• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Matchup Discussion

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Oh yea bair also clanks with her suit pieces....so you don't need to be too scared of them lol.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
You can catch them with bair as well. Slight advantage imo because we have a stronger damage racking game.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So can we all agree on even here or what do you guys think?

I definitely don't feel like we have an advantage in the matchup but I don't feel overwhelmed either.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Eh, just don't know enough about this MU to say for sure. She's definitely one of those characters that has that initial period where you just have to learn how to play against her before you can assess difficulty of MU and I'm pretty sure I haven't faced any good ZSS's to be able to do that.

tl;dr Just notifying Mars that my silence at least is because idk about the topic and not because I'm ignoring it.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It's understandable....it's a very rare matchup. Never played a high level ZSS myself.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Hahaha, nice

I am with everyone else... IDK about this match up. My best bud mains her and I have hundreds of matches against her but he isn't a pro. Still though, it might be enough to know the simple facts.

Her stun pistol has start up lag so you should be able to avoid it on reaction. Approaching ZSS can be tricky because of all of her long range attacks.
You should also be aware of DSmash. At the ledge never ledge drop and perform anything, you are asking for a DSmash> spike. It might also be a good idea to never attack either. So she pretty much limits you to ledge jumping and rolling which is mad bad. I guess attacking is alright but it always seems to get punished by her stupid jab.

Also, beware of suits pieces. They are nasty and I hate em. You can try and control them but just know that they flop on the ground for a while and have a hit box during this. Samus is better at using them than you.

When Samus is recovering needles are your best friend.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
yes but sheiks jab is faster than zss' dtilt so she could potentially fair>crouch>jab and be safe on your shield? dunno i'll have to test.
Depends on what fair's advantage on shield is?

Also, I thought ZSS ledge options were really good?
No one has good ledge options :awesome:

Edit: Nefarious B were you the other ZSS at R3 besides kokaloo? played him but didnt get a chance ta play you.
Yeah I was there, ugh I was horrendously rusty, I played so badly at R3 johns johns johns. I don't have much sheik xp though so I haven't commented much. The only one I can remember playing is Sake's secondary sheik he's been working on. I beat him pretty easily but he had some bad habits I was exploiting so I take it a Sheik main wouldn't be as easy

Top Bottom