• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh yeah
Going to a tourney tomorrow, will be streamed.

Planning to beat Holy and get 1st, but I might also end up getting 5th and anywhere in between.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So I planned to beat Holy and I did, in winner's semis. Then I lost in WFs to an Oli player (who got first and 3-0'd Holy in GFs) and I lost to Holy in LFs :(

Happy that I beat him but...3rd is not enough :(

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
They should be up fairly soon. Within a week, I would guess.
Some of them are going to have commentary with me and some other dude, and it's terrible XD Mostly because I have an ugly voice and the other guy mumbles like hell, interrupts me all the time (so at many points we were both talking) and brings up useless frame-data-theorycraft information >.<

After Holy beat me in LFs he was telling me how I was making a bunch of mistakes, and not playing as well as I did in winners' semis. He suggested that it was because I lost in WFs, and that the same thing happens to him; if he loses to somebody then in his next set he doesn't play as well. I don't wanna john, but...I felt like that was the case. Facing Tin Man is very frustrating.

@ Loli - Lol thanks. Yeah 3rd isn't bad and overall I wouldn't say I'm upset with how I did but I feel like I can get first at the next tourney.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah man facing Olimar is a *****. Good **** on your performance. Canada still free tho but maybe slightly less free now you're there :awesome:

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
There IS a way to get a dair-lock... I've never been able to do it...
I just posted that I was gonna ask Salem about this as well as you, Dakpo and maybe V115 not to sure nobody really seems to listen to me when I post but I was just playing with the sand bag not too long ago today and found this very technique.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I actually figured it out. I just thought you could do it to everybody, and that it was the landing shock wave hitbox that did it. You just dair Snake after you d-smash him before like... 7... and the dair auto-locks.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah. He's saying that if you land a dsmash on a Snake when he's at really low percents (ie at 0 works, he was saying anywhere under 7% but it was just a guess) you can follow up with footstool dair, which will force a reset, and from there you can just dsmash normally (I think Snake will be at DAL percents after dsmash footstool dair dmash x2).

After 7ish (again, 7 is a guess) the dair has too much knockback to force a reset.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah I just tested it out, you have to hit with ONLY the sourspot (first hitbox) of dair or else it won't reset.

Lol **** this, dsmash x4 --> DAL/fair on Snake instead lul

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Double post because I think I just made a very important discovery (sorry if you guys already know this)

But yeah I just found out that sideB and neutralB enter the stale move queue as the same move. In other words, using neutralB will not only stale your nB, but it will ALSO stale your sideB. And vice versa.
The only way for this to be false if my code (my RSBE01.gct) somehow causes this and an unhacked version of Brawl doesn't, which I will go test now.

Yup, just tested, it's part of the actual game, and not because of my hack. So yeah, when you wanna hit that SV balloon, the statues on CS or the gooey thingies on Brinstar, don't shoot them XD.

On the bright side, this means using another move will refresh both of these. And no, it doesn't also apply to upB/usmash/dsmash/nair/fthrow. It's only nB and sideB. Still very unfortunate though :(

Edit: No longer a double post because Dakpo's a jerk.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
That's not a very bright side when another move would have refreshed them even if they weren't linked lol

ZSS DeLux Edition might make an appearance in some high level games this weekend in singles. I think I'm almost at the point where I'm comfortable using them over ICs with the set on the line in some matchups, but I'll never know where I'm at unless I try.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Silent paralyzer does nothing for you though. The animation is still slow enough to react to, and it's not like we get any frame advantage for it.
Stupid ZSS. :(

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
V is right about the Sibe/ Stun Gun entering as the same move.

I've known this for a very long time. Thought you already knew. But.. You can still use it for baits and stuffs.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
It was probably one of those things I knew and forgot. I use paralyzer so little as it is...
I'm starting to like it more though.
Oh well, I'll just be safe until they're at 180.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
It was probably one of those things I knew and forgot. I use paralyzer so little as it is...
I'm starting to like it more though.
Oh well, I'll just be safe until they're at 180.
I assume you're Excluding DDD/ D3 in this one.

Top Bottom