• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zombie Apocalypse

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
ZOMBIES!

A flesh-feasting bugger stumbles into your room. What do you do?

Forget long-term planning. How do you escape your room when he blocks the door? Weapons? Diversion? Window? What's your escape?

My room is a basement with blocked windows. My bed being right next to the door, I'm at an immediate disadvantage. If this were to happen later today, I could make a run for the baseball bat on the other side of my room -- thick and long, it would handle a zombie skull quite nicely.

But if this were to happen even just a year from now, I'd have a mighty advantage -- a Beretta 92FS, 9mm of course. I'm not quite sure where I will put it once I make the purchase, but it will probably sit safetied on a shelf just next to my bed along the wall. Snatch that up, unsafety, and a quick headshot.

Alright. So you've escaped your room and told me how.

Five minutes to grab some items from your house. Take your pick!

I'd grab the big travel bag by my leather chair and take:

-Some food: My haven (more later) won't be giving me things for free until imminent zombie assault. Thus it's good to bring some outside food. Mostly nonexpirables.
-Baseball bat: Very useful, probably the best availabe bludgeoning tool in the house
-Kitchen knife: Just a few, they're good tools and I could have one in my left hand while smacking zombies
-Beretta: If I have to explain this one you won't last the apocalypse
-Booze cabinet: Maybe a little to calm my nerves, but I'm more thinking molotov cocktails...
-Cigarettes: May prove useful as a torch, burning aid, or just to calm my own nerves.
-Car keys: (already in my pocket)
-Lighter: (pocket)

Okay, your five minutes are up and you have to get out. Time to find a safe haven.

What's your haven? I have a long-term zombie plan, but there's no time for it if a zombie just got in my room. You need a big safe haven with all the supplies you'll need for the years it'll take the zombies to rot/starve. Arranged in order of increasing zombie urgency... (if you choose to make one, pick one pit stop per haven)

Haven #1

Caution - Just enough zombies everywhere to put any longterm plans to rest, but enough to travel at least half an hour.

A mall on the south south of my city. Smaller than another one closer to me, I admit. However, the larger mall lacks a Wal-Mart or other superstore, while this one has two.

Pit-Stop: S.I.R. - It's a lot harder to get a gun in Canada, thus I'm not covered by a Sam's Club or anything in that department. That's why S.I.R. is my pitstop, as it's a guns & hunting accessories shop. I'd spend every cent to my name there, since everything else is covered by the mall. Note that you can only use money in this hypothetical you actually have. I would probably have some money saved up by then, since with my Beretta and complete 007 collection (which I'd grab if able), I'd have no big purchases coming. On top of student loans, I'd have about five grand to blow on some more guns (and bullets!)

Important things I'll have at this mall:

-Food: Several places in the food court, all with their own freezer to avoid wasting precious food. Also plenty of unspoilable stuff at the Wal-Mart and London Drugs
-Other people: A sole survivor is unlikely in a zombie invasion. Having other people around increases the things you can accomplish both by manpower and education/skills.
-Entertainment: Everything from a movie theatre to a big electronics store to a book store, this stuff is more important than you think, as it retains sanity and gives you something to live for besides life itself.
-Possibility of a mate: Hey, why not? Thinking longterm, you might have to repopulate the planet...

Haven #2

Imminent - Travel time limited to half an hour or less:

The other mall I mentioned, which has less doors and is thus harder to break into.

Pitstop: S.I.R. once again

Haven #3

Danger! - Zombies are everwhere. Travel time limited to fifteen minutes.

Wal-Mart. There's a Wal-Mart like five minutes away. If I can make it the extra five minutes, I'd go to Safeway as it has more food. Kind of a toss-up.

Pitstop: For Wal-Mart, the nearby Domo gas station. Load up jerricans. For Safeway, Liquor Mart is a ten second run away, so it's worth loading up on molotov cocktails (and recreaaaatioooon!)

Haven #4

Abandon all hope - Travel time is limited to running distance. Two minutes by car, if that.

If I busted some serious *** and commando-rolled out of my car down a hill and managed to use the momentum to run even faster, I could still make the Wal-Mart. Otherwise, I'm boned. I could perhaps make it to a nearby corner store which has loads of food, movies, and cigarettes, but that wouldn't last me more than a few months, a year if I really push it and am by myself.

Pitstop None allowed for this. Your pitstop is your last stop.

Okay, picked your haven? 'Kay. Let's assume it's one of the less bleak Zombie Imminence levels and you have time to summon friends and family. Be warned: You don't have time to save the weak, not anymore. Think up your own skills and those of your closest friends and family... who could really help you if you had to survive the end of days? What role/skills do they have? It's time to assemble... your zombie posse.

Note: Try to figure out what role they play (not necessarily one of these I've listed or even one already seen in zombie lore), why they are essential in combatting the undead, what skills they have, etc. And remember, this is limited to people you know well in real life and in your immediate city or township. No uncles from the East Coast, unless you live near said uncle on said Coast. Oh, and try to say where they'd get their weapons from.

My Zombie Posse

The Cop

If this were to happen in a few years, I would have a big big big advantage over the common member of zombie-afflicted society as, yes, I'll be bacon. But not to the undead, dammit!

Even if this happened a year from now, I'd still have my handgun and what meager self-defence skills I've picked up over the years. I clearly spend way too much time thinking about zombies and like to think I have a pretty analytical mind, making me an adequate candidate for the leadership role if Ash Williams or Shaun don't happen to be at St. Vital Centre. Anyways. Worst case scenario, I can shoot zombies good. Best case scenario, I can hiptoss and handcuff them too.
Weapons/Skills
-(pre-cop) Marksmanship, marginally above average strength, baseball bat, Beretta
-(post-cop) Handcuffs, self-defense, air taser (likely ineffective), billy club

The Slayer

There's a supreme unbeatable warrior in every group of people. I am not this man. This man is a deranged killing machine, bred from birth probably for the soul purpose of defending normal people like me during the zombie apocalypse. I know him well. We have beers on football nights.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) Thick oak canes, extensive martial arts, extensive wrestling technique, far above average strength, dirty fighting morals are nil
-(ranged) Surprising marksmanship, bolt-action rifle (his best firearm, I'd buy him one during pitstop)

The Hunter

There's often one in every group, particularly in America. I know one as well. An outdoorsman that almost rivals his pictorial representation (but not quite), he's a small but sturdy man that is almost as prepared for the zombie apocalypse as I am, and more adept at what it takes to survive it should the haven not hold.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) Roughly average strength, above average durability, a sword (dunno why he has one)
-(ranged) Shotguns (he owns several and would probably bring them all, he could handle at least one or two)

The Swordsman

He just loves medievel weaponry. Particularly the sword. I fenced for a few years, and played him once, and his skill is definitely formidable. His nonuse of firearms makes him a very efficient ammo-saving ally.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) Far above average speed, swords (I think he has one, but I'd buy another or two at S.I.R.)
-(ranged) None

The Pyro

Most of us knew that guy that made bombs and set stuff on fire for kicks. I hung out with him. That's really all there is to it, toasted zombies are the best kind.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) None, could handle a torch
-(ranged) Molotov cocktails, flamethrowers, bombs... he could improvise them

The Driver

A guy that's been driving fast as long as he's been driving, he may have a promising career as a stunt driver if the zombies don't invade (but we're not that naive)
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) None, average fighting skills
-(ranged/other) Fine-tuned sports car and great driving skills

The Guard

A man that's been around the block and seen the worst of things.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) Above average strength, kevlar (could bring more for others)
-(ranged/other) Revolver (could bring more), armored truck

Jammer

Smash Lord
Aghh! Too long, even with pictures!

And I see we're supposed to talk about something, but I'm not sure what.

I guess I'll ask a question: Did you make that up yourself, or did you get it from somewhere, EE?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Attention spans these days astonish me. In a bad way. There is no such thing as too long when you're trying to survive zombie insurgence! Anyone who thinks so will quickly succumb to the feasting.

I wrote that all off the top of my head after a week of being so ruined by wisdom tooth surgery I did nothing but watch zombie movies. I guess I'll give a template of what you're supposed to discuss for the topic and stuff.

1) A zombie walks into your room? What do you do? Escape? Fight? How do you accomplish your goal?

2) Alright, you've escaped. Five minutes to pack some things. Pick them out and remember to get something to take them in.

3) Now for a Haven, that being a safe place that can hold back zombies while keeping you alive and sane long enough for the zombies to rot or starve. Pick out four, based on these four increasingly dangerous Zombie Imminence (ZI) levels. You can make one pitstop for each haven except in the highest ZI level. For your haven at the safest ZI, include the things you'd find there that you feel make it the best available safety net.

1- Caution - Just enough zombies everywhere to put any longterm plans to rest, but enough to travel at least half an hour.

2- Imminent - Travel time limited to half an hour or less

3- Danger! - Zombies are everwhere. Travel time limited to fifteen minutes.

4- Abandon all hope - Travel time is limited to running distance. Two minutes by car, if that.

4) Assuming zombie-levels are at level 1 or 2, you have to assemble a Zombie Posse. This is a group of your close friends and family, but only those that would actually be useful in a zombie apocalypse, and only those roughly within your city limits. List yourself and them, and any skills or weapons each individual possesses. Convince me why your Zombie Posse would survive the end of the human race!

5) A bonus... once all this is done, what do you do with your time? How do you manage life at your haven, keep that balance of entertainment and physica/mental readiness for combat?

Jammer

Smash Lord
A zombie in my room?

Hmm... I would probably just back away from it, then when it gets within 3 or 4 feet, I'd do some kind of feint and rush past it to the door, closing the door behind me. Can zombies turn doorknobs?

After that, I'd probably go outside to see what's happening. If I saw a zombie, I would close all the windows, lock all the doors, and just stay tight in my house. I'm not sure if zombies can break through windows or anything. Let's hope they can't.

I'd just survive for as long as possible on the food in my house. If somebody comes to my house and wants to go somewhere else, or they hand me a gun and tell me to go hunt some zombies, sure, I'll go with them. It sounds like fun. But I really don't see much need to get out of my house.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
*brings Smash and Gamecube in case of Zombie Apocalypse*

*is killed by Zombie Marth*

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
My immediate advantage is being in a gated college campus...

But taking the story into account:

Two zombies manage to stumble past the gates of the Rhodes before the gate automatically closes itself (**** that stupid kid who didn't shut the gate properly). The zombies break the window of my bedroom, immediately waking my slumbering roommate. I startle from my futon and run to see the cause of the commotion. Having read the Zombie Survival Guide in preparation, I instinctively searched for the most available tools for combating the zombie menace. Unfortunately, being on a secure college campus has its downfalls as my roommate and I are left to battle the zombies armed only with an electric piano, guitar, lamp, and my toy lightsabers. We catch a lucky break: the window of our bedroom is blocked off by my desk and cabinets. After pounding on the wood to no avail, the zombies move further up to the window of our "living" room and manage to break it as well. We quickly swing the lamp at the zombies and manage to hit one in the head. Good thing my dorm was already a mess. Not wanting to deal with the other zombie, we quickly hurled the microwave. Score. We barricaded the window with the other two desks.

Time to find a safe haven: Luckily, Rhodes has disaster preparation and there's a safe haven with enough food, gas masks, etc to last the entire campus for about two weeks. We quickly leave our dorm hall to find that most of the campus has been already been active in anti zombie defense. Guess campus safety is useful after all. All students and faculty on campus have been herded toward Barret Library and we meet up with the populace there. We quickly fall in line and help organize security teams to guard the gates on campus. The stench of chaos coming from downtown Memphis blinds us; we knew that the campus was the only place left untaken. The "Rhodes Bubble" name would finally be put to the test.

My Zombie posse:

Mike the Campus Safety guy (Cop):

Mike usually checks to see if there's a Rhodes parking tag on our car before letting us in, and sometimes can be seen kicking back with the frat boys. He's in charge of organizing the security frame behind our gates and making sure no zombies get in.

My suitemate Jason (the Slayer):

Jason's a born and bred hardass and a good man to have fighting back the zombie menace. His weapons would probably consist of a golf club or some other random tool.

My roommate Allen (the hunter)

Hailing from Dallas, my roommate's got plenty of hunting experience. Unfortunately there's no rifles on campus, so he'll be limited to blunt objects and cafeteria knives until we organize groups to head off campus in search of weapons and food.

Chris the RA (The Swordsman):

I dunno if he actually has any experience with using a sword, but he's got the goofy mindset we need to keep us calm and collected. The Michaelangelo of the group, if you will.

Myself (The General):

If Chris is akin to Michaelangelo, then I must be the Leonardo of the group. Classically trained in the ways of leadership, I keep the group together.

Weapons:

Plastic Guitar Hero guitar (1 use)
2 Toy Lightsabers (2 uses each)
10 collected cologne bottles (flammable, 1 use each)
lighter (somewhere around here)
scissors

Teams have been assembled and there is a 24/7 watch around campus. Our wireless is down, so laptops and cell phones are useless for communication. We hear music playing from the library through old fashioned battery powered stereos. **** pseudo-indie kids, I was never really into that sort of stuff.

We survive a total of 6 weeks on our own with limited casualties. But now, we've exhausted the cafeteria food and care packages from our parents. It's time to move into the city. We organize 2 groups of 5 cars each to move out in search of food and supplies. Our closest supply store is about a half mile away at the Exxon. The other team will have a more arduous journey to the Schnucks about 3 miles down the road.

Looks like my team is going to Schnucks.

*more later*

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
1) A zombie walks into your room? What do you do? Escape? Fight? How do you accomplish your goal?

I lack weapons, sturdy melee tools, definitely no ranged weapons so... I'd almost certainly die.

So... I'm warping to my apartment in florida... I got this in the BAG!
Oh no a zombie breaks into my apartment! I don't have my own room so on my couch based abode I have plenty of room to move around and dodge around the zombie and so I can pick up one of the many heavy game systems or furniture items that liter the living room. This would give me enough time to grab the dulled katana out of my room mates room and his spare keys giving me an easy means to clear a path to the car.

2) Alright, you've escaped. Five minutes to pack some things. Pick them out and remember to get something to take them in.

ready to eat food is scarce, it always i. I grab a book bag and fill it with bags of cereal, can food items etc. my cell phone, already in my pocket of course, my DS :) and a laptop if I can shove it in.

3) Now for a Haven, that being a safe place that can hold back zombies while keeping you alive and sane long enough for the zombies to rot or starve. Pick out four, based on these four increasingly dangerous Zombie Imminence (ZI) levels. You can make one pitstop for each haven except in the highest ZI level. For your haven at the safest ZI, include the things you'd find there that you feel make it the best available safety net.

1- Caution - Just enough zombies everywhere to put any longterm plans to rest, but enough to travel at least half an hour.

Attractive, air port for sure. If I can aid in securing the airport then I'm not doing bad at all. getting in will probably be the hardest part but once (and if) I can prove I'm not a zombie we have this place set. from here we have enough ammo, man power and security to hold up for a long time as well as get in reinforcements and supplies out idiots and injured.

My pit stop? None really, restaurants and hotels are the only things between me and the air port...

Um... see above.

Full sail. literally a 5 minute walk from me. with it's shater proof glass and tinted windows combines with it's magnetic key tag door locks it's relatively zombie proof. lots of room to move and semi decent food supplie. enough resturants around for teams to make runs back and forth. We could eventually build enough strength to make it to the airport

pit stops, gas station on the corner, steal some food shove what I can in my bag, the rest goes in the trunk.

4- Abandon all hope - Travel time is limited to running distance. Two minutes by car, if that.

haha "time travel."

See above - the pit stop.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You were trying to get me with this topic, weren't you?

Read "The Zombie Survival Guide" if you made this up. If so, sorry, but it's been done quite well. :(

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Reserving my spot in this because I have to go to work, but I'll edit this later!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
You were trying to get me with this topic, weren't you?

Read "The Zombie Survival Guide" if you made this up. If so, sorry, but it's been done quite well. :(
I didn't have anyone in particular in mind, but given our discussions about plausible zombies, I bet your post would kick ***.

This isn't really a survival guide. This is more of a zombie questionnaire or a fill in the blanks, whereas the ZSG (though I started reading it after that post and am only a bit in) seems to be kind like a really long post by a guy named Max Brooks.

I find this more fun as you get to figure out how your zombie adventure would play out, whereas ZSG would probably tell you how it would play out. Also this gives us the benefit of adding in specifics. Like one's Zombie Posse.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Will edit more in later

First of all, note that I changed many of the names of the people mentioned in my story.

If I'm awake, I'd pull out the knife I carry, and fend the zombie off just long enough so I could run back to grab my guitar and darts. Next, I'd smash the zombie in the face with the guitar and quickly throw the darts at its face, whether or not it fell to the ground. I hurriedly grab my cell phone, iPod, and get the **** out of there.

1. I grab a backpack
2.Things in my pocket-Cell phone, iPod, house keys
3.Weapons-There are 3 swords in my basement, I tie 2 to my belt and carry the other, as these will be, by far, my most effective weapons. There's also 2 muskets(yes, muskets) there, but I only take 1 so I can use the bayonet(if I had enough time to grab them).
4. I shove my laptop in my backpack
5. I shove 5 kitchen knives in the backpack
6. Ski mask and gloves

3)

****, all right, I have a lot of options, but I'll do the one that's most likely. The friends that live nearest me, Salex and Alvaro(18 and 17, respectively) come over. We now head over to the abandoned house 2 houses down from mine(it's not really abandoned, it's just that a crazy drunk who's lost everything important in his life resides there). Bare in mind, said neighbor doesn't really give a **** anymore, so he'll let us move into his house so we can establish a headquarters(I'm serious, I could probably walk into his home and sleep in his guest room for a night, and he would be totally cool with it). While we could go to the high school by us, the people in charge there are fools, and will only slow us down and get us killed. (10 minutes)

Once we leave our belongings in the house, Salex and I head over to the local Super Fresh(5 minutes away). While Al keeps watch of our stuff and to make sure the neighbor(Dave) isn't a kleptomaniac(as he was other many, "bad" things in his life). When Salex and I reach the supermarket, we split up, with Salex jacking the supply truck full of soda in the back of the store, while I hurriedly run into the store and dump various food & drinks into my cart(I can't look at what I'm getting, no time). I rush the extra food into the van and jump into the driver's seat as Salex veers off in the distance. (10 minutes)

I follow him back to the house, and jump onto the supply truck and dump everything out into the yard. After that, Sal drives off to dispose of the supply truck and get back his van as Alvaro, Dave, and I bring the food inside the house. Next, we make the house look dead as it possibly can be(it already looks abandoned, most people in the neighborhood don't even know he still lives there) and await Sal's return.

This is where we'll be for the next few weeks as we set up defenses and concoct a more rational plan.

So basically, our situation is as follows:
-We have internet and stay in touch with loved ones and friends, and often share defensive plans
-We have food and drinks to last us about a week, but Super Fresh is our main source of food
-We have weapons

If we really hurry, we might just barely be able to pull off what was described above. Otherwise, look below.

I move in with my friend Shef, who's relatives pretty much sees me as family, as we've been friends nearly all our lives.

This is pretty much the most likely scenario of what would happen in such a state of chaos. I'd grab my weapons and flee into the woods behind my house. It has a path, but is very open-ended, so I'd flee off the path and find out what is to be discovered on the other side.

4) Assuming zombie-levels are at level 1 or 2, you have to assemble a Zombie Posse. This is a group of your close friends and family, but only those that would actually be useful in a zombie apocalypse, and only those roughly within your city limits. List yourself and them, and any skills or weapons each individual possesses. Convince me why your Zombie Posse would survive the end of the human race!
Bios/Skills
Me-The Swordsman, The Slayer, The Daredevil, The Strategist
The Slayer-A deranged killing machine, bred from birth probably for the soul purpose of defending normal people during the zombie apocalypse.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) Will pick up any possible thing that can be used as a weapon to gain the advantage, adrenaline rush, far above average speed, dirty fighting morals are nil(when it comes to people trying to kill him)
-(ranged) Not very confident with such weapons, but will use them if worse comes to worse

The Swordsman-Loves medievel weaponry. Particularly the sword. His nonuse of firearms makes him a very efficient ammo-saving ally.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) Far above average speed, swords, often efficient in other close-combat techniques
-(ranged) None

The Daredevil-The one in the group that you send out for high risk missions. He's the guy you want to send out if it's a life-threatening situation, as he often does it for the sheer thrill of the operation.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) It doesn't matter what the size of the Daredevil is, he just needs to be fearless & ready to use anything as a weapon
-(ranged) same as melee

The Strategist-The one that is constantly concocting new plans for survival. Often tries irrational techniques in such a high stress situation, but also frequently comes up with effective plans when there is time to think.
-(melee)none
-(ranged)none

Dave-The Guard, The Daredevil, The Income, The Slayer
The Guard-A man that's been around the block and seen the worst of things.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) Above average strength, kevlar (could bring more for others)
-(ranged/other) none

The Daredevil-The one in the group that you send out for high risk missions. He's the guy you want to send out if it's a life-threatening situation, as he often does it for the sheer thrill of the operation.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) It doesn't matter what the size of the Daredevil is, he just needs to be fearless & ready to use anything as a weapon
-(ranged) same as melee

The Income-The one who can bring money, food, and other things necessary for survival. Is often smart and has a good paying job.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee)none
-(ranged)none

The Slayer-A deranged killing machine, bred from birth probably for the soul purpose of defending normal people during the zombie apocalypse.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) Will pick up any possible thing that can be used as a weapon to gain the advantage, far above average speed, adrenaline rush, dirty fighting morals are nil(when it comes to people trying to kill him)
-(ranged) Not very confident with such weapons, but will use them if worse comes to worse

Salex-The Hunter, The Driver, The Strategist, The Swordsman

The Hunter-There's often one in every group, particularly in America. I know one as well. An outdoorsman that almost rivals his pictorial representation (but not quite), he's a small but sturdy man that is almost as prepared for the zombie apocalypse as I am, and more adept at what it takes to survive it should the haven not hold.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) Roughly average strength, above average durability, a sword (dunno why he has one)
-(ranged) Shotguns (he owns several and would probably bring them all, he could handle at least one or two)

The Swordsman-Loves medievel weaponry. Particularly the sword. His nonuse of firearms makes him a very efficient ammo-saving ally.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee) Far above average speed, swords, often efficient in other close-combat techniques
-(ranged) None

The Driver-A guy that's been driving fast as long as he's been driving, he may have a promising career as a stunt driver if the zombies don't invade (but we're not that naive)
Weapons/Skills

The Strategist-The one that is constantly concocting new plans for survival. Often tries irrational techniques in such a high stress situation, but also frequently comes up with effective plans when there is time to think.
-(melee)none
-(ranged)none

Alvaro-The Strategist, The Driver, The Income
-(melee)none
-(ranged)none

The Driver-A guy that's been driving fast as long as he's been driving, he may have a promising career as a stunt driver if the zombies don't invade (but we're not that naive)
Weapons/Skills

The Income-The one who can bring money, food, and other things necessary for survival. Is often smart and has a good paying job.
Weapons/Skills
-(melee)none
-(ranged)none

5) A bonus... once all this is done, what do you do with your time? How do you manage life at your haven, keep that balance of entertainment and physica/mental readiness for combat?
Dave has a nice theater system set up, and Sal, Al, and I bring all of our combined systems(PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360, respectively) into his home. We have internet. We don't stray from our house much other than for food and supplies.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
A flesh-feasting bugger stumbles into your room. What do you do?

My room is on the second story of a day-light basement house, so it's on the main floor. The window is too high off the ground to jump out, and even if I did, it'd be a 15 foot drop onto pavement and I wouldn't be able to grab supplies from my room. There's a table in my room that has a loose leg, like, the table isn't really safe because of it. I pull out the leg and nail Mr. Zombie McNasty in the kneecap. He goes down. I grab my surround sound receiver, a good 20lbs, and bash in his skull with it while he's on the ground.

Alright. So you've escaped your room and told me how.

Five minutes to grab some items from your house. Take your pick!

I grab my backpack and my dufflebag. I throw the following items into them:
- Lighter
- Leatherman Tool
- The little canned food we have
- Binoculars
- Hammer
- Axe
- Candles
- Phone
- 30 mile radius walkie talkies
- Camera (Excuse me for wanting photos of this crazy event)

I throw every bottle of wine on the winerack and every bottle of gatorade we have into the trunk of the car, along with various tools from the shed such as shovels. After that, I get the hell outta there.

Haven #1

Caution - Just enough zombies everywhere to put any longterm plans to rest, but enough to travel at least half an hour.

Safeway. Lots of food supplies. I can wait it out as long as I have to here, and when I leave, I can also grab a few flashlights, a ton of batteries and a case or two of bottled water.

Pit-Stop: My friend's house, 5 minutes away from Safeway to pick him and his roommates up.

Haven #2

Imminent - Travel time limited to half an hour or less:

Back to Spokane, but this time, downtown. River Park Square to be exact. The mall is 7 stories, the top 3 only accessable by escalators. This is the end of the car. Everyone will have to carry as much supplies as possible.

Pitstop: Gun shop downtown. Loot whatever we can, we need some tools other than melee weapons to take out these zombies.

Haven #3

Danger! - Zombies are everwhere. Travel time limited to fifteen minutes.

Riverfront Park. The carousel building. We've got a great advantage sitting in the middle of the carousel while the zombies try to make their way onto it, being thrown off.

Pitstop: City Hall. Grab any laptops around. Search for a radio as well.

Haven #4

Abandon all hope - Travel time is limited to running distance. Two minutes by car, if that.

The clocktower in the middle of the Park. If we could get all of our supplies, and ourselves up there, we could hold out for a long while, sniping zombies wandering through the park and just waiting it out for help.

Pitstop None allowed for this. Your pitstop is your last stop.

My friend and his roommates best know how to use a gun, otherwise I'm boned. I know I have decent marksmanship, but I have no idea about them. :p

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Why is everybody just assuming that electricity will continue to work? If the zombie attack is widespread, the electricity would probably go down pretty quickly. That means that the laptops you brought wouldn't work, the cell phone network would be down, and the frozen food in the supermarket would go bad. You can't just expect all the various utilities to work as normal when the employees are under zombie attack.

Honestly, I'd probably die right here. Well, maybe not. I'd probably grab either the air conditioner I have sitting on the floor or my printer and just try to bash the zombie's head in with it.

I'm just going to assume that my family's out of the picture, for whatever reason. I'd probably do pretty much the same things if they were with me, anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

First of all, I'd take my backpack and empty it, along with my duffel bag. After that, I'd empty out all the non-perishables around my kitchen, and . Then I'd grab a few kitchen knives, and a frying pan (I don't know which would be more effective). Then, I'd shovel books into the duffel bag, along with my travel chess set. These I would have both for personal use and for trade, as most other luxury/entertainment items would become worthless once the power went down. I could use these to garner good will, or in return for other items, or simply to amuse myself.

On my way out, I'd probably grab the container of gasoline that my family uses to refill the lawnmower. I figure it would probably come in handy.

In all of these scenarios, I'd simply head to my local Kings supermarket. It's not the biggest supermarket, but I worked there, so I know the layout. Even more importantly, there aren't many entrances or exits. There are three garage type doors for trucks to deliver stuff, but they're off ground level, so once those were closed there'd be no way the zombies could come in from there. The door in the rear of the building is thick, solid metal, so they're not getting in there. The other two doors are the main entrance and exit, and they're typical supermarket sliding airlock doors. I'd just push as much stuff as I could in front of them, and hope for the best.

Also, other people would probably come, so that'd help distribute the work and relieve the monotony.

If the zombie problem lasted long enough that we ran out of supplies at Kings, there's a Walmart not far down the road, and a Shoprite not far from that.

I'm screwed. I'd just have to hole up in my house. There'd be no time for me to do anything else. I'd probably die within a week.

Eh, none of my friends live close by enough to be any help. The only ones that might be close enough live in the totally opposite direction of Kings.

Well, I mentioned the books, and between that and whatever games we brought/created, that'd be pretty much it for entertainment, I think.

If we had enough people, I'd definitely advocate that we set up shifts to watch the two main entrance/exit doors. They're the most risky places in the whole store, probably.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I've already gone through the majority of my plan with Evil Eye and don't really want to type it all out again, but the majority of the plan is to head to Sam's Club as fast as possible. Not only does it have stockpiles of food, but also stockpiles of water, smokes, alcohol, furniture, batteries, electronics, televisions, radios, medicine, and tires for barricades. The majority of the food there is durable, and would last for years without refrigeration. And with only one door, it'd be easy to block off.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm going to kill the sucker. I'd probably just jump up from wherever I'm sitting/lying and kick it so it falls down. There aren't any tools in my room to finish it off so I'd probably run past the fallen zombie, get a stool, and wait for it to come to me.
I should probably mention my family first. If the zombie did happen to get into my room it'd probbly mean my parents would have been devoured already.

After a quick tear here, a tear there, I go to the storage shed and pick the best improvise weapon I can find. I'm pretty sure there's a machette in there along with some steel pipes. Go back to my room, empty out my backpack, and fill it with the disgusting Asian canned food my mom's been buying even though we never eat them. perhaps that would be a more potent weapon than the machette?
I cant really see myself sitting back, hiding in some building, as the people around me get assaulted by zombies. If there was some sort of group dedicated to helping purge the land I'd probably join them.

I'd probably ride my bike to the shopping mall half a mile away from my house and meet up with such people there first.
I like my friends and family and all, but I wouldn't trust a single one of them in this situation. :p

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
I've already gone through the majority of my plan with Evil Eye and don't really want to type it all out again, but the majority of the plan is to head to Sam's Club as fast as possible. Not only does it have stockpiles of food, but also stockpiles of water, smokes, alcohol, furniture, batteries, electronics, televisions, radios, medicine, and tires for barricades. The majority of the food there is durable, and would last for years without refrigeration. And with only one door, it'd be easy to block off.
You'd think Sam's Club would be a good place to go. Non perishables, water, general supplies. You'd think that...and so would hundreds of others....

You would get caught up in the madness. It would be a free for all and there be too many people around you with possible infection that you couldn't block off the door. Any mall or supermarket is suicide.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Please, if zombies come I doubt people will have a plan ready. They'd stay at home and try to hold it out. As I've watched movies, I know where to go.

Besides, where else would I go? I live in texas, the only thing there is here is urbanization and plains with no way to support myself on them. Better to make a run for Sam's club and hope me and my friends/family can get there first if anyone else does try to get there (to lock them out), then just stay home and get eaten or stave to death.

Edit: When EE put up those descriptions, he was using it to match his friends, not as guidelines. Marshigo, if you're "not comfortable" with ranged weapons, you're not a slayer, nor probably anything else you listed yourself as.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Oh man its too bad I don't live in Orlando anymore cuz there was a HUGE Outdoor superstore with all the outdoor/weapon/hunting/survival equipment you would ever need!

anyways...

Travel Bag:
Cell Phone (in my pocket)
Wallet (in my pocket)
Keys (in my pocket)
Comb (so I can beautifully have the wind blow my hair after defeating a zombie)
A variety of knives including the butcher variety (its actually in the bag ;) )
Memory card for the PS2
Canned goods
Rod
And the crow bar that I'm gonna buy next week.

Haven 1:
Umbrella labs.
LOL JK
Ok so I would probably go to this farm where I can simply GROW my own food and produce my own weaponry and anti-zombie head quarters. I think the farm is the best choice.

Pit stop: I will grab the nearest Smasher and force him into my party.

Haven 2:
The airport can get me out of this hell hole.

Pit stop: There aren't many gun shops around. I will go to a Liquor store (with autoshop next to it) so I can produce home-made explosives.

Haven 3:
I would most likely go Downtown where there is a **** load of stores. It is roughly a 30 minute walk or 10 minute drive away.

Pit stop: Dennys. Its literally on my way and I work there. Gathering a larger group of people is possible.

Haven 4:
Holy **** the world is going to hell. A small square containing a Starbucks, Mexican restaurant, Subway, another restaurant, and a Wells Fargo. I can lock myself in the banks vault where I can go mentally insane but I would never resort to that :p.

Pit stop: There is no time to stop. The communities large office building is THE place to stop in this situation because I can picture this place as a temporary stronghold.

My Posse:
Me: The Pure Melee-er.... Yup thats right I'm power-driven and never satisfied...
melee:My body is my weapon but in reality we all know that an average human cannot last for hours without rest. A rod would be nice though.
ranged:I have no ranged weapons but if I get my hands on one... I'll use a Handgun or shotgun. I like bombs too.

My Uncle: A Member of SWAT
melee:Knows all the tricks when it comes to breaking bones and snapping necks.
ranged:You must be joking...

My Dad and other Uncles: The Hunters, The Pyros, The Drivers
melee:They can handle many car repairing tools. ;)
ranged:They all have guns. :dizzy:

If, through sheer coincidence that I ever happen to meet my friends...
melee:World Power Lifting Champion strength.
ranged:Experience at the shooting range and seasonal paintball games.

Arnold Schwarzennager (sp?)(The governator is nearby but probably flew away in a helicopter)
melee: Superior Terminator and He-man strength. Has starred as Conan the Barbarian. Will flex his biceps when needed.
ranged: Can ride a bike AND use a shotgun. Reloads with flashy techniques and has a vulcan gun.

BONUS: With the farm I can produce anything. I can make my own electricity in any way with the state of California and I have many trees to chop. And most importantly, the cows are happy.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Way to nitpick a flawless plan. I know you're all jealous of it :)

Silent_Jester

Smash Journeyman
Amongest the darkest shadows everywhere and anywhe
1) I would attack him with my baseball bat, right next to my bed. I would then run to my closet and take out my katana and keep that with me after I escape.

2) A backpack full of food, water, matches, a blanket etc. A gym bag full of air-soft pallets, my DS, my cell phone. My air soft gun and my katana.

3) I would journey to the bigger mall, with less doors. Under the immanant danger level. It would have less entrances for the zombies, ammunition nearbye, and enough supplies to last.

4) For my posse I would have to pick my friends. The group includes a pyro, a guy with anger issues, a guy who is strong (trust me when I say strong), and a momma's boy and more.

5) Live basic lives. Have a watchman on each entrance, let couple focus on combat plans, a few on resources, a few training for combat, and the rest have leisure time. Every couple of hours they swap shifts.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
Ooh boy, did I love reading this.

Let us get our knuckles cracking!

NOTE: This is if I had forewarning for such an attack. If I had enough time to observe the zombie, I would still react this way, the actions thereafter would be altered though. I'd still do these actions upon realization of the scale of infection, and not be done nearly as organized as this.

This made me realize that I am a weapon freak.

Zombie is at the door of your room.:

I blearily open my eyes and demand to know who is intruding. If I have my wits about me I can simply fling my blanket onto the zombie, confusing him. (My room is very small, and my bed is within 3 feet of the door, with the end of the bed facing towards it.) Once I've done that, (Or if my blanket wasn't on me, this happens either way) I hurriedly get my feet under me and dropkick the zombie through my hollow-core (easily breakable) door, firmly planting my heels in his upper body. Ideally, his sternum and stomach. After the zombie goes flying through my doorway, I then grab my solid maple wood bass guitar (5-string headless spirit Steinburger bass) and do a Link-style sword plant onto his skull with enough force to kill him. (The bass has metal tuners on the bottom of the guitar in a metal block that is solidly connected to the body. Which make the perfect edge for such bludgeoning entry.)

Five minutes to pack.

I grab the duffel bag by my bed and my backpack which is adjacent to the bag. I quickly grab clothes from my dresser (1 pair of pants and shorts, randomly assorted underwear and a fist-full of shirts) and cram it into the duffel bag. I throw open the closet door and grab my 12-gauge shotgun, placing that in the duffel bag as well.

4:45 remain

I sprint to the front room and grab the aluminum bat from the closet and put it in my backpack, handle sticking out for easily access, but zipped up so it wouldn't fall out. I then head straight for the fireplace, snagging the handmade African machete on our mantel. (This was bought at a bazaar in Africa as a gift for my father. It is around two feet in length with a thick sturdy metal blade that can cut your hand open if you're not careful. Pretty much looks like a scimitar, except it has no curve in the blade.) I attach it to my belt neatly in its leather sheath.

I lace up my steel-toe 10-lace boots near the fireplace and then run to the kitchen. Grab a few cans of food and throw them in my duffel, then grab a two 2-liters and place them in there as well.

2:40 remain

I run to the garage and pull two boxes of shotgun shells, stash it with the shotgun and go to my already packed quiver and compound 60 pound pull bear-hunting bow, stock with site adjusters and 60 aluminum arrows. 30 of them specialty arrow heads. This happens to be on a shelf 20 feet from my desk. (Computer in garage.) I place the bow in the backpack sling the quiver over my still semi-empty backpack and run outside and quickly dispatch/avoid any hostiles in my path to the house across the street from me.

I'm good friends with this family. I know where everything is within their house and they also happen to sell Snap-On tools and own one of their big-as-hell supply vehicles. Within this truck there are walls of tools hung up on pegboards. Everything from 1 foot breaker bars to crowbars, to hammers, screwdrivers and air powered tools. All that you'd need ever is in a zombie attack. Not only to arm a large mob of people, but to have tools to do special tasks. I get inside with my key and grab their keys to the truck and hop in the vehicle.

This is what I have on me:
Wallet ($80 in cash, just had a garage sale)-pocket <1 pound
Cell-phone (fully charged)-pocket <1 pound
Keys-pocket <1 pound
Machete/sheath-on my belt 1-2 pounds

Backpack - Baseball bat/bow - on my back - 5 pounds
Quiver- on my back - 3 pounds
Duffel bag - clothes, shotgun, shells, soda, cans of food - 20 pounds

Using my hopefully still working cellphone, I call up my good friends Blaine and Stephen. Both very intelligent and very practical. Blaine is a farm boy and, like me is well versed in physical combat and is a hunter and marksman. Stephen is has a little above average strength and is a wiz at most any problem you can face him with. Not to mention his excellent driving abilities. The three of us together is a very well suited group of people for survival.

Myself-
Slayer, Hunter

Stephen-
Driver

Blaine
Hunter, Swordsman

We all are- Strategists and can improv. anything we'd need.

We gather and pile into the truck.

Haven #1-3

We haul our metal-logged butts to Costco. This particular branch is gigantic and has nearly no entry points. The parking lot is in a courtyard fashion with a small single barricade-able road running on the side of the building. It has two heavy steel roll-top doors for entry and exit-ways, sitting next to each other. We could even drive our truck into the store with how big the doors are.

With any other survivors that happen to come by, we set up guard watches and try to find out how the emergency generators of this particular store operate just in case we need them.

We'd keep our time by playing with cards and training each other by sparring. I'm sure Stephen would have brought some of his game systems and his library of games/movies.

Haven #4

I still grab my items, hop into my Camaro and speed off to Savemart which is a stone's throw away from me. I try to get in contact with who I can and find a way to get to the Costco with any posse I can get.

If I had no idea what was going on, I might end up securing my garage until I find out what is going on, then act accordingly.

Also: If you want to see pictures of any of the items I've mentioned having, I'll gladly provide, just in case you think I'm a lying maniac or just want to see some cool stuff.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Xanthyr, nice to see somebody that doesn't mind a longwinded post as long as it's zombie-related. I definitely want pictures because that sounds very cool. Also perhaps some info on what makes you a slayer beyond your marksmanship (way too many Slayers in this thread... I don't doubt they could be, but I do doubt most people even read the various insane trainings my friend needed for me to think he fits it)

You seem to know what you're talking about, so the latter request is less doubt than it is interest.

EDIT: Perhaps what you'd arm your posse with, too. Ie: Machete for Blaine?

Either way, when the zombies come and ours are the only posses left we should coordinate a path of destruction that would allow us to converge into an unstoppable zombie genocide machine.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
I will post pictures later today, for now I give some qualifications for slayer.

I am 6'5, I can pull 60 pounds with just my fingers alone. I can hold a 350 pound man in my arms like a baby (I've done it several times. Crazy drunk people). I have been in multiple fights, most of which I didn't start, nor did I get hit during the encounter. (I can provide stories if you want) In a mosh pit I actually picked up and threw someone nearly 8 feet from me. I constantly teach my friends sparring techniques and grappling strategies. I've had the aforementioned 350 pound man run full bore into me and I didn't budge an inch and he was on the ground with the wind knocked out of him.

I am well versed in fighting multiple opponents at once and I've been sparring since the age of 5. Now, when I talk about sparring, I don't mean point matches at the local dojo, I mean full contact sparring, no rules until someone bleeds (then you see if they want to continue), gets knocked out, or says to stop.

Last time I sparred, I ended the session in under 5 seconds, with four strikes to the body and a hip-toss with my arm already cocked and aimed at their face. He said, "Good game." The same 350 pound man, I've actually lifted into a flying body-slam before. This was another sparring match, and this one lasted 4 seconds.

Hopefully that qualifies for something?

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
I will post pictures later today, for now I give some qualifications for slayer.

I am 6'5, I can pull 60 pounds with just my fingers alone. I can hold a 350 pound man in my arms like a baby (I've done it several times. Crazy drunk people). I have been in multiple fights, most of which I didn't start, nor did I get hit during the encounter. (I can provide stories if you want) In a mosh pit I actually picked up and threw someone nearly 8 feet from me. I constantly teach my friends sparring techniques and grappling strategies. I've had the aforementioned 350 pound man run full bore into me and I didn't budge an inch and he was on the ground with the wind knocked out of him.

I am well versed in fighting multiple opponents at once and I've been sparring since the age of 5. Now, when I talk about sparring, I don't mean point matches at the local dojo, I mean full contact sparring, no rules until someone bleeds (then you see if they want to continue), gets knocked out, or says to stop.

Last time I sparred, I ended the session in under 5 seconds, with four strikes to the body and a hip-toss with my arm already cocked and aimed at their face. He said, "Good game." The same 350 pound man, I've actually lifted into a flying body-slam before. This was another sparring match, and this one lasted 4 seconds.

Hopefully that qualifies for something?
I'm 6'9 300lbs of pure muscle and I once stopped a moving semi with my left pec. No one effs with me.

I eat zombies for breakfast along with a spoonful of excellence.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Haha. Again, I didn't doubt ya, Xan. As a friend of a combat-obsessed type like you, I understand that if people are so interested and start young, it's not that unbelievable that people can build incredible skills.

Looking forward to the pictures. What kind of martial arts did you study? Also, with what would you arm yourself and your friends?

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
I would probably give the Machete to Blaine in combat, but for tool use and general ownership, I'd stand with it. I was give Stephen the shotgun, he would do decently with that, seeing as he doesn't have too much melee experience. I'm sure Blaine would have a few handguns, a rifle and a shotgun for himself. (Lives in the country).

I would keep the bow, but depending on the other two's experience with bows I just might give it to them.

The bat is free for grabs.

If I were to arm people using the tool truck, I'd make sure everyone had a hammer, screwdrivers of both sorts and a back-up weapon, like a breaker bar. For those who don't know what a breaker bar, it is a 1 inch solid steel bar with an end on it that you can hook sockets to.

It pretty much is a condensed bat.

The martial arts I've officially "trained" in is only Tae Kwon Do. However, looking at the styles of combat I have, I possess the principles of mainly Judo and Tai Chi Quan, and I have tons of maneuvers that branch into Kickboxing, english boxing, jiu jistu, wrestling, Karate and some very faint wisps of various forms of King Fu that I've been told.

I'm setting up the weapons now, making them look pretty and taking pictures.

Sporkman

Smash Ace

Ah ha, had plenty of frights of this happening everytime the rugby guy in the room across stumbles into our (mine and my room-mate's) room in the morning after he's been on the lasher. A menancing yet breath-taking sight for any mere mortal to behold I tell thee. First things first, Zombies love a bit of up close humpty dumpty rumpy pumpy to make you one of them, so I need a weapon with some distance. Good thing my room-mate is a Halo fanboy. I quickly unplug and retrieve my weapon of choice.

The Xbox 360 AC Adaptor.

Capable of delivering a 44" calibre smash right to your victims face, the Xbox 360 AC Adaptor is the modern day Ball & Chain. A fortunate layout of the room allows me maximum time to retrieve the deadly wrecking adaptor and the wire will allow me to swing over the obstacle that is my bed.

I've two options. My backpack, or my holdall. Both offer distinct advantages, the backpack allows for quick movement and flexibility, but the holdall allows for a larger inventory and it has wheels which is excellent for flatground. Unfortunately I live in a flat and must descend a flight of stairs to get outside. Backpack it is. My room-mate keeps large and unneccessary amounts of food (Cornflakes, Cereal Bars, Ketchup..) under his bed, so I shall stuff some of these in my bag. I was also grab my Psychology study book, as I have no doubt that somewhere Freud will have something to say on the inner workings of the zombie mind. My cans of deoderant shall be left behind as I don't believe fire to be an effective weapon against the unwavering hordes of the undead. It's obvious they don't feel pain so I say no to flame. Can't go anywhere without clean underwear so I shall throw these into the mix. I will also grab my two black shirts in my wardrobe as I haven't yet had a chance to wear them. My football shinpads will come in mighty handy as forearm guards if one zombie does manage to get close enough to unleash it's erotic adventures of the most deranged kind upon me. Finally I shall pick up the inflatable pink guitar at the back of the room. What possible use could this serve me you ask? simple. Zombies can't swim, any body of water is my ally with this floating device. But don't be fooled, it has another use, a flood of zombies disproves my aethist (in relations to there being a god, otherwise I'm agnostic) beliefs as it will be fairly obvious that the devil is pulling the strings behind the curtains. With my pink inflatable guitar I will be able to challenge him to rock-off which he will be unable to refuse! If I were to win the zombies would crumble to dust.

After the leaving the flat, providing my room was one of the first to be attacked, 3 of my zombie team shall be assembled:

The Martial Artist.

Whilst not asian, right there a stigma in his abilities, he does know martial arts. His Muay Thai skills will make him the only person able to get close enough to the zombies and take them down hand to hand. I'll give him my Shin Pads. He'll be needing them more than me.

The Human Book.

Some of you may remember me saying in Las Pictoras that my room-mate looked like Adam Brody, infact he's just like Seth Cohen. His vast knowledge of comics will for sure uncover some valuable survival gems involving zombies. After all, he has already told us of an arc where nearly the whole marvel cast is turned into zombies. A valuable assest once everything goes bat **** insane.

The Damsel in Distress.

This would be me. Once I get a haircut, as Max Brooks would strongly advise, I'll no doubt be referred to as The Running Man instead.

I apoligise to the rest of my housemates, none of the rest have any useful skills. It's a shame zombies aren't communists and susceptible to long talks on how liberals are douchebags and the reason for everything wrong in the world, otherwise we'd have our knight in shining armour.

The Martial Artist is the only one out of us who holds a driving license so we shall steal a car. We'd pit stop at a fuel station if need be. 20 minutes away lies Glasgow Airport and this is where we shall head, perhaps a dangerous choice that could see my delicately laid plans destroyed. The wily bugger that I am I have already planned for the worst...

WARNING! CLASS CHANGE:
The Suicide Bomber.

In the same post some might remember me saying my room-mate is also Pakistani. If things at the airport have actually gone BAT **** INSANE! then it will be time for him to unleash the ace up his sleeve. No doubt removing all Zombies in the nearby vicinity.

I will then hook up with the next two members of the team:

The Pilot.

With his suave swagger and shades, the pilot will prove to be the key-stone in my zombie survival escape. He is the one who will save us. He is the one who has stayed behind against the odds for survivors, using weapons dropped by security guards. He is a living Maverick.

The Baggage Handler.

Some of you probably saw this coming as soon as I said Glasgow Airport. No amount of undead rabble would ever be able to stop John Smeaton, it is a given that he will be there, getting a boot in, just trying to subdue the zombies you know? He will pave the way for the group as we make our way to the plane. Unfortunately he will leave the group as swiftly as he joined, refusing to rest untill Great Britain, or Scotland at least, has been purged of the zombie menace. As Smeato said himself "One thing is for certain, they'll have to kill me. They'll never take me alive".

2- Imminent - Travel time limited to half an hour or a 16 hour trip.

Things are a little different here, so I've changed the description to fit the scenario. Zombies can't fly, so after boarding the plane and taking off I should be safe. We fly to LAX. Two reasons. Great Britain is of course an Island so if the outbreak occured here it will be isolated, allowing me to be able to lead a happy and fattening life in the states. Don't worry about me bringing the undead mob across the pond, zombies are too dumb to hide in a cargo hold. The second reason is racial tension. If the outbreak is global as I fear, then the white zombies and black zombies will be too busy killing each other to bother with me, allowing me to move from walmart to walmart collecting all the supplies I need untill all the zombies are vanquished!

5) A bonus... once all this is done, what do you do with your time? How do you manage life at your haven, keep that balance of entertainment and physical/mental readiness for combat?[/QUOTE]

Given the latter outcome of the two possibilities above I will probably start working out, especially getting up my stamina for long distance running incase a rogue zombie spies my succulent flesh and juicy brain. But hopefully this will not be the case, and if the former is true, I shall take up life in the U.S.A., the sole survivor of the zombie infestation of the British Isles, the media shall wait on my hand and foot, movies shall be made of my exploits, and I will spend my time partying with hot American sorority girls who can't get enough of my accent, eating out of my hands like the birds they are.

Life would be great. Life, would look a little like this..

P.S. Boxing is a sport, not a martial art Xan :laugh:

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
EDIT AND RESPONSE TO SPORKMAN: It is a sport, but have you ever seen the sheer speed and ability a professional boxer has? Anyway, what I mean is I have some training in their footwork and punching ability. The punch from Tae Kwon Do is not a punch from english boxing. It's in a league of it's own, at least, that's what I believe.

After taking these pictures I realized I have yet to clean up some spots on the carpet :ohwell:

Ignore them and my appearing sloppiness.

In the first picture, that giant brown mark is not a mess, that happened to be part of my bangs hanging in front of the camera. My bad.

That is my bow, arrows, shotgun, bass, and bat. Notice the three different arrows I've pulled out. The shortest is practice arrow, the medium is standard arrow, and the longest is specialty arrow.

I'd also like you to admire my bizarre bass. It's cool.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Crossbowmen/DSC07719.jpg

These are the tips of the arrows, ascending in length.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Crossbowmen/DSC07720.jpg

A closer up of the ranged arsenal. You can see the range adjusters there near the grip of the bow. Notice the pretty deep wood of the butt of the shotgun. It's a beautiful single-shot breech action. There is also the plethora of arrows in there.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Crossbowmen/DSC07721.jpg

There is the bat and the bass closer up. Bat needs no explaining, and the bass is from my room.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Crossbowmen/DSC07722.jpg

This is the tuning block that I had described before. It is heavy duty metal. Almost broke my toes one day when it slipped out of my hand and fell on top of my foot.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Crossbowmen/DSC07723.jpg

Since I was silly and completely forgot to include the machete, I took pictures of it and the sheath. Very cool looking indeed, and very functional.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Crossbowmen/DSC07724.jpg

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Isn't boxing a martial art since it is a sport AND a fighting technique?

I have seen boxers because my sister's boy friend is a boxer. I didn't put him on my list because they live in Florida.

Heres a short story for you: I wasn't there cuz they live in FL but my sister, her boyfriend, his sister and mother were all jumped by 15 black gang members (no one knows why). They knocked out everyone (they were ARMED) except my brother-in-law because he fought back and broke their noses (4), ribs (6), arms (3) in only one punch.

In the end justice was not served. The cops watched but did not help, and only caught the injured because they were in the hospital. My brother-in-law had to take anger management classes afterwards. Florida has the worst laws in America.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Zombie Surviving Time!

Alright, well this could happen while I'm at home or at school so I'm going to make this post for my home. We'll just assume my parents are not around when it happens. And that my friends are not at school(s) either.

WHAM!! A zombie breaks into my room on the second floor of my house. I have no weapons except this tall vertical fan next to my bed:
(the one on the right)

A few whacks from that probably won't take it down for good but it'll buy me enough time to grab a larger blunt object (like a computer monitor... one of the old heavy ones) to smash its head in.

Stuff I'd grab before leaving the house:
1) Car keys, house keys, wallet, cell phone, watch, gloves (all next to my bed)
2) All the food from the fridge and pantry I can cram into a small backpack.
3) All the medications I can find from the medicine cabinet
4) Warm clothing, jacket, coat, boots
5) Flashlight
6) Kitchen knives
7) A barbell and weights from my basement; I'm not going to use them to work out! They make excellent blunt weapons.

I get in my car and start driving! Here are the "safe" havens I would choose in order of increasing urgency:

Haven #1
A mall that's about a 20-25 minute drive from my home via the highway:

(BONUS! This is an actual picture of that mall)

This is the closest mall to me, and has tons of stores around it; electronics, books, restaurants, clothes, though no Wal-Mart. But for the short term, it has more than enough supplies for us.

A nearby parking garage has lots of levels from which we can look outside; if we have the high ground, that gives us a major advantage over advancing zombie hordes.

Finally there's a nearby airport. Not a big one, it's for small propeller planes. But those could sure as hell come in handy.

PIT-STOP: HOSPITAL

(BONUS! This is an actual picture of the hospital)

It's a little bit of a detour but it is on the way. Enough to fit it into the 30-minute travel period. I would try and get all the medical supplies, medicines, antibiotics, and equipment possible. It's highly unlikely that I or any others will survive the coming zombie apocalypse without sustaining wounds, injuries and illness.

Haven #2
The hospital I mentioned above but now it's a haven instead of a pit stop! It too has a parking garage with many levels; we just have to climb up a few levels for high ground and a great vantage point. Plus all the medical supplies.

PIT-STOP:A gun shop nearby, that is only slightly out of the way. For obvious reasons.

Haven #3
A Wal-Mart that's about 15 minutes away! Wal-Mart has all the things we'd need in the short term:
-Guns
-Food
-Medicine
-Weapons (non-firearm... baseball bats, weights, knives)
-Electronics

PIT-STOP: Nearby gas stations. Load up on fuel and potential burning material for use as a weapon.

Oh hell, I live in a suburban area and my neighborhood is not close at all to the part of town with stores and stuff. I probably wouldn't make it out alive if I just had to run...
the closest thing to me is the town's Ambulance Garage. I would definitely run there, it'd take me about 5-7 minutes. There are medical supplies (obviously), a little bit of food in the kitchen, and some tools that could be used as melee weapons.

But it's a long run down the road... you know what? I could ride my bike if I'm able to get to it.

My Zombie Posse:

The Medic/The Leader:
I may not be a doctor, but I am an EMT and I know more about emergency treatment and medicines than any of my friends. Also, I've got a rational mind, quick decision making, and extensive general and scientific knowledge; I like to think I would be chosen as leader. I certainly couldn't do it alone though, I would need advisors for certain things.
Weapons/Skills: Basic martial arts, agility, quick reflexes, can use a staff, average strength

The Gunner
This is a guy that knows everything about every gun. He is a gun enthusiast. He owns several of them... and his parents don't know. He's not unstable and can be trusted. He just loves guns. A lot. And he loves to shoot them. A lot more.
Weapons/Skills: Extensive knowledge of firearms, experience with guns, athletic

The Driver/The Pilot/The Swordsman
This guy drives fast and he drives well. He goes offroading often. I've been in the car with him before and he's made turns on rocky backroads at speeds that made me dizzy; speeds at which I would have lost control and crashed. He also flies planes and has a pilot's license. If we ever had to use the planes at the airport near Haven 1 (the mall), he'd be our man. He also has many swords, and has experience with guns as well.
Weapons/Skills: Owns swords and guns, more competent with guns, can endure the cold very well, average strength, excellent driving skills, piloting skills

The Tank
He's big; he's strong; he plays football. Don't try to knock him down, because you can't. He could easily clear a path through a zombie crowd.
Weapons/Skills: Very high strength, any melee weapon would be deadly in his hands

The Cadet
This guy is at a Coast Guard associated university; he is strong, and can run for miles upon miles. He's crazy and will do whatever it takes (read: whatever the hell it takes) to destroy zombies.
Weapons/SkillsCan use most melee weapons with lethal results, lots of endurance, above average strength, and quite deranged!

The Runner
In excellent shape and can run and run and run. Strong too. Would make an excellent scout, messenger, etc.
Weapons/Skills: Above average strength, probably good at hand to hand combat, extremely high endurance, and very accurate with a gun

The Commando: This guy is strong and smart too. He rock-climbs and can actually climb many random walls. He's built a homemade potato cannon with a PVC pipe and compressed air (and I've seen it work; shot vegetables like 1/3 of a mile). Obviously, we wouldn't load it up with vegetables to fight zombies. Preferably metal things. He's experienced in the outdoors and is a great hand-to-hand combatant. I'm sure he's pretty good with a gun too.
Weapons/Skills: Above average strength, outdoors experience, rock-climbing, wrestling/grappling, building weapons

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Dang, Goldie. When Left 4 Dead comes out you should join my zombie posse (Eor and <3).

Did you take those pictures, or google 'em?

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
Things are a little different here, so I've changed the description to fit the scenario. Zombies can't fly, so after boarding the plane and taking off I should be safe. We fly to LAX. Two reasons. Great Britain is of course an Island so if the outbreak occured here it will be isolated, allowing me to be able to lead a happy and fattening life in the states. Don't worry about me bringing the undead mob across the pond, zombies are too dumb to hide in a cargo hold. The second reason is racial tension. If the outbreak is global as I fear, then the white zombies and black zombies will be too busy killing each other to bother with me, allowing me to move from walmart to walmart collecting all the supplies I need untill all the zombies are vanquished!
You should watch "Flight of the Living Dead: Zombies on a Plane". Crappy movie, but zombies on a plane.

Top Bottom