• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Armor Piece Combo

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Some players who mains Samus tend to play well with ZSS (Zero Suit Samus) too, so based on that fact, When you fight against players who mains ZSS, these players will try to use the Armor Pieces and throw against you in the beginning of the Match to Inflict a several damage since the Armor Pieces are Heavy. This strategy is very useful against Heavy and Large characters like Ganondorf and you will get ***** easilly in the First Stock.
So I made many tests with the Armor Pieces and I made a Useful Combo that works very well:

Here is the Link of the ZSS Armor Piece Combo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frXWFDDtCOk&feature=channel_page

Aerial Combo:
- Aerial Flame-Choke -> Down Toss (Armor Piece) -> Wizard Kick [Does 32%]

Ground Combo:
- Flame Choke -> Down Toss (Armor Piece) [Does 19%]

* Unfortunately, The Aerial Combo works only when ZSS has 0%.

* The Ground Combo can be performed at any Percents.

* In the Aerial Combo if Wizard Kick connects with the Ledge, can be cancelled, so its possible to Perform a WKC at the final of the Combo.

* You can perform with all Armor Pieces, and these Pieces inflict the same Damage.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Is aerial FC -> Town Toss really garanteed?
I get the feeling she has enough frames to buffer a roll. Or?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Would the grounded one be a glide tossed Down Throw? If so, are you sure we can't do anything out of that at lower percents?

EDIT: That being said, if they play both Normal Samus and ZSS, they really should be going normal Samus for this matchup.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Is aerial FC -> Town Toss really garanteed?
I get the feeling she has enough frames to buffer a roll. Or?
My friend the Aerial Combo works very well when I made the tests, You need be very Quick too.
I think its possible to perform a final Flame-Choke after Wizard Kick. =]
So.. Z1GMA,
If works here, is Guaranteed... make your tests either =]

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Okay, I don't know about the rest of the combo, but you absolutely cannot guarantee a Wizard Kick>Choke.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Here's the problem with the aerial combo:

You have no one hitting buttons for P2. There is more than enough time for P2 to roll before you can throw the armor piece down.
Also, while the Wizkick CAN hit, it would be very easy to DI out of, or hell, even jump over and punish.

Grounded combo is a good idea though.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Alright, first off, EVEN USING FLAME CHOKE WHILE THERE ARE ARMOR PIECE ON THE STAGE = FAIL IDEA.

That being said, you should approach with walking (so shield is accessible) and some form of auto-canceling aerial (I find Dair catches well). Once you obtain a piece, IMMEDIATELY toss it at ZSS to try and quickly close the distance.

After that, there are much better combos you can do with armor pieces, since you can cause them to bounce, and make delicious traps for Ganon to abuse.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Hold on !
I didnt say that the Aerial Combo is much better and Useful than the Ground Combo !
I just made a video with the BASIC and POSSIBLE combos that you can do with the Armor Pieces.
There are more useful combos.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Alright, first off, EVEN USING FLAME CHOKE WHILE THERE ARE ARMOR PIECE ON THE STAGE = FAIL IDEA.

That being said, you should approach with walking (so shield is accessible) and some form of auto-canceling aerial (I find Dair catches well). Once you obtain a piece, IMMEDIATELY toss it at ZSS to try and quickly close the distance.

After that, there are much better combos you can do with armor pieces, since you can cause them to bounce, and make delicious traps for Ganon to abuse.
This video was just a demonstration of something you could do with it.

Also, immediately throwing it at them is kind of a bad idea in most cases, unless maybe if you glide toss it, because otherwise they're just going to shield it, and you just lost your armor piece. Glide tossed though, you could probably follow it up with a Dtilt shieldpoke.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
. . . . . . . . . No.
Landing a choke can actually be easier when you're holding an item.
I think you're right man...

I prefer make the Aerial or Ground combo to Inflict more Damage than perform a simple Armor Piece Throw against the opponent.
And I see no problem about Usage of these Combos.

Mind Games boy ! =]

@HomE

Smash Ace
This only works on one character that no one ever plays, and regular Samus is much better at pwning Ganon anyway. Not to be a negative nancy, I'm just saying I have only played like 1 ZSS and he got spiked at the end of my "murder" video...

I think the Banana stuff was alot sweeter, but thats just my opinion..

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
ZSS is MUCH more common than normal Samus @Home, but you're right, normal Samus buttrapes Ganon so much harder...

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
This only works on one character that no one ever plays, and regular Samus is much better at pwning Ganon anyway. Not to be a negative nancy, I'm just saying I have only played like 1 ZSS and he got spiked at the end of my "murder" video...

I think the Banana stuff was alot sweeter, but thats just my opinion..
I think you're Pretty Right @HomE. Banana Choking is alot sweeter than ZSS Armor Piece Combo...
The Banana Choking is much better.
But look,
We Need be prepared for any eventuality.

Look Kalm, He will participate in his Tourney, I think He can use the ZSS Armor Piece Combo against any ZSS Player. I dont know how often ZSS Players appears in Tournaments. We dont know the Future man, But we can Provide my Friend.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
There are NONE here, I have literally NEVER played someone who can use ZSS at all...
Really? There's like 2-3, maybe a bit more, in OH. MWC events usually pull up more. They aren't as plentiful as Diddies, MKs, Sonics, Kirbies or Lucarios around here, but they're definitely there.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I've played probably over 10x more Samus's than ZSS's.
I would love to play more of the suit-less ones but no such luck thus far.

Ant1

Smash Ace
So i tested the grounded combo, and it does not work at all. It is completely DI avoidable. The armor pieces don't even connect. Even when i tested it with them hitting, DI'ing with ZSS, launches her away from any other follow-up attack.

I am still abit etchy on if i did it right, so i will test it some more, so don't respond to this just yet.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The armor pieces don't even connect. Even when i tested it with them hitting, DI'ing with ZSS, launches her away from any other follow-up attack.
If you Glide Toss the Armor Piece ASAP it's garanteed to connect.
But your right in that the follow ups aren't garanteed.

Ant1

Smash Ace
If you Glide Toss the Armor Piece ASAP it's garanteed to connect.
But your right in that the follow ups aren't garanteed.
Oh woops ur meant to glide toss it! Doh!
What i was doing was DI-ing hard to the left or right out of the flame choke, it was avoiding it without a glide toss. But yeah the glide toss is unavoidable. But very hard to pull off, took my brother quite a few tries to get it right. But yeah no follow up's are guaranteed after the piece hits. I didn't try the aerial version, but that has so much more lag, i don't think it will work. I'll test it later.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It's because you're thinking of it litteraly.

Imagine C.Falcon litteraly Falcon Punching someone... I don't know how the F that would look like c_c
Lol. you just gave me the best mental image ever.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
While we're on the topic of "things not connecting", I tried Banana Choking a Diddy about 10 times a while back, and I couldn't connect any hits at all. I don't know weather it was because of the lag or something else. Is the banana follow up after flame choke truly garanteed?

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
While we're on the topic of "things not connecting", I tried Banana Choking a Diddy about 10 times a while back, and I couldn't connect any hits at all. I don't know weather it was because of the lag or something else. Is the banana follow up after flame choke truly garanteed?
Kalm, I have the same Problem. When I tested the Banana Choking, I couldn't connect any hits too. I think I made something wrong.
Nice question Kalm: "Is the banana follow up after flame choke truly garanteed?"

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I tested it with my "irl"-foot buffering a roll from Diddy ASAP, then GlideToss ASAP.
I works from what I can tell.
Go try it offline and see what you get.

*A little confused now*

Lol. you just gave me the best mental image ever.
Hey, You have to share!

Top Bottom