.

fragbait

Smash Master
No! I'm a pacifist.

The Soviets won the war, but the difference in numbers were amazing.
This is Snake. Subterfuge and misinformation phase of infiltration compete.
lol, seriously though, Wholy **** FINLAND WRECKS

I have a lockerz account now, anyone want an invite? It's like Swagbucks, but a lot more free and a lot less hassle.

Omnath

Smash Ace
In swagbucks, there's tons of ads and you have to jump through hoops to get even 1 swagbuck, and you still pay S and H.
At Lockerz, you just log in (2 points) and answer a daily question (up to 10). Invite a friend and you get 10 if they join.
W.T.F.

W
T
F

Why? Why bring this up ever?

Top Bottom