• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZEST4 *29 Augustus 2009 - Netherlands* MELEE, CONFIRM when ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qlex

Smash Cadet
Okay, actually the guy with me is Aska and not porc. Aska and I are taking the bus from Paris Gallieni to Rotterdam, we arrive at Friday night at 22:30. We booked all, so we confirm.

porc

Smash Journeyman
Are you teaming with Aska ? Or there's a chance the Warlock Beam team (or Warlock Blaster !) is still alive ? :)

Exalador

Smash Lord
Yo, can I join too? ^^
Signing up is actually closed since today, only confirmations from now on, but if you are from the netherlands, and do NOT need housing you can join!

EDIT: To all players i have never seen here before / or are new to the tournament scene:

Tjarwood
Dude
Lid1
and some more:

REMEMBER THAT YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Recording etc

Sup all,

Just letting you guys know that I will be there to record as much as I can (notice some of you guys were already kinda getting worried about that and I have a feeling I'll have a lot of angry Americans harassing me if there aren't any vids of Holland beating Armada:p (there I said it!))

College is starting next tuesday though so I can't promise that the vids will be out the week after. I'll try to talk to AJP about that and if I should record in a particular way.

If samochan can have the new youtube channel ready by the time the vids are encoded that'd be great.

If anyone here has a good mic that we can use (or several with connector that splits the signal) then we can have commentary/crowdreactions etc. Mine are all broken right now. I'm not gonna record the crowd reactions seperate anymore cause syncing that is a real pain and I simply won't have the time. Let me know through pm.

Not sure if I'll participate in the tourney though and I might be a bit later. But I will be there to record ^^. See you guy's (and girls) saturday!!

Exalador

Smash Lord
Sup all,

Just letting you guys know that I will be there to record as much as I can (notice some of you guys were already kinda getting worried about that and I have a feeling I'll have a lot of angry Americans harassing me if there aren't any vids of Holland beating Armada:p (there I said it!))
hahahahaha QFT!

College is starting next tuesday though so I can't promise that the vids will be out the week after. I'll try to talk to AJP about that and if I should record in a particular way.

If samochan can have the new youtube channel ready by the time the vids are encoded that'd be great.

If anyone here has a good mic that we can use (or several with connector that splits the signal) then we can have commentary/crowdreactions etc. Mine are all broken right now. I'm not gonna record the crowd reactions seperate anymore cause syncing that is a real pain and I simply won't have the time. Let me know through pm.

Not sure if I'll participate in the tourney though and I might be a bit later. But I will be there to record ^^. See you guy's (and girls) saturday!!
Good to see youll be there man, ill do my best to get a mic or 2 + splitter :D, about the vids: i don't know a lot about, but if i can give a little help i will!

Exalador

Smash Lord
wow, that would be cool, we could record more matches then :D

Ive also put it on the Dutch smashbros site:

Baxon, Porc, Makenshi, CM and Sat still need housing! is there anyone who can do this? housing will be needed from friday - sunday! plz let me (or them) know ASAP!!!!

Ryuker

Smash Lord
I can record too , should i bring my computer ?
The more recorders there are the smoother the tournament will be. Recording slows down the progression of the tourney so the more we have the faster we can finish the tournament. So by all means bring it ^^.
I also have the studio 12 disc that I unpurposely took with me from epita so I'll give it to one of you guys ^^.

Exalador

Smash Lord
srs, gief seeding plx
Seeding will be done at the tournament itself, as with al ZESTs, i will talk it over with Utto in advance, but the final seeding will be done there.

EDIT: ill post a 1st draft of the seeding shortly for you VA

EDIT2: here it is, courtesy of Marc: AS SAID: THE FINAL SEEDING WILL BE DETERMINED AT ZEST ITSELF!!!

Top Seed
21. Adam
22. Amsah
24. Remen
25. Zgetto
26. Marc
51. Dave
65. Paramo (DE)
84. Aniolas (S)
85. Armada (S)
88. Baxon (FR)
92. Makenshi (FR)
4. My
9. Ice (DE)
23. Faab
48. kJaB (DE)
50. Steven

High Seed
35. Reffie
91. Mind Trick
79. VA (GB)
71. Porc (Fr)
67. Ryuker
56. CBT+ (BE)
55. Johnny
42. Jeffz0r
18. Ivo
16. Qlex (FR)
15. Utto
13. Enig
8. Lawrencelot
52. Matthijs
61. Happosai
76. Coen

J03

Smash Master
Exaldor, what format are you running the tourney, one or 2 rounds of pools?

this is based on 100 entrants obv

with 32 seeds are you inteding on running 16 pools of 6/7 with the top 2 advancing into the finnal 32?

Exalador

Smash Lord
Exaldor, what format are you running the tourney, one or 2 rounds of pools?

this is based on 100 entrants obv

with 32 seeds are you inteding on running 16 pools of 6/7 with the top 2 advancing into the finnal 32?
It will be a one round pool to 32 entrant bracket indeed. For the total ammount of entrants i expect to get 16 pools with 6 entrants, which would make 2 people advace in each pool. The team tournament will be DE bracket only

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
hey exalador...
i wont be able to make it to this, sorry if you've already worked your *** of to get me some housing :p
i dont think Tero will come either, since he has to work

have fun at the tourney, and i hope germany will be represented well :D

Exalador

Smash Lord
Ice and Paramo will be here, so i think that germany is gonna be repped just fine :D too bad you can't make it... housing has been hard this tournament yeah.... If there is gonna be a ZEST5 i wanna try and get a venue for 2 days, which allows housing at the venue, should make it a bit easier.

Too bad you can't make it, we will meet next time :)

Qlex

Smash Cadet
Are you teaming with Aska ? Or there's a chance the Warlock Beam team (or Warlock Blaster !) is still alive ? :)
It should have been so, but Makenshi asked me before if he and I could team. Sorry ^^'

I will bring a mic.

Kone

Smash Master
tim - we will get to yours for like 6am friday morning. i wont be on the internet again. will see you then ^_^ please can u swap mobile numners or phone numbers with craig online so we have a way of contacting u !!

thanks!

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Seeding is really tentative and done in a short amount of time, so just send me a PM for comments or whatever.

de_gLory^

Smash Cadet
somehow im really interested in this.
but i would need some housing cuz a 1 day trip isnt worth it for me, because im ****ing burned out :>

so, i would like to being housed with the other german smashers, would be reeeeaaally nice.

greeetz, gLory

nofx4president

Smash Journeyman
'tim - we will get to yours for like 6am friday morning. i wont be on the internet again. will see you then ^_^ please can u swap mobile numners or phone numbers with craig online so we have a way of contacting u !!'

wow, early xD, i think i'll skip thursday-beer-evening ^^. craig and i swapped numbers. you'll prolly not read this but whatever x'D

exalador: ik kan geen housing meer regelen denk ik. 1 vriend is een weekend in utrecht, andere heeft mexicaanse griep xD (en mn zus ook nu :p), en andere is al met school begonnen en is daar druk mee dit weekend.

sorry =[

Exalador

Smash Lord
somehow im really interested in this.
but i would need some housing cuz a 1 day trip isnt worth it for me, because im ****ing burned out :>

so, i would like to being housed with the other german smashers, would be reeeeaaally nice.

greeetz, gLory
I don't think thats gonna work: as said, the registration is open for a short while again, but only for dutch players, because arranging any more housing is gonna be nearly impossible, i'm really sorry man

'tim - we will get to yours for like 6am friday morning. i wont be on the internet again. will see you then ^_^ please can u swap mobile numners or phone numbers with craig online so we have a way of contacting u !!'

wow, early xD, i think i'll skip thursday-beer-evening ^^. craig and i swapped numbers. you'll prolly not read this but whatever x'D

exalador: ik kan geen housing meer regelen denk ik. 1 vriend is een weekend in utrecht, andere heeft mexicaanse griep xD (en mn zus ook nu :p), en andere is al met school begonnen en is daar druk mee dit weekend.

sorry =[
Ok no problem tim, thanx iig, dan zullen de 5 fransen zaterdag waarschijnlijk bij mij slapen. Liever niet dat wel... want mn vader gaat het zeker niet op prijs stellen.... dus als iemand zich nog kan aanbieden: GRAAG!!!

So they still need housing for saturday?
I guess so, ik ga daar wel ff wat voor regelen EDIT: = inmiddels geregeld, thx ryuker :)

I'll bring a cube+melee.
Great ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom