• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Aaaaaaand... drumroll please!

I'm done editing my compilation video for Zelda in Sm4sh! The link is below! Check it out and see what you think! Hope you all enjoy! :)

http://youtu.be/BylRco1owHo

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You're the reason why Zelda only got that 1% buff to utilt!

Seriously though, great vid! Loved the Farore's :)

6:10... definitely isn't me :<

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Yeah, got a few shots of your Palutena in there, ArrowofLight. No other shots of other characters you used in the vid though.

Thanks, Aleate! And of course that wasn't you at that point of the vid. ccc:

I'll probably post the vid to the Sm4sh Zelda forums tomorrow. Probably in the general discussion place. We'll see if it stirs up stuff there. c:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You're definitely a gutsier player than me. I almost never go offstage... maybe it's a Brawl thing.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Ah.
(For those that haven't had a match against me the Palutena color i use is the light blue one most of the time. So the darker one that's there is not mine at least i don't think it is :p..)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Off stage Zelda is fun, and you can get away with it doing it a bit more in this game because of her amazing recovery. Also throws people off guard when you do it too.

The Black Palutena (and any other colour Palutena if there was one) was definitely not you, AoL. That was some For Glory player who actually has a super campy Rosalina, haha. Pretty sure you were all the light blue Palutena in the vid.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Zelda might be the only one with a worse neutral than Lucario. It's awful and he needs that aura! Zelda could use one too.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Fast fall nair on stage to Farore's Wind... let's go!

You can drop from a Battlefield platform, and when nair is cancelled on the ground you can Farore's Wind. Can be shielded/teched by the opponent though but you gotta be fast. Shield/tech only ever done by CPUs in my experience. Also requires some good timing so opponent doesn't get KB out of nair as well.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Wow. I didn't realize that vectoring was completely thrown out of the game, and DI is back once again to the system. Now I have to actually learn DI for once, haha. Vectoring was kinda stupid, but at the same time, it was soooo easy to do. I never really practiced DI, so it's gonna blow for now.

Now I know why I freakin' died to a Shulk's F-smash at ~75% today. What was once vectoring down now made me launch almost perfectly horizontal. :///

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It'll be easier with the GCN. Also, play me and the others lots and DI will come to you naturally! Although, it's the only way to improve DI.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Whoa, I didn't realize they reimplemented DI.

I guess the complaining can pay off...

I guess I should know that already considering PM Zelda.

Time to go complain ehrywhere abouT our trash tier queen~

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Say that our princess is trash would serious offend the waifufegs on the Sm4sh forums thinking that she's the best. :p

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Ed, have you had the chance to play Myran? What's your opinion on [the campiest and only] Olimar? He told me the Zelda/Olimar MU seems pretty even especially since you can reflect his most important move, fsmash. It seems out of all the chars I play, custom DK has the easiest time against him. Ironic since this was DK's worst MU in Brawl.

He's the reason why I don't think Olimar is complete trash.

Since I'm playing Lucario, I should learn other characters that instill fear into the opponent :)
Actually haven't gotten to play him before. Sometime soon I'd like to play him. I was good at the oilmar MU in brawl for no reason. Hopefully the same tools work in the new game.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nice, let us know what happens. He told me he beat Kyon in a MM so he'll definitely be a challenge.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Based loosely on personal experience, here's my thoughts on Zelda's MUs in Sm4sh. Again, a lot of characters I really don't have enough knowledge on their MU, so it's rough estimate for now. Any thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/yTzyLcW.png

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Oh hey guys, I'm Milky. I notice my name was brought up a few times in this thread... And this is a Zelda social thread I'm guessing...?

I'm not very familiar with Smashboards as I am more around NintendoDojo. I'm trying to make an effort to become more active with community, but there's some bugs on my account that are pretty annoying; such as not being able to write comments on other peoples profile for some reason. This was a problem as soon as I joined this site. (Unless you can't actually leave comments on peoples profiles derp).

But anyway, nice to meet you all!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sup Milky, I think the profile comment thing might be because you're new. I think you might have to post a certain number of times before you can leave wall posts (but I'm not 100% sure on that).

Anyways, welcome! & feel free to discuss anything here, Zelda-related or not. I haven't been to the Smash 4 Zelda boards myself, but I hear they're a hot mess, so I suggest sticking here if you wanna get to know the more active current Zeldas.

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
I've been aon this site '12, just inactive. xD But yeah, maybe I need to make a certain amount of posts before leaving wall posts.
Thanks!

On another note: Here's something cool I've done to Robin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ose_HP8LaaE
As all of you probably know; Multi hit aerials when they're canceled have a meteor smash now. And this might be a cool way to edge guard some opponents! Just need to practice it a bit more. (Don't know how easy or hard this is on the Wii U since I've only done it on the 3DS)

Last edited:

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Hi. Mine too, but I'm too lazy to figure out how to change it. Lmao

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I've been aon this site '12, just inactive. xD But yeah, maybe I need to make a certain amount of posts before leaving wall posts.
Thanks!

On another note: Here's something cool I've done to Robin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ose_HP8LaaE
As all of you probably know; Multi hit aerials when they're canceled have a meteor smash now. And this might be a cool way to edge guard some opponents! Just need to practice it a bit more. (Don't know how easy or hard this is on the Wii U since I've only done it on the 3DS)
lol that sounds like me, i didn't start posting here till brawl, but i had joined a long time ago.

i thought they took out spiking multihits in the recent patch though didn't they?

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Did they? I'm not sure. Haven't been really playing lately

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Happy thanksgiving to y'all who'll be celebrating it!

And if you plan on participating in the sales battles, good luck! xP

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Happy thanksgiving to y'all who'll be celebrating it!

And if you plan on participating in the sales battles, good luck! xP
You Americans are so lucky. Your regular prices are our Black Friday prices. We don't even celebrate Black Friday but Canadian retailers are so afraid of us going south that they have to "celebrate" it too.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Is it safe to go into the Zelda boards without facepalming now?
Or is it just as bad as it was for the 3DS version?

Based loosely on personal experience, here's my thoughts on Zelda's MUs in Sm4sh. Again, a lot of characters I really don't have enough knowledge on their MU, so it's rough estimate for now. Any thoughts?

Who is this person and why are they saying Zelda beats Olimar and Samus?

Did they mean to post this in the Smash 4 boards?

Have we all droppedT Zeldawful yet?

Top Bottom