• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I've never met the Peach mains. Though all the stuff I've seen on the Peach boards. I'm probably glad I haven't. Straight people don't have a chance in there. I'm afraid to go check the threads in there, that's how bad it is.

Oh and Zelda doesn't use her sword. >=P

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I semi-main Peach, and I used to go there often to lurk. It's ehh, and I'm str8, so it was less fun than visiting here.

Also, eve since that smashboards shutdown ended, I think the peach place has been way more barren. I haven't visited in a while. The places I see come up a lot now on the most recent post thingy are the Links, the Pikachus, Yoshis, and interestingly, us.

Also, sword zelda sounds wicked, but there are already so many more sword users, and I like her magic. > , <
Wasn't there someone a while back who said they were thinking of making a sword zelda PSA? I can't remember the name right now...

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
The only character threads I visit are Kirby, Pikachu, and Zelda now. I gave up on the Peach boards mainly because of all the g** (Sorry. I cannot recall if that word is valid to post uncensored.) talk and non-stop pictures of half-naked men posted there. That sealed the deal for me to be through with that place. I pray when Smash 4 comes out the Peach boards won't be the same like the Brawl section was...

Well...incase the ship secured the internet I'll say it now, mainly because Japan time it is the 28th. I wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!! =)

Why they get of the spoiler tags?! I can't find them...I was going to say you guys better save me Vanilla Ice Cream and Apple Pie! >=)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^You can hope but Ken's Peach Theory is pretty solid, lol.

Happy Thanksgiving, and happy shopping.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
ZGD is actually active by Smashboards standards? o.o Damn.

@Sai: No more spoilers, just collapse tags. :( Super lame.

EDIT: Sorry to hear that, Rizen. Hope things get better!

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Wow...why'd they get rid or it?! Ah well. Sorry Aleate, I don't know who Ken is. XD I just hope who ever becomes the moderator for that specific place will I hope they don't let it become the same mess like the Brawl Peach boards y'know. Might be the site but it took me like 20 minutes to make a reply...

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Ken (At least, the Ken I THINK he means) Is one of Melee's amazing players from long ago, he had a quote in his Sig that was something like.

"All Peach players are gay" Or something like that. < , <

EDIT; I guess gay isn't sensored.

EDIT2; If you've ever heard of the "Ken combo" In melee, he made it. :p

Rizen

Smash Legend
This brings back all those character stereotype topics that were made years ago.
Lol, those were funny. It came up in the Wolf social how a certain blue pokemon has a lot of f urr/y players.
Zeldas are good natured, generally laid back and have more actual girl players than most other characters.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lol, those were funny. It came up in the Wolf social how a certain blue pokemon has a lot of f urr/y players.
Zeldas are good natured, generally laid back and have more actual girl players than most other characters.
On the low, I think Pikas have the most actual girl mains. =X Or at least we did when people still played Brawl.

******* love Pokemon.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^ watched the video, and firstly, super cute getting that double sweetspot ;)

About the Usmash trip, the only explanation I can think of is that he got hit by only one of the two side hitboxes, which have negative angles, and the low power of that linking hitbox caused him to trip, and as you likely know, tripping is almost 100% invincible.

I can get a picture of Usmash if you wanna see what I mean.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I think you're right. Thanks, I find DK very hard to get near enough for Nair so I spaced more with Fair/Bair. DK's very hard to space :/
Also iirc, Dtilt lock doesn't work on DK and Samus.

Black Friday Walmart protest went great. We had 60-70 people, which was probably about how many people bought stuff there :awesome:
Edit with pics:

http://smashboards.com/threads/zgd-happy-thanksgiving.206557/page-442#post-16023391
(they use sweat shop labor and are a huge supplier of GMOs too)

http://imageshack.com/a/img197/9286/yy3d.jpg
^This photo is of the parking lot in front of Walmart on Black Friday- the busiest shopping day of the year. It's practically empty, ha! We probably had as many protesters as shoppers :grin:
There's a very good chance that Walmart will go out of business. Keep in mind this was a nation wide rally and protest. The power of active people standing up for what's right is not to be underestimated.

News coverage:
This gave us pretty good coverage. They said about 50 people but we really had between 60 and 70; they were just spread out by the parking lot entrances like these people http://imageshack.com/a/img7/4209/qhzb.jpg
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_24624296/boulder-walmart-protest-black-friday
http://videos.dailycamera.com/servi...v1stvvcRBKSXBdVNZS1ysEupB&bctid=2878862155001

If you want a good example of the news skewing a story see here:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/11/29/demonstrators-protest-walmarts-labor-practices/
Notice they took a crappy picture of one person and said "A group of about 30 people..."
Even the other news group said about 50 people. We had over 60; I kept a tally and we had people sign petitions! :glare:

All in all it was a great event with a good turnout :awesome:

Fact sheet about Walmart. They do tons of really bad stuff; check it out!
http://makingchangeatwalmart.org/factsheet/

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nice pics, Rizen! Glad your protest went well. =D

I'd be scared to do something like that in Philly. ;; Our local Walmart was crazy.... people were already lined up Thursday afternoon. **** that.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yeah, I hope Smashboards isn't being attacked again, it's really disappointing when it's down. :/

I was gonna be doing blog posts about SSB4 wii fit trainer moveset speculation in blog posts, but whenever I'm gonna, SB is down.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Oh wow. It's been a while.

Hi Zelda boards. I miss you all, despite most of you not knowing who I am lol.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Wow I totally forgot about the Bair fair thing. Let me re-read what y'all posted. I got more questions.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I kind of want to remember who AyatoK is, it's on the tip of my mind, but I just can't really spot it.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Welcome back :) I'm not sure if I remember you.
That's fine. Remembering that as mains we exist is a challenge in of itself lol. Remembering specific names is even more of a challenge.

Woah!!! It's been a while man! How ya holding up?
I'm doing well, tbh. I thought I'd swing by the Great Fairy Fountain to say hi and see how everyone's doing.

I kind of want to remember who AyatoK is, it's on the tip of my mind, but I just can't really spot it.
Bonus points if you can remember me lol.

I also go by the name of Darklite on AiB, whenever that gets back on.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Question to get discussion going:
Do you think Zelda is better offline, on good connection wifi or bad connection?

IMO she does have a good wifi game for a low tier but it's a trade off. Offline moves like Nair canceling, Fair/Bair, OoS, juggling etc are a lot better. Zelda has a different lag game so it's apples/oranges. Some characters are distinctly better (G&W, Snake, Ike, Sonic) on wifi and some are simply worse.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Question to get discussion going:
Do you think Zelda is better offline, on good connection wifi or bad connection?

IMO she does have a good wifi game for a low tier but it's a trade off. Offline moves like Nair canceling, Fair/Bair, OoS, juggling etc
These are all things that are super gimmicky or that Zelda sucks at so it doesn't make much of a difference if it's better offline.
She's better in lag.

Top Bottom