• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zomg my MARTH!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm a pretty bad Marth. No Jokes. Be Gentle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImbEAymPPo4

But yeah, this is the first time my Marth's been viewable on the internets so, enjoy. Hopefully some other matches including myself will be viewable soon - ZING.

Seriously though, I look back and this and think "was I high?" I was so overly aggressive and fsmashed too often and I badly spaced my aerials ;_;. Like who the **** bairs TOWARDS someone, ughhhhhhh. Oh yeah, and I roll too much

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Hmm...

For MK's Side-B, DI towarsd him in an upward semi-circle. You'll get out early to punish or try to set-up something.

Some of those high recovery DS's were good (as in it threw the MK off), but try not to overuse it. I think it cost you a stock or something. Plus you did it every time.

If DB is shielded, either don't commit to it (stop at first strike) or slow it down and make the third variation go down. The angle it strikes now is similar to Dtilt, and will shieldstab.

Also, if third hit down hits at the handle of Marth's sword, it'll spike slightly (it's a fallback to allow you to GTFO for having bad spacing).

You used Uair a few times to approach MK, which I declare is absolutely unsafe. You didn't try to weave in and out your Fairs either. you committed to go forward with them, but not enough for Junk and mine's classical Fair crossover to Dancing Blade (sorry Junk, I have video proof I came up with it first, I think >_>).

And yeah, too much Fsmash. Which is why that tipper didn't kill.

Is the song some sort of Kirby in Dreamland remix? It sounds like the Dark Dream bubble thingy + Green Greens.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Stop double jumping so early when you get knocked off the stage thats why you were so easily taken care off with shuttle loop. And throw in some grab releases when fighting me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Let me throw out some JOHNS.

- Brand new controller. The reason I wasn't using dancing blade too often was due to this pretty new controller ****ing me around in the process (I kept failing it).
- Custom controls... wasn't using them.
- Obi-wan started with the high ground against Darth Vader, but IT WASN'T TO OBIS ADVANTAGE.

I agree to the counter thing though, I don't use it even though I know in retrospect I had quite ample opportunity to. Especially against Metaknight, I've been UGHH'd by countering against Metaknight and having his many fast attacks outprioritise it... (YES, WHAT PAIN).

I hope my opponent isn't lazy and uploads some other matches soon.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Lol, ive never seen a MK fail with a side-B like that. (Sui-side ftw) Anyway, let me start out by saying u used dolphin slash well (hitting MK outta his whorenado made me cry tears of joy). Ok now for the tips. For one, you probably dont want to be above MK, EVER. He has too many multihit, laggy hitbox attacks that he can use against u. If u end up above him, feel free to counter as soon as u see him jump at you. Use tilts a lot more, as Pierce said, and also abuse dancing blade. Use the down variation for damage and the normal one for killing or knocking MK offstage. If u want, you can try short hopping backwards into a shieldbreaker just to catch ur opponent offguard if they like rushing in to pressure you. As for your recoveries, they obviously need some work. Use the DB stall technique only when u are below the stage and u expect your opponent to edgeguard. If you want to edgeguard MK, dont. The only viable approach is short hopping towards him and countering (save ur 2nd jump).

Top Bottom