• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Official Team Disccusion(Giving the board more life)

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
O_o i hope this accepted. Anyway i been thinking for like the longest that ZSS is quite possibly one of the best Characters for team battles. The last time i team battled with Sintros we did pretty good(RIP Sintros from Brawling lolz) We even got to play Snakeee and blackanese.

I personally like as a partner Power Houses such as DK,Ike and the list goes on. I have yet to partner with a snake XD i hope it turns out well.

For Partner list state what color you want for your name and for your partners.

ZSS Team Pros and Cons:

Pros: Racks up damage very easy, Stunning Opponents could lead to deadly results, Healer for ness and lucas, Fill Mr.G&W bucket and probably could have chain combos such as:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez1i_yu3rbo .(lolz sorry but its a start didnt get no videos with sintros :( )
Thats all i got for now feel free to add.

Cons: losing battle with Armor pieces can be a problem for both your partner, The game really depends on you because your not suppose to be KOing but giving alot of damage.Your partner Main task is to kill any1 who is weak so if you kill more then your partner he was doing a bad job.

Information:
I'd have to say her best partner would be G&W.
The Dsmash + bucket shenanigans are DEFINATLY useful
Also, both have killer ariels. So it works out very well against characters who don't do as well when airborne.
GW/ZSS...obviously. :)

What sucks about this team is the lightness of both characters. That and GW can kill ZSS at like 80 or 90 by accident...And ZSS can kill GW around 90. I think it's better to have a consistent partner to make this team really work.
I found Lucas and ZSS team to be a little awkward, though it may have just been our chemistry. It seemed like they want to do the same things on the team and that creates conflict.

I loooved teaming with AC, a beastly Snake. He's an excellent player, but that aside I felt like I could really take the lead, knocking our opponents over to him for him to punish, and he would stock tank and get the early kills. Snake isn't competing for air space with you either
I have had good experiences teaming with a MK and a Lucas (different people)

A good stock tanking Lucas can live pretty much forever. ZSS can borrow stocks as needed, and heal amazingly. Lucas also possesses the raw killpower to destroy an opponent at 60-70% out of a stun

MK is of course an amazing teammate on any team, but ZSS is not one of MK's best teammates, others are better.

Now the the list of people who you like teaming up with:
P4LK--Sintros,FaytedChaos, and mrfingers2007(on youtube)
Nicholas.Riddle-Ness(Shaky)/Lucas(Galeon).
FK1-ChuckNasty(G&W)

Thats all i got for now today ill try to post as much as i can i won't have computer since im moving back to NY tomorrow i will still post on my psp but i wont edit but i got a friend with a computer so probably can update every 2-3 days.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'd have to say her best partner would be G&W.
The Dsmash + bucket shenanigans are DEFINATLY useful
Also, both have killer ariels. So it works out very well against characters who don't do as well when airborne.

FK1

Smash Journeyman

1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k8ZDrAhFsY
2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saijaN7cl28

FK(ZSS) ChuckNasty(G&W) Both blue...

More vids to come as we go to more tournaments. ;).

What sucks about this team is the lightness of both characters. That and GW can kill ZSS at like 80 or 90 by accident...And ZSS can kill GW around 90. I think it's better to have a consistent partner to make this team really work.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman

1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k8ZDrAhFsY
2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saijaN7cl28

FK(ZSS) ChuckNasty(G&W) Both blue...

More vids to come as we go to more tournaments. ;).

PM those videos to Dazwa so he can add them the video archive.

Your information will be recorded.

solecalibur

Smash Master
snake / ROB seem better team mates since they can recover high/over recover
G&W seems to obvious and once the team you vs knows the battle situation its really easy to separate when they are attempting to fill the bucket up we should ask G&W mains to come visit this and have their input on it

noradseven

Smash Lord
ZSS/Marth has always been a solid team to me which seems to need little prior teamwork to work, just 2 competent players who know how to move in doubles.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
snake / ROB seem better team mates since they can recover high/over recover
G&W seems to obvious and once the team you vs knows the battle situation its really easy to separate when they are attempting to fill the bucket up we should ask G&W mains to come visit this and have their input on it
I honestly don't think so. I mean I guess if you are mindlessly trying to fill the bucket then you get punished. But I don't know. We've placed top 5 in every doubles tourney we've participated in. And people know our team and still can't beat us...

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I found Lucas and ZSS team to be a little awkward, though it may have just been our chemistry. It seemed like they want to do the same things on the team and that creates conflict.

I loooved teaming with AC, a beastly Snake. He's an excellent player, but that aside I felt like I could really take the lead, knocking our opponents over to him for him to punish, and he would stock tank and get the early kills. Snake isn't competing for air space with you either

Adapt

Smash Lord
I have had good experiences teaming with a MK and a Lucas (different people)

A good stock tanking Lucas can live pretty much forever. ZSS can borrow stocks as needed, and heal amazingly. Lucas also possesses the raw killpower to destroy an opponent at 60-70% out of a stun

MK is of course an amazing teammate on any team, but ZSS is not one of MK's best teammates, others are better.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
game and watch is just outrageous with zss.

not even because of the bucket thing (though that's definitely a plus)

but because he has really good kill moves to finish off the damage dealt by zss.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
What are some specific strats for a ZSS+Marth team. I just found out I'm teaming with our local marth for WGF. He's pretty aggressive if that makes any difference

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
What are some specific strats for a ZSS+Marth team. I just found out I'm teaming with our local marth for WGF. He's pretty aggressive if that makes any difference
Well i haven't really played with a marth as a partner but i can see some great combos with Marth against snake and maybe some other characters. I think Marths front throw sends them forward it takes them a bit to recover so ZSS can down smash them or something. Teams Always have endless possibilities.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
G&W also doesn't die that late with good DI and bucket braking, although the latter is only accessible when G&W's bucket isn't filled (usually, it's also better to die when your bucket is full, just because of the bucket's utility).

For sure, though, in the ZSS/G&W team, both players need to know the team mechanics inside and out. FK and ChuckNasty show a lot of knowledge--more than just about every ZSS G&W team out there--but even they missed a lot of opportunities and got too focused on filling the bucket when they only had a small opening.

I'd like to see what happens when some pair really masters this team.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
G&W also doesn't die that late with good DI and bucket braking, although the latter is only accessible when G&W's bucket isn't filled (usually, it's also better to die when your bucket is full, just because of the bucket's utility).

For sure, though, in the ZSS/G&W team, both players need to know the team mechanics inside and out. FK and ChuckNasty show a lot of knowledge--more than just about every ZSS G&W team out there--but even they missed a lot of opportunities and got too focused on filling the bucket when they only had a small opening.

I'd like to see what happens when some pair really masters this team.
^This right here

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
Im a wario main and i team with a ZZS. The team seems to work pretty well since we are both good in the air and her dsmash lets me land cheap wafts.
Wondering what you guys think about the team? any tips?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
That looks like a good idea, especially if your gonne set team attack of. (Some people rather have it off, to try and find new combo potional in doubles without hurting each other..)

I cant really give you any tips, because I suck, and the only doubles I have played are with my Diddy with some friends mostly playing Marth of Ike.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS/GAW is the best or second-best team in the game.

ZSS isn't even that good in teams and this team is just amazing. The bucket thing needs to be saved for only one of two situations though:

1. You kill both of your team's opponents and are left on the stage alone
2. ZSS dies and comes back; during this period you can use GAW's bucket invulnerability to refill the bucket with impunity

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

ZSS isn't even that good in teams and this team is just amazing. The bucket thing needs to be saved for only one of two situations though:

2. ZSS dies and comes back; during this period you can use GAW's bucket invulnerability to refill the bucket with impunity
No. You always fill the bucket whenever you have the opportunity, because you don't know when you'll get another. This is a basic concept. The fact is that edgeguarding and juggling can't hold a candle to the utility that the full bucket has in terms of options and mind games. If you have thirty frames to spare--whenever you have them--just fill the bucket even if it's just once. If you have a second to yourselves, fill it twice (at that point, any thing that fills it the last time will be a OHKO). If you have a second and a half or more, you fill that sucker with dsmashes.

The thing that is difficult about this team is both players need to be able to recognize all of the possible opportunities for filling the bucket, and act on them without communicating. I fully agree that it is the best or at least second best team in the game, but it's also one of the hardest, because of how much experience both players need with each other.

noradseven

Smash Lord

ZSS is great in teams... I have no idea what your talking about I think she is B in singles, at least A maybe even S in teams.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I know its a bad time to say something in the era where in since ADHD fails at doubles but good in singles , if you find a good enough diddy in your area GET HIM since you work the sky he works the ground and since I play vs enough Diddy mains I know how to handle bananas a bit better and Glide toss banana -) D-smash -) D-smash = **** and even if the team knows your tactic , its easy for them to punish compared to bucket punish

noradseven

Smash Lord
I know its a bad time to say something in the era where in since ADHD fails at doubles but good in singles , if you find a good enough diddy in your area GET HIM since you work the sky he works the ground and since I play vs enough Diddy mains I know how to handle bananas a bit better and Glide toss banana -) D-smash -) D-smash = **** and even if the team knows your tactic , its easy for them to punish compared to bucket punish
I roll fairly well with this team as well only because of how much I fought his diddy so he can practically toss nanners at me and I will just grab them.

Top Bottom