• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Is it safe to go into the Zelda boards without facepalming now?
Or is it just as bad as it was for the 3DS version?

Who is this person and why are they saying Zelda beats Olimar and Samus?

Did they mean to post this in the Smash 4 boards?

Have we all droppedT Zeldawful yet?
Hi Fuujin, welcome back. XD

Yes, I posted my terrible MU opinion on Sm4sh Zelda here because back then, the Sm4sh Zelda boards were still a train wreck. Judge me. :3

The forums are... better, I guess. Without A2ZOMG coming as much, it's a lot better, haha. It will probably still take a while though.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Is it safe to go into the Zelda boards without facepalming now?
Or is it just as bad as it was for the 3DS version?

Who is this person and why are they saying Zelda beats Olimar and Samus?

Did they mean to post this in the Smash 4 boards?

Have we all droppedT Zeldawful yet?
Fuoujin 2

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
In the interest of not cluttering the boards or necrobumping the Fairy Fountain as there's a high chance this has been posted already, I'll post it here. (I did my best effort due diligence search to find evidence that it had been, but I couldn't and Temple thread is too big). Me and my friend found this tech a few weeks ago and it's starting to nag at me as tech that would be both important and possibly overlooked, at least overlooked beyond the time-frame it would be relevant to initial Zelda play. So without further "Sorry I reposted" johns:

I know people know that Farore's Wind kills these days, but in case it hasn't been pointed out yet: it also combos into itself.
If you hit the opponent with the startup of UpB and let the move play out straight up, it will combo into itself at many percents, and begin killing off the corners of FD between ~73% when it begins killing and ~120+ when the first hit knockback begins to overshoot the reappearance hitbox.

I have no video. But cursory curiosity testing suggests barring accidentally sliding into the first hit with too much momentum the killing blow can't be DI'd out of. It appears to work as an OoS option as well.

It by no means makes Zelda a good character in this version, and I won't be attempting it myself. But as a silent nod to the first character I tried to play in Brawl: give it a go in practice mode and see what you can do.

tl;dr

Grounded UpB with no directional input combos into itself and kills super low.
Otherwise. Feel free to delete this post as an "everyone knew that already" post.

Last edited:

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
I need to play some of you, my NNID is ifujin.

Maybe we can do Zeldawful dittos and whoever approaches loses.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
HI ZELDAS!!!!
As a bit of context, we mods have a subforum where we tell other mods we're inactive. That said, I want to show you this:

First of all, I'm deeply sorry for neglecting my activity here*coughcough @Shaya coughcough* I should've posted this much earlier but time is the thing I lack the most right now (I'm actually at my mom's house and borrowed her laptop).

This is my story (because I need to vent it out): I lost my job recently, but that's not the big deal. The main problem here is that thanks to a roomie's irresponsibility I also lost where to live. My mom's housing me momentarily but I just can't stay here much longer (for example, there's not enough room my furniture, and I haven't even been able to move it all).
SO, between moving, looking for a job, working on temp jobs, and looking for a new place, I just don't have time for... anything...

I'm not sure when it all will be solved, at least getting a solid job would be a huge help, whenever it comes...

Anyway, just apologizing once again and hoping the best of lucks to every mod, specially now that SSB4WiiU is about to get released. I'll be back to help as soon as possible.

Peace out!
STATUS UPDATE:
Moved 90% of my stuff, still unemployed, but at least safe and sound in a corner at mom's house and finally using my Computer again!

Still not much time though, I've been in hundreds of temp jobs because none has been good... at all...

I've been working hard though, and will at least be around a bit more, though I'd say I'll keep my "away" status until I find a serious job.
[collapse=BONUS!]
♥

The corner thing was no joke btw
[/collapse]

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Kyokoro-- ; w ;

I really hope all goes well in the end. Hope you can get everything all back to the good ol' times soon! Best wishes from all of us here, and we'll wait for your return! ^^

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 I've only been going on about Farore's on both this and the Smash 4 Zelda board forever x_x

In terms of escaping Farore's 2, vectoring is the way to go. You need to vector in the direction you are in relation to Zelda (eg. If you're on the right of Zelda, DI Farore's 1 right). If you don't, it's pretty likely you'll still get hit by the strong hit of Farore's 2.

@ ぱみゅ ぱみゅ Hopefully things turn around for you :)

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 I've only been going on about Farore's on both this and the Smash 4 Zelda board forever x_x

In terms of escaping Farore's 2, vectoring is the way to go. You need to vector in the direction you are in relation to Zelda (eg. If you're on the right of Zelda, DI Farore's 1 right). If you don't, it's pretty likely you'll still get hit by the strong hit of Farore's 2.

@ ぱみゅ ぱみゅ Hopefully things turn around for you :)

now waiT!

I thought they got rid of vectoring?

Cour go add me on the Wii U.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'll add you tomorrow. You can vector horizontally, but not vertically.

Even if vectoring is gone, just replace that word with DI.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright I thought so, but the only post results I found in a search were talking about raw kill potential alone, so I wanted to be sure it was as well known as it should be for the character.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
ah that's why i didn't see it on their Page lol. Take it and work harder to improve your record even more Scary. :bluejump:
Anyone still playing on the 3ds Version? My last day for playing it for the year is going to be on Tuesday until next Semester starts back up again.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Haven't watched it lol; I've had a lot of time issues for the last 3 months or so, but I'll catch up as soon as possible (I'm at the ball episode/the Dust intermission).

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Was too lazy/busy to change the title, but Happy New Year to you too Aleate! & all you guys. <3

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Unfortunately this year for me sucks already.. My Grandmother died on new years day with her Funeral being on the 5th.. :crying:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm so sorry to hear that, ZM. :( Try to take comfort in that she's in a better place now.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
rip Brawl Zelda. The SSB4 Zelda social has just passeT this one in post total > to all the Zeldas who aren't regulars there. I always love the quietness but still awesomeness that this social is, it also has a nice slice of life to it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Honestly, the Smash4 Zelda Social is too fast-paced for my tastes, I hardly can keep up with it and I'm too lazy to bother.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I used Samus in allstar. If you think Zelda is a bad character with little kill power and opponents fall out of her attacks, wait until you try Samus. :facepalm:

Edit, oops wrong Zelda social. Yeah the SSB4 one moves too fast and I end up skipping several pages each visit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom