• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS loses to Falco

Salem

Smash Champion
Ehh... I don't think it is bad at all.

You just need to time things correctly and be PATIENT and not be an IDOIT thinking you'll get away with using a TRASH playstyle to fight against such a char.

You need a seriously defensive and smart playstyle to actually win, else you'll lose.
Anything else is wrong, no johns. We need to actually think diffrently AKA we have to play more gay than him by using a simple strat, time and timing... CoughtrialanderrorCough

Next...

You also have CPs and strikes. YI ***** but will most likely get striked or some BS thing like it being banned, I think it is a good CP against Falco cause the edge, platforms and shyguys help block 50% of the lasers for you, 100% if you crawl. so no problem should occur and the edge allows free down-b cancels so it is a VERY nice stage. <3

You'll most likely wanna go to stages like YI, PS1 OR NOT SV AND NOT FD leaving you with BF if you striked correctly, the stage is also much smaller than you think so it is indeed a great stage to take Falco since he loves running away with that phantasm of his. >:3
So you should know what to do there afterwards, get him on a platform and ****.

Last but not least is ban the most wide Falco camping stage AKA FD iirc, Even though you can **** him there too if done right.

If the Falco picks japes you aren't screwed, I myself love going there and i'd might CP it against him. XD
Anyway... just expect alot of phantasm's and try to EVENTUALLY punish it with an angled F-tilt, do not rush else you will lose. stay in the middle of the stage and down-b Falco if he ever lands on one of the two other sides, if he shields it he'll fall off and be on the ledge. if he doesn't he is most likely screwed from the great knockback, if he PSes it and hopefully... you edge canceled the down-b and quickly grabbed the ledge... if not you just lost a life... depending on your percentage CoughdonthavealowpercentageCough. First to the middle of the stage wins... usually.

I never played on the other Falco CPs EVER except FD/SV/JJ/FG

What I believe the MU ratio is from my point of view...

Zero Suited Samus Aran vs Falco Lombardi: 55 SLASH 45 Zero Suited Samus Aran's advantage.

Though this is all my opinion anyway so this post is ignorable, Kthxbai.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Salem, just being defensive isn't enough. Good Falcos know where his lasers will frame trap you even on PS, and they'll use that. The fact is, ZSS doesn't have enough good defensive options to deal with those frame traps. This isn't Marth, who can just grab Falco for his trouble. This isn't MK, who can just beat the frame trap spacing with tilts. This is ZSS. You have to approach match-ups from a top down standpoint. Sure, a Falco offstage is likely to stay off stage against a skilled ZSS, but a skilled Falco is not likely to find himself offstage against even a skilled ZSS, and that's more important. The fact is, from a neutral position, which will be the most common in a match, Falco controls the match, and ZSS doesn't have the tools to engineer a long-lasting turnaround.

Salem

Smash Champion
Salem, just being defensive isn't enough. Good Falcos know where his lasers will frame trap you even on PS, and they'll use that. The fact is, ZSS doesn't have enough good defensive options to deal with those frame traps. This isn't Marth, who can just grab Falco for his trouble. This isn't MK, who can just beat the frame trap spacing with tilts. This is ZSS. You have to approach match-ups from a top down standpoint. Sure, a Falco offstage is likely to stay off stage against a skilled ZSS, but a skilled Falco is not likely to find himself offstage against even a skilled ZSS, and that's more important. The fact is, from a neutral position, which will be the most common in a match, Falco controls the match, and ZSS doesn't have the tools to engineer a long-lasting turnaround.
You think I don't know about the frame traps? lol
I myself at the least do best being defensive against the character, trial and error is indeed a powerful weapon.

Skill is only part of the metagame/playstyle of these characters, WHICH we can indeed change... we aren't going to be stuck with the same MU ratio forever, we must do something diffrent.

Also, my Zero Offensive Playstyle guide will come out soon.
Zss's seriously need to know how to deal with this little "bread" touching problem of theirs.

M@v

Subarashii!
Riddle we should of practiced more :(

I could of helped with Falco vs ZSS.

Play me at Columbus :D.

Btw for falco counters, Ice climbers **** him the hardest.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
You can crawl under the Lasers to avoid getting spammed so much in the beginning. That will usually force them to approach with a Side B or use their reflector. I usually throw away all the projectiles since they use the Reflectors.

Also I avoid close combat with them to keep from getting CG'd to spike in the beginning... once you rack up damage....and you your percentage gets up to about 30 or so...I think the winning ratio is much closer. Just remember to Crouch to to Dtilt when are under the lasers.

I've played Shugo's Falco many times... and I've beaten him once outta the 10 times I've played against his Falco with my ZSS... and His Falco is easily 2nd to DEHF IMO. I also play Kirby so...that means he won't play falco against me... So that makes me want to learn the match up more.... So keep practicing and watching Vids..and we will all figure out the best ways at defeating a Top Falco...

noradseven

Smash Lord
So good now I have more ammunition for that local falco player who tells me the match is barely in falcos favor(because we go about even). In all honesty **** this match :(, I don't blame you for losing riddle, this matchup, is brutal, I would personally rather play ganon against MK then this matchup.

Also the way you beat a top falco is counter pick pikachu, the quicker you realize this the better you will do.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Pika is your best bet unless you want to spend 2 months in a basement smoking pot learning the CGs

solecalibur

Smash Master
Snake is broken against falco I guess I dont vs good enough falcos yet because they say its 50/50 lol

zApollo

Smash Ace
Falco wasn't such the nightmare I thought he would be. You guys seem to overproportionalise our disadvantage.

solecalibur

Smash Master
^^^ dont hate me I just vs not the best falcos with my snake and I lawl when they try and kill me at 150%

I've seen other videos, I know how the MU can be annoying lol

solecalibur

Smash Master
If you dont want to throw your controller at the other player, the other player is playing badly

Top Bottom